Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,414 members, 7,881,520 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 10:11 PM

My Wife And I - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Wife And I (2447 Views)

Why My Wife Will Never Go For Yoga Classes (See Shocking Photo) / Where Is That Sweet Yestaday Thread ( My Wife And My Gardener) / Advice Me: I Am Sleeping With My Brother’s Wife And She Doesn’t Want It To Stop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Wife And I by mcfynest(m): 8:32pm On Oct 07, 2015
It was three years ago, the year 2012 was the most testing years of my life. I chose to use this avenue to share this story when the owner of the blog promised that the writer would be anonymous. I hope I have the strength to write. Please follow my story and help by sharing your own experience and how you overcame it you may be helping someone

It was three years ago and it still feels like yesterday. I thought I would have gotten over it by now. We thought we would have let go, but I don’t know. What do I feel? Is it love or sympathy?
My name is David a graduate of Unilag where I studied economics. I am from delta state, Aniocha North, Isele-uku to be precise. I met Ifeoma in my final year in school and not too long into the friendship, we started dating and things were going on smooth, everyone was happy.
Not until Feb 2012, when I or will I say we were struck with a huge blow. I met Ifeoma crying in her room, her mom was also there with her. The goodies I bought for her fell down has I rushed to ask her what the matter was.

That was when she looked into my eyes and said David, I have cancer. Cancer, Breast Cancer. I felt the world was crushing and falling all over my head. I stood there motionless. That moment, what came to my mind was my Ifeoma was going to die, she wouldn’t be the mother of my children.
I tried to be a man, I lost appetite and all. There were many things I did not know about breast cancer. I thought I was strong but I dint realize the strength that I will need the moment I heard that my ifeoma was down with a life threatening disease. I thought my rough upbringing would prepare me for almost anything, I never prepared for this.
It should have been ify, not to talk of my ify. I have heard of breast cancer cases but never as it been this close to me. The woman I wanted to spend the rest of my life with, the woman I had always protected. Other people got breast cancers but not my woman. Not mine. Other women had to face the uncertainty and the fear, but not mine.
For a while, I thought I could handle her cancer, and I actually did. I went to church to pray, visited psychologists my friends and hers were comforting, our parents were all supportive and all. But one evening, I was in my room resting after the day’s job. My mind refused to listen to me, I couldn’t stomach it again, I had hid my fears so much that I was surprised at how I felt. Was my mind playing tricks with me? I was angry, so angry I wanted to destroy this. I was restless. I wanted to tell all my friends who did not have someone with breast cancer not to pity me my woman. Not to greet us with sad expressions. And that they shouldn’t think it couldn’t happen to them because it could.
The federal government is really trying as regard to cancer treatment and emotional trauma. They brought in people who were breast cancer survivors (not as if I believed them anyway). They told us to follow the instructions and all. A female doctor even told us that we were lucky it has not eaten up all her breast. I looked at the woman straight in the eye, she was a young woman and I doubt if she ever understood what the word lucky means.
Truly, we were lucky, she detected it early. It was a lump, and it was removed. Today, I walk hand in hand with my wife and a child. However, we still remember what we passed through 3 years ago. Friends and families out there who helped us, you guys are wonderful. Pastor and Mrs. Oladokun, our parents, doctors, surgeons, therapists and all that help cancer patients survive daily. You guys are the real hero. You are superhuman.
Today, three years have passed and I need to share what I have learned, I know somewhere today, someone or a friend is getting the news of breast cancer. And I know you will feel a part of yourself shatter and think it would never mend. I have this to tell you, god doesn’t hate you. He will be there for you. Lest I forgot, before that year, I had lost faith in humanity, but remember, there are still wonderful people living and they truly care for you.
I promised myself, one of my children will become an Oncologist.

Lalasticlala, seun, Obinoscopy

1 Like

Re: My Wife And I by Dekatron(m): 8:37pm On Oct 07, 2015
Make I come dey fry fish??
Re: My Wife And I by SUGARBEE(f): 8:41pm On Oct 07, 2015
Okay am cuming..
Re: My Wife And I by Cutehector(m): 8:43pm On Oct 07, 2015
Ok so all d ladies in d house, I do a free breast cancer detection cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Wife And I by Cutehector(m): 8:45pm On Oct 07, 2015
SUGARBEE:
Okay am cuming..
lol u are "cumming" cheesy
Re: My Wife And I by osesology(m): 8:48pm On Oct 07, 2015
Touching story

1 Like

Re: My Wife And I by Swegzfreak: 8:57pm On Oct 07, 2015
I smell FP
Re: My Wife And I by witnezHD(m): 9:04pm On Oct 07, 2015
I don watch this film before... (╰_╯)#
Re: My Wife And I by Mskrisx(f): 9:10pm On Oct 07, 2015
Lovely

1 Like

Re: My Wife And I by Shebarh(f): 9:50pm On Oct 07, 2015
Dammm v always been scared of that breast cancer of a tin embarassed

1 Like

Re: My Wife And I by chara019: 10:35pm On Oct 07, 2015
I just feel so scared of this breast cancer.I will never wish it on anyone.

1 Like

Re: My Wife And I by chomytex(f): 10:55pm On Oct 07, 2015
So inspiring...only the cancer patients know what they pass through.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife And I by mcfynest(m): 12:01am On Oct 08, 2015
witnezHD:
I don watch this film before... (╰_╯)#

Na me be d director

1 Like

Re: My Wife And I by mcfynest(m): 12:01am On Oct 08, 2015
chara019:
I just feel so scared of this breast cancer.I will never wish it on anyone.

Anyone could have it sis, that story is based on a true life incident.
Re: My Wife And I by mcfynest(m): 12:02am On Oct 08, 2015
chomytex:
So inspiring...only the cancer patients know what they pass through.

Am telling ypu. But the FG is also helping big time and many NGOs
Re: My Wife And I by mcfynest(m): 12:03am On Oct 08, 2015
Shebarh:
Dammm v always been scared of that breast cancer of a tin embarassed

Try to do checkup every morning
Mskrisx:
Lovely

Thanks
SUGARBEE:
Okay am cuming..

Why na? Only 2 mins?
Re: My Wife And I by seoxpert(m): 12:05am On Oct 08, 2015
mcfynest:

Why na? Only 2 mins?

LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,

Re: My Wife And I by Shebarh(f): 7:00am On Oct 08, 2015
mcfynest:

Try to do checkup every morning
aii.. thanks

1 Like

Re: My Wife And I by mcfynest(m): 9:51am On Oct 09, 2015
Shebarh:
aii.. thanks

Your name sounds like that of the queen of sheba.
Re: My Wife And I by GodnGold: 10:09am On Oct 09, 2015
Cutehector:
Some things are not comic relief Hector.

1 Like

Re: My Wife And I by Cutehector(m): 10:18am On Oct 09, 2015
GodnGold:
Some things are not comic relief Hector.

gerrara hia wit ur outdated sense of humour
Re: My Wife And I by 400billionman: 3:16pm On Oct 09, 2015
Thank God for your life wife

1 Like

Re: My Wife And I by olanikeh: 8:00pm On Nov 23, 2015
Very lovely piece

I remember I had a neighbour in my uni days, she also had a lump in her left breast luckily enough she discovered it in time and it was removed but what surprised me most is after few months another lump was found again. She cried her life and I can't help but cried with her, cos she was only 17 years then. But now she is still very beautiful and energetic.

1 Like

Re: My Wife And I by wizzprince(m): 8:27pm On Nov 23, 2015
That is y as a guy I spend quality time with my gals b****t, always looking for hidden and unwanted guests
Re: My Wife And I by pet4ril(f): 8:56pm On Nov 23, 2015
What shall i say in this.... .thank you Lord and may your name forever be praise
Re: My Wife And I by mcfynest(m): 7:29am On Nov 24, 2015
olanikeh:
Very lovely piece

I remember I had a neighbour in my uni days, she also had a lump in her left breast luckily enough she discovered it in time and it was removed but what surprised me most is after few months another lump was found again. She cried her life and I can't help but cried with her, cos she was only 17 years then. But now she is still very beautiful and energetic.

Thabk God for her....
Re: My Wife And I by mcfynest(m): 7:29am On Nov 24, 2015
pet4ril:
What shall i say in this.... .thank you Lord and may your name forever be praise

Amen
Re: My Wife And I by Nobody: 7:41am On Nov 24, 2015
Cutehector:
hmmm undecided

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

My Christmas Gift To Nairalanders / Nairaland Top 5 Casanovas! / Davido's Hypeman Special Spesh Uploads Video Of Himself Chopping Down A Chic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.