Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,382 members, 7,881,380 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 06:08 PM

Miss California Carrie Prejean's Gay Marriage Answer Angers Miss Usa Judge Perez - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Miss California Carrie Prejean's Gay Marriage Answer Angers Miss Usa Judge Perez (1175 Views)

Poll: Should Miss California Have Answered the Gay Marriage Question Differently?

Yes, She should have given a politically correct answer.: 0% (0 votes)
No, she was being true to herself.: 100% (3 votes)
This poll has ended

Nollywood Actor Ceejay Perez Dies In Fatal Motor Accident(photos) / D'banj On A Date With Former Miss USA [kenya Moore] In Houston / Miss USA 2012: Meet The Contestants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Miss California Carrie Prejean's Gay Marriage Answer Angers Miss Usa Judge Perez by ThoniaSlim(f): 4:33am On Apr 22, 2009
Miss USA 2009 runner-up Carrie Prejean of California is making headlines for actually having an opinion beyond "world peace is a good thing." Miss California's answer to judge (and gossip provocateur) Perez Hilton's question about legalizing gay marriage started out rather politic but soon veered into tangible conviction: "We live in a land where you can choose same-sex marriage or opposite marriage. And you know what, I think in my country, in my family, I think that I believe that a marriage should be between a man and a woman. No offense to anybody out there, but that's how I was raised."

Miss California Carrie Prejean's gay marriage answer angers Miss USA judge Perez Hilton
by Vicki Hyman/The Star-Ledger
Monday April 20, 2009, 4:39 PM
AP PHOTO/ERIC JAMISONMiss California Carrie Prejean responds to a question from judge Perez Hilton about gay marriage during the question-and-answer session of the Miss USA pageant Sunday night.

Miss USA 2009 runner-up Carrie Prejean of California is making headlines for actually having an opinion beyond "world peace is a good thing." Miss California's answer to judge (and gossip provocateur) Perez Hilton's question about legalizing gay marriage started out rather politic but soon veered into tangible conviction: "We live in a land where you can choose same-sex marriage or opposite marriage. And you know what, I think in my country, in my family, I think that I believe that a marriage should be between a man and a woman. No offense to anybody out there, but that's how I was raised."

Hilton responded via his own video blog right after the show, saying "she gave the worst answer in pageant history." He says that anyone with half a brain should have answered that each state should decide for themselves. A Miss USA shouldn't alienate anyone, he says, she should inspire and unite. Hilton did later apologize for calling a "dumb b----," and said he's like to take her out for a cup of coffee.

source: http://www.nj.com/entertainment/celebrities/index.ssf/2009/04/miss_california_carrie_prejean.html
Re: Miss California Carrie Prejean's Gay Marriage Answer Angers Miss Usa Judge Perez by ThoniaSlim(f): 4:36am On Apr 22, 2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OY-1cybT6p8

Now my question is Miss Prejean was asked her opinion. She gave her honest opinion and why she felt that way. Why should this be such a problem?
Re: Miss California Carrie Prejean's Gay Marriage Answer Angers Miss Usa Judge Perez by Ndipe(m): 4:42am On Apr 22, 2009
ThoniaSlim:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OY-1cybT6p8

Now my question is Miss Prejean was asked her opinion. She gave her honest opinion and why she felt that way. Why should this be such a problem?

I wonder, and this guy, Perez Hilton is going about blasting her for expressing her opinion about gay marriage, even commenting that she lost out on the crown because of her answer. My goodness! Isnt the girl entitled to her own opinion? It is totally wrong that her answers cost her the crown. Shame!
Re: Miss California Carrie Prejean's Gay Marriage Answer Angers Miss Usa Judge Perez by ThoniaSlim(f): 4:49am On Apr 22, 2009
Exactly my point, if Perez Hilton has a right to be gay or support gay marriage, Why can't the same right be accorded to Carrie, without being criticized or peeps screaming foul play. . .fine if anyone wants to be gay. . .that's left to the individual. . .but don't impose it on everyone to accept your beliefs. . . I am in full support of her for being true to herself. . .

(1) (Reply)

Exclusive Pictures From Everybody Loves Ice Prince (eli) Album Launch / 9ice Gets Cow As Birthday Gift / EXCLUSIVE: Lil Wayne -- Recovering At His Mommy's House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.