Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,271 members, 7,934,138 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 06:57 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (4303) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (5052098 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4300) (4301) (4302) (4303) (4304) (4305) (4306) ... (5763) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by humblesteve(m): 4:40am On Dec 10, 2021
IFEBARBIE:
continuation

Leaving abj, same guy picked me up in town to the airport. This time he told me to go despite telling him that I've checked in online. While on the plane, he sent his details.

Getting to GAT, Lagos, at about 10pm, I started requesting ride on bolt, hmmmmm, the bolt cabal there should be feared by all. It made me understand the usual driver gathering at the airport

So, after trying like 8 times on 1.7 surge, one came over and told me that I should pay him 5k, whereas, the price on the app indicated 3.5k. I checked Google maps, no reds. I told him no deal, I wanted the trip online, he arrived and cancelled later tried again it entered their clique again.

At 10:30pm, I opted for Bendel insurance. Trekked to ikeja under bridge, entered korope. The total amount I spent to my area finished at 300h.

I just did my usual grin

Truth be told some of us are mean.

Next time I'm traveling, I'll park my car at the airport and get a trip out than go through hell from some drivers.
Same thing I did the last time I came back from Enugu, tried bolt and there was surge, I didnt bother talking to the regular airport riders my first and last experience with them was bad. I and my friend had to walk to along take a bike to my house for #600

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 5:50am On Dec 10, 2021
YeyeGbami:

In few days everywhere must stew.
By this time it's supposed to be stewing nau

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ReadaDream(m): 7:12am On Dec 10, 2021
Please anyone that has a better understanding of this new 3% from Bolt should kindly enlighten the house. sad
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 7:19am On Dec 10, 2021
Gentlelife50:
Brethren what's going on? By this time normally everywhere is supposed to be surging, but app is white most times. Sometimes I have to go offline and come back again to check if there's something wrong with my app or phone. Abi we don enter the winter??

The thing dey surprise me but let's see what happens from next week

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 7:20am On Dec 10, 2021
Pearl1910:

We are always quick to complain when the fare is incomplete but never have we told Bolt/Uber to do fare review that the fare was excessive especially if the Rider has paid already.

We will start doing that when riders start complaining to Bolt they were undercharged cheesy

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Bobbiet(m): 7:55am On Dec 10, 2021
My experience last night in Benin on bolt

[12/9, 10:55 PM] Bobby: The request was I should bring food to medical.. by after 8
[12/9, 10:56 PM] Bobby: I carried food from gt plus ugbor to medical.. trip 1700
[12/9, 10:57 PM] Bobby: I got to destination, the boys said I should do ofline to ring road and back with them..
[12/9, 10:58 PM] Bobby: Na so I drive o!.. e be like na cocain joint sef
[12/9, 10:58 PM] Bobby: I charged them 2k after trip making total of 3700.
[12/9, 10:59 PM] Bobby: Mean while at the destination in ring road, they were cashless. Asking me to give 3k so that transfer go be 6700. I say I no get
[12/9, 11:00 PM] Bobby: So they did not buy what we drove to ring road to buy.
[12/9, 11:01 PM] Bobby: Reaching medical, oya pay.

They said transfer. I don know say nothing they with them. Food sef, the vendor no see alert.
[12/9, 11:02 PM] Bobby: Oya transfer, I call my details and I come hear the usual "DONE"
[12/9, 11:07 PM] Bobby: Me: let me see alert
Guy: e never come( was busy editing)
After minutes,
Guys : see alert.
Me: I'll confirm on my phone app.
Na so I wait with them no alert.

They said its network. I'll get it. I don already loose hope but doing my last fight.

Na so them start dey Waka. As I shout reach, no human being came out. Na so I just let them go with the 3700
[12/9, 11:10 PM] Bobby: The 2 of them carried big stones asking me to follow them.. 3700 is not worth the risk

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 7:58am On Dec 10, 2021
davit:
For some of us taking transfers, note that some bank transfers do reverse, especially if riders use Access ban or Kuda bank. I had this funny experience with a rider who transferred from Kuda today. Thank God Na guy wey get church mind. He did the transfer in my presence and I saw successful. Na so I comot for another trip. Minutes later alert no reach. I had to call him. He asked me to come over cos he would prefer I take him else again.

Twas when I got to his place I narrated fully to him that the transfer didn't go through.

After ending the new trip with him, then he tried transferring to me thrice. Each was successful. But lo and behold, they were all reversed.

The last one later went through as I saw the alert in my bank app.

So, watch your eye out there.

Ive done over a 100 transactions with Kuda in the last 2-3 months and never for once have I experienced this but well, this is December so anything can happen. The one that gets me annoy the most is waiting for hours to get alert.

Some 3/4 days ago it took over 4hrs b4 I cud get an alert from Access bank and I've observed for a very long time now that Access bank and Zenith bank are not transactions friendly at all sometimes it even get reverted
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by geezyk(m): 8:11am On Dec 10, 2021
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by geezyk(m): 8:17am On Dec 10, 2021
Ghost1994:

Bros with this your explanations, in my own humble I don’t think those guys have done something really wrong that will warrant you dropping them at the express.

Have encountered several riders that’ll claim that oga I don’t know when you start your trip with attitude but the best response from my side will be: sir/ma seems you’re carried away with your call/whatever he or she was doing before I started the trip.

I’ll keep my mouth shut till we get to the final destination to avoid any arguments.

Most of the times we drivers put emotions and overreact based on the experience we encounter with probably the last rider or frustrated Lastma.

All in all, we’re here to make money but you lose 8klm from where you picked them to the express you dropped them off
In all fairness, I was VERY RIGHT to drop them, when that talk started about not showing them, the other mumu said, "sebi I wasn't on call, how did I not see" and point plank I told him, if you weren't keenly following your friends' conversation you would have heard me, as i don't need to shout, I lifted up my phone, showed them at the back and explicitly told them I'm starting, but the problem the other was talking about on phone thats making him agitated was logistics, I sure wasn't the one supposed to pick them up as the got messed up by the company's driver, but baba wan transfer aggression ontop my head, I stood firm and ordered them down. They were saying all sorts of rubbish, that it's how we do and whatnot

8km? If it was about that, na to dey jump Okada and bus go visit my friends for abule egba and ogba cos I no wan lose fuel,

I don't want a situation where after calming them down and continuing the trip, and the fare is a bit different from the estimate we go start wahala, so I cut it short immediately, I can't asslick cos they're old men in their late 40s to early 50s. If they were younger, I would have put them through, make another person teach them abeg.

They felt entitled, and I said, not in my goddamn car.

12 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by geezyk(m): 8:20am On Dec 10, 2021
Barbiturate:

You're wise and very matured upstairs.

I'm sorry sir. You were on call when I started the trip. I started at so so time. Case don finish!

I'll say it again; they will give you shit because they feel they are paying for your service......just be humble! Sorry goes a long way! Pride destroys a lot.
It's not about maturity, I have the right to decline you service if its not worth it, you can't mess with me mentally and expect me to continue with the trip while also accusing me of fraud. One day you go chop exactly same breakfast and you'll narrate it here.

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 8:21am On Dec 10, 2021
Pearl1910:

We are always quick to complain when the fare is incomplete but never have we told Bolt/Uber to do fare review that the fare was excessive especially if the Rider has paid already.
Why you dey talk like this?
Some smart riders also complain and get refund though it may come as bonus.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 8:22am On Dec 10, 2021
kanuisagoat:

The thing dey surprise me but let's see what happens from next week
Okay ooo
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mejai(m): 8:25am On Dec 10, 2021
geezyk:
In all fairness, I was VERY RIGHT to drop them, when that talk started about not showing them, the other mumu said, "sebi I wasn't on call, how did I not see" and point plank I told him, if you weren't keenly following your friends' conversation you would have heard me, as i don't need to shout, I lifted up my phone, showed them at the back and explicitly told them I'm starting, but the problem the other was talking about on phone thats making him agitated was logistics, I sure wasn't the one supposed to pick them up as the got messed up by the company's driver, but baba wan transfer aggression ontop my head, I stood firm and ordered them down. They were saying all sorts of rubbish, that it's how we do and whatnot

8km? If it was about that, na to dey jump Okada and bus go visit my friends for abule egba and ogba cos I no wan lose fuel,

I don't want a situation where after calming them down and continuing the trip, and the fare is a bit different from the estimate we go start wahala, so I cut it short immediately, I can't asslick cos they're old men in their late 40s to early 50s. If they were younger, I would have put them through, make another person teach them abeg.

We shall all get there o... I mean the age.
And Gentlelife50 no go like this.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mejai(m): 8:28am On Dec 10, 2021
Bobbiet:
My experience last night in Benin on bolt

[12/9, 10:55 PM] Bobby: The request was I should bring food to medical.. by after 8
[12/9, 10:56 PM] Bobby: I carried food from gt plus ugbor to medical.. trip 1700
[12/9, 10:57 PM] Bobby: I got to destination, the boys said I should do ofline to ring road and back with them..
[12/9, 10:58 PM] Bobby: Na so I drive o!.. e be like na cocain joint sef
[12/9, 10:58 PM] Bobby: I charged them 2k after trip making total of 3700.
[12/9, 10:59 PM] Bobby: Mean while at the destination in ring road, they were cashless. Asking me to give 3k so that transfer go be 6700. I say I no get
[12/9, 11:00 PM] Bobby: So they did not buy what we drove to ring road to buy.
[12/9, 11:01 PM] Bobby: Reaching medical, oya pay.

They said transfer. I don know say nothing they with them. Food sef, the vendor no see alert.
[12/9, 11:02 PM] Bobby: Oya transfer, I call my details and I come hear the usual "DONE"
[12/9, 11:07 PM] Bobby: Me: let me see alert
Guy: e never come( was busy editing)
After minutes,
Guys : see alert.
Me: I'll confirm on my phone app.
Na so I wait with them no alert.

They said its network. I'll get it. I don already loose hope but doing my last fight.

Na so them start dey Waka. As I shout reach, no human being came out. Na so I just let them go with the 3700
[12/9, 11:10 PM] Bobby: The 2 of them carried big stones asking me to follow them.. 3700 is not worth the risk
See wickedness. Na dis Kain thing go make person jam dey with motor. Na hospital and police go settle the matter.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eyinola: 8:38am On Dec 10, 2021
Pearl1910:

Lolz...what you should first check is if the Distance and Time of that trip added up to N4,500
how do u mean? No be 20% be d agreement? See my 1st trip this morning now getting 762 instead of 800 naira

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mejai(m): 8:52am On Dec 10, 2021
eyinola:
how do u mean? No be 20% be d agreement? See my 1st trip this morning now getting 762 instead of 800 naira
Ur booking fee nko? I believe it is part of what reduce it to 7**

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by thoollz: 8:53am On Dec 10, 2021
geezyk:

Guyman u did well, let's reason this thing sef, were they expecting you to move that far without clicking on the start trip button? Once you are in my car, it's automatic I start the trip from my side, Nigerians just like trouble sha.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tunlapapa: 9:18am On Dec 10, 2021
Pearl1910:

Lolz...what you should first check is if the Distance and Time of that trip added up to N4,500

Your arguments sometimes baffles me.
What has trip details got to do with the gross already displayed used in calculating the net.
Bolt is sincerely an insincere company.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by geezyk(m): 9:25am On Dec 10, 2021
thoollz:

Guyman u did well, let's reason this thing sef, were they expecting you to move that far without clicking on the start trip button? Once you are in my car, it's automatic I start the trip from my side, Nigerians just like trouble sha.
Upon say I arrived when they entered my car oo, and they saw notification that I have oo.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 9:25am On Dec 10, 2021
The kind of animal riders we have in this country is quite alarming. Absolute morons

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by geezyk(m): 9:26am On Dec 10, 2021
mejai:

We shall all get there o... I mean the age.
And Gentlelife50 no go like this.

Lol old age no be automatic sense oo.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Ghost1994: 9:35am On Dec 10, 2021
geezyk:

Old people are babies… and being old doesn’t make anyone smart or intelligent… I understand your point but all I know is you can still manage them.

Just take things easy oh… Winter is coming whereby everyone will be dragging 1 rider

Safe drive wink

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 9:36am On Dec 10, 2021
kanuisagoat:

We will start doing that when riders start complaining to Bolt they were undercharged cheesy

Lolz...so it goes both ways. I just meantioned that cos of Barbiturate... obviously 6k was excessive for that trip without surge but baba still dey complain say him money no plenty reach.
Funny guy
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by geezyk(m): 9:39am On Dec 10, 2021
Ghost1994:

Old people are babies… and being old doesn’t make anyone smart or intelligent… I understand your point but all I know is you can still manage them.

Just take things easy oh… Winter is coming whereby everyone will be dragging 1 rider

Safe drive wink
Lool, I understand you baba mi, I hope say winter time, everywhere go soft for me, so I no go dey road dey drag 500 naira trip with everybody. grin

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 9:45am On Dec 10, 2021
eyinola:

The point is, when u collect 1k, is the trip normally upto 1k?
Cos Bolt is now charging Riders extra 3% which u collect from Rider but it's not for u. So when they deduct it from ur balance it seems like they are charging u more than 20%.

So check your distance and time and u will see ur money isn't upto 1k

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 9:53am On Dec 10, 2021
thoollz:

The accusation is that he must have started the trip before picking them up.

He did well by dropping them...

For me, if a Rider insists I started d trip before picking them up after I have explained that the app notified them when I got to their location, so its not possible that I started d trip before getting to them. I will jejely ask "do u want me to end the trip cos I don't have strength to argue when it's time to pay?" Cos at that point I know it's one star already, I will not lose twice. I go collect my money.

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 10:24am On Dec 10, 2021
Pearl1910:

Lolz...so it goes both ways. I just meantioned that cos of Barbiturate... obviously 6k was excessive for that trip without surge but baba still dey complain say him money no plenty reach.
Funny guy

Yeah, I get your point.

I've had my fair share of such trips. N700 naira trip miraculously ending N1000 or a N1200 trip ending N1600.

If the rider no like am they have a channel to express their displeasure. cheesy

Me I don move

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 10:27am On Dec 10, 2021
Pearl1910:

The accusation is that he must have started the trip before picking them up.

He did well by dropping them...

For me, if a Rider insists I started d trip before picking them up after I have explained that the app notified them when I got to their location, so its not possible that I started d trip before getting to them. I will jejely ask "do u want me to end the trip cos I don't have strength to argue when it's time to pay?" Cos at that point I know it's one star already, I will not lose twice. I go collect my money.

I always try to educate the ones I can. Everything they need to know is right there on their app.

No need asking stupid questions like have you started the ride?

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 10:54am On Dec 10, 2021
cutegoddy:
See me see wahala oh I go do road worthiness after paying 6500 they print out paper say I get unpaid bill and would not be issued road worthiness certificate say make I go pay 20k. And my current RWC dey expire on 17th of this month. Person say maybe I don comot one traffic offence wey I no remember.

If them say make u give am to sb to help you now sabi u go shout say d person na thiefgrin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 10:55am On Dec 10, 2021
cutegoddy:
See me see wahala oh I go do road worthiness after paying 6500 they print out paper say I get unpaid bill and would not be issued road worthiness certificate say make I go pay 20k. And my current RWC dey expire on 17th of this month. Person say maybe I don comot one traffic offence wey I no remember.

If them say make u give am to sb to help you now sabi u go shout say d person na thiefgrin tell them to provide proof or offense committed or charge you to court.

No court will rule over a case without proof
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 11:02am On Dec 10, 2021
kanuisagoat:

Fbn insurance. See the fine print here. You wonder what I'm paying for

As if I knewgrin

Insurrance company enh! Reason the sector is not striving in Nigeria because we Nigerians are smart people. It can only work in sane countries where everybody has a personal lawyer to look into things properly for them b4 they put pen on papers. You can't afford a lawyer? The government got ur back! But in naija?! Never!
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 11:03am On Dec 10, 2021
tunlapapa:

Your arguments sometimes baffles me.
What has trip details got to do with the gross already displayed used in calculating the net.
Bolt is sincerely an insincere company.

U guys should be calming down...all the answers u need are right there but because u have fixed ur mind, u will not see it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (4300) (4301) (4302) (4303) (4304) (4305) (4306) ... (5763) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: oluwaseunla(m), MMXX, efec(m), pope191, Welz(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.