Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,226 members, 7,910,319 topics. Date: Sunday, 04 August 2024 at 03:53 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (3557) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4990076 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3554) (3555) (3556) (3557) (3558) (3559) (3560) ... (5749) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 10:14pm On Apr 15, 2021
AOB1:
Please guys I need your advice, I am a government worker and my monthly salary is #55,000 but I usually get some allowance anytime I went for an assignment, infact am presently in one assignment right now and my allowance for this assignment is #65,000 so right now all my earnings every month for now is #120,000. but the problem am having right now is that I don't like the job because of the risk in it (You can lost your life at any given time) and also the job is not 100% guarantee because you can be fire at anytime, I also don't have time for myself and my family and the government did not have any proper plan for our future.
So now am thinking of buying a car so that I can be using it for online cab such as Uber and Bolt because I have discussed it with some of my family and friends and they said doing Uber and Bolt is more lucrative(financially) than my present job and I am going to have time to plan for my future and also the risk in it is not as high as my present job. please note that I will be the one to be driving my car.
Please your advice is urgently needed please you can also ask me any questions. Please my brothers may God bless our hustle.

A lot of people have advised you and I agree with them.

One thing I'll like to add is, ehailing is not a job for the lazy. If you know you're lazy, it's better you stick to your job. Else, you will one day wish you had stayed on that job.

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 10:14pm On Apr 15, 2021
OJURONGBE1:

Let me get you clearer, are you comparing driving on Uber with corporate jobs in terms of stress & fatigue?

I don't know what u define as corporate job...is it sit on ur desk and watch YouTube or do social media with little or no work till 5pm? I prefer to drive all day than work audit/account in kpmg or gtb teller if the pay is not upto 250k/month
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by EffectEn: 10:17pm On Apr 15, 2021
Please I've not been seeing any campaigns on my bolt. What am I doing wrong
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 10:21pm On Apr 15, 2021
OJURONGBE1:

I didn't ask about the pay.
Everybody here knows some Uber drivers saves 80- 100K+ monthly but driving round Lagos in this back breaking traffic & hot sun takes a toll on their health.

I don't get you o...when u work in ur office, do stand or seat? How many hours do u walk around?
Nothing stops u from taking walk breaks when driving.
If u want to compare office work that u do little or nothing with uber work just say it...stop arguing dilly dally.

Better still if u are interested in knowing how others do it year in year out , just ask rather than try to puncture holes in ones statements.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 10:22pm On Apr 15, 2021
darmilolah:
Are they still changing narratives in this forum?

Na some people specialty be that
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 10:30pm On Apr 15, 2021
1daboi:
do you know that 2drivers use one car in Lagos? Have not ordered a cab and have a different person shoe with same car u expected?

What is your point? That anybody earning what u cannot earn is cheating?
Abeg, u guys should change your perspective. Maybe u will come and live with some of us before u belief. I always find this kind of thinking insulting to hard waiting drivers.

When u see someone that does something that u think is impossible, ask how they are doing it, and stop castigating, that's how to grow. If u aren't interested then ignore it, don't rubbish it.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OJURONGBE1(m): 10:50pm On Apr 15, 2021
Pearl1910:

I don't know what u define as corporate job...is it sit on ur desk and watch YouTube or do social media with little or no work till 5pm? I prefer to drive all day than work audit/account in kpmg or gtb teller if the pay is not upto 250k/month

No right thinking person with a working brain would choose Uber over KPMG or Gtb except he/she is a contract staff.
Guy, driving on Uber has taken a lot of folks off the street & reduce the burden of unemployment but none of these fellas would want to keep driving for long.

19 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 10:52pm On Apr 15, 2021
ndubuisi2021:

All these your narration that fetched you 5k doesn't sound so sweet in my ears. It shows that for one to make 5k on ehailing, you must peel your legs.

I was buying roofing sheets the other day at Bogije, Ibeju Lekki area. Men, those guys with their rickety trucks netted close to 30k the few hours I spent there observing them carrying bought roofing sheets for people. I was billed 9k with abeg to drop my roofing sheets at Sangotedo, a journey of less than 15km. It made me wonder how notoriously stressful Uber and Bolt can be before one can earn reasonably. It made me concluded that it's really not worth it if I have to run around like a rabbit round Lagos to earn money while an artisan will be in one place a day and earn three times more in a more defined way.

I think it's better sometimes, to put the stress level and many other things in perspective when talking about earnings. This hustle is crazy and weird in many ways. No man deserves to be in it for the long haul no matter how much you earn. Take what you can take from it, have concrete plans as you are in it and leave it for good.

If u didn't experience it, u would have argued if u where told pick-up guys make 30k in a day. But from their earnings they pay their motor-boy, other union fees, and access fees in estates and streets.

Every job comes with its own stress and reward, I can't drag u if 5k profit in 4hrs doesn't interest you, everybody has what moves them. It wouldn't be bad if u pointed out a better/easier way of making more money.

You see this life ehhh...just find ur small pond and be swimming inside it, don't mind people that tell u "ur pond is too small", "d water is not clean" etc. If u must listen to anyone, its d one that swims in a river and wants to show u d way there.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OJURONGBE1(m): 10:58pm On Apr 15, 2021
Pearl1910:

I don't get you o...when u work in ur office, do stand or seat? How many hours do u walk around?
Nothing stops u from taking walk breaks when driving.
If u want to compare office work that u do little or nothing with uber work just say it...stop arguing dilly dally.

Better still if u are interested in knowing how others do it year in year out , just ask rather than try to puncture holes in ones statements.

You're the one who should read my question slowly. Can you compare the burnout, weight loss, complexion change, fatigue & stress you're subjected to driving on Uber to corporate jobs?

Corporate jobs like Banking, consulting, construction, Audit, insurance, IT, Legal services, teaching/lecturing, Health services, FCMG etc)

10 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Babadee1900(m): 11:01pm On Apr 15, 2021

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 11:16pm On Apr 15, 2021
AOB1:
Please guys I need your advice, I am a government worker and my monthly salary is #55,000 but I usually get some allowance anytime I went for an assignment, infact am presently in one assignment right now and my allowance for this assignment is #65,000 so right now all my earnings every month for now is #120,000. but the problem am having right now is that I don't like the job because of the risk in it (You can lost your life at any given time) and also the job is not 100% guarantee because you can be fire at anytime, I also don't have time for myself and my family and the government did not have any proper plan for our future.
So now am thinking of buying a car so that I can be using it for online cab such as Uber and Bolt because I have discussed it with some of my family and friends and they said doing Uber and Bolt is more lucrative(financially) than my present job and I am going to have time to plan for my future and also the risk in it is not as high as my present job. please note that I will be the one to be driving my car.
Please your advice is urgently needed please you can also ask me any questions. Please my brothers may God bless our hustle.

Pls don’t resign your job except it’s not a professional or technical job ( I mean job dt ur experience will count, dt your next employer will need recommendations or reference from your boss)
I will not advise anybody in Nigeria to resign job that you can put on CV for this hustle even if they are paying you 50k per month stay in your job wether you be teacher or secretary no resign at all. Do ur job and hustle by side, cos in next 3/5yrs your experience will help you to change jobs or If you want to relocate your experience matters.

This driving will only put food on your table and small money to pay bills but nothing on paper.

Risk dey here too, u no read say dem kill driver last week. Dis side no HMO no pension no life insurance. Na God hand we Dey.

I repeat don’t resign at all, buy your car and hustle by side. No allow dashboard deceive you ooh.
You can’t net 50k, on Your first 2 months driving your own car in Lagos, if you do law enforcement will collect half cos u must fall prey, bolt will dash u 1st warning blocking. Danfo will collect one side mirror. Until 3rd month before you go begin see small change.

12 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 11:17pm On Apr 15, 2021
Pearl1910:

If u didn't experience it, u would have argued if u where told pick-up guys make 30k in a day. But from their earnings they pay their motor-boy, other union fees, and access fees in estates and streets.

Every job comes with its own stress and reward, I can't drag u if 5k profit in 4hrs doesn't interest you, everybody has what moves them. It wouldn't be bad if u pointed out a better/easier way of making more money.

You see this life ehhh...just find ur small pond and be swimming inside it, don't mind people that tell u "ur pond is too small", "d water is not clean" etc. If u must listen to anyone, its d one that swims in a river and wants to show u d way there.

That bolded just captures the whole message. Those plank carriers he mentioned will also envy another jobbers from afar until they realise it is not always greener on the other side.

Make everyone dey manage hin own pond and swim inside.

10 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 11:18pm On Apr 15, 2021
OJURONGBE1:

No right thinking person with a working brain would choose Uber over KPMG or Gtb except he/she is a contract staff.
Guy, driving on Uber has taken a lot of folks off the street & reduce the burden of unemployment but none of these fellas would want to keep driving for long.

Baba...speak for yourself, u don't know me.
Don't quote me out of context and don't make sweeping statements or generalisations. Why did u add except? What I have accomplished in ehailing in 5yrs, I couldn't do it if I stayed in my paid employment for 10yrs...
If pay is good why not, but anything less than what am currently earning, I rather continue my driving and have peace of mind, flexibility and freedom. I can't go and sit in an office and month end u pay me 100k or 150k or even 200k when I can make that in weeks. But las las all man for himself sha. Do what works for you, No query my own, cos I no query ur own.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 11:21pm On Apr 15, 2021
AOB1:
Felicity001, babadee1900, baz001, pope191, pearl1910, donfortune48, peeps4u, deedee44, davit, kanuisagoat, northbird, druz23, blackbishop and radautoworks(even though you guys are mechanics/engineer I still need your advice) please legend in the house I need your advice on this. You can also ask me questions. Thanks

This part off me grin
What are you trying to say ?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Blackbishop(m): 11:28pm On Apr 15, 2021
B-Automobile Nigeria Limited

Cars Available

With average mileage and best you can get at a reasonable price. All in good shape

Camry 2007 V6 - 3.1mils
RX350 2011 Regular - 8.5mils
Ford Edge 2008 Limited Edition - 3.5mils
Camry 2013 - 3.6mils
Toyota Highlander Limited Edition 2004 - 3.6mils

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 11:28pm On Apr 15, 2021
1daboi:
just want to know. When was the last time you netted what you're advising this man?

Co asking grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 11:30pm On Apr 15, 2021
deedee44:

We don start grin

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 11:33pm On Apr 15, 2021
AOB1:
My brothers in the house thank you so much for your advice am very grateful, may God bless and be with everyone of you and your family

You mentioned this months back, that you wanted to get a cooperative from workplace to buy a corrolla n all. I thought you had already started sef.

1. Don't leave your job for now.

2. If you can afford it, buy a direct tokunbo. Don't allow people sweet talk you into buying naija used, if it's your first car, then buy direct tokunbo. At this early stage, don't get entangled with Lagos Kazeems

3. Don't chase target. If I were you, I would focus on driving safely ( not bashing anyone n not dragging with other road users)

Forget the income peddled here, it's not yet for you.Pardon me..... you are still a rookie, there's a learning curve.
Start when you close from work in the evening. Work mainly on weekends.

4. You must drop the typical Civil service mentality to succeed in this hustle... In E-hailing, every kobo will be earned, no leave bonus, no sick leave,no repair allowance. You do nothing, you get nothing.

5. Lastly, when you start making money, start a saving plan n follow it vigorously. The savings is for the exit plan. The hustle is a stop - gap.

If one isn't careful, E-hailing has a way of sucking one in, you will make money; yes, but in terms of skills /personal development, one will be found wanting.

20 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 11:40pm On Apr 15, 2021
BlackBishop Motors

Blackbishop:
B-Automobile Nigeria Limited

Cars Available

With average mileage and best you can get at a reasonable price. All in good shape

Camry 2007 V6 - 3.1mils
RX350 2011 Regular - 8.5mils
Ford Edge 2008 Limited Edition - 3.5mils
Camry 2013 - 3.6mils
Toyota Highlander Limited Edition 2004 - 3.6mils

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 11:49pm On Apr 15, 2021
OJURONGBE1:

You're the one who should read my question slowly. Can you compare the burnout, weight loss, complexion change, fatigue & stress you're subjected to driving on Uber to corporate jobs?

Corporate jobs like Banking, consulting, construction, Audit, insurance, IT, Legal services, teaching/lecturing, Health services, FCMG etc)

See guy, I worked in a Consulting firm, we closed 11pm some days even when closing time is 5pm, we worked Saturdays and Sundays when there is a deadline or on a project, slept in hotels and travelled out of town almost every month. No time for yourself, family or social life. I didn't have one single flesh. Work was stressful die, I was on same cloth size for more than 5yrs, my weight didn't add, I come dey fear say I get HIV grin. If u too sick they go yab u say u be aje butter, omo they worked my ass off every single kobo they paid me.
It wasnt my passion and the only thing I miss in resigning is career progression...but I don't regret because, if its pay and achievement I have passed my contemporaries and ehailing has compensated me very very well.
Almost all my riders keep saying are you sure u r the one in this picture, u look younger, fatter and fresher in real life, I just dey smile. I tell them I was suffering when I took that picture.

I know there are jobs u just chill and flex, work small and get fat pay at the end of the month but they are few (and I dey find that type; IT/better oil company) Majority of the jobs out there are stressful and small salary. And when I speak, I am speaking out of my experience, I am not saying people should resign from their jobs and do ehailing but there are some conditions u look at and know that ehailing is better. At the end its still a personal decision when u look at what drives u, ur goals and aspirations.
You can also tell us ur experience and preference.

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 11:55pm On Apr 15, 2021
OJURONGBE1:

When I read this in traffic rider had to ask me what’s so funny. I laugh I wan fall for wheel. Una get mouth chaaaiiiii

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 11:59pm On Apr 15, 2021
darmilolah:

You just Dey do yourself. Never will you be paired with those riders you gave one star again

My oga, good to hear from you.
Na one of d veterans for ehailing be dis ooh.
Na him start to dey light OVEN.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 12:02am On Apr 16, 2021
ndubuisi2021:

All these your narration that fetched you 5k doesn't sound so sweet in my ears. It shows that for one to make 5k on ehailing, you must peel your legs.

I was buying roofing sheets the other day at Bogije, Ibeju Lekki area. Men, those guys with their rickety trucks netted close to 30k the few hours I spent there observing them carrying bought roofing sheets for people. I was billed 9k with abeg to drop my roofing sheets at Sangotedo, a journey of less than 15km. It made me wonder how notoriously stressful Uber and Bolt can be before one can earn reasonably. It made me concluded that it's really not worth it if I have to run around like a rabbit round Lagos to earn money while an artisan will be in one place a day and earn three times more in a more defined way.

I think it's better sometimes, to put the stress level and many other things in perspective when talking about earnings. This hustle is crazy and weird in many ways. No man deserves to be in it for the long haul no matter how much you earn. Take what you can take from it, have concrete plans as you are in it and leave it for good.

I came late to the show today ooohh,
Cos I’ve been busy running around like rabbit grin grin grin
I don reach house now, sleep no go gree come...
You will be hearing imaginary gbagan gbagan bolt alert in ur brain.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 12:11am On Apr 16, 2021
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 12:14am On Apr 16, 2021
Pearl1910:

Hard work and luck ke... If u add hard work and luck then u are talking about 100k in a week o. 55k in a week is normal work, no stress. Go out 8am close 6pm from Monday to Friday

If you are a newbie, intending driver or partners/owner believe this at your own peril or detriment nii, which one ?
Ask guys on rentals/HP how much dey have left without stress every week (month) after remittance and they are not the ones doing maintenance oh.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 12:15am On Apr 16, 2021
1daboi:
y'all should take it easy on how you mention money here. Do you know the strength of the man? Did you also tell him how some drivers sleep in the streets to get those dashboards? Did you tell him the number of hours a driver can put everyday? 15, 16hrs a day?

I don tire to talk. I know people that followed dashboard and regretting bitterly.

Imagine bolt weekend bonus
Friday 5am - 9pm on Saturday
Complete 26 rides
Stay online for 25 hours
Abeg how many hours do we have in a day dt u will give 1 day & 1 hour driving in 2 days to get bonus of 5k
I can bet it with u dt drivers are clearing d bonus steadily.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by AOB1: 2:27am On Apr 16, 2021
BAZ001:

This part off me grin
What are you trying to say ?
What am trying to say is that I knew they were not doing e-hailing like you guys, they are engineers but I still need their advice, because they have one or two experience about you guys.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 4:55am On Apr 16, 2021
AOB1:
What am trying to say is that I knew they were not doing e-hailing like you guys, they are engineers but I still need their advice, because they have one or two experience about you guys.

Lol I get, it’s the mechanic or engineer part grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Kozil2(m): 5:35am On Apr 16, 2021
deedee44:

Kozil2

Thank you very much, I have sent him a dm

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 7:07am On Apr 16, 2021
BAZ001:

I came late to the show today ooohh,
Cos I’ve been busy running around like rabbit grin grin grin
I don reach house now, sleep no go gree come...
You will be hearing imaginary gbagan gbagan bolt alert in ur brain.

Haha, you get the gist na bros.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 7:18am On Apr 16, 2021
Pearl1910:

It's okay bro, not really dragging or arguing. Just trying to analyze issues from a general perspective.

And actually your profit was N2500 from that 5k. Don't forget the 2k fuel that was used, at least 1k for miscellaneous on top of the 5k after all the running around. How much come remain? Bolt almost made more from you than you did for yourself with the N1,600 they took from the 8k. That's why one will not see the money after netting 10k a day. Na only about 2k go dey your pigeon hole. You will be wondering where the money had gone.

I'm just using the earnings that you posted as a case study which will be helpful to all of us going forward. Don't take it personal please.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ElenuParrot(m): 7:39am On Apr 16, 2021
One thing that I just know is that you can not know the accurate temperature of a river until you deep your leg into it. Whatever the temperature is, it affects us in different ways. The same water that you think is very cold might seem warm to me. It all depends on each person's level of adaptability.
What am I trying to say? You can't know how well you can succeed in this job until you start doing it. It's easy to conjure figures out of your imaginations based on what you hear or read on a daily basis but you can never understand the realities of those figures until you start trying to earn them.
I left a corporate job in 2016 to start E-Hailing because of the things I was told by a neighbor who was into it. My job was very stressful & I had to work every day of the week with just one day off. I was desperately looking for an alternative because the job was killing me & I was no longer happy with myself. One of my off days happened to be a neighbor's birthday so we were all gathered in the compound having general discussions. That was how I found out about E-Hailing & I did some research on the internet. After a few weeks, I decided to start by hustling on my off days. Fortunately, my boss traveled & was away for a few months so I had the entire weekend to myself. By the time he got back, I was had my resignation letter prepared.
Right now, I've not driven for about a year because I got tired of the intricacies of the job. The insults, the extortion by lastma & Co, the traffic, etc. I just got tired & the lock down made me realize how stressful and mentally draining the job had been for me. By the time the lock down was over, I was too mentally lazy to go back to the hustle.
From personal experience, there's money in the E-Hailing hustle but it's easier to make money than save it. If you don't have a very strict personal financial discipline, all you'd see is the figures on your dashboard.
Before you leave your corporate job for E-Hailing there are a few questions you need to answer.
1. Do you love driving? - Driving has to be fun & a hobby to you if you must enjoy the job.
2. Do you ha e the strength for long hour driving?
3. How well can you manage your temper.
4. How well can you handle your own PR?
5. Do you have the mental confidence to manage crisis?
6. How tolerant are you?
7. Are you sure you're physically fit?

The answer to these questions will go a long way to help you determine whether or not you're going to be able to handle the E-Hailing hustle.
The truth is, anyone can survive the hustle if they are really determined to.

20 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (3554) (3555) (3556) (3557) (3558) (3559) (3560) ... (5749) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.