Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,696 members, 7,889,216 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 05:23 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (1181) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4938655 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1178) (1179) (1180) (1181) (1182) (1183) (1184) ... (5737) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ifyeez: 9:24pm On Dec 10, 2018
pope191:
I'll b right back, got a pick up to attend too
The problem with this kind of pickup location is that, they are going to the next street grin grin grin

9 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 9:38pm On Dec 10, 2018
pooozeee:

You are looking for people's trouble abi? It is better you give ur vehicle to a family member rather than you giving it to any one on the street.
[b]I will advise you to reduce your weekly remittance to 30k
, drivers might not be consistent with that 35k and that is wen trouble will start
[/b]

Bro just quit this uber thing of yours..
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mistadayo(m): 9:45pm On Dec 10, 2018
Uber did some adjustments on my fare last week and they said it would be in my next payment. I didn't see it today o. Or where can I view it?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Carshopper(m): 9:51pm On Dec 10, 2018
mistadayo:
Uber did some adjustments on my fare last week and they said it would be in my next payment. I didn't see it today o. Or where can I view it?

In your next payment grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 10:50pm On Dec 10, 2018
mistadayo:
You will see it on your payment details. It was added immediately it was reviewed.
Check the date and time you got the reply to confirm the exact time on your payment details.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by xana101: 11:30pm On Dec 10, 2018
How do I rate a rider one star or less than 5 star on Taxify
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 11:36pm On Dec 10, 2018
ifyeez:
The problem with this kind of pickup location is that, they are going to the next street grin grin grin

I'll just give her the car key and home address, when she's done, let her return the car
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by medd422: 12:54am On Dec 11, 2018
People who have no hold over their process of thinking are likely to be ruined by liberty of thought. If thought is immature, liberty of thought becomes a method of converting men into animals.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by cooldood(m): 6:31am On Dec 11, 2018
Experienced Uber/Taxify driver that resides around lekki axis and can meet up with weekly payment of 30k needed for a Toyota camry 2005.

Drop your WhatsApp number let’s chat.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Maskedtitan: 7:20am On Dec 11, 2018
dru23:

Just post your G-wagon boy... let the world.. Make sure we have proof that it is yours..if you can proof that your own not owned a G wagon.. I will not comment on nairaland ever again...
Either he owned or owns a G wagon, at least he done use G wagon. Which one you use? Anofia. immature pikin. Na only to dey brag about Uber cars you sabi. Better come home, come hustle like a man.

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 7:34am On Dec 11, 2018
styveke:
Talking about riders with bad attitude...

Some weeks back, I picked a rider from ICM going to Dolphin Estate. I was listening and humming to one of my best tracks of Lucky Dube when the guy broke the silence with, "Do you know Morgan Freeman?"

Me: Yes I do
Rider: I saw a picture of him with earrings

I was like, so?

"Why should he?" Was his response...
Me: He's a movie star and its allowed for him to look the way he likes, what if they ain't earrings but just studs for the photoshoot?
Rider: Why?
I just ignored the question and faced my front...
After about 5mins,
Rider: What song are you listening to?
Me: Lucky Dube
Rider: Who is he?
Me: You don't know Lucky Dube?
Rider: I don't know him.
Me: Well, I can't help U here.
Rider: Tell me about him
Me: Sorry not today.
Rider: This is what I hate about Nigerians, you can't engage them in a simple conversation without them being and acting stupid. Damn.
Me: Nigerians?
Rider: Yes!
Rider: It's rude and I can report you for not responding to my conversation.
Me: (already pissed but try hard to suppress it) Guy, I decide which question(s) deserves a response.
So for you info, I don't respond to stupid conversations...
Rider: You are a fool!
We were getting close to his destination, so I just ignored him till we got there, I ended the trip and he said he wants to transfer, and I said ohk but you have to sit here till I get my alert o...he said OK.

While we were waiting for alert, I turned to him and said...I am sorry for you...look at U, bitterness written all over your miserable face...so please, get your miserable self out of my car and go drown in your misery somewhere else.
Rider: Idiot! What if I don't?
Me: I'll take you to the nearest police station and I'll make sure you pay me for time wasted.
He just hissed and got out reluctantly...
I reported him and gave him 1star.
I'm still waiting for taxify to call me and tell me rubbish...maybe nah dis one I go take leave their yeye platform.
Nndi Ara!

Just take it easy bro. Either you were having a bad day before rider came along or you need better people-management skills.

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Ozonelayer123: 8:16am On Dec 11, 2018
I am a driver looking for Toyota Corolla or Hyundai car (no Camry of any type please) from 2005 up. Ready to deliver 35k a week. My number is 08025590554. I live at ikorodu but have a parking lodge for the car (my formal area) at surulere . I am Married and a graduate too.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Donte101: 8:24am On Dec 11, 2018
BillGoldberg:
To prospective drivers who are new in this business... Hear me out... Especially if you are driving for someone. I have driven for 2 people before. One ended well only that owner was bankrupt and sold off car. The other client refused to service the car and I simply went and parked car jejely. These are some things I have learnt so far in this venture...

*Mind What you sign up for before carrying a car. Many cars being given to drivers are dead cars waiting for mortuary. I kid you not.

*With the unbearable traffic jam in Lagos now and taxify slashing prices, the least you can do now is between 25-28k... With the grace of God oo. Because should LASTMA or Police catch you defaulting while hustling, your whole week money is gone! I kid you not.
Car owner does not send you!

*With many drivers now on both platforms, the future of Uber and taxify in Nigeria is almost good as dead. Many graduates are now drivers. Failed businessmen are also turning to Uber. Problematic business issues have also turned so many people into drivers. Yours sincerely fall into this category. What this implies is that supply somehow outweighs demands. So drivers, use your sense and mind what you sign up for!

*On no account should you carry out any repairs whatsoever be it 1,000 on the car. Inasmuch as you give owner between 28-30 k weekly and you are consistent. All repairs are to be carried out by car owner! But make sure you are consistent with the money you remit per week!
Because from there, your tool of hustle will be maintained.

*Remember that your daily target should be at least 15k! Anything less than this is deceivin yourself. Let me break it down for you. 5k to car owner, 5k for fuel, 3k to settle both Uber and taxify commissions and then 1k for you! You see how stupid this business is? Because whether you like it or not, you must settle Uber and taxify and you must buy up to 5k Fuel! Have you seen Lagos traffic of late? I see when some drivers make 13k daily and are happy. Hahahahahahaha... Folly at its peak! Are you aware that within that 13k is your 5k fuel for next day? 5k for car owner that day? And almost 2k for 15% commission Settlement for the platforms you are driving on? And you have to eat for the day and pay other bills? Do you still think its a profitable venture?

*From my experience driving for someone of late... I discovered after 3 weeks that am just driving and making money for the car owner with nothing for myself! Because the terms and conditions of this business have changed drastically! Had to drop car.. So, look for a reasonable and sensible partner that understands a 50-50 situation for both driver and partner so that everybody is happy. Gospel truth.

*Many car rentals give out malfunctioning cars or bad cars to prospective drivers. More often than not, the driver before you is a very bad one and has damaged the car almost. Before you pick up a new car being given to you by either a partner or a fleet, do your due diligence and inspect that car well! Make sure that everything is 98% in order. Demand that fuel be given to you. At least half tank. All these is to make sure that you start running! If they expect 100% from you, why can't the tool given to you be in a 100%? Take this fact to the bank of you ever want to be succesful in this.

*Do not be deceived of how drivers are making millions. Its all wash. No driver is making that currently. Maybe before... But now? Lies lies lies! This stuff is not a business venture. I see it as something you use and hold body and soul together till you regain your feet or something better comes your way...

I will be contributing more of my experiences as time goes on.

End of discussion

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ojbanja: 8:29am On Dec 11, 2018
Ozonelayer123:
I am a driver looking for Toyota Corolla or Hyundai car (no Camry of any type please) from 2005 up. Ready to deliver 35k a week. My number is 08025590554. I live at ikorodu but have a parking lodge for the car (my formal area) at surulere . I am Married and a graduate too.

You got responsibility. Try if you can get a weekly delivery of 30k. With this,you will still have little left to cater for your family and to justify your sleeping out at least 4 days a week. Because, you can't obviously be going back to Ikorodu on daily basis and still meet up. Best wishes.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Carshopper(m): 8:30am On Dec 11, 2018
Ozonelayer123:

hmmm.. oya hit me
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Ozonelayer123: 8:31am On Dec 11, 2018
I am a driver looking for Toyota Corolla or Hyundai car (no Camry of any type please) from 2005 up. Ready to deliver 35k a week. My number is 08025590554. I live at ikorodu but have a parking lodge for the car (my formal area) at surulere . I am Married and a graduate too.[color=#000099][/color]
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Ozonelayer123: 8:33am On Dec 11, 2018
I don't go back very day. I do it after three days

You got responsibility. Try if you can get a weekly delivery of 30k. With this,you will still have little left to cater for your family and to justify your sleeping out at least 4 days a week. Because, you can't obviously be going back to Ikorodu on daily basis and still meet up. Best wishes.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by xana101: 10:08am On Dec 11, 2018
I did a price review on Taxify. Its a cash trip. The rider paid N1,500 which was displayed. Two days later, Taxify review the price and increase it to N2,900. How do I get the balance? Would Taxify credit me with the difference? Please I need an explanation. Thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mabeni(m): 10:35am On Dec 11, 2018
Hello! How much is Toyota Corolla 2003 - 4 driver side brake light? It's urgent pls
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 10:40am On Dec 11, 2018
Yesterday was somehow for me.
Picked this Indian man from his house to igboefon area and the person he was going to see paid, it was actually a card trip. So he said I should wait for him to take him back, I waited for them to finish the short meeting. So they ask me if they can request me again I told them to give me the same amount, so the host paid. This guy took me round the whole town and I didn't complain because he was promising me heaven and earth. For my mind I don get better customer, he started telling me many funny things. Like how he goes to spar and they shave every shavables on his body. That they even shave his blokos, next he ask me if I have a girlfriend I said no. He asked me I manage to survive I said as long as I am making money I don't car about women. He said he thought I do boys, I told him I can't try it. I asked him I will leave all the fresh and juicy babes we have everywhere and be doing guys because I already know why he was asking me these questions. He started looking at my body and he said I am tall and have flat tummy that I must be big down there. I said I am not big,
grin
next he asked like what's my size I said well it's average. He said I should give him example with my hand that he wants to know the size at this point I ignored him. We got to his house he showed me his car and house help and told me to visit anytime that I am free.
Chaii, nothing I no go see
grin

11 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 10:47am On Dec 11, 2018
This other rider a woman, her fare was 545. Because she had discount she gave me #500 I told her her money isn't complete. She told me she doesn't have 45 unless I have change, oya madam bring the 1000.
She thought I won't have change, I have even 5 naira because of Wahala uber riders like her. I gave her the balance she throw the #65 at me and left. I picked my money next my rating nosedived.
grin
Which kyn wahala be this.

18 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by styveke(m): 10:48am On Dec 11, 2018
Gentlelife50:
Picked this Indian man from his house to igboefon area and the person he was going to see paid, it was actually a card trip. So he said I should wait for him to take him back, I waited for them to finish the short meeting. So they ask me if they can request me again I told them to give me the same amount, so the host paid. This guy took me round the whole town and I didn't complain because he was promising me heaven and earth. For my mind I don get better customer, he started telling me many funny things. Like how he goes to spar and they shave every shavables on his body. That they even shave his blokos, next he ask me if I have a girlfriend I said no. He asked me I manage to survive I said as long as I am making money I don't car about women. He said he thought I do boys, I told him I can't try it. I asked him I will leave all the fresh and juicy babes we have everywhere and be doing guys because I already know why he was asking me these questions. He started looking at my body and he said I am tall and have flat tummy that I must be big down there. I said I am not big,
grin
next he asked like what's my size I said well it's average. He said I should give him example with my hand that he wants to know the size at this point I ignored him. We got to his house he showed me his car and house help and told me to visit anytime that I am free.
grin

Lol!

Call it fringe benefits...
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Powerexpert: 11:06am On Dec 11, 2018
Please I need a sample of the rental agreement.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 1johnjohn(m): 11:06am On Dec 11, 2018
Gentlelife50:
grin
grin

Loool

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by styveke(m): 11:11am On Dec 11, 2018
GidiWoodsMan:

Just take it easy bro. Either you were having a bad day before rider came along or you need better people-management skills.

There's a 75% chance that U'll know if the trip is gonna end well or not by your conversation with the rider b4 pickup.

I wasn't having a bad day bro.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Maskedtitan: 11:36am On Dec 11, 2018
Gentlelife50:
grin
grin

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 11:49am On Dec 11, 2018
Maskedtitan:

Either he owned or owns a G wagon, at least he done use G wagon. Which one you use? Anofia. immature pikin. Na only to dey brag about Uber cars you sabi. Better come home, come hustle like a man.

My brother am done with that topic.... At the end nay play I dey play o .. If you take my yapping too seriously ,you take it at your own risk ... me personally I dey have fun here .. Some of you guys take things too seriously.. If you know, you know o

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by slamstanlee(m): 12:02pm On Dec 11, 2018
Last night i after a 10km ride, expecting up to 1000 as trip fare, i ended trip and saw 5626 Was surprised but rider was calm.
Me: ma do u have an outstanding debt?
Rider: yes
Me : are you ready to pay all now?
Rider; yes but i don't have N26.

This carry over debt cant happen on taxify.
They are so wack.

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by adeniyiHansome(m): 12:02pm On Dec 11, 2018
Gentlelife50:
This other rider a woman, her fare was 545. Because she had discount she gave me #500 I told her her money isn't complete. She told me she doesn't have 45 unless I have change, oya madam bring the 1000.
She thought I won't have change, I have even 5 naira because of Wahala uber riders like her. I gave her the balance she throw the #65 at me and left. I picked my money next my rating nosedived.
grin
Which kyn wahala be this.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:16pm On Dec 11, 2018
This place nah real comic relief grin

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by styveke(m): 12:29pm On Dec 11, 2018
GAZZUZZ:
This place nah real comic relief grin

At least it's better than the war of words...

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by emmancecute(m): 12:31pm On Dec 11, 2018
I noticed an increase in my uber fares recently but the last trip I did really got to me. I picked rider around adekunle, yaba to oba akran, ikeja. I ended trip and saw #2450 without traffic or stop. Rider paid but me I know fare shouldn't be more than #1500 so I wrote to uber before I pick uncle Gazzuzz. Below is their response, uber for president!

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1178) (1179) (1180) (1181) (1182) (1183) (1184) ... (5737) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: sandammy(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.