Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,710 members, 7,892,810 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 July 2024 at 05:59 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2829) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4948233 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2826) (2827) (2828) (2829) (2830) (2831) (2832) ... (5739) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chinyce(m): 3:45pm On Jul 17, 2020
prosperofficial:
Hello guys, good morning. Please I need advice, I asked my brother to help me with a car to use as Uber business, the car will serve as a loan to be repaid within a stipulated time. My challenge is that instead of the regular 2004 - 2006 Toyota Corolla, he bought the 2010 for me. Please is this car too fragile for the Uber business, what are the pros and cons of using this car? Thank you all

Do not use this car for uber in Lagos, I repeat, do not attempt to use this car for uber in Lagos for UberBolts fares of N400. Not even for part time. Is just not worth.

If my brother was stubborn to change it for 06, I will just simply park it for private use and keep posting my brother.

After 3 months, this car will not look like this again, and your brother will still blame you.

Or sell it, buy an 06 cool and get some change.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 4:10pm On Jul 17, 2020
Ty207:
How can I review this price....from ejigbo to isherri north estate (after Berger)...4hour plus traffic including tollgate at airport cry

See as my heart is beating for u, 4600! grin

Some riders just wicked finish, don't know why human being don't reason... I just use one of the worst road ever since I've been driving "Canal Ave" Okota, and the pethetic tin is having a better alternative but long route. She was just telling me sorry, my face strong die wit d F lose word coming out after my bumper pulled off from one side.. Got to her destination before telling me to use the alternative, only to find out its 3:10 ratio beta of the bad road I used to drop her. Human!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 4:11pm On Jul 17, 2020
Listen to this advice. I regret using mine for this biz. In less than few months, you will hate the car.
chinyce:

Do not use this car for uber in Lagos, I repeat, do not attempt to use this car for uber in Lagos for UberBolts fares of N400. Not even for part time. Is just not worth.

If my brother was stubborn to change it for 06, I will just simply park it for private use and keep posting my brother.

After 3 months, this car will not look like this again, and your brother will still blame you.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 4:15pm On Jul 17, 2020
Some riders are just wicked. Carried one from Agungi today to Fagba side. 3 hrs journey. Even had to go follow airport road cos of traffic. Paid extra toll gate. Rider insisted she wont pay me more than the agreed fare. It was on Indriver. Local man just weak. grin.
pope191:

See as my heart is beating for u, 4600! grin

Some riders just wicked finish, don't know why human being don't reason... I just use one of the worst road ever since I've been driving "Canal Ave" Okota, and the pethetic tin is having a better alternative but long route. She was just telling me sorry, my face strong die wit d F lose word coming out after my bumper pulled off from one side.. Got to her destination before telling me to use the alternative, only to find out its 3:10 ratio beta of the bad road I used to drop her. Human!

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Ghost1994: 4:24pm On Jul 17, 2020
Ty207:
How can I review this price....from ejigbo to isherri north estate (after Berger)...4hour plus traffic including tollgate at airport cry

Similar thing happened to me recently.

My experience on bolt yesterday’

So I got a request from Magodo rider heading to Ikorodu around 4pm.

I put a called through and told her I’m not going to Ikorodu she said wait that she would like me to drop her at ketu which is fine by me.

Rider didn’t changed the destination so I drove to ketu by sweet sensation ended the trip.

Hmmmm to my greatest shock, I saw 2150 � damn

Bolt as fixed their price even if you stayed 2hrs in traffic is still same thing.

I drove 21mins no surge nothing

Bolt and inDriver are now in the same category.

Whoever doubt this, should calculate the price immediately you get a trip to the riders destination and tell us what happened after you end the trip

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 4:29pm On Jul 17, 2020
davit:
Some riders are just wicked. Carried one from Agungi today to Fagba side. 3 hrs journey. Even had to go follow airport road cos of traffic. Paid extra toll gate. Rider insisted she wont pay me more than the agreed fare. It was on Indriver. Local man just weak. grin.

Sincerely, cant see that as wickedness. It was a trip with an initially agreed amount.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 4:30pm On Jul 17, 2020
Ghost1994:

I put a called through and told her I’m not going to Ikorodu she said wait that she would like me to drop her at ketu which is fine by me.

Rider didn’t changed the destination so I drove to ketu by sweet sensation ended the trip.

Bolt as fixed their price even if you stayed 2hrs in traffic is still same thing.

Whoever doubt this, should calculate the price immediately you get a trip to the riders destination and tell us what happened after you end the trip
and what now happen? Did d rider add anything?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 4:33pm On Jul 17, 2020
davit:

Before u move anyone on in drive, chech the road situation first.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Ghost1994: 4:36pm On Jul 17, 2020
pope191:
and what now happen? Did d rider add anything?

I collect my complete payment.
But if I had drove to Ikorodu with the hell traffic the price is still going to be same.

Imagine!
Bolt is just pathetic

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 4:41pm On Jul 17, 2020
That's one downside of Indriver though
peeps4u:

Sincerely, cant see that as wickedness. It was a trip with an initially agreed amount.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ekehopp: 4:43pm On Jul 17, 2020
invectives:
Hello Ekehopp Pls can someone use a Dagboed Driver license for this registration?? please kindly reply me,so I know next line of action...
What's dagboed please?

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Olayetan(m): 4:45pm On Jul 17, 2020
Ghost1994:

They didn't fix their price moreover, you can calculate their price using the distance & time covered.

Magodo to ketu isn't upto 25km, that distance shouldn't be more than 10km, maybe your phone miscalculated the distance...

Which phone are you using?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chucsmoore(m): 4:46pm On Jul 17, 2020
Felicity0001:

Chai!!! Bros na tear rubber Oboy! This car clean die!

Chia!!! C people wey get better brother oooh... God which kind life me i come like dis?

Guy, if i where you I won't make any attempt to register this car or use it at all, sell it, send the equivalent you r supposed to pay him back to him then let him send you 03/05
U guys are saying sell it sell it, who Is gonna pay him 3M to 4M. Is it the car dealers that will be pricing car like say u no pay custom duties and landing cost . I agree uber fares is not worth the car, but since this is what you have at your disposal, u can still compromise and make use of it judiciously. Except if he want to wait for donkey years to get a good buyer. If he doesn’t mind let him do business with me. I give him my Camry and add N1million and I collect the corolla grin That’s a good deal. No cheating

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 4:56pm On Jul 17, 2020
Ghost1994:

I collect my complete payment.
But if I had drove to Ikorodu with the hell traffic the price is still going to be same.

Imagine!
Bolt is just pathetic

They r both pathetic, my only problem with mykab look too good to b true

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by invectives(m): 4:56pm On Jul 17, 2020
ekehopp:
What's dagboed please?
License gotten from Agents at the Secretariat..
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Olayetan(m): 4:57pm On Jul 17, 2020
prosperofficial:
Hello guys, good morning. Please I need advice, I asked my brother to help me with a car to use as Uber business, the car will serve as a loan to be repaid within a stipulated time. My challenge is that instead of the regular 2004 - 2006 Toyota Corolla, he bought the 2010 for me. Please is this car too fragile for the Uber business, what are the pros and cons of using this car? Thank you all

Liaise with your brother and find out the total cost he spent to buy, ship and clear the car then add like 200k(your own interest)to the amount and sell it then send the exact amount he spent back to your brother and ask him to use the money to buy 2004 Corolla and send...

That car is kinda too big for the business, doesn't worth it.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 4:58pm On Jul 17, 2020
chucsmoore:
The traffic is mad, l just parked at Mobil close to Otedola bridge. Went to Mr Biggs to buy some snacks to cool off nerves. I wonder what The entire city of Lagos will be when they close 3RD mainland bridge nextweek Friday
In fact enh... Today traffic na die...suppose 9th life has returned I would have just pack hoping to work all through the 9th because dis traffic self won't allow people go out while most riders will japa and leave driver to his cross.

I tot I'd escape the ojodu1 berger traffic I never knew I was in for season 2 in Surulere, all the way from Jibowu to fund to williams down to costain is hellish.

If you love yourself just off your app and wait till tomorrow or another day b4 you work.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 5:01pm On Jul 17, 2020
I think it's better to advise people to leave this hustle for now, instead of telling them to pay 15k for rentals..

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 5:03pm On Jul 17, 2020
toomush:

I dey on offline trip, osapa London to mile 12 and back, after that I go just continue work for island
Pleaze how do you guys do it, that's working within a particular jurisdiction.

Take for an instance, if I want to be within Surulere how do I set my trips to be within on Uber
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 5:08pm On Jul 17, 2020
chucsmoore:
Taking a leave won’t solve the problem. I suggest rescheduling of work time. I am presently thinking of Saturday and Sundays, maximizing the use of weekends. Also Tuesdays and Thursday the off market days, roads are usually free.
When car owners talk we know them.

We the good people of aguda say a big thank you for at least taking your car off the lagos roads for these days and we kindly request that you please extend the hands of fellowship to other car owners in lagos so those of us on rental can will keep moving lagos front, right, left and center.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 5:09pm On Jul 17, 2020
Eku traffic oo grin

Me I they my house after completing this trip.

Ride started from Agungi, then Oniru to Etim Iyang VI back to Oniru, we face Ikoyi from there, end am for Alesh Hotel Ajah.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Ghost1994: 5:10pm On Jul 17, 2020
Olayetan:

They didn't fix their price moreover, you can calculate their price using the distance & time covered.

Magodo to ketu isn't upto 25km, that distance shouldn't be more than 10km, maybe your phone miscalculated the distance...

Which phone are you using?

iPhone 8 mani?

It can never be miscalculated.

BOLT dont READ IN TRAFFIC
I REPEAT BOLT DONT READ IN TRAFFIC
IN FACT THEY’VE FIX THEIR PRICES FORGET THE 50# ALL NA Sakamanje

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 5:18pm On Jul 17, 2020
Guys, listen to this advice.
Felicity0001:

In fact enh... Today traffic na die...suppose 9th life has returned I would have just pack hoping to work all through the 9th because dis traffic self won't allow people go out while most riders will japa and leave driver to his cross.

I tot I'd escape the ojodu1 berger traffic I never knew I was in for season 2 in Surulere, all the way from Jibowu to fund to williams down to costain is hellish.

If you love yourself just off your app and wait till tomorrow or another day b4 you work.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 5:23pm On Jul 17, 2020
chinyce:

Yes there are N400 trips, but there are also N4000 trips. Don't let us make it sound like its only short trips he will be getting for the whole of his uber career lol.
And why won't the car be like this after 3 months, you need to see the one I've been using for exactly 2 years then. It's not everybody that is a rough rider na.
People advising him not to use it, if he returns it hoping to get another one and the story changes to the one that touches from there, what would you have him do then?
Prosperofficial use your corolla with care and you shall prosper. People are using Camry 2011 and they're doing just fine

12 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ihimiray(m): 5:23pm On Jul 17, 2020
eyinola:
please oooo is ikorodu road free to palmgroove? I just dey observe for ikeja mall since oooo, home ino fit go, I dey reason to enter my hood(somolu go chill till tomorrow) grin grin grin grin
awon ti shomolu... Na akeju me sef dey
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 5:32pm On Jul 17, 2020
invectives:
License gotten from Agents at the Secretariat..
Did you invent the name dagboed grin
Hearing it for the first time and thought it was a mistake lol
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 5:42pm On Jul 17, 2020
peeps4u:

You say?
If not wickedness what is it? Kindness?
Assuming it take the whole day the rider have to still insist on the amount agreed at the start?
Na waoo
What happened to fellow feeling? Well if the rider doesn't want to add something just move on, this life no balance.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by famousguy01(m): 5:49pm On Jul 17, 2020
Who else notices that taxi scam no longer add toll fee at the end of the trip even after they might have said your toll fee is included. The two receipts attached below are my evidences the first one I passed through Lekki epe toll, while the second was through Ikoyi link even the fare self no correct, between Uber don mad self I took a woman too and fro from Vi to Agungi and back but they only included one toll fee their reply make me laugh. Na make God just save person from this slavery

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 5:58pm On Jul 17, 2020
famousguy01:
Who else notices that taxi scam no longer add toll fee at the end of the trip even after they might have said your toll fee is included. The two receipts attached below are my evidences the first one I passed through Lekki epe toll, while the second was through Ikoyi link even the fare self no correct, between Uber don mad self I took a woman too and fro from Vi to Agungi and back but they only included one toll fee their reply make me laugh. Na make God just save person from this slavery

May be the guy wants you to spell etag with alphabets he understands. For better clarity next time, just take a selfie when next you go through the tolls.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Slickleo: 6:01pm On Jul 17, 2020
Babadee1900:
Eku traffic oo grin

Me I they my house after completing this trip.

Ride started from Agungi, then Oniru to Etim Iyang VI back to Oniru, we face Ikoyi from there, end am for Alesh Hotel Ajah.

Ur earning is better than mine, abeg help me Torchlight em weda Uber Dy cheat me.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by prosperofficial(m): 6:09pm On Jul 17, 2020
Thanks bro, actually, I don’t want to do Uber full time, I have a job but because of Covid-19, we haven’t been able to reopen, hopefully when international flight starts... I requested for the car because I have been idle for a long time and wanted to keep busy. If I tell him that this car is too big for Uber, he may feel I am not serious about what I told him. My plan is to repay partly with my salary when we resume!
dru23:

From my humble experince.. 2009 Corolla is too sophisticated for uber.. 2005 would have been better and your 09 Corolla is just too clean for uber.. I would sell it and get an 05 or 07 ..

But if you decide to use the 09 for uber. Make sure you use the correct oil 5w20 full synethtic.. Those engine do not come cheap at all .. Its a good car for the right owner and a bad car for the wrong owner.. This is one of the cleanest 09 have seen in a long time .. Take good care of it if you decide to use it for uber

9 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sharpk007(m): 6:09pm On Jul 17, 2020
famousguy01:

Actually dey don't recognize etag on UBer platform, next Tym find a toll receipt, put small water on d date, rubb it wit a cloth, d date will fade off, upload back to them and Viola You have ur money back

(1) (2) (3) ... (2826) (2827) (2828) (2829) (2830) (2831) (2832) ... (5739) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Omoapena(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.