Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,884 members, 7,949,079 topics. Date: Saturday, 14 September 2024 at 05:48 PM

See How Lagosians Struggle To Get To Their Destinations After Heavy Rainfall - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See How Lagosians Struggle To Get To Their Destinations After Heavy Rainfall (37280 Views)

Enugu Flooded After Heavy Rainfall (Photos) / Idi-Iroko Bridge That Links Osun And Oyo Collapses After Heavy Rainfall (pics) / Lekki Flooded After A Heavy Rainfall In Lagos State Today (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See How Lagosians Struggle To Get To Their Destinations After Heavy Rainfall by demandtruth: 4:08pm On Oct 10, 2015
Dhugal:

Stop being smart by half,don't compare apples and oranges.
South Carolina had the largest amount of water,in a thousand years,dumped on it in three days,brought on by Hurricane Joaquine.
That caused the Ashley n Cooper rivers to overflow their banks too.
Tell me what river or stream in Ikeja n other areas,far from the shores of the Atlantic,that overflowed its banks?.
And rains we've had so far had not been record rains.

Dude, the hurricane did not made a land fall.

Though, is partly responsible for the unusual rain fall.
Whether the river over flow it's banks is not the koko here.

There are times when heavy rainfall causes lots of flood in respective of
river or hurricane in USA and many other western world.

Nature can't be tamed.

A river close by, would have caused more damage, just as it often
occurs in Lekki.
Re: See How Lagosians Struggle To Get To Their Destinations After Heavy Rainfall by Lucasbalo(m): 4:16pm On Oct 10, 2015
demandtruth:

That was not Hurricane.

It was heavy rainfall. The hurricane did not hit ground as at that time
It was not as if the hurricane made any land fall.
It was the rain that came because of the Hurricane Qajkim that went through South Carolina. It was true that the Hurricane didn't land but you will be surprised with the effect even passing through your area. I witnessed Hurricane Andree about 20 years ago in Miami and I never pray for such again. It has a very destructive effects on anything on it path. Imagine something like that in our Nigeria . That's what I'm getting at.
Re: See How Lagosians Struggle To Get To Their Destinations After Heavy Rainfall by demandtruth: 4:47pm On Oct 10, 2015
Lucasbalo:
It was the rain that came because of the Hurricane Qajkim that went through South Carolina. It was true that the Hurricane didn't land but you will be surprised with the effect even passing through your area. I witnessed Hurricane Andree about 20 years ago in Miami and I never pray for such again. It has a very destructive effects on anything on it path. Imagine something like that in our Nigeria . That's what I'm getting at.

Yes, you are very right about the effects; terrible!

One of the reason i prefer to reside in Canada ever since.
I wonder why it happens so often in USA and not Canada despite the
proximity.

May God never allow such happen in Nigeria with all those haphazardly built
houses. God, please, don't allow such in Nigeria.
Re: See How Lagosians Struggle To Get To Their Destinations After Heavy Rainfall by Lucasbalo(m): 4:54pm On Oct 10, 2015
demandtruth:

Yes, you are very right about the effects; terrible!

One of the reason i prefer to reside in Canada ever since.
I wonder why it happens so often in USA and not Canada despite the
proximity.

May God never allow such happen in Nigeria with all those haphazardly built
houses. God, please, don't allow such in Nigeria.
Funny enough you mentioned Canada. I don't have an answer to that but I think it's the way the cookie crumbles. Most of the Hurricane that hit US and the Caribbean form from the warm water of the Atlantic Ocean off the coast of West Africa.
Re: See How Lagosians Struggle To Get To Their Destinations After Heavy Rainfall by demandtruth: 5:07pm On Oct 10, 2015
Lucasbalo:
Funny enough you mentioned Canada. I don't have an answer to that but I think it's the way the cookie crumbles. Most of the Hurricane that hit US and the Caribbean form from the warm water of the Atlantic Ocean off the coast of West Africa.

You know, God's way is not man's way.

From the coast of West Africa, down to the Atlantic warm water
and activated on Americas.

Well, my prayer is may we never be caught in it's web; especially
our people back home in Nija
Re: See How Lagosians Struggle To Get To Their Destinations After Heavy Rainfall by Lucasbalo(m): 5:13pm On Oct 10, 2015
demandtruth:

You know, God's way is not man's way.

From the coast of West Africa, down to the Atlantic warm water
and activated on Americas.

Well, my prayer is may we never be caught in it's web; especially
our people back home in Nija
Amen to that because it will be like biblical pogrom on West Africa.
Re: See How Lagosians Struggle To Get To Their Destinations After Heavy Rainfall by Nobody: 7:37am On Oct 12, 2015
kemlily:
Wahala dey oooo

Ambode common dey kiakia ooo

This is worse than Rivers state. shocked
Re: See How Lagosians Struggle To Get To Their Destinations After Heavy Rainfall by Nobody: 7:51am On Oct 12, 2015
EreluY:

WHAT ORGANISED REFUSE COLLECTION AND DUMPING ARRANGEMENT HAS THE GOVERNMENT PUT IN PLACE? I PUT THE BLAME ON FRAUDSTERS IN THE GOVERNMENT.
Ever heard of LAWMA? If not you might wanna look it up. Nigerians must blame Government for every thing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pictures From APC Presidential Campaign Rally In Abuja / EFCC Explains Why Olufemi Olukayode Adeyemi F.Shaw Left / Nnamdi Kanu’s Surety, Abaribe Sets To Claim N100M Forfeited Bail Fund From FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.