Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,421 members, 7,964,743 topics. Date: Wednesday, 02 October 2024 at 07:23 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2244) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (5125745 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2241) (2242) (2243) (2244) (2245) (2246) (2247) ... (5811) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Kennyprince: 1:27pm On Dec 24, 2019
So I want to ask. For now which car remains the best for Uber/Taxify in Lagos?

I want to get one for this soon.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 1:27pm On Dec 24, 2019
eroticecstasy:
Please house I need an urgent assistance

There is a family that want me to take them to Ibadan from Lekki with their car,
How much should I charge them?

Please is urgent
Will you just drop them and return on public vehicle or you’re waiting or staying with them till they return?
How long will they spend before coming back?
Who foots your expenses for the time you’ll be there till you bring them back?
These and a few more data you should provide before one can give you a clue
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GentleChief: 1:36pm On Dec 24, 2019
radautoworks:

Save for a new engine in the meantime. Let someone quote for you so you can start saving now since you're joining the disposable engine school of thought.

It doesn't matter Ma. I don't drive or work on fear. If it spoils, let it be. This is Nigeria and not USA.

We are survivors here.

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 1:43pm On Dec 24, 2019
GentleChief:

It doesn't matter Ma. I don't drive or work on fear. If it spoils, let it be. This is Nigeria and not USA.

We are survivors here.

I dey park

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by skillip(m): 1:48pm On Dec 24, 2019
chillex8:

Nothing will happen come Jan 1st.
CBN has not discontinued naira as a legal tender.

To hell with LCC
Very TRUE but you can't afford to create a scene at the toll gate with a rider on board, you know?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chillex8(m): 1:51pm On Dec 24, 2019
skillip:
Very TRUE but you can't afford to create a scene at the toll gate with a rider on board, you know?
True. So how did you do yours?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 2:03pm On Dec 24, 2019
chillex8:

skillip:

So I called their customer care (0800-22-555-22)

They said you'll need to bring proof of ownership of vehicle, valid ID and minimum of 2k. Their office is just at the beginning of the bridge(the roundabout)

They open on public holidays too

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Epphy(m): 2:16pm On Dec 24, 2019
GentleChief:

We are survivors here.

She's right you know...
Since it is toks, better to start using recommended oil for it. At the end, cost of oil change is a bit cheaper or same as buying a cheap Mobil XHP.

But on the other hand, if you prefer to change oil often cos you feel high funds for oil change less often is too high & may not be always available, and you plan to sell car off once you notice oil shortening, XHP is your man!

Like in Chuwa's Dad's case, it is not for ehailing and as analysed by Dru23 as well. If you listen to sounds of different engines using recommended and mineral oil after few years, the difference is glaring.

I use XHP though but I know the truth. If I bought a toks for personal use or ehailing today, I would go with recommended oil.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by skillip(m): 2:17pm On Dec 24, 2019
chillex8:

Yet to do mine, I'm looking for who has done it, that's why I'm asking.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 2:19pm On Dec 24, 2019
skillip:
Those guys working at that toll enh they’re inhuman and wicked.
I’d a situation with one I think a month ago at the ikoyi link bridge. That was the night UBA had a show at admiralty road in Lekki. I just passed the toll with the last 5h cash on me so I was left with 200naira cash so needed H to complete the toll pass, I begged the guy to let me pass he totally refused, ok is there no other means of payment let me use my MasterCard. For where? The guy no even answer me, all plea fell on deft ears. And I was trying to go pick up a rider. Na so the guy say make I reverse and clear well for others to pass. I obeyed him thinking maybe he’ll reconsider after sometime. After few minutes this guy came out of his cubicle and ordered me to reverse and look for alternative route to my destination else he’ll call security. Shuu! Call security?! Like, are you serious?! Na so I enter my motor drove straight and blocked the road and it was d only toll opended that night. I came down of my car and told do your worse, call heaven call earth, call even ur papa or all the red beret soilders wey dey island. I’ve cause a little queue by this time.

All the while cars have been passing and I’ve been trying to wave some down for help but non bothered to stop to even ask what the problem was.

The stupid guy has gone to call one of his colleagues, that one came with a walking talking on his hands, I just looked at him and laughed inside my belle. The guy asked, sir what’s the problem I explained everything to him and how I’ve begged him and asked for other alternative means. I was even thinking this one will remedy the situation I no even know say he is another broke ass fool. He just talked and said I should clear so people could pass. After he said that I just ignored him since he was not there to solve any problem.

Las las, na one gentle guy come waka come didn’t even say a word, gave the guy 5h and asked him him to give me the change of 100box.

That was how I passed that night o. As I picked up the rider I just went home straight.

So that card I think it’s a welcome development going forward to save one from such embarrassment but they should also make cash an alternative as well.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by skillip(m): 2:20pm On Dec 24, 2019
izzou:

So I called their customer care (0800-22-555-22)

They said you'll need to bring proof of ownership of vehicle, valid ID and minimum of 2k. Their office is just at the beginning of the bridge(the roundabout)

They open on public holidays too
Thanks my able Consultant/Technical adviser grin. Izzou for President.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 2:21pm On Dec 24, 2019
skillip:
Thanks my able Consultant/Technical adviser grin. for President.

Merry Christmas bro grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by skillip(m): 2:23pm On Dec 24, 2019
Felicity001:

I’d a situation with one I think a month ago at the ikoyi link bridge. That was the night UBA had a show at admiralty road in Lekki. I just passed the toll with the last 5h cash on me so I was left with 200naira cash so needed H to complete the toll pass, I begged the guy to let me pass he totally refused, ok is there no other means of payment let me use my MasterCard. For where? The guy no even answer me, all plea fell on deft ears. And I was trying to go pick up a rider. Na so the guy say make I reverse and clear well for others to pass. I obeyed him thinking maybe he’ll reconsider after sometime. After few minutes this guy came out of his cubicle and ordered me to reverse and look for alternative route to my destination else he’ll call security. Shuu! Call security?! Like, are you serious?! Na so I enter my motor drove straight and blocked the road and it was d only toll opended that night. I came down of my car and told do your worse, call heaven call earth, call even ur papa or all the red beret soilders wey dey island. I’ve cause a little queue by this time.

All the while cars have been passing and I’ve been trying to wave some down for help but non bothered to stop to even ask what the problem was.

The stupid guy has gone to call one of his colleagues, that one came with a walking talking on his hands, I just looked at him and laughed inside my belle. The guy asked, sir what’s the problem I explained everything to him and how I’ve begged him and asked for other alternative means. I was even thinking this one will remedy the situation I no even know say he is another broke ass fool. He just talked and said I should clear so people could pass. After he said that I just ignored him since he was not there to solve any problem.

Las las, na one gentle guy come waka come didn’t even say a word, gave the guy 5h and asked him him to give me the change of 100box.

That was how I passed that night o. As I picked up the rider I just went home straight.

So that card I think it’s a welcome development going forward to save one from such embarrassment but they should also make cash an alternative as well.
. I agree. Cash is still a form of payment, I think that new CBN deposit policy is what they are trying to avoid.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by skillip(m): 2:23pm On Dec 24, 2019
izzou:

Merry Christmas bro grin
Same here Baba.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 2:31pm On Dec 24, 2019
Una all mad for this lagos sha. grin

Felicity001:

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 2:36pm On Dec 24, 2019
Epphy:

She's right you know...
Since it is toks, better to start using recommended oil for it. At the end, cost of oil change is a bit cheaper or same as buying a cheap Mobil XHP.

But on the other hand, if you prefer to change oil often cos you feel high funds for oil change less often is too high & may not be always available, and you plan to sell car off once you notice oil shortening, XHP is your man!

Like in Chuwa's Dad's case, it is not for ehailing and as analysed by Dru23 as well. If you listen to sounds of different engines using recommended and mineral oil after few years, the difference is glaring.

I use XHP though but I know the truth. If I bought a toks for personal use or ehailing today, I would go with recommended oil.
I know see reasons why Dru23 insist on doing all kinds of maintenance himself rather than the driver doing it. because no matter the level of trust a driver will/may not be consistent using the right oil or materials needed to keeping the car sound till the owner gets his capital and profit and also savage value when he decides to hang hands in the business or with the car.

Apart from experience in the business and international exposure I strongly believe dru23 must have either attended Harvard business school or was raised by an old grandfather or something. because, a lane man will think it’s not a wise thing to do in a business setting but looking inward it’s the best approach for the business.

From this knowledge I can make a quote by saying, the profit that comes after many years is far bigger that the one that comes almost immediately or after few years.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 2:42pm On Dec 24, 2019
peeps4u:
Una all mad for this lagos sha. grin

Warri boys no dey won use ear hear empty threats.
Since that day I always wait to collect my ticket after paying and I throw it right I front of their faces and the. Zoom off. Unlike b4 I just give them the money and move

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by teeboi77: 2:47pm On Dec 24, 2019
Good afternoon Bosses in the house,please i need a clarification on Hire Purchase who's responsible for Insurance renewal and vehicle paper renewal??
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Oluwabengz(m): 2:47pm On Dec 24, 2019
I hope driver partner will not come here and complain or ask that owner partner reduce rental to 25k weeky cos January is slow. Cos owners are not collecting 40k for rentals now ooo.....

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Prince3(m): 2:48pm On Dec 24, 2019
thebigkendo:

Na the same thing we dey talk na... You always have a story
More like "he always have an answer or solution to almost every problem. Shows when one has been in the a game for so long with a lot of experience...

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by teeboi77: 3:06pm On Dec 24, 2019
teeboi77:
Good afternoon Bosses in the house,please i need a clarification on Hire Purchase who's responsible for Insurance renewal and vehicle paper renewal??

please i need response to this enquiry..Thanks all
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Prince3(m): 3:10pm On Dec 24, 2019
teeboi77:

please i need response to this enquiry..Thanks all
After the first year, you are responsible for everything the car. His job is giving you a registered car and ur is to renew it once it expires.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by drmikeadams(m): 3:11pm On Dec 24, 2019
Felicity001:

grin grin. Lol dem don delay one man cos of 50 naira for lekki toll gate,,, na me Las lass give d man 50 bucks for toll after he don meet car owners and we don spend wasted minutes,,,ndi Lagos dikwa mean unnecessaryly
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 3:32pm On Dec 24, 2019
So lekki toll is increasing by 100% as I heard?

BTW, please, I need a car for rental
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 3:38pm On Dec 24, 2019
Felicity001:

I know see reasons why Dru23 insist on doing all kinds of maintenance himself rather than the driver doing it. because no matter the level of trust a driver will/may not be consistent using the right oil or materials needed to keeping the car sound till the owner gets his capital and profit and also savage value when he decides to hang hands in the business or with the car.

Apart from experience in the business and international exposure I strongly believe dru23 must have either attended Harvard business school or was raised by an old grandfather or something. because, a lane man will think it’s not a wise thing to do in a business setting but looking inward it’s the best approach for the business.

From this knowledge I can make a quote by saying, the profit that comes after many years is far bigger that the one that comes almost immediately or after few years.

You are a funny guy . International exposure .. U dey hail be dat

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 3:42pm On Dec 24, 2019
Epphy:

She's right you know...

Let him use xhp self 20w50... People learn the hard way. There is a reason why I do my own oil change.. I don't let drivers do it .. There is a reason for it , well each to his own ..
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by teeboi77: 3:42pm On Dec 24, 2019
Prince3:

After the first year, you are responsible for everything the car. His job is giving you a registered car and ur is to renew it once it expires.

Thanks for the response,am actually the owner,just wanted to validate my earlier communication to the driver
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 3:46pm On Dec 24, 2019
GentleChief:

We are survivors here.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eroticecstasy: 3:49pm On Dec 24, 2019
Felicity001:

Will you just drop them and return on public vehicle or you’re waiting or staying with them till they return?
How long will they spend before coming back?
Who foots your expenses for the time you’ll be there till you bring them back?
These and a few more data you should provide before one can give you a clue

Drop them and return with public transport asap
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 3:53pm On Dec 24, 2019
radautoworks:

Save for a new engine in the meantime. Let someone quote for you so you can start saving now since you're joining the disposable engine school of thought.

For now the complete of that engine is 250k naira, without labour. And the cost of shipping container has increased across the board.. So that 250k naira will increase next year

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 3:54pm On Dec 24, 2019
dru23:

You are a funny guy . International exposure .. U dey hail be dat
I dey hail o baba
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 4:21pm On Dec 24, 2019
eroticecstasy:

Drop them and return with public transport asap
You live at Epe I guess.
You can bill them 5k for the job then every other thing should be taken care of by then both your tp from ur house to their house and back to your house should be taken care of by them.

Mind you, make sure you check all the tiers, engine oil level, transmission oil level, radiator water, fire extinguishers, road sign, jack and spare tiers and make sure everyone is on their seat belt as you go both those sitting behind the car.
Any thing tier that is expired and still look good to you should be turned inside.

Lastly, go and inspect the car a day to the journey to deem it fit for your journey. Na festive period we dey o be safety conscious.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2241) (2242) (2243) (2244) (2245) (2246) (2247) ... (5811) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Omoapena(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.