Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,175 members, 7,880,661 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 12:23 AM

Boko Haram Launches Fresh Attack On Geidam, Yobe Governor’s Home Town - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Launches Fresh Attack On Geidam, Yobe Governor’s Home Town (21069 Views)

Boko Haram Launches Radio Station, Goes On Air / Boko Haram Loots Shops, Fuel Stations In Geidam / 10 Feared Dead, Houses Set Ablaze As Boko Haram Launches Fresh Attacks On Borno (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko Haram Launches Fresh Attack On Geidam, Yobe Governor’s Home Town by nigerianvenom(m): 11:41pm On Oct 07, 2015
Nigeria is actually in a sorrow state
Re: Boko Haram Launches Fresh Attack On Geidam, Yobe Governor’s Home Town by ChuckD1(m): 11:48pm On Oct 07, 2015
They will soon say it was military exercise.

5 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Launches Fresh Attack On Geidam, Yobe Governor’s Home Town by ERAKAMUS: 11:48pm On Oct 07, 2015
alaoeri:
BH is a guerrilla warfare more difficult than the conventional warfare nevertheless NA will conquer them very soon.
When will you face Reality #DUDE.

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Launches Fresh Attack On Geidam, Yobe Governor’s Home Town by AkwaIbomrep1: 12:02am On Oct 08, 2015
passionate88:
Suspected members of Boko Haram militants are currently launching an attack on Geidam, the home town of Governor Ibrahim Gaidam of Yobe state, locals say.

Terrified residents said that sporadic gunshots were being heard in the town.

Geidam is about 180 kilometers from the state capital, Damaturu. It is also a border town between Nigeria and the Republic of Niger.

A resident said he noticed the movement of seven pick up vans moving through the town believed to be conveying members of the terrorist group.
A resident said: “There had been ceaseless shooting. Everyone is indoor right now and no one can say exactly what is happening outside but I saw seven pick-up vans coming into the town from the direction of Niger Republic.”

Another resident said they learnt military re-enforcements were coming from Gashua and Damaturu but that could not be confirmed.
The military spokesman was not immediately available for comment.
But the Police Public Relations Officer in the state, ASP Toyin Gbadegesin, who confirmed the attack said “the militants are currently making efforts to invade the town but security forces on ground are well in control of the situation”

The PPRO said security forces are well aware of their responsibility of protecting the lives and property of the people and urged them to remain calm and go about their normal businesses.
He also called on the people “to continue to partner with security agents towards the restoration of peace in the state and the country at large.
Earlier in the day, gunmen believed to be Boko Haram had launched suicide attacks in three different locations in Damaturu, killing at least 17 and injuring 11.

Geidam town last came under attack in March this year with residents fleeing into Meine-Soroa of Niger republic and other major towns in the state before returning to their homes weeks after the restoration of peace in the area.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/10/breaking-boko-haram-launches-fresh-attack-on-geidam-yobe-governors-home-town/
we can't divide the country & we can't stay together peacefully ''what a nation'' for now my problems are 1 < rotimi amaechi should be stoned to death 2< Akwa ibom governor Udom should give us an international market ...''invest in Akwa ibom ''

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Launches Fresh Attack On Geidam, Yobe Governor’s Home Town by ifdaeg(m): 12:14am On Oct 08, 2015
dirtymoney:
The day I'd start believing that we are winning the war against boko haram would be the day we start apprehending their sponsors...
If only they know the amount of miscreants that can be brained washed in one sitting... They'd divert their focus to the sponsors.
We are just killing the chicks.. While the hens are busy laying more eggs.
gbam

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Launches Fresh Attack On Geidam, Yobe Governor’s Home Town by mightycrown1(m): 12:46am On Oct 08, 2015
thank God nobody was killed in this one. i know some will not be happy for this, because their expectation is to hear so so so number died while so so so are badly injured so that they begin to vomit rubbish online.
God please save us
Re: Boko Haram Launches Fresh Attack On Geidam, Yobe Governor’s Home Town by nikkiking(m): 1:04am On Oct 08, 2015
Police with there baseless statement undecided.

People should go about their normal business, while boko haram are on rampant destroying both lives and properties.

I pity this country for voting vultures as a president lipsrsealed undecided

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Launches Fresh Attack On Geidam, Yobe Governor’s Home Town by IGBOSON1: 2:52am On Oct 08, 2015
damton:
This is not the Nigeria our forefathers craved for.

^^^This is exactly the Nigeria our forefathers actions craved for!

I can give Sadauna a pass because he made no pretense of his dislike for Nigeria (and Igbos especially)! But Zik and Awo?......The Nigeria of today is partly a result of their inaction and utopian dreams!

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Launches Fresh Attack On Geidam, Yobe Governor’s Home Town by montezz(f): 3:20am On Oct 08, 2015
anytexy:
This clueless Jonathan should resign fast.
sir,i know you jux returned from venus. so many things happened while you were away. buhari is now the president of nigeria and year 2015 is almost packing up. m telling u dis so u won't appear stupid next time u address the public. thank u sir!

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Launches Fresh Attack On Geidam, Yobe Governor’s Home Town by haxxy4real(m): 4:07am On Oct 08, 2015
I am currently inside Geidam town, since 5:30The town was attacked, they are freely moving chanting Allahu Akbar, shooting heavy guns, we are all in door, my greatest dismay is , no response from our military or any other security up to 4:06am.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Launches Fresh Attack On Geidam, Yobe Governor’s Home Town by AlPeter: 4:17am On Oct 08, 2015
JANK23H:
If only this war had not been politicized by APC. If only the northern elites and imams hadn't told their gullible people that GEJ was BH sponsor, by now lives would have been saved and the war won.

If only.....

if only GEJ had been awake to his responsibility instead of blaming others,
;If only Ebele had balls and had taken the bull by the horn
if only gullible folks praise singers like you had spoken out against him, Boko Haram wouldn't have grown beyond 2011
Re: Boko Haram Launches Fresh Attack On Geidam, Yobe Governor’s Home Town by TonyeBarcanista(m): 4:19am On Oct 08, 2015
CFCfan:

"We are on top of the situation, and will investigate the remote and immediate cause of this act. The perpetrators will be brought to book, no matter how highly placed".
It's like they give dem templates at Police College

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Launches Fresh Attack On Geidam, Yobe Governor’s Home Town by TonyeBarcanista(m): 4:21am On Oct 08, 2015
haxxy4real:
I am currently inside Geidam town, since 5:30The town was attacked, they are freely moving chanting Allahu Akbar, shooting heavy guns, we are all in door, my greatest dismay is , no response from our military or any other security up to 4:06am.
May Almighty Allah(God) protect you guys!

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Launches Fresh Attack On Geidam, Yobe Governor’s Home Town by opribo(m): 4:29am On Oct 08, 2015
Oh Lord see what our beloved country has become.
Re: Boko Haram Launches Fresh Attack On Geidam, Yobe Governor’s Home Town by ShowYourCertificate: 4:35am On Oct 08, 2015
AlPeter:

if only GEJ had been awake to his responsibility instead of blaming others,
;If only Ebele had balls and had taken the bull by the horn
if only gullible folks praise singers like you had spoken out against him, Boko Haram wouldn't have grown beyond 2011
But you guys spoke against him and succeeded in ousting him. I wonder why Boko Haram still grew beyond 2011.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Launches Fresh Attack On Geidam, Yobe Governor’s Home Town by ShowYourCertificate: 4:38am On Oct 08, 2015
haxxy4real:
May God protect you. Just remain indoors and off all your lights.
Re: Boko Haram Launches Fresh Attack On Geidam, Yobe Governor’s Home Town by engineerboat(m): 4:45am On Oct 08, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Police and their lines...
This situation is getting out of hand for this change government,
if they had not turn Boko issue to campaing ptopaganda, maybe and maybe things will not have get to this level, they use every Boko attack and move againt the past admin, but now the monster they were praising then is requesting sacrifice from them

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Launches Fresh Attack On Geidam, Yobe Governor’s Home Town by TonyeBarcanista(m): 4:53am On Oct 08, 2015
engineerboat:

This situation is getting out of hand for this change government,
if they had not turn Boko issue to campaing ptopaganda, maybe and maybe things will not have get to this level, they use every Boko attack and move againt the past admin, but now the monster they were praising then is requesting sacrifice from them
Very sad but what can we do?
Re: Boko Haram Launches Fresh Attack On Geidam, Yobe Governor’s Home Town by clefstone(m): 5:05am On Oct 08, 2015
JANK23H:
If only this war had not been politicized by APC. If only the northern elites and imams hadn't told their gullible people that GEJ was BH sponsor, by now lives would have been saved and the war won.

If only.....
u get brain my broda

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Launches Fresh Attack On Geidam, Yobe Governor’s Home Town by b0rn2fuck(m): 5:06am On Oct 08, 2015
This has become war, its either the boko haram starting hiring civilians or civilians start hiring soldiers but the boko haram has kill more than 10,000 civilians(government) while solidiers have killed 2000 boko boys (anti-government).

To me boko haram are winning the war, we should not be smiling and suffering anyway, mobuch kukuma don tell me to go join soldier in bonny camp. I have no choice anyway, can't wait until boko haram plant bomb inside the only cross service night I dey manage for redeem church.

Let us unite, join the soldiers and go to and destroy the entire maiduguri and its people, I think everyone inside that state are boko haram. No mercy. No pampering, no pity anymore

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Launches Fresh Attack On Geidam, Yobe Governor’s Home Town by ifyalways(f): 5:19am On Oct 08, 2015
ERAKAMUS:
When will you face Reality #DUDE.
Lol.

I'm amazed myself. I guess they are consoling themselves by living in denial. We'll see how far they will go with that.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Launches Fresh Attack On Geidam, Yobe Governor’s Home Town by Nobody: 5:54am On Oct 08, 2015
JANK23H:

If only.....
exactly..if only the northern leaders joined hands with the government to stop this madness...they had pity for these blood suckers because they are all muslims...how we share the same space with such persons baffles me till this moment...where the hell is el rufai the talkative.... angry

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Launches Fresh Attack On Geidam, Yobe Governor’s Home Town by hinwazaka: 6:11am On Oct 08, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

May Almighty Allah(God) protect you guys!
I seriously doubt the claim by the aforementioned individual. According to ChannelsTV, news track, the situation has been brought under control. The Nigerian army successfully repeled the attacks and the insurgents fled. Geidam is still under the control of the Nigerian government. And besides, his post smarks of irregularities.
Re: Boko Haram Launches Fresh Attack On Geidam, Yobe Governor’s Home Town by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:14am On Oct 08, 2015
hinwazaka:

I seriously doubt the claim by the aforementioned individual. According to ChannelsTV, news track, the situation has been brought under control. The Nigerian army successfully repeled the attacks and the insurgents fled. Geidam is still under the control of the Nigerian government. And besides, his post smarks of irregularities.
The Nigeria Army is more of propaganda army. Though the poster may be faking things
Re: Boko Haram Launches Fresh Attack On Geidam, Yobe Governor’s Home Town by persius555(m): 6:17am On Oct 08, 2015
The security agencies should just come out and tell us they have no clues on the big fish who are financing these terrorists. Until we start apprehending the sponsors home or abroad, this constant BH harassment will continue.

I refuse to believe that the hungry looking traders caught every now and then are solely financially responsible for BH. Behind every terror organisation is a wealthy nation or individuals. Quote me anywhere.
Re: Boko Haram Launches Fresh Attack On Geidam, Yobe Governor’s Home Town by Nobody: 6:19am On Oct 08, 2015
alaoeri:
BH is a guerrilla warfare more difficult than the conventional warfare nevertheless NA will conquer them very soon.
even if Na baboon warfare, they should end it simple!
Re: Boko Haram Launches Fresh Attack On Geidam, Yobe Governor’s Home Town by ShowYourCertificate: 6:19am On Oct 08, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
The Nigeria Army is more of propaganda army. Though the poster may be faking things
Why would he fake. He has always been a nairaland member since 2010!
Re: Boko Haram Launches Fresh Attack On Geidam, Yobe Governor’s Home Town by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:22am On Oct 08, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
Why would he fake. He has always been a nairaland member since 2010!
That's why I used the word 'may'
Re: Boko Haram Launches Fresh Attack On Geidam, Yobe Governor’s Home Town by hinwazaka: 6:23am On Oct 08, 2015
In all honesty, neither GEJ or PMB is to blame. If, anything, we are all to blame. The BOKO HARAM sect fooled everyone. This guys are smart, perhaps, even smarter than us. They know the Nigerian way of reasoning. During the GEJ years, they made sure they looked anti-GEJ and pro-PMB, up to the point that BUHARI, even secretly believed they were fighting for his cause. Immediately, PMB was sworn in, they reversed their stand and started passing the message that they are anti-PMB. Everything they have done in the last one month as been directed at attacking the President, even going as far as attacking a housing estate named after the President. The government is utterly confused, and don't know what to do. Because, by Buhari's postulations, the sect would have either gone into oblivion or surrended by now. The danger is that on March 28, we gave the sect the belief that they can change our government, by their actions. The government was PDP, and now APC and later will become PDP again, but BOKO HARAM will remain the same, but unfortunately for us, only they, are aware of this FACT.

4 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Launches Fresh Attack On Geidam, Yobe Governor’s Home Town by Dokitadotun: 6:35am On Oct 08, 2015
Geidam, used to be a very peaceful town back in my NYSC days. It is well o.
Re: Boko Haram Launches Fresh Attack On Geidam, Yobe Governor’s Home Town by teegbaj101(m): 7:11am On Oct 08, 2015
;
passionate88:
Just today more than 35 Nigerians died (officially). I knew he couldn't stop this menace with the time frame he and his party sold to gullible Nigerians but the rate at which boko haram now bomb Nigerians is alarming. It wasn't this bad under Jonathan. God forbid
sharraap there n gerroutta here, no b d same naija we dey under jona. Wey boko haram dey hoist there flag take over a whole 7 local govt . U pple are just point blind because dem defeat una bro no mean say make una come dey vex 4 baba joo grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari To PDP, EU: El-rufai Spoke In National Interest / Fani-kayode Traces Origin Of Nigerian Insecurity To 1966 Massacre / Fighting Corruption Not An Economic Policy; Peter Obi To Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.