Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,195 members, 7,880,717 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 04:05 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2028) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4923869 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2025) (2026) (2027) (2028) (2029) (2030) (2031) ... (5733) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 9:58am On Oct 30, 2019
donfortune48:

They try ooh!

3 of my course mates are presently working in the bank. Union, fidelity, unity bank.
The highest is paid 45k. (contact staffs)

But if u ask them to resign and do uber or something else dey no go gree.
I've never worked in d bank but few guys I know in d bank dt are contract staffs still buy tokunbo car, and have a good life. So realize they have good deals in d bank dt give dem extra cash more than their salaries.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 10:07am On Oct 30, 2019
donfortune48:

We don't miss your contribution here ooh!
This your new job don make you forget us?

Thank you,
I still dey try follow d thread but the rate at which pages expand too fast, b4 I go comment another interesting topic don start.
How u dey cope with this bad road and rain for Lagos?
I dey always give guys 5star and respect dem even d rude n rough guys. But most drivers no know dis Nairaland forum.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 10:14am On Oct 30, 2019
kodred:

You then become a regular. Please do not try to encourage the ‘penny wise pound foolish’ emotions of a consumer. We are tired of mediocrity.

Instead, what you should do is look for ways to provide finance options for the demographics (your customers) You already have an idea how bad it is, so you get a repayment plan of some sort put in place.

Eherbal is one of those people (demographics) that came to you for finance option and you outrightly declined. Now think about how may eherbals we have in the country and how much you declining on a reg.

Now that's a new demographic I learnt about as a result of this thread.
Unfortunately Financing is not an option. Banks are better equipped for that kind of job and with good work histories should be available to people needing financing. Our core competencies is repairs and that's what we focus on. On the positive side, eherbal got a free repair from another party and that party may have better insight into financing in this environment.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Cooladex(m): 10:24am On Oct 30, 2019
pinbar:
Bolt/Uber driver Vacancy

The ideal person should reside on mainland , around fagba, abulegba , alagbado area

Toyota Corolla 2010 model
Manual Transmission
Weekly Rental : N30,000

Fear God! Manual 30k, inside this Lagos traffic?

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Cooladex(m): 10:27am On Oct 30, 2019
radautoworks:

That's just a way of keeping costs low. Same was suggested to me to hire a rotating crop on contract or I think it's called industrial attachment? Corpers basically because they come cheap. I thought that was exploitation.
all banks do it. They use them as tellers/cashiers/marketers and out them on a bogus target that they'll nva meet.
It's just that you have conscience.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Cooladex(m): 10:31am On Oct 30, 2019
donfortune48:

I hope your reply to the text Was... May it crash in Jesus Name?
I no even bother replying d mumu grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Cooladex(m): 10:35am On Oct 30, 2019
BAZ001:

But if u ask them to resign and do uber or something else dey no go gree.
I've never worked in d bank but few guys I know in d bank dt are contract staffs still buy tokunbo car, and have a good life. So realize they have good deals in d bank dt give dem extra cash more than their salaries.
Bankers? Deals? I laff. Except those ones on the counter that sometimes gets tips and those fund transfer/Western union guys that gets settled by Yahoo boys daily.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 10:41am On Oct 30, 2019
Cooladex:

Bankers? Deals? I laff. Except those ones on the counter that sometimes gets tips and those fund transfer/Western union guys that gets settled by Yahoo boys daily.

No bro... There are deals. Yes deals which could give you 6 figures at once if you are ready. I worked with First Bank for 3 years before now, yes deals dey!
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 10:49am On Oct 30, 2019
tojahh:

No bro... There are deals. Yes deals which could give you 6 figures at once if you are ready. I worked with First Bank for 3 years before now, yes deals dey!

As a contract staff and in what dept.... Teller/cashier?
The deals are most likely by the big boys deep in the system
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 11:03am On Oct 30, 2019
Chuwaa:

As a contract staff and in what dept.... Teller/cashier?
The deals are most likely by the big boys deep in the system

Yes as a contract marketer. DSA. Just know those that plays the ball in the bank they will guide you thru with your own risk mind. But let's no go into details sir.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 11:10am On Oct 30, 2019
BAZ001:

Thank you,
I still dey try follow d thread but the rate at which pages expand too fast, b4 I go comment another interesting topic don start.
How u dey cope with this bad road and rain for Lagos?
I dey always give guys 5star and respect dem even d rude n rough guys. But most drivers no know dis Nairaland forum.

The traffic is gradually giving me emotional and mental depression bro.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:21am On Oct 30, 2019
emmancecute:
Was at pelican hotel around past 12am, got a request at globus supermarket to take her within chevyview. I had wanted to link chevyview estate from the back but saw a gate that barricaded chevyview off pelican which means I'd have to go all the way to igboefon to do a u-turn then head back to Chevyview. Called rider that I can't make the trip due to so and so reasons.... the picture showed what I got but me I don't slack to give the f^ck back

I see nothing wrong in her statement, you signed up to Drive on the platform. Your response on the other hand undecided

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Cooladex(m): 11:21am On Oct 30, 2019
tojahh:

Ok
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by emmancecute(m): 11:29am On Oct 30, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

I see nothing wrong in her statement, you signed up to Drive on the platform. Your response on the other hand undecided
isn't that what she signed up for?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 11:32am On Oct 30, 2019
tojahh:

Lol, let's put the competition down boss, took some guts for some drivers to get behind the wheel... But all in all, if you have to cheat to get by, its no longer a job, but theft, same way saka is not encouraged. No b say we no know bail out, but we just choose to acquire conscience we can live with, tough! some don't know way.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 11:36am On Oct 30, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

You encode a message in other for the receiver to decode it, the moment dia is a distort, its no longer a message. soh manner of presentation at a particular point in time matters, be it via text or vocal.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:38am On Oct 30, 2019
pope191:

You encode a message in other for the receiver to decode it, the moment dia is a distort, its no longer a message. soh manner of presentation at a particular point in time matters, be it via text or vocal.

ok

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mrjaydee(m): 11:40am On Oct 30, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

Really? You don't see anything wrong in that statement?

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:45am On Oct 30, 2019
mrjaydee:

Really? You don't see anything wrong in that statement?

what are you? Respond objectively.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by calabardick(m): 11:50am On Oct 30, 2019
Cooladex:

This was how it went.

On ending her trip from ilupeju to yaba, fare showed 500, I told her it's an issue , that i 'll do review or she gives me estimate.
Did review and it showed 1,400
This stupid girl insisted she 'll pay 500, even when her reciept was showing 1,400, that it's her gain.
She still had d guts to insult and abuse me sef.

This is sad my brother.
her gain for where? I'm sure the so call CEOs are seeing this before they start calling driver names.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by calabardick(m): 11:55am On Oct 30, 2019
radautoworks:

That's all Skye pays? 65k Even my entry levels make more than that...

Nigerian banks enslaves their staffs, they earn peanuts, live on debt.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by calabardick(m): 11:58am On Oct 30, 2019
lin3r2:

Where dem talk reach wey warrant her to talk that kind talk @calabarxxxx @cooladex? In fact wetin make her talk like that?

My brother I tire for that kind rider.
She's frustrated.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lin3r2(m): 12:02pm On Oct 30, 2019
Guys even if anyone say him go pay u 30k to go to festac please politely decline. Traffic and ocean. I just pray my car doesn't develop a fault as we dey island so. cry cry

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Epphy(m): 12:19pm On Oct 30, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

what are you? Respond objectively.

You are right that we are all drivers. Even people that drive themselves & family (not into ehailing) are drivers. But she meant to insult the man. She could have also used other words to curse him.

Like Radautos mentioned, she might have been frustrated but she didn't have to pass the aggression to the man.

The lady could have simply pleaded with the driver to come over. A reasonable driver that shows empathy would have gone to any rider if spoken politely to (as long as road is not overflooded grin) . So I believe the driver could have gone if the lady explained her situation to him.

Normally, drivers believe a rider can easily get a ride if a driver cancels

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 12:22pm On Oct 30, 2019
Ikoyi dry today o ! 2 trips since morning ( changed position tire : Dolphin estate, Lugard, now Alfred Rewane).
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Epphy(m): 12:23pm On Oct 30, 2019
pope191:

I be customer da da... No leave, no transfer grin

You mean you stand with only Bolt?
It is always better to have both apps for good reasons.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 12:26pm On Oct 30, 2019
radautoworks:

She was rude, definitely but let's try to see the other side for a second. It's 12am (there are legitimate reason why she could have been out at that time before criticism starts), she needs a ride in a somewhat remote location, she thinks she has one then the carpet is yanked out from under her. It's possible he wasn't the first one she had gotten who had also cancelled, she's frustrated and he just got it. She may have just gotten in an argument with her man and was upset and just wanted to go home, etc..

Again, she was definitely out if line but it doesn't necessarily mean that was typical behavior for her. Before you respond, read below and think.

https://theoatmeal.com/comics/believe
I will not comment on this, I know it's not typical post from you grin smiley

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 12:30pm On Oct 30, 2019
Freshprince91:
Ikoyi dry today o ! 2 trips since morning ( changed position tire : Dolphin estate, Lugard, now Alfred Rewane).
Please mind how you park in ikoyi.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:36pm On Oct 30, 2019
Epphy:

You are right that we are all drivers. Even people that drive themselves & family (not into ehailing) are drivers. But she meant to insult the man. She could have also used other words to curse him.

Like Radautos mentioned, she might have been frustrated but she didn't have to pass the aggression to the man.

The lady could have simply pleaded with the driver to come over. A reasonable driver that shows empathy would have gone to any rider if spoken politely to (as long as road is not overflooded grin) . So I believe the driver could have gone if the lady explained her situation to him.

Normally, drivers believe a rider can easily get a ride if a driver cancels

fantastic. Now Question , was his response balanced / commensurate with her text message?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 12:42pm On Oct 30, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

He didn't sign up to be insulted

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 12:54pm On Oct 30, 2019
lin3r2:
Guys even if anyone say him go pay u 30k to go to festac please politely decline. Traffic and ocean. I just pray my car doesn't develop a fault as we dey island so. cry cry
30k? I'll do to and fro grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by okiyi: 12:55pm On Oct 30, 2019
brogxy:

Please mind how you park in ikoyi.

Why did u say that though? Did you have any funny experience lately?

(1) (2) (3) ... (2025) (2026) (2027) (2028) (2029) (2030) (2031) ... (5733) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.