Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,800 members, 7,915,270 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 07:56 PM

Opinion: APC Supporters Trying Hard To Silence All Dissenting Opinions - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opinion: APC Supporters Trying Hard To Silence All Dissenting Opinions (402 Views)

Plans To Make Hate Speech Treasonable Is A Plot To Silence Opposition - Fayose / Rerun: Amaechi To APC Supporters, “If You Allow Them To Shoot You, You Will Die" / Nigerian Government Muzzling Dissenting Voices - Amnesty International (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion: APC Supporters Trying Hard To Silence All Dissenting Opinions by Tomjazzy2: 6:12pm On Oct 05, 2015
Having carefully studied the recent trends with in our political terrain, I have come to realize, albeit regrettably, that most APC supporters as well as their members, lack the requisite objectivism to engage in any public discourse.

Particularly worrisome is the way and manner they go about calling for the head of any one who is perceived to have made a negative remark about the Buhari led administration, even when most of these remarks and observations are made with out any prior intention of discrediting the current government; even when most of them were constructively made.

Please and please, this is a democracy, and like other democracies the world over, one of the distinguishing beauties is the ability of the system to accommodate varrying views on issues that are of public interest.

Suffice it to point out here that even though I never liked the GEJ's administration for it's seeming lackadaisical attitude on some pertinent national issues (though I voted for him in 2011), I didn't get as much reprimand in his entire six years tenure, as I have gotten in just less than Buhari's four month reign.

That you like and voted for Buhari, does not in any way make you more Nigerian than the man who hates and didn't vote for buhari.

Let the eagle perch, let the hawk perch; Nigeria belongs to all of us.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Opinion: APC Supporters Trying Hard To Silence All Dissenting Opinions by Mogidi: 6:14pm On Oct 05, 2015
We'll never allow Nigeria to be a one party state, if it ends in the dissolution of Nigeria so be it, but we can't allow it to happen.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion: APC Supporters Trying Hard To Silence All Dissenting Opinions by Nobody: 6:24pm On Oct 05, 2015
1000 likes for u OP. you can imagine my friend on FB unfriending n blocking me just becus i made a post about Buhari on Oct 1, which he didn't like angry

Personally, I see dem as touts

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Opinion: APC Supporters Trying Hard To Silence All Dissenting Opinions by Nobody: 6:28pm On Oct 05, 2015
The broom wavers are some of the most zombiec, impatient and intolerant folks, who can hardly stand anyone with an opinion different from theirs.

Democracy can only survive and thrive in the face of a relentless and positive opposition; some of is refused to be zombies.

It's their modus operandi to rush in to hush any opposition voices here and offline.

I remember a very good friend blocked me weeks to the elections because I wouldn't join in the broom dance. She arrogantly unblocked and sent me a friend request, and I returned the extreme stance she displayed in the past.

We all won't be zombies.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Opinion: APC Supporters Trying Hard To Silence All Dissenting Opinions by Tomjazzy2: 6:39pm On Oct 05, 2015
Seems blocking and unfriending is fast becoming common. I have had my fair share of experience too. A friend who graduated with first class suprised me the week the election results were annouced and PMB declared winner. He blocked and removed me simply because I hailed the sportman like spirit of GEJ for humbly accepting defeat; I was wowed!!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Why President Buhari Prefers Int'l Media To Nigerian Journalists / Imo Gov. Okorocha Denies Issuing Dud Cheques For Salary Arrears / Imagine: Right To Die Becomes Law In California(united State)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.