Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,161 members, 7,949,996 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 05:38 AM

My Most Awkward Moment Yet - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Most Awkward Moment Yet (637 Views)

Matured Ladies Share Your Most Awkward 69ing Experience 18 And Above(pics) / That Awkward Moment U Think You Have Dressed To Kill(hilarious Pics) / That Awkward Moment When A man of GOD Tells You That He Is Not The One. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Most Awkward Moment Yet by livelifeng: 3:12pm On Oct 07, 2015
School sweet o, na exam spoil am. Back then in school so many things happened. Just wanna pen down one of my awkward and most embarrassing moments. I swear ignorance is a disease.

As a fresher back then in school good looking or not good looking, guys will always flock around you sha, be it staylite, lecturers, non-lecturing staffs, even HOD’s are not left behind, as if the staylite ain’t enough for them to woo. Some female freshers usually fall victim, but I was never a catch. *proud self* All thanks to BSF(Baptist Student Fellowship) that caught me young, who knows if I would have been deceived by those heartless lecturers with dead conscience.

Shola *my to-be boyfriend* whose dad owns a pharmacy store just a stone throw from my apartment, schools in another state, whenever he comes around we just say hi and that’s all *clears throat*.

But deep down in my heart I wanted more than that “hi”. With time, we exchanged digit and things went the same. As God would have it we attend the same Baptist church whenever he’s back at home though he seldom attends church service.

Early on one cool Saturday morning, I was busy cleaning up. My phone rang, lo and behold it was Shola on the phone, my heart was racing and I became tongue-tied cause that was the very first time he would call since we exchanged contact. I could feel my heart almost jumping out of my chest, his sweet voice (the sweetest I have ever heard in my life) was like cool shower relieving my tension and nervousness. He said he would like us to meet and talk, I felt like a fool in love. The meeting place was his dad’s shop.

I was so excited that I could hardly curtail my excitement, everyone thought I had just won a jackpot. I cooked my favourites meal that noon *spaghetti and egg* and even delightfully shared some portions to my neighbours which was unusual *am not the stingy type o ,but I had never been nice like that sha*

Exactly 2’o Clock on dot, I was already preparing to meet Mr Prince Charming. I tried on almost all the cloths in my wardrobe before I could pick the perfect one. *as if I was going to meet an important personality* By 4 I was already set, 5 minutes later he called to ask me where I was. You need to see the way I was on that day, I practically expended all my energies to look good and he did notice it and commented that I looked beautiful. * If he had not, I would have cried my eyes out when I got back home*

We got talking, he was not boring at all. *I enjoyed his company* As if I was dreaming, he asked if I would like to be more than a friend to him. It was like someone poured cold chilled water on me, I froze for some seconds but had to re-adjust myself so that he would not notice how much I felt like jumping and screaming on the top of my voice screeching “Yessssssss”. But I had to form *hard to get* (yimu). You know as a typical Nigerian babe, you have to deal with the guy for some time so I told him the usual thing that I was going to think about it. He walked me home, I was feeling fly all through the night just as if I received my monthly feeding allowance.

After then I was always looking forward to seeing him so I would find one thing or the other to do around his dad’s shop. One day, a co-tenant in my apartment, Lola who was a student too asked me to buy a drug for her at the pharmacy shop (the only pharmacy shop was Shola dad’s shop). I didn’t even hesitate, I gladly accepted to buy the drug for her. She gave me a sachet of Postinor 2 and a thousand naira note. I zoomed off straight to shola’s dad pharmacy with an intention to see Shola’s face again*. I was glad to meet him there, we exchanged pleasantries and talked briefly. The shop attendant attended to me and I left.

Immediately I got home Shola called me on the phone and a conversation ensued;

Shola: Hi, who owns the drug you just bought at the pharmacy?

Me: (smiling) It’s mine (I thought Postinor 2 was a regular pain killer)

Shola: Ahh… wait, you bought that drug for yourself?

Me: Yes na, I bought it for me to use (still feeling confident)

Shola: (chuckled) Do you regularly use it?

Me: Yes, I do (I was not concerned with the drugs but his voice)

But this time, I felt uncomfortable with the questions cause I didn’t understand why I would be questioned for buying a regular paracetamol. Then I jokingly asked him why he was asking me series of questions. With a stern voice, he said he was highly disappointed in me, I was like “Maka Why”, and he dropped the call.

I couldn’t understand what was happening and so I went to Lola’s room I asked what the drug was meant for? She laughed at me, asking me if I was a novice. She said Postinors are contraceptive pills used some hours after having sex. I was mad, I shouted at her. I felt like a complete idiot to have even accepted to buy such a drug for her. Why would she have picked ME?

Back to my room I was totally confused *is this how my to-be boyfriend would leave me for another and the fact that I no longer have dignity in his sight* I called him to explain my plight. All he could say was ”ok motigbo” meaning “ok I’ve heard you”.

Don’t ask me if we eventually dated.*winks*

Ignorance is not good ooooo. I felt ashamed of myself.

Link: http://livelifeng.com/my-most-awkward-experience
Re: My Most Awkward Moment Yet by kiddkash(m): 3:16pm On Oct 07, 2015
imagine this girl asking me let us make love, told her I don't make love I fucck
Re: My Most Awkward Moment Yet by henribj(m): 3:17pm On Oct 07, 2015
in summary?
Re: My Most Awkward Moment Yet by dharay99: 3:17pm On Oct 07, 2015

anoda lonq novel...
#siqhs lipsrsealed
Re: My Most Awkward Moment Yet by Nobody: 3:18pm On Oct 07, 2015
lesson learnt.
Lol

(1) (Reply)

Chai Some Ladies Are Harsh / Please Advice! / 50 Thought Provoking Questions About Life.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.