Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,140 members, 7,887,301 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 06:18 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (3042) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4935002 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3039) (3040) (3041) (3042) (3043) (3044) (3045) ... (5737) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 2:02pm On Oct 03, 2020
mrjaydee:
I really dont get why riders would request a ride. Driver gets to call and tell them his ETA. The driver gets there still have to wait about 5-10mins.. it's really crazy.

All my trips this morning na the same. Now I have to ask rider if he or she is ready before coming.

Some ppl do that in anticipation that it may take driver 15 mins to get to them, but veem, within 3 u r dia... boss u go wait for 15 mins again, nah woman matter, husband wey never wait for car, deh press horn with frown, need check again if nah woman e marry cheesy

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by toomush(m): 2:04pm On Oct 03, 2020
mrjaydee:
I really dont get why riders would request a ride. Driver gets to call and tell them his ETA. The driver gets there still have to wait about 5-10mins.. it's really crazy.

All my trips this morning na the same. Now I have to ask rider if he or she is ready before coming.

It baffles me too, I think is a Nigerian thing. We don't value time. Whenever I'm picking up foreigners or someone that recently came back from abroad, they are usually on time. They don't waste your time

11 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 2:09pm On Oct 03, 2020
chucsmoore:

Pope calm down. grin. Nah INdrive I dey do for the 5 weeks and is been profitable. This is my last earning on Monday all complete trips. Been busy with somethings but I wan hit the road in few hours.

Lol, Boss I'm calm, I'm not saying Indriver is not ohk, I am just saying we should b mindful the way we cut the nose just to spite the face. As you can see i turned down 3400 to osapa from ketu, if the trip is 3400, it can't b beyond 3800 on uber plus commission, so if you ask me it's a good trip. On Sunday by 1pm I've don 12500 and ignore 4k trips cos I've hit my target, so 20k is certain if u ask me, like I say "Target is everything", but we just have to b mindful in general, you are smart and know how to go about what you want, so r few drivers.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by toomush(m): 2:13pm On Oct 03, 2020
They say I don't post on bad days undecided

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 2:14pm On Oct 03, 2020
toomush:

It baffles me too, I think is a Nigerian thing. We don't value time. Whenever I'm picking up foreigners or someone that recently came back from abroad, they are usually on time. They don't waste your time

Forget foreigners grin u can't drive down wit d intention to eat a chinese man 300 naira, d guy go shock u and the pathetic part they hardly cover long distance... I think it's all about orientation, we r only able to know this and the effect on driver's because we drive. The one that hurt me most is, I will have a 30 mins stop by and rider goes "shabi my money is reading"... me with straight face, I'll place curse on you, which money is reading grin

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 2:16pm On Oct 03, 2020
eyinola:
I use indriver to escape from places like ipaja if i couldn't get a trip on uber/bolt and sometimes from the island if i hv waited for so long fro trip to mainland. I just know in my mind that is better than 300 naira iyana oworo passengers and stress that comes with cabu cabu

grin so indriver is now cabu cabu, if u want to enjoy indriver, try it tomorrow
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 2:17pm On Oct 03, 2020
davit:
I wish most drivers on Indriver will take to this advice. I do mostly Indriver these days. And I can say that it pays me. It is all about being strategic. I don't take anyhow price. In fact, I try to check the fare on Bolt or uber before I take your fare. I also check map. It befuddles me when I see ridiculous amount from riders and fiam request taken by a driver! Na the kind driver wey no go see money repair their car when it breaks down.

Boss uber is calling u... grin we d*e here
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Maxicon(m): 3:02pm On Oct 03, 2020
Please what is Uber/Bolt operating hours in Lagos now?

What time can you request for rides up to
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by shollywendy1(m): 3:06pm On Oct 03, 2020
mrjaydee:

Chinese are very good in managing time.
Once you pick their request, they are outside waiting for your arrival

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 3:51pm On Oct 03, 2020
bolabiyi:
bro, in dis life if u waka well, u go see chicken wey get hunch back.. cool

Kikikikikiki...

True true this life balance at all...

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 4:34pm On Oct 03, 2020
grin grin grin I no dey do again.
pope191:

Boss uber is calling u... grin we d*e here
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by hvac: 4:44pm On Oct 03, 2020
pope191:

Lol, Boss I'm calm, I'm not saying Indriver is not ohk, I am just saying we should b mind the way we cut the nose just to spite the face. As you can see i turned down 3400 to osapa from ketu, if the trip is 3400, it can't b beyond 3800 on uber plus commission, so if you ask me it's a good trip. On Sunday by 1pm I've don 12500 and ignore 4k trips cos I've hit my target, so 20k is certain if u ask me, like I say "Target is everything", but we just have to b mindful in general, you are smart and know how to go about what you want, so r few drivers.
You mean 20k only sunday?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Godfather10: 4:51pm On Oct 03, 2020
chloride6:

Thank you!
Ipwood and Dru are two tough guys l admire on this forum, they know what they are doing and they definitely will go far.
More grease to your elbows guys
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 4:59pm On Oct 03, 2020
mrjaydee:

Kudos to Uber for that, you can't waste time without paying for it.

I'm guessing the dy r bolt riders, Dey seem so urgent Wen dey call you.
Alas, when you get there, dey keep you waiting.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eyinola: 5:10pm On Oct 03, 2020
northbird:

Kudos to Uber for that, you can't waste time without paying for it.

I'm guessing the dy r bolt riders, Dey seem so urgent Wen dey call you.
Alas, when you get there, dey keep you waiting.
one bolt rider was calling me after i hv spent 10 mins in front of her house , i got request on indriver i just drove off imagine she was calling back after like 30 mins because i didn't cancel

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 5:19pm On Oct 03, 2020
hvac:

You mean 20k only sunday?

Yep
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 5:19pm On Oct 03, 2020
davit:
grin grin grin I no dey do again.

Lol cheesy nah u go still need dem
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 5:23pm On Oct 03, 2020
Blackbishop:

Chillex na issue you always dey look for.

Thanks @Blackbishop for ur time today, boss i appreciate

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by hvac: 5:34pm On Oct 03, 2020
pope191:

Yep
chai
I go enter road soon ooo
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 5:49pm On Oct 03, 2020
dru23:

Nobody dey look for my trouble that is why memes no dey o.. It has been boring self to be honest, I get too many memes hidden in the vault... I just dey look for person to use am for ..... Na oyel I dey sell now, wetin make I end am with o.. My next shipment go arrive soon self, we dey prepare for Xmas sells o...

grin cool
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jahmarsh: 6:16pm On Oct 03, 2020
Good evening everyone.

A new driver.
Still looking for a car to drive. 25k weekly. 0 9 0 3 6 7 8 7 3 5 1. Maintenance would be taken care of. You have nothing to worry about. I can give 2 weeks upfront.

Borrow me your car to make money for you
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 7:11pm On Oct 03, 2020
jahmarsh:
I also have a question. Why do we truly have many Uber Drivers, i mean existing drivers without cars. They don't have cars to drive. Why?
Lolzzz.... This is not funny.

This life chai!
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 7:19pm On Oct 03, 2020
coker007:
Hey guys, i just wanna tell y'all not to be greedy.

There are a lot of messed up people out there looking to dupe or even hurt e-hailing drivers and they always easily get away with it.

A lot of drivers and partners are motivated with greed to earn or make more profits off some strangers' despair not knowing they have you where they want you to be, and they'll take advantage of you and your greed so bad you wouldn't even have the courage to speak up.

Simply reading past experiences and imagining yourself in those scenarios isn't enough you'd have to live it to feel the pressure on you.

All I'm saying is this, when an offer sound's too good to be true......you should walk away when you still have your wit's about you. Remember: no one can cheat an honest man.

Stay safe.

Your head is there...

I bet only a few will grab what you're trying to say...

But las las every night will one day count for all hustlers.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 7:19pm On Oct 03, 2020
hvac:
chai
I go enter road soon ooo

Lol
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mrsteel: 7:21pm On Oct 03, 2020
hefelove:
So I heard a story this week while discussing about this hustle with Someone cos me too wan start.

A rider ordered for a ride on Bolt, when the driver reach, the rider said he wanted to do offline, the driver drives Corolla, they negotiated 10k o, the man said he was going to his office for a meeting, this man really dressed well, he suited up, also with a suitcase In his hand, the guy sha carry am go the place he called office for an emergency meeting, after like 2hrs,he came out the man said he was going to a hotel, spend like an hour there, the guy sat in the reception to wait for him, then the rider said he was going to sango to buy car, the same type of corolla the driver was driving, when they got there, the rider went to the seller of the cars, meanwhile the rider was there 2days ago to tell them he was coming back to buy with his own driver, when they got there, he asked for key of the car to test run the car that his driver which Is the Bolt driver he ordered will wait till he comes back, remember the man held a suitcase him, naxo rider test run corolla go o, 1hr, 2hrs reach, the Bolt driver just ask the seller of car say him rider never still come back? And the sellers where like, isn't he your boss? Are you not his driver? He told them he is just a Bolt driver and the man booked him for offline, them sha use police arrest the Bolt driver, the driver called his partner for help, partner say did I ask you to do offline? They collected the Bolt driver corolla and still wants him to balance 350k, right now the Bolt driver still dey station. May God watches and guide all hustlers here. Let's just be careful. I remember when someone was taking about how we think they can get someone with phone number, I just dey laugh, the man wey carry car go the number he used in calling the Bolt driver no go again since that day
I don't believe this!
Which car dealer go allow only buyer test run car? If u have bought a car before at different car stand, u will know this is almost impossible. U know how many boys go follow u enter car for test run? No car dealer will allow only a buyer to test run a car. Even if dangote stand await u, person must follow u, so the buyer do not temper with anything in d car. The story is false!

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jahmarsh: 7:27pm On Oct 03, 2020
Felicity0001:

Lolzzz.... This is not funny.

This life chai!

Yes but i still need car to drive smiley
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 7:29pm On Oct 03, 2020
mrjaydee:

Your experience even good. One stupid girl cancelled a trip on uber with 1.8x from lekki to ikeja after I'd waited for 15min... The next minute I saw a Camry parked behind me and this same girl walked into the car and off they zoomed off.

Na 3h I get as compensation... I'd to blow empty to Abule Egba that day out of vextation after waiting for an hour without seeing a trip to the mainland.

Guy... Make I no talk... Very soon I go delete all my apps...

Inter state things loading.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 7:47pm On Oct 03, 2020
jahmarsh:

Yes but i still need car to drive smiley

Dont worry you'll get one just keep posting and also search outside the box.

Don't wait too long for any pending offer.

A bird at hand is worth while....

Don't be tempted to quote or comment on post while you're still in search...

Always try to be the first to contact a partner that makes a post In search for a driver, even if you're out of their jurisdiction make them understand distance is a thing of the mind, what matters the most is faithfulness.

Make a thread stating what you want.

Take a walk to some car dealers, some if not most of them do HP/rental for uber.

If you have a uber account approach Moove at Maryland. You should be given a car within 2 week latest.

In all, pray to God for the best.

Its not easy my brother I know how it feels because I've been there several...but las las I came out stronger and better.

Good luck!

12 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jahmarsh: 8:37pm On Oct 03, 2020
Felicity0001:

Dont worry you'll get one just keep posting and also search outside the box.

Don't wait too long for any pending offer.

A bird at hand is worth while....

Don't be tempted to quote or comment on post while you're still in search...

Always try to be the first to contact a partner that makes a post In search for a driver, even if you're out of their jurisdiction make them understand distance is a thing of the mind, what matters the most is faithfulness.

Make a thread stating what you want.

Take a walk to some car dealers, some if not most of them do HP/rental for uber.

If you have a uber account approach Moove at Maryland. You should be given a car within 2 week latest.

In all, pray to God for the best.

Its not easy my brother I know how it feels because I've been there several...but las las I came out stronger and better.

Good luck!

Thanks a lot for this.
Noted sir

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nwizu042: 8:53pm On Oct 03, 2020
Shey Uber de whine me ni?
embarassed embarassed

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 9:20pm On Oct 03, 2020
toomush:

grin grin grin

I dey surulere since, bolt no wan give me request angry e remain 3 trips to chop the bonus

I just clinched mine now.
22trips and 22trips.

Bolt Wan do xmas for us in October.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eyinola: 10:06pm On Oct 03, 2020
donfortune48:

I just clinched mine now.
22trips and 22trips.

Bolt Wan do xmas for us in October.
una dey try shaaaa, na robbot be una body niii cool cool

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (3039) (3040) (3041) (3042) (3043) (3044) (3045) ... (5737) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.