Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,181 members, 7,880,681 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 02:02 AM

Amorc Is Not A Cult - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Amorc Is Not A Cult (60270 Views)

My Uncle Wants Me In Amorc / What Are Benefits Of Being A Member Of The AMORC? / What Comes To Your Mind When You Hear The Word 'AMORC'? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amorc Is Not A Cult by alcuin(m): 7:12pm On Aug 29, 2014
Fabrepass: AMORC is the most deceptive secret society in the world. They are just deceiving people with their literature.

Can u please give reasons for ur conclusion?
Re: Amorc Is Not A Cult by diji04(m): 12:02am On Sep 01, 2014
hmmmmmmm so dis thread is still much alive after many years. For all i can deduced people fear wat de dont belief and understand. Anything dat de are clueless about is evil and occultic. I am a adventrous being wit great belief in things of esoteric.

1 Like

Re: Amorc Is Not A Cult by 4amorc(m): 1:20am On Sep 01, 2014
FREEDOM OF MIND
-Helping Loved Ones Leave Controlling People, Cults And Beliefs-
A new book by Steven Hassan as discussed by Pierre S. Freeman
HOW AMORC USED ANCHORS TO CREATE MY CULT IDENTITY

As I explained in my last blog, Steven Hassan explains in his book, Freedom of Mind, that a cult tries to find vulnerabilities in discarded aspects of one’s authentic identity in order to create the cult personality.
Although I have certain vitiated the control of any splinter personality over my day to day activities through a variety of means, including reading the books of exit counselors like Hassan, Freedom of Mind gave me some clues as to how I managed to do this, as I only had a certain amount of knowledge during my own self-deprogramming.
My writing of a memoir called, The Prisoner of San Jose, was probably a very useful implement in my loosening the bonds of Mind Control on my personality.
You see, in writing the book, I went over many aspects of my childhood, where there were elements, which I discarded or repressed, which probably contributed to my successful recruitment by AMORC and formed the deadly anchors, which bound me to it.
Here are a few:
1) Poverty Although my father was born into wealth in Haiti, his uncle, who was caring for him and his siblings after the death of his own father, had managed to co-opt the estate for himself. And my father had to fend for his own and this was not at all an easy path. Since he separated from my mother, who took care of the children, my sisters and I experienced a brutal kind of poverty. Poverty was one of the hooks that AMORC used- because it claimed it had the true path towards happiness and prosperity through identification with the Cosmic.
2) Religious Aspirations When I was a child, I had initially been chosen to go into the priesthood, a valuable prerequisite to getting into a seminary, which would be a launching ground for a better life. Back then I was very religious and, as a Catholic, I took the church doctrine very seriously, although I was aware of its shortcomings. An example would be confessing your sin to a priest, a very core part of Catholic practice when I grew up. Even as a child, I wondered how saying a whole bunch of Hail Marys could neutralize a serious transgression. It seemed to me as absurd then as it does now. So, inwardly, although perhaps not fully consciously, I probably aspired to a truer type of spiritual practice.
One of the fundamental approaches of AMORC is to constantly bombard the members from the beginning of their association with AMORC with the shortcomings of conventional religious practice. AMORC claims to be providing a true authentic approach to spirituality but in reality this organization is in many ways worst than the church. So this quest for spiritual path plays an important role in the appeal of AMORC to naïve prospective members.
3) Separation of my Parents Unfortunately, my parents separated early. One of the reasons was that my mother was abused by my father, Although in some respects I had a happy childhood, in many ways I came out of a broken home and there were undoubtedly scars. Cults like AMORC tend to fill this gap by providing “true, benevolent authority” like the Imperator, who has been granted a powerful earthly authority over membership in AMORC, the only true and complete path to Cosmic Consciousness.
4) Class Struggle in Haiti Although I got into the prestigious Faculte des Sciences, an Engineering School, in Haiti and had a very good internship at the government’s Mining Department and some extremely good contacts in the upper professional, class in Haiti, I think I was still insecure. I had come from an extremely impoverished background and, for that reason, the lure of a magical edge provided by AMORC has a special appeal for me.
These factors- and the fact that I was ardently looking for answers to fundamental questions about human life and its meaning, made me vulnerable to the claims of AMORC and which eventually reshaped my buoyant and competitive personality into a cult identity, which made me cling to AMORC despite the fact that it did just helped me to recapitulate the poverty of my youth, did not provide a really satisfying and comprehensive answer to my quest for God, did not provide me with anything like substitute parents or benevolent authority nor permit me to be realistically economically competitive when I relied on the Cosmic promises of prosperity held out to me by AMORC. But even though these things were not addressed, Mind Control makes you believe in a lot of unreality so while the authentic self struggles for freedom, the cult identity clings to cult membership like glue.
By addressing this issues in my memoir, I think, to some extent, I began to reawaken my original memories and aspirations and began, at least subconsciously, to recapture elements of my true authentic self that I had abandoned, only to be addressed and co-opted by AMORC in an inauthentic way. I think that action did help me dilute the power of the cult personality and help restore me to my true, authentic self.

Re: Amorc Is Not A Cult by sonnel: 10:13am On Sep 01, 2014
What about lodge society,can anyone throw more light on it? Is it a secret cult? Do they perform human rituals?
Re: Amorc Is Not A Cult by alcuin(m): 10:25am On Sep 01, 2014
sonnel: What about lodge society,can anyone throw more light on it? Is it a secret cult? Do they perform human rituals?

What do u mean by lodge society? Pls explain.
Re: Amorc Is Not A Cult by jessylynn01: 3:04am On Dec 03, 2014
AM HAPPY MY ANGEL IS WITH ME AGAIN, THANKS TO DR KEKE ODIN

hello my name is Parker Velley i want you all to join me to thank this man for restoring my relationship with my ex lover who dump me for another Man for 5 months because the man had money, at first i never believed Dr Keke will be able to help me win Claudia back from this other other guy but because i still love her and need her back in my life, i worked and follow his instruction and it surprise me that after working with him, Claudia called me and ask me to forgive and forget the past that she still love me and that was how me and my angel came back for good. So with this great work done for me by Dr Keke of greatkekespelltemple@gmail.com i promise to always share his good work to the whole wide world and if any body is out there passing through any relationship difficulties should kindly contact him via
email; greatkekespelltemple@gmail.com
website; greatkekespelltemple01.webs.com

Re: Amorc Is Not A Cult by simplex2: 1:25pm On Mar 10, 2015
wink grin cool
Re: Amorc Is Not A Cult by 4amorc(m): 2:13am On Mar 24, 2015
http://www.prweb.com/releases/2015/02/prweb12534700.htm

New Book Release: 'Tales of the Puppet Master: The Emperor (Imperator) Speaks' Examines the Writings by the Founder of the American Rosicrucian Order
Whether a skeptic or a fan of H. Spencer Lewis, Tales of the Puppet Master brings a deep and highly personal look at the literature written by the founder of one of the most well-known and long-lasting groups of its type in American history.

Pierre S. Freeman takes an in-depth look at the books authored by H. Spencer Lewis, the well-known founder and first supreme leader of the worldwide organization, Ancient Mystical Order Rosae Crucis (AMORC), just in time for the centennial anniversary.
In Tales of the Puppet Master: The Emperor (Imperator) Speaks, Freeman reviews Lewis’ key works with a focus on the leader’s approach to spirituality and the promotion of his religious organization. It examines Lewis’ principles, which have never properly been critiqued, including his use of hypnosis, the effectiveness of affirmations, his belief in reincarnation, and his contributions to some of the most successful businesses in America.
Pierre S. Freeman has written extensively about the use of mind control in cult recruiting and member retention. As a member of the order for 26 years, the author experienced firsthand the subtle and advanced indoctrination techniques developed by Lewis, a self-proclaimed investigator of hypnotic phenomena.
Whether a skeptic or a fan of H. Spencer Lewis, Tales of the Puppet Master brings a deep and highly personal look at the literature written by the founder of one of the most well-known and long-lasting groups of its type in American history.
Order Tales of the Puppet Master: The Emperor (Imperator) Speaks on Amazon Paperback and Kindle Edition http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00UB0Q6GG
For more information about Pierre S. Freeman, visit his website at http://pierrefreeman.com/ or follow his adventures at his blogs: http://www.theprisonerofamoorc.com/ and http://pierrefreeman.com/blog/. Contact him at pierre(at)pierrefreeman(dot)com.
About Pierre S. Freeman
Pierre S. Freeman is a man with a mission. He is determined to reveal to the public the dangers and methodologies of dangerous cult organizations. He writes about his personal history in escaping such an organization, as well as the mind control methodologies and injurious practices involved in transforming normal human personalities to compliant pawns of cult leaders. He is the author of The Prisoner of San Jose: How I Escaped from Rosicrucian Mind Control, AMORC Unmasked: The Hidden Mind Control Techniques of the Famous So-called Rosicrucian Order, and Daring to Speak of Darkness.
Contact Wheatmark
1760 E. River Rd., Suite 145, Tucson, AZ 85718
Telephone: (888) 934-0888
Email: info@wheatmark.com

Re: Amorc Is Not A Cult by eddybekp(m): 9:23pm On Jun 30, 2015
Definitely not. That AMORC is a secret cult is a misplaced notion arising from ignorance at the highest level and consciousness at the lowest level. AMORC is a very PURE organisation that is strictly against anything in the form of magic, voodoo or any form of evil or negativity (we are always mindful of the Law of Karma). It is open to anyone with clean intentions and sincere desire to gain the Greater Light that is inherent in our being, for we are all created in the likeness of our Creator. Hence, as Rosicrucians, it is this spark of divingty in us that we attune with and not with any intermediary, genie, substance or entity. We are merely dealing with our real nature (as God created us), no addition no subtraction.
Re: Amorc Is Not A Cult by Skilz4real: 1:29pm On Aug 28, 2015
Hi! I came across this post and wish to get some facts out here, being a member of Amorc that started in Egypt where Israelites were liberated from and I was forced to undergo the nine degree initiations by one of my closest relative for safety reasons. After being born-again, I asked God to reveal Himself unto me since I my spirit was troubled to know which path to take even when Amorc stated that you can still do your religion, and for the first time in my life, i fell into a trance in the year 2002 and saw a light from heaven and then heard a thunderous voice speaking to me, then He concluded that I should tell my friends that Jesus Christ is coming soon. I was later revealed to avoid some sects in which Amorc was inclusive in 2007/8.
That baffled me and I was led to get some tips of what may be the reason... Well, from my understanding Amorc, accepts all religions and directs its members to perform each exercises. The truth is that there are numerous diverse principles and teachings from all over the world which will tremendously improve one's life. They make you understand that whatever you sow, you will reap. Law of Karma is sure..and they believe they communicate to God directly, not through some other channels....

According to the Bible phrase in Ezekiel Chapter 8:16-18: "And he brought me into the inner court of the LORD's house, and, behold, at the door of the temple of the LORD, between the porch and the altar, were about five and twenty men, with their backs toward the temple of the LORD, and their faces toward the east; and they worshipped the sun toward the east.

Then he said unto me, Hast thou seen this, O son of man? Is it a light thing to the house of Judah that they commit the abominations which they commit here? for they have filled the land with violence, and have returned to provoke me to anger: and, lo, they put the branch to their nose.

Therefore will I also deal in fury: mine eye shall not spare, neither will I have pity: and though they cry in mine ears with a loud voice, yet will I not hear them."

My conclusion is they may tell you to do the right but are they leading you to the right path to your salvation after death?

My advice is that seek God through Jesus Christ and ask Him to reveal the truth to you not through organizations or sects.

God bless you all
Re: Amorc Is Not A Cult by payloader(m): 7:24pm On Aug 29, 2015
Very funny your uncle said amorc is not a cult. If so ogboni too is no cult. My brother anything that looks like a man and has hooves is not a man no matter how handsome he may be. look at the name again, ancient mystical order rosae crucis. You don't need a proph to tell you its a cult that practices the occult. unless you are not a Christian and you don't understand what occult means you can consult your Google page. Occultism deals with the demon world no matter how colourful mystics and sorcerers may paint it. I suggest you get you bible and prayerfully study it. All the answers you seek are inside.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Amorc Is Not A Cult by Alfons: 6:16pm On Jan 02, 2017
FREE-AMORC Monographs

Go To www.AMORConline.com
and click on the Yellow tab

Re: Amorc Is Not A Cult by rspcomilla: 6:43pm On Jan 03, 2017
FREE

Go To www.AMORConline.com
and click on the Yellow tab to read the Rosicrucian Monographs For FREE

Re: Amorc Is Not A Cult by llts: 5:14pm On Jan 17, 2017
I live in ibadan, Nigeria, plss can someone contact me up to the lodge in ibadan, I wish to be a member of Amoc.
Re: Amorc Is Not A Cult by 4amorc(m): 3:24am On Mar 28, 2017
[quote author=alcuin post=25871103]

For FREE AMORC Monographs, kindly visit: www.AMORConline.com
and click on the Yellow tab to read the Rosicrucian Monographs For FREE

Esteemed and Venerated Imperator-

As you may have heard, I, Pierre S. Freeman, the author of The Prisoner of San Jose and AMORC Unmasked have taken grave exception to the practices and agenda of your organization, Ancient Mystical Order Of Rosæ Crucis, known to the world as AMORC. For this reason, I extend to you the opportunity to answer personally some of the questions that have troubled me and to defend your organization from the charges I have seen fit to make against it.

DOES AMORC USE BLACK MAGIC TO CONTROL WORLD LEADERS?

In Celestial Ascent Number 1, Experiment 93, the member is asked to "choose a head of state or government, either in your own country or some other country." The member is then asked "to stimulate your psychic consciousness," take positive breaths and then visualize the leader you have chosen sitting in the center of a pyramid of light. You then repeat the sound OM, while continuing to breathe until you feel that you are within this person's body, being part of his or her whole consciousness. Is this process of assuming control of another person's consciousness, which you call 'assumption,' a form of black magic?

Re: Amorc Is Not A Cult by PierreSFreeman: 3:33am On Nov 10, 2017
Analyzing the Master Monographs-Section ILLUMINATI- Degree 12, Monograph 72 - Part 1- By Pierre S. Freeman

“That a harmonious condition can be re-established within the body through a mystical and a spiritual understanding of life is now freely admitted by eminent psychologists”

Read this monographs and the other monographs at https://amorconline.com/

We begin the analysis of this monograph by asking a simple question, what is a reasonable belief? Well on the surface, a reasonable belief arises from some manner of justification. When questioned, the defender of a reasonable belief will have some reasoning for holding their values to be true. Cults such as AMORC (ROSICRUCIAN ORDER AMORC) are skilled in presenting their beliefs as eminently believable and logical to the novice observer. They simply take their theories and mold them to fit existing evidence.
In the case of this “Considered Opinion”, AMORC (ROSICRUCIAN ORDER AMORC) borrows some credibility and authority from noted philosopher, psychologist and educational reformer John Dewey. Here Dewey states his learned opinion on the value of religion,
“The religious experience is a reality insofar as, in the midst of effort to foresee and regulate future objects, we are sustained and expanded in feebleness and failure by the sense of an enveloping whole. Peace in action not after it is the contribution of the ideal to conduct.”
It a reasoned, non-controversial statement that could be understood and accepted even by the uninitiated, here swallowing this truth gives the class Master a foundation to foster suggestibility and control.
“The more cultured and sensitive the nature, the more likely is the woman to become affected by some jealous impression, and the more she will keep this emotion secret and burn inwardly rather than let anyone know about it.”

Read this monographs and the other monographs at https://amorconline.com/

The class master’s introduction in this monograph starts by establishing a personal link between the reader, and the writer. The monograph cleverly throws out a variety of Barnum statements geared towards each possible reader, in an effort to gain intimacy and empathy in the mind of the student.
Barnum statements are a technique used as a part of cold reading; those familiar with the methods by so-called psychics and fortune tellers will be well familiar with how a normal routine goes. Essentially the mystic will make a series of vague statements that align with the beliefs and wishes of large groups of people. While the idea behind the statements will be broad, the trained cold reader will be able to use their perceived authority and psychological insight to frame them in a manner that makes them seem wholly personal.
Even if the statement has no bearing on your reality, it will still be broad enough for you to pick and choose the parts that fit your personal life. For those who are already indoctrinated, such statements will ring true as keenly observed and wise.
In this part of the monograph, the class master uses a series of unnamed authorities to elucidate upon the emotional disturbances experienced by women, and men.
“Men are more likely to express enmities of a personal nature than are women and therefore become grouchy on subjects related to the emotional attitude.”
The monograph is littered with similar statements; you can read throughout the text at https://amorconline.com/.

Re: Amorc Is Not A Cult by Sheridale(f): 11:54am On Jun 10, 2018
Analysis of Section Initiate Degree 7 Monograph 1
(Defending AMORC against Pierre S. Freeman Critics)

Regardless of any disgruntled persons, the fact remains that through an individual’s aura you can find illness and treat them in a simpler manner without medications, drugs or expensive doctor’s bills. These are the truths that were taken from us long ago and were replaced with big pharmaceutical companies and doctors who drive Porsches. So expand your mind and take back that knowledge!

This section numbered 15, discusses “healing through colour”, the vibrations of colours, how they relate to the aura and how these they are used to diagnose and treat various ailments. In the beginning of this monograph S.G. Miron is quoted as saying “All living things are surrounded by a field of electromagnetic energy. Radiations from this field are waves of colour surrounding bodies, and their total aggregate is called the aura. The aura is closely related to the psychic body and to the vital life force, animating all the cells of our being.” This means that the aura is a simple way to look at our current health and because of this connection it shows us any energy imbalances that we might be experiencing. So, if someone is sick or has an illness, their aura would look dark and broken in places which would make it easier for us to diagnosis and treat through psychic means.

Diagnosis and treatment of the aura are both effective with patience and practice. However, there can be a lot of negativity towards these practices by those who have never bothered to try them and sometimes there is negativity by those who have, such as Pierre S. Freeman a man who himself says he spent 24 years in AMORC. Freeman owns a blog where he talks about the many different monographs of AMORC and tries to discredit them as much as possible, however if anyone truly takes the time to read what he says, Freeman comes off as disgruntled and contradictory. In one post, he states that AMORC uses members to fatten their wallets. One is only left to assume that he is bitter due to personal unresolved issues.

In a letter that Freeman said he wrote that is available on his website, for some unknown reasons demands to have questions answered about topics most would assume he already knows about for certain after being a part of AMORC for so long. One of his questions is asking if “AMORC encourages members to practice medicine without a license?” he further elaborates on this question with hubris and answers it himself with an answer that only advances his agenda.

I am going to break this down a bit more simply because it is a perfect example for this particular section. In Freeman’s answer to his own question he states that “the monographs teach members to heal scientifically, utilizing a combination of visualization, positioning the hands on the subject’s physical body and breathing but without affording them any proof or evidence that such procedures work and without any medical or health certification whatsoever?”

If anyone who has never heard of AMORC or has no knowledge of any kind of spiritual healing and stumbled across this, they could possibly be concerned by this but the facts speak an entirely different story.

• There are numerous people, all over the globe of different religions apart from members of AMORC that practice the various spiritual healing techniques that the monographs describe. (Example: Every person who has ever had interest in spiritual healing who has picked up a book or even Googled about it; or any person practicing the Pagan/Wiccan faith.) Let’s face it; there are not a lot of spiritual healing doctorate courses going on at Harvard these days.
• More and more hospitals in the U.S. are incorporating these practices, like meditation into their traditional medicinal treatments, going for a whole body and mind approach to healing.
• Visit any local new age shop in your area and chances are they have services involving cleansing the aura, laying hands on the physical body, etc.
• Any person willing to take the time to practice the techniques and the patience to get them right can tell you that it works, that would be enough proof for most.
• Freeman makes frequent statements about the fact that nothing in the monographs is “scientific”. However, this is not accurate in the least bit. Interestingly enough, the scientific name for an aura is bio-plasma field, in physics, plasma is the 4th state of matter comprised of streams of ionized particles and scientists have proven the existence of the aura with Kirlian photography.
• The first pictures ever taken of the aura happened in Krasnodar, Russia in 1939 and since then thousands of scientific experiments all over the world have proven the existence of auras.

Regardless of any disgruntled persons, the fact remains that through an individual’s aura you can find illness and treat them in a simpler manner without medications, drugs or expensive doctor’s bills. These are the truths that were taken from us long ago and were replaced with big pharmaceutical companies and doctors who drive Porsches. So expand your mind and take back that knowledge!

Support AMORC at : www.watchingout4AMORC.org
Please like us on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/watchingout4AMORC/

Re: Amorc Is Not A Cult by To1Nigeria: 9:46pm On Jul 12, 2020
@teena @churchman: AMORC is a highly dangerous cult. Run for your lives. What they get into also affects the lives of their children and generations unborn.
Google 'Jubilee Resources International', click 'free stuff' and scroll down to read more about Roscicrucians, Freemasons and many other cults. You will find there prayers you can say to liberate yourself as a former member or as a descendant of a former member.
You can also read, 'Unbroken Curses' by Rebecca Brown to see more.
May your eyes open for good.
God bless you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ozubulu Catholic Church Shooting: Obiano Visits Scene, Hospital (Photos) / Daddy Freeze Tithe Against Poverty (TAP) Challenge: Lady Gives One Million Naira / Taribo West Preaching At Alaba MarkET (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.