Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,096 members, 7,880,426 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 06:02 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (3551) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4923038 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3548) (3549) (3550) (3551) (3552) (3553) (3554) ... (5733) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Sakamanjeh99(m): 3:08pm On Apr 13, 2021
peeps4u:
Just tell him not to stop at the airport as soon as he drops the rider, that's the escape route. The day I entered their trap, I just briefly stopped (I didn't even put off the engine)light tolose my booth which the rider didn't close, before I could close and wanted to go in, these guys just showed up from ONLY GOD KNOWS where.

Bailed myself with 7k or so that day.

5500 is dere fine for cars... And 10500 for suvs.... Buh all d same dnt even try to stop to do anytin around d Airport... Doz guys rẹ so cruel

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 3:13pm On Apr 13, 2021
[quote author=Sakamanjeh99 post=100760697][/quote]
I have forgotten the charge actually, that was why I said "or so".

Lesson learnt, I knew before but I thought I could just quickly close the booth and move but I was caught.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 4:01pm On Apr 13, 2021
kanuisagoat:
Another reason rating might drop.

Madams vehicle has been down and because I have promo, I booked a ride for her twice to work and once back to the house.

My rider rating has dropped to 4.6. Knowing who I married and even without asking her, I am 100% sure she had no issue with any of them.

If I was vindictive and not in the system, I'll start returning the favour to any driver that carries me/her. Fortunately for them, I can't do that but some other riders we carry may not forgiving.

Walahi... I no understand this.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 5:55pm On Apr 13, 2021
Stay safe guys

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by bolabiyi: 6:08pm On Apr 13, 2021
Something sweet inside car shocked....I don't understand grin

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Deigofortune: 6:20pm On Apr 13, 2021
Abegi this one nah Protential Car snatcher ..,

bolabiyi:
Something sweet inside car shocked....I don't understand grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by maridrug(m): 6:28pm On Apr 13, 2021
Can a 2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca do well for Uber/bolt.
It's a V6 engine.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by macdee20(m): 6:31pm On Apr 13, 2021
okay. cool.
thanks so much, man.
i think you've given me more than enough info!!!

peeps4u:
The car is as good as Corolla. Has a better interior. Its maintenance guy is cheaper than Corolla, has a good fuel economy, there are arguments it's fuel economy is even better than corolla. I hope you know Corolla is one of the most expensive in terms of maintenance among the cars in its class? Corolla parts don't come that cheap.

May be you ask wave1 more direct questions about dos and don'ts, but generally, Civic is as good as Corolla for Uber.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by macdee20(m): 6:34pm On Apr 13, 2021
okay, sir. i will be buzzing u occassionally should i have any Ps.

wave1:
That's my car. It's nice and sexy. Just try avoid bad road.. low ground clearance

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by EffectEn: 6:34pm On Apr 13, 2021
Once I complete a ride after 12am, my bolt app displays this and after that I can't get another request till 6pm

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Sakamanjeh99(m): 7:55pm On Apr 13, 2021
Abeg ooo... Small dent wey dey my bumper... Bolt inspection agent dy tell m trash... Who get sure person jaare... Hw u wan drive for lagos wey dent no go dey go...
Dey tell m new policy...
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by IFSHR: 8:05pm On Apr 13, 2021
EffectEn:
Once I complete a ride after 12am, my bolt app displays this and after that I can't get another request till 6pm

Curfew protocol.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chillex8(m): 8:22pm On Apr 13, 2021
Sakamanjeh99:
Abeg ooo... Small dent wey dey my bumper... Bolt inspection agent dy tell m trash... Who get sure person jaare... Hw u wan drive for lagos wey dent no go dey go...
Dey tell m new policy...
lol. Useless app company.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tojahh(m): 8:57pm On Apr 13, 2021
Sakamanjeh99:
Dey tell m new policy...

Go and paint it.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 9:18pm On Apr 13, 2021
peeps4u:
Just tell him not to stop at the airport as soon as he drops the rider, that's the escape route. The day I entered their trap, I just briefly stopped (I didn't even put off the engine)light tolose my booth which the rider didn't close, before I could close and wanted to go in, these guys just showed up from ONLY GOD KNOWS where.

Bailed myself with 7k or so that day.

My brother... I call those dues no matter how careful you're you must pay dues at some point in time.

Sometimes it could be in form of sacrifice to offset some bigger problem ahead... Let me not talk much...

But in all, give thanks to God...

In this racketting you can't wave aside airport pickoff or dropoff. Some can be very lucrative and to your preferred destination. But you just have to use your head.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 9:23pm On Apr 13, 2021
peeps4u:

No one here can really answer you satisfactorily unless you drive it yourself for few days to see the results, but all things being equal, you should make profit no matter how lil. Hope you will be driving it yourself? Don't even think of renting it out to your twin brother, if you have one. Just stick to previous advice of selecting trips and surge periods, avoid traffic period. You're better using it on part time basis Sha.

BTW, why you wan dey drag uberbolt money with guys with that car bro? Go use that car do shina grin

What is the possibility of the two bolded conditions in Lagos being meant?

Asking for a friend ni

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by EffectEn: 9:25pm On Apr 13, 2021
Does this happen to you as well?

IFSHR:

Curfew protocol.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 9:28pm On Apr 13, 2021
macdee20:
okay, thanks very much @Felicity001

my location is Abuja.

i have other side hustles i'm doing, so the driving stuff is to support.

i'm still looking out for 20K weekly

fair enough?

That's gonna take you some time with a civic or a Corolla. These two cars are the best tools for the job and their standard is 25/30k weekly due to the high cost of maintenance, unless you want to negotiate some level of maintenance and repairs with the owner. Which ever case just go for what suits you with your present job
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 9:35pm On Apr 13, 2021
peeps4u:
The car is as good as Corolla. Has a better interior. Its maintenance guy is cheaper than Corolla, has a good fuel economy, there are arguments it's fuel economy is even better than corolla. I hope you know Corolla is one of the most expensive in terms of maintenance among the cars in its class? Corolla parts don't come that cheap.

May be you ask wave1 more direct questions about dos and don'ts, but generally, Civic is as good as Corolla for Uber.

No argument bro... The civic is more fuel efficient than the Corolla, the only advantage the Corolla has over the civic is the initial but in a long ditance race the civic would have arrived waiti for for the corolla to arrive.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Duke111: 10:05pm On Apr 13, 2021
Felicity001:

My brother... I call those dues no matter how careful you're you must pay dues at some point in time.

Sometimes it could be in form of sacrifice to offset some bigger problem ahead... Let me not talk much...

But in all, give thanks to God...

In this racketting you can't wave aside airport pickoff or dropoff. Some can be very lucrative and to your preferred destination. But you just have to use your head.

My 2 golden rules for airport

I don’t do pickup at airport no matter what unless i pay for parking den rider will meet me there and i dont dropoff at ARRIVALS no matter wat.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Weightless: 10:39pm On Apr 13, 2021
dru23:

I stated that I was thinking about it .. Sometimes I think out loud ..... But realistically I don't see that happening anytime soon .. They way exchange rate is now, most business are trying to survive......

I usually don't import Honda civic for sale .....temptation no go allow me to sell am ..... Any Honda Civic I usually see is straight for uber.....

How about this, what do you think

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Weightless: 10:40pm On Apr 13, 2021
Duke111:

My 2 golden rules for airport

I don’t do pickup at airport no matter what unless i pay for parking den rider will meet me there and i dont dropoff at ARRIVALS no matter wat.

The only airport I go to is mm2 because it is saner there than any other airport

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 11:45pm On Apr 13, 2021
Weightless:

How about this, what do you think

Very ok .......very ok ....just hope say the transmission is ok ......

If you have issues down the line ..contact luvvinhubby
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CodedTobx(m): 2:05am On Apr 14, 2021
Hey guys. Any pilot interested in offline trip to Badagry on Thursday morning To and fro should contact; zero seven zero three 275 6133.
PU. Yaba axis.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 4:28am On Apr 14, 2021
Babadee1900:
Stay safe guys

When you hear news like this you will want to mark some places danger zone. Car snatching and killings is too common in that area. With the driver going offline, the app coy can deny him or says he wasn’t driving for them.
Thank you Babadee.

Why drivers no go lean ?

You driving among mad danfo & yellow busses drivers,
You keep an eye on okada aiming to scratch you.
While dodging pot holes, bad roads, one way and google map like some dead roads.
Once you sight Lastma, VIO, touts, police, airport, your brain go begin do 4times his job.
Then you battle with rude, bad riders, jazebel daughters ready to provoke you and give u 1*, is ur AC not working?, come and carry me in my Parlour.
Still same you will be playing mind games with App coys by filtering trips and canceling to avoid stories and being blocked.
Even to buy fuel ur eyes must be on Meter, once u loose guard, dem rob u.
The list is endless

But dis thief snatching cars and killing part is demoralizing.

18 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 4:53am On Apr 14, 2021
Felicity001:

What is the possibility of the two bolded conditions in Lagos being meant?

Asking for a friend ni

Co asking for a friend too.

When I see some comments I just SMH for newbies by the time they get out there
Field experience will reset their brain.
Some people with Eagle eyes will tel u it’s possible.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Weightless: 6:10am On Apr 14, 2021
dru23:

Very ok .......very ok ....just hope say the transmission is ok ......

If you have issues down the line ..contact luvvinhubby

It will be for sale when it land next month and transmission is very fine
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 7:17am On Apr 14, 2021
Weightless:

The only airport I go to is mm2 because it is saner there than any other airport

Just make sure u don't park on zebra crossing grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 7:22am On Apr 14, 2021
peeps4u:
Did that a couple of times and was fortunate enough the officers gave me the right direction.

They are always willing to assist. I have never met any who deliberately misled me.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 7:24am On Apr 14, 2021
tojahh:

Walahi... I no understand this.

Summary is that, some drivers give riders poor ratings even when they have no issue with the rider. So any rider can decide to return the favour to other drivers. Those ones will be wondering why their ratings dropped.

And you know some riders think that they get promo when they have good ratings grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 7:26am On Apr 14, 2021
BAZ001:

Co asking for a friend too.

When I see some comments I just SMH for newbies by the time they get out there
Field experience will reset their brain.
Some people with Eagle eyes will tel u it’s possible.

One of those days I decided to take a rest, I just checked my app around 5pm and saw thick surge so I jumped out of the house.

What I underestimated was the traffic causing the surge. I regretted going out that day and wished I had just stayed indoors.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (3548) (3549) (3550) (3551) (3552) (3553) (3554) ... (5733) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.