Stats: 3,191,828 members, 7,945,665 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 10:34 PM

I Invite You All To Our Great Ofala Festival (pics) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Invite You All To Our Great Ofala Festival (pics) (1576 Views)

Obiano, US Consular General At Obi Of Onitsha Ofala Festival In Onitsha- PICS / Willie Obiano Attends Igwe Of Onitsha's OFALA Ceremony / Fayose Dancing At Ekiti Udiroko Festival (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

I Invite You All To Our Great Ofala Festival (pics) by mrjangaweed: 8:30pm On Oct 07, 2015
this is the greatest event in Southeast with one of the most powerful king in Nigeria Obi of Onitsha HRH Igwe Nnaemeka Alfred Achebe (Agbogidi 1 of Onitsha Ado Kingdom) marking his annual festival called Ofala smiley

this event is attended by dignitaries both private and governmentals all over the world.

ife eji abu onitsha erika (it takes more to become an onitsha indigene) grin

long live the king!!!

you're all invited cheesy

cc

TonyeBarcanista
Whynotthetruth
Mogidi
temitemi1
MizMyColi
truckpusher
FireFire
phockphockman
Ozaoekpe
Beremx cheesy

Re: I Invite You All To Our Great Ofala Festival (pics) by Nobody: 8:33pm On Oct 07, 2015
Nice...I miss that in my village. They had to cancel that of last year when a masquerade flogged a woman and she called police for the masquerade in my village

Re: I Invite You All To Our Great Ofala Festival (pics) by MizMyColi(f): 8:44pm On Oct 07, 2015
Re: I Invite You All To Our Great Ofala Festival (pics) by mrjangaweed: 8:49pm On Oct 07, 2015
liberty300:
Nice...I miss that in my village. They had to cancel that of last year when a masquerade flogged a woman and she called police for the masquerade in my village
what's your village?
Re: I Invite You All To Our Great Ofala Festival (pics) by Beremx(f): 9:17pm On Oct 07, 2015
Probably you need to tell us a little about the history and importance of the Ofala festival for people like me who is not from Anambra state.
Re: I Invite You All To Our Great Ofala Festival (pics) by OdenigboAroli(m): 9:29pm On Oct 07, 2015
Beremx:
Probably you need to tell us a little about the history and importance of the Ofala festival for people like me who is not from Anambra state.

Ovala/Ofala originated from Aguleri. Ofala is a festival used to make offerings to the gods of the land and give thanksgiving. It also a period the king use to make his annual address and his subjects also uses these period to pay homage to their king. It's full of different activities like egwu ndi eze(egwu ota) ,isekpulu eze(homage) and the rest. Ofala Onicha is the most famous and flamboyant Ofala in Anambra and it makes Ofala Aguleri looks like childsplay. Onicha people are very proud and can be arrogant but I love the way they protect their culture,whether borrowed or not...lol

Re: I Invite You All To Our Great Ofala Festival (pics) by Beremx(f): 9:42pm On Oct 07, 2015
OdenigboAroli:

Ovala/Ofala originated from Aguleri. Ofala is a festival used to make offerings to the gods of the land and give thanksgiving. It also a period the king use to make his annual address and his subjects also uses these period to pay homage to their king. It's full of different activities like egwu ndi eze(egwu ota) ,isekpulu eze(homage) and the rest. Ofala Onicha is the most famous and flamboyant Ofala in Anambra and it makes Ofala Aguleri looks like childsplay. Onicha people are very proud and can be arrogant but I love the way they protect their culture,whether borrowed or not...lol
thanks wanna for the history. I am sure bloodykiller does not know it. grin

Daalu ri nne!
Re: I Invite You All To Our Great Ofala Festival (pics) by DFemaleBoss(f): 9:49pm On Oct 07, 2015
Agbogidi

Re: I Invite You All To Our Great Ofala Festival (pics) by OdenigboAroli(m): 9:53pm On Oct 07, 2015
Beremx:

Daalu ri nne!

Inwero nsogbo,adanne.
Bloodykiller fukwaa nu gi n'anya...lol
Re: I Invite You All To Our Great Ofala Festival (pics) by mrjangaweed: 9:55pm On Oct 07, 2015
Beremx:

Daalu ri nne!

bia nwaanyi imo i know alot of more grin do you want me to gist you ?
Re: I Invite You All To Our Great Ofala Festival (pics) by Beremx(f): 9:56pm On Oct 07, 2015
OdenigboAroli:

Inwero nsogbo,adanne.
Bloodykiller fukwaa nu gi n'anya...lol
lol! Biko ka m si na thread ya puo tupu o me m attack! E jiro m Ike ye n'abalia! grin grin
Re: I Invite You All To Our Great Ofala Festival (pics) by Beremx(f): 9:57pm On Oct 07, 2015
mrjangaweed:

bia nwaanyi imo i know alot of more grin do you want me to gist you ?
don't gist me biko! Aroli has enlightened me enough. tongue
Re: I Invite You All To Our Great Ofala Festival (pics) by chigoizie7(m): 9:58pm On Oct 07, 2015
mrjangaweed:
this is the greatest event in Southeast with one of the most powerful king in Nigeria Obi of Onitsha HRH Igwe Nnaemeka Alfred Achebe (Agbogidi 1 of Onitsha Ado Kingdom) marking his annual festival called Ofala smiley

this event is attended by dignitaries both private and governmentals all over the world.

ife eji abu onitsha erika (it takes more to become an onitsha indigene) grin

long live the king!!!

you're all invited cheesy

cc

TonyeBarcanista
Whynotthetruth
Mogidi
temitemi1
MizMyColi
truckpusher
FireFire
phockphockman
Ozaoekpe
Beremx cheesy

U just do everything but u tell us d date. Well, my town, OBOSI de do their own on saturday.
Re: I Invite You All To Our Great Ofala Festival (pics) by mrjangaweed: 10:02pm On Oct 07, 2015
chigoizie7:

U just do everything but u tell us d date. Well, my town, OBOSI de do their own on saturday.

yes its Saturday bro grin grin grin grin ofala onicha cheesy
Re: I Invite You All To Our Great Ofala Festival (pics) by chigoizie7(m): 10:24pm On Oct 07, 2015
mrjangaweed:

yes its Saturday bro grin grin grin grin ofala onicha cheesy

Onicha or onitsha?
Re: I Invite You All To Our Great Ofala Festival (pics) by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:26pm On Oct 07, 2015
liberty300:

Re: I Invite You All To Our Great Ofala Festival (pics) by babyfaceafrica: 10:34pm On Oct 07, 2015
liberty300:
hope the masqurade is behind bars naw...flogging a woman
Re: I Invite You All To Our Great Ofala Festival (pics) by mrjangaweed: 10:34pm On Oct 07, 2015
chigoizie7:

Onicha or onitsha?

it's onicha but British called it onitsha

I Got Arrested Mistakenly As Being Part Of Biafra Protesters ! (yoruba Guy') / Is This The Change? / Pictures Of Armless Biafra Protesters Murdered By Army Over Shadow Buhari At UAE