Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,696 members, 7,951,888 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 06:38 AM

Parents Should Stop Doing This Because Of Their Children Future. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Parents Should Stop Doing This Because Of Their Children Future. (385 Views)

Sex For Mark: "OAU Female Student Should Stop Playing The Victim" - Man Says / Civil Servants Sending Their Children To Private Universities Are Corrupt – ASUU / Parents Should Stop Doing This Because Of Their Children's Future (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Parents Should Stop Doing This Because Of Their Children Future. by bytemeister(m): 8:07am On Oct 05, 2015
1>>Whether educated or not... This post or thread is directed to all parents and even the intending parents can learn one or two things from this while those who were victims may also share theire experiences. . I was in SS1 to introduce the newly promoted students to Physics as a subject... I felt there is the need for me to ask them why they chose the science department even when some of them know how demanding the department could be... I was taken aback with some of the response i got from some of the students. A female told me categorically that her passion is to become a writer in the nearest future as she love reading poems and Novel but her mother was against it. I asked her what was on her mother's mind when she said no and she told me that her mum told her emphatically that there is no Nurse in the family and as such she has to be a nurse to fulfil her mum's wish... I was left dumbfounded as the girl has no other option but to obey her 'dear mum'. As if it wasnt enough, another told me he loves designing but his dad want him to be a Pilot and he doesnt have any option. The matter above is somehow sensitive as even the so called educated fellows make the mistake of 'departmentalising' their kids if that Word exist in the english context. The scenario reminded me of the movie 3 idiots that i watched back then and i had to prescribe it to the students to go watch with their parents... Imagine what disastrous effect it would have had on their careers if MOHAMMAD ALI's father had forced him to be a musician and MICHEAL JACKSON's father had forced him to be a boxer... I Shared my impression with a friend and he stated point blankly that this is one of the many reasons why our educational sector keeps falling beyond expectation... It isnt about what they want, rather, it is about what we the parents want. Parents have totally forgotten that they are suppose to CHOOSE WITH their Children and Not CHOOSE FOR them when it comes to their careers... We might be vastly experienced but we still need to respect the passion of our children... Let the children know that they need to follow excellence and success will chase them pants down as stated by Ranchoddas Chalmadas Chanchad... I have spoken...

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Like And Share This To Help The Life Of Others,this Is A Life Time Opportinity / Schorlaship Opportunity/give Back Initiative::::::::::: ::::::::::::::::::::: / Students And The Beans Theory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.