Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,943 members, 7,949,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 14 September 2024 at 11:29 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (1216) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (5084638 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1213) (1214) (1215) (1216) (1217) (1218) (1219) ... (5791) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by NGMontana(m): 3:06pm On Jan 02, 2019
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 3ace(m): 3:07pm On Jan 02, 2019
deedee44:

I carried 2 reverend sisters on taxify 2.1x, fare was 5100, sisters said they used to pay around N2000 and I told them this is not normal fare, it's a surge trip, they can call the person who requested for them for confirmation because taxify would have shown him estimate. They paid me my money and I left. Later in the day a man called me, I guess he's reverend father, he started threatening to report me, I even assisted him on how he can successfully report, I said it wasn't me, it was a surge trip, he said why would I put surge? I didn't want to laugh even though holding back was giving me headache. Next thing the man started cursing, I told him only if it was a fraud will his curse locate me. Maybe taxify has explained better to him cuz I never hear from them, over 2 weeks now
Say no more; I understand the feeling.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pooozeee(m): 3:09pm On Jan 02, 2019
deedee44:

I carried 2 reverend sisters on taxify 2.1x, fare was 5100, sisters said they used to pay around N2000 and I told them this is not normal fare, it's a surge trip, they can call the person who requested for them for confirmation because taxify would have shown him estimate. They paid me my money and I left. Later in the day a man called me, I guess he's reverend father, he started threatening to report me, I even assisted him on how he can successfully report, I said it wasn't me, it was a surge trip, he said why would I put surge? I didn't want to laugh even though holding back was giving me headache. Next thing the man started cursing, I told him only if it was a fraud will his curse locate me. Maybe taxify has explained better to him cuz I never hear from them, over 2 weeks now

I just laff out loud.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 3ace(m): 3:13pm On Jan 02, 2019
chucsmoore:
ok. at work at d moment. My less busy time nah 10pm-5am
Okay boss. You may drop your number so that I can remind you when it's time.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jan 02, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

There is no honour among civics

Accord leg pull, Civic no Honour, No wonder TheBigKendo want to port Volvo.

Now that Dru has bought a Volvo, can they both cope with themselves being on the same team.

Wait sef, they are currently on the same side, Dru uses Honda Civic and TheBigKendo uses Honda Accord.

Now they want to start using Volvo brand together. grin cheesy grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 3:22pm On Jan 02, 2019
TheCar:

Now that Dru has bought a Volvo, can they both cope with themselves being on the same team.

Wait sef, they are currently on the same side, Dru uses Honda Civic and TheBigKendo uses Honda Accord.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 3:23pm On Jan 02, 2019
TheCar:

Omo forget o ..civic 03 to 05 my brother its the bomb o .. The 03 civic on my fleet is still going strong.. Those civics are very rugged till the end . Bullet proof engine.. Just the resale value am worried about.. The civic 05 with the spoiler is one of my best .. Once you can maintain them with rite oil coolant and just basic maintenance.. With the bullet proof engine. It than last you longer...

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Carshopper(m): 3:31pm On Jan 02, 2019
Kia rio x4 available for sale grin

1.5m ...all toks..

holla if interested
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CityNGR: 3:43pm On Jan 02, 2019
dru23:

Omo forget o ..civic 03 to 05 my brother its the bomb o .. The 03 civic on my fleet is still going strong.. Those civics are very rugged till the end . Bullet proof engine.. Just the resale value am worried about.. The civic 05 with the spoiler is one of my best .. Once you can maintain them with rite oil coolant and just basic maintenance.. With the bullet proof engine. It than last you longer...
I want to use a Mercedes Benz diesel E320 for uber. Manual transmission
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by iyaegin: 3:45pm On Jan 02, 2019
Fostercat:
Carried some female riders last night only for me to see blood stains on my seat this morning. Which kind wahala be this?? Was it because the trip was a 3x surge .?

Nothing wey person no dey see for this work.

Blood of........

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ebiye55(m): 4:18pm On Jan 02, 2019
Fostercat:
Carried some female riders last night only for me to see blood stains on my seat this morning. Which kind wahala be this?? Was it because the trip was a 3x surge .?

Nothing wey person no dey see for this work.

Report it.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by darmilolah(m): 4:22pm On Jan 02, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

There is no honour among civics

The fact that you don't understand the car does not mean you should condemn it sir.

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by thebigkendo(m): 4:29pm On Jan 02, 2019
TheCar:

Oya The.BigKendo come and defend Honda honour here?

TheCar:

Accord leg pull, Civic no Honour, No wonder The.BigKendo want to port Volvo.

Wait sef, they are currently on the same side, Dru uses Honda Civic and The.BigKendo uses Honda Accord.

I will still take a civic over any equivalent generation of corolla grin grin

Infact 07 civic it was my first choice but I did not get a good one at the budget I had for it.. So I upped the budget & went for the bigger brother cool cool

Every car model ever manufactured has shown some customers pepper.. Even the most reliable cars still has lemons grin grin

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by HRtechnique: 5:26pm On Jan 02, 2019
Why does almost everyone hate Civic here?.
Are they that bad?.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 5:29pm On Jan 02, 2019
coalcoal1:

because of my job, it's difficult to work full time during the day except weekends. I try to put in about 6 hours everyday where I make between 5k and 8k. I work between 5am and 8am before going to work and 8pm - 11pm after closing from work. For a full day, especially weekends, I have been making 10k to 15k on the average. I decided to stretch the number of hours I put in on Sunday and got 28k. So far, the experience has been worth it.
Bro don't make me relocate to Ibadan o lol, if I can be making what I'm making in Lagos in Ibadan, what am I doing in this Lagos with high standard of living plus killer traffic. Was there surge in Ibadan too? Like someone earlier said, do it again in 2 weeks and kindly update us(me). Everyday I keep having this feeling that Lagos is not my state lol

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 5:34pm On Jan 02, 2019
dru23:

Which one be bullet proof engine again, I dey learn everyday o
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by styveke(m): 5:42pm On Jan 02, 2019
deedee44:

I carried a man and his son from Primewaters, the rest of his family rode in another car, they were heading to the international airport but wants to do a stop at Badore from there we proceed to the airport.
We got to Badore, the woman they came to see walked up to me and the driver of the other car and said with all seriousness that we should not add surge o. By the time they came out, she said it again sounding like a warning, I just nodded and rolled up my window.

12 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jan 02, 2019
EMIOMOADEOYE:

The best tip I have for you is dive in.

You dont have the burden of livelihood so learn on the go.
Best advice from a true veteran. He indeed, has that luxury
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 6:02pm On Jan 02, 2019
deedee44:

Civic engine are very rugged.. You literally have to go out of your way to abuse it .. Never had engine issue with my 03 civic, upon all the cheap oil and likely fake oil filter that was use by previous manager.. The car is still doing ok ,and mind you the car has no coolant.,just water ... if the car dies off today, I know that the car has made money back for me ... and this is a car with 200k miles plus.....
And any other civic I use henceforth, I will make sure I take better care of it ....
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 6:05pm On Jan 02, 2019
CityNGR:

Omo I don't know o .. I have never driven a diesel engine car before or manual car..
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by afroxyz: 6:08pm On Jan 02, 2019
styveke:

I carried a man and his son from Primewaters, the rest of his family rode in another car, they were heading to the international airport but wants to do a stop at Badore from there we proceed to the airport.
We got to Badore, the woman they came to see walked up to me and the driver of the other car and said with all seriousness that we should not add surge o. By the time they came out, she said it again sounding like a warning, I just nodded and rolled up my window.

illiterates. yet na them go claim say dem know pass

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by darmilolah(m): 6:36pm On Jan 02, 2019
HRtechnique:
Are they that bad?.

My brother, it's only Gazzuss that hate civic. Just get a good Honda mechanic and Rewire. You are good.

Gazzuss dislike civic because the hood is tight and no room to work.

Gazzuas said to loose Civic kick. You have to hang the car. I have worked on the kick twice. My Rewire never for once complain. Though it took some time to loose it because it's tight.

Can I call Gazzuss lazy mechanic? grin
HRtechnique:
Are they that bad?.

My brother, it's only Gazzuss that hate civic. Just get a good Honda mechanic and Rewire. You are good.

Gazzuss dislike civic because the hood is tight and no room to work.

Gazzuas said to loose Civic kick. You have to hang the car. I have worked on the kick twice. My Rewire never for once complain. Though it took some time to loose it because it's tight.

Can I call Gazzuss lazy mechanic?

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by darmilolah(m): 6:37pm On Jan 02, 2019
deedee44:
Civic engine and gear don't die easily. Quote me anywhere. I said it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pooozeee(m): 6:38pm On Jan 02, 2019
CityNGR:

Use kerosene instead
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chillex8(m): 7:27pm On Jan 02, 2019
From Corolla to Peugeot 407 to elantra to rio.
Is civic next

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by coalcoal1(m): 7:58pm On Jan 02, 2019
sunnp:
how many trip give you this

24 trips

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by coalcoal1(m): 8:06pm On Jan 02, 2019
deedee44:

Bro don't make me relocate to Ibadan o lol, if I can be making what I'm making in Lagos in Ibadan, what am I doing in this Lagos with high standard of living plus killer traffic. Was there surge in Ibadan too? Like someone earlier said, do it again in 2 weeks and kindly update us(me). Everyday I keep having this feeling that Lagos is not my state lol

there's no surge in Ibadan but you can do lots of multiple trips especially weekends.
meanwhile, what's the average amount one can make in a day in Lagos considering the following factors:
1. Hours of work
2. Number of Trips
thank you
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 1stNumeroUno: 8:17pm On Jan 02, 2019
TheCar:

If a driver works really hard to buy a car, that shows he his ambitious and have goals.

It happens to every human, we set ourself a goal and after achieving the goal, it only natural to cool down and relax.

For some they pick themselves up and start running again by setting another goal for themselves. Like buying a second car, so they inject some zeal and passion into the hustle.

The new goal gives them the motivation to wake up early and start hustling. Even lions don't hunt after eating, they rest for a week after eating before resuming for another hunt. Lion hunt at dusk and spend most of the day resting and sleeping.

Same thing happens to most people who have a car, since there is no pressure of meeting weekly rental, you feel relaxed.

Car maintenance also isn't moinmoin, something as car owners you spend a month earnings to repair your car.

Driver driving their own car on Uber with great discipline are trying. They deserve some accolades.

There is nothing wrong switching to work for another man, if you have another man work for you.

Many current car owners are currently working for another man while they use their car to earn some passive income.

I see nothing wrong in the decision and that doesn't make such decisions wrong or right.

Let learn to respect each other decision and choice. We are all running different race.

I love the last paragraph. It's the summary of living happily.

Its always good to appreciate other people's approach to same/similar circumstances.

Bless you Boss!
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by darmilolah(m): 8:27pm On Jan 02, 2019
chillex8:
From Corolla to Peugeot 407 to elantra to rio.
Is civic next

I am not trying to conVince anybody to get civic but it won't be nice to keep quiet because Oga Gazzus don't like Civic then leave him to condemn the car.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by frugal(m): 8:37pm On Jan 02, 2019
coalcoal1:

there's no surge in Ibadan but you can do lots of multiple trips especially weekends.
meanwhile, what's the average amount one can make in a day in Lagos considering the following factors:
1. Hours of work
2. Number of Trips
thank you
12hrs, 10-15k weekdays.
12hrs, 15-25k, weekends.
On weekdays you have to be willing to get up as early as you possibly can, say 5am and position right.
Weekends, you can sleep in a little and resume by 9-10am. You can try to do early mornings Saturday to pick up all the girls that went to do friday night shift grin
Kai! Naija grin

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Alvin007: 8:43pm On Jan 02, 2019
darmilolah:
Happy New Year my Uber family. Been awhile

Special Recognition to all my Ogas that have been holding it down here.

Ga Ga Ga Gazzuss
Lou aka Carshopper
Don aka Chillex
TheCar
Alstamayor
Dru (Man always in opposition)

And all other ogas that I didn't remember to mention

To all the lugards. More strength in 2019.

Meanwhile, I want to switch to rental in 2019. Who will give me Car to drive?

Only Corolla or Matrix Toks

I don't mind Sharp 2010-2013 Manual Corolla too. Winter is here.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sunnp(m): 9:35pm On Jan 02, 2019
Wow you try ooo

coalcoal1:

24 trips

(1) (2) (3) ... (1213) (1214) (1215) (1216) (1217) (1218) (1219) ... (5791) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Omoapena(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.