Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,336 members, 7,891,504 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 02:02 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (491) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4944748 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (488) (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) (494) ... (5738) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by justifiedcoyy(m): 12:11pm On Feb 11, 2018
aofrank:
Guys please help do justice to this, is Toyota corolla 2003, 2004 & 2005 models acceptable on über and taxify.
yes they are.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:12pm On Feb 11, 2018
jarkbauer:
My question is does gazzuzz need to charge for diagnosis when he already know the problem is to change the compressor.

airconditioning is not that simple.
Replacing the compressor does not guarantee it will last long, a lot is involved. Most people are used to the crude method replacing parts. There is cause and effect. Effect could be a damaged compressor, but what is cause? wink

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jarkbauer: 12:27pm On Feb 11, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

airconditioning is not that simple.
Replacing the compressor does not guarantee it will last long, a lot is involved. Most people are used to the crude method replacing parts. There is cause and effect. Effect could be a damaged compressor, but what is cause? wink
This is the truth.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by iyaegin: 12:36pm On Feb 11, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Since 10k has become a bone of contention, let me help you.

Tell your technician to provide you with the following information and I will tell you exactly what to change on your air-conditioning system that will make it function perfectly.

1.present Colour of compressor oil. E.g clear, light brown, dark.

2. Discharge all refrigerant, pull a vacuum @ 13psi on high and low side wait 3hours and record readings.

3. Pull vacuum again and recharge system with 0.5gramms of 134a refrigerant.

4. Start engine, record exact engine speed.

5. Turn on a/c leave to run for 2mins record engine spped.

6. Record values of a/c pressures on high and low side with ambient temperature @ 29-30degrees celcius.

7. Record values of a/c pressures on high and low side with ambient temperature @ 32-40degrees celcius.

8. Record cabin temp in number 6 above.

9. Record cabin temp in number 7 above.

10. Set engine speed to 2000rpm and record values of high and low sides of airconditioning.

11. Ensure coolant temp readings for every step is recorded.

12. if "2" above drops to about -1 to -6psi in three hours, install U.V dye in system, run airconditioning system for another 3hours then use U.V light to detect patches of U.V dye on a.c lines and compressor area. Record all results.

13. Disassemble glove of compartment, use electronic sniffer to check for leaks from evaporator.

14. Discharge all refrigerant, block off entry and exit points on a/c line to evaporator, pull vacuum and record values after 3hours.

15. Disconnect lines to compressor, block off lines, pull vacuum and record values after 20mins

16. Disconnect lines to condenser, pull vacuum and recored values. After 20mins

17. Do a visual inspection of fins of radiator and condenser. Clear all blockage.

You do not have to pay a diagnosis fee to me.

Just provide more info and I will tell you what the exact faulty parts are.

Gazzuzz.

10k Diagnosis is now talking to shut down all opposition

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Carshopper(m): 12:41pm On Feb 11, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Tell your technician to provide you with the following information and I will tell you exactly what to change on your air-conditioning system that will make it function perfectly.

2. Discharge all refrigerant, pull a vacuum @ 13psi on high and low side wait 3hours and record readings.

6. Record values of a/c pressures on high and low side with ambient temperature @ 29-30degrees celcius.

7. Record values of a/c pressures on high and low side with ambient temperature @ 32-40degrees celcius.

10. Set engine speed to 2000rpm and record values of high and low sides of airconditioning.

12. if "2" above drops to about -1 to -6psi in three hours, install U.V dye in system, run airconditioning system for another 3hours then use U.V light to detect patches of U.V dye on a.c lines and compressor area. Record all results.

13. Disassemble glove of compartment, use electronic sniffer to check for leaks from evaporator.

14. Discharge all refrigerant, block off entry and exit points on a/c line to evaporator, pull vacuum and record values after 3hours.

15. Disconnect lines to compressor, block off lines, pull vacuum and record values after 20mins

17. Do a visual inspection of fins of radiator and condenser. Clear all blockage.

Gazzuzz.

Isolation of a problem starts from bottom to top .... grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:42pm On Feb 11, 2018
iyaegin:

10k Diagnosis is now talking to shut down all opposition

enemy or friend? grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:45pm On Feb 11, 2018
If you must use camry for uber, buy a 2.0liter

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by slamstanlee(m): 1:01pm On Feb 11, 2018
This one na doctorate assignment
GAZZUZZ:

Gazzuzz.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jarkbauer: 1:33pm On Feb 11, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Gazzuzz.

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Carshopper(m): 1:41pm On Feb 11, 2018
GAZZUZZ:
If you must use camry for uber, buy a 2.0liter

Hmmm ... let's discuss this option
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:59pm On Feb 11, 2018
slamstanlee:
This one na doctorate assignment

It is a procedure. I skipped all the hard parts.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Ifeanyimark(m): 2:10pm On Feb 11, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Gazzuzz.

Nnamen, for only ac? I need to ask my ac man if he knows all these? Abeg, full all round car diagonis (engine, suspensiom every evey)na how much? If u like, bone me again
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pattybf(f): 2:21pm On Feb 11, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Gazzuzz.

This epistle oga, u sure e no pass 10k?

Meanwhile, personal experience has failed. @Ifyeez, ur 2k don ready!

10k loading. ..
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by thebigkendo(m): 2:40pm On Feb 11, 2018
entparrot:

Here is the problem.

ifyeez asked 4 help, and gazzuz asked for 10k to help.

Help ifyeez asked for, happen to be wat I have experienced in the past, so I advise him on what to do and 1800naira will be the solution.

GAZ.ZUZZ sent his partner thebig.kendo to discredit me, (look @  thebig.kendo profile, they have been connected)

I still insist on the option, then his final damage control was to throw 10k out, if my advice work, 10k in gazzuz stupid honour.

GA.ZZUZZ refuse to give any reasonable answer, but was quick to bet on my option.

To proof me wrong, he should explain his 10k diagnosis.

Hahaha me that I gave reasonable answer without asking for 10k.. You said am a mechanic and I was lying, now your topping up gas & cleaning filter option did not work.. I used Same car with ifyeez and I was talking from experience also.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Ifeanyimark(m): 2:43pm On Feb 11, 2018
pattybf:

10k loading. ..

Finally, all still fit be format
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by entparrot(f): 2:50pm On Feb 11, 2018
thebigkendo:

Hahaha me that I gave reasonable answer without asking for 10k.. You said am a mechanic and I was lying, now your topping up gas & cleaning filter option did not work.. I used Same car with ifyeez and I was talking from experience also.

What is the reasonable answer you gave?

What I said, will not only help ifyeez, it could save some people some little cash.

I'm no mechanic, I only share my experience about my corollas , ifyeez problem is related, to mine.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:04pm On Feb 11, 2018
entparrot:

ifyeez I will send you the 2k to do the advise, I just gave you. If it work return my money, if didn't work, keep the 2k.

I have paid the price when I own my first car 8years ago, lies upon lies, just to take ur money.

I'm sharing my experience, so Uber guys won't be loosing most of their earnings to mechanics, my corollas behave that way sometimes, whenever I apply the same method, everything works fine.

U don't need any damn diagnosis to fix that ac, dirty cabin filter is one of the common thing, that makes ac not cool very well
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ayanola: 3:07pm On Feb 11, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Gazzuzz.

Normal theoretical troubleshooting steps though.............

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 3:13pm On Feb 11, 2018
pattybf:

10k loading. ..
Lol
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by thebigkendo(m): 3:14pm On Feb 11, 2018
entparrot:

What is the reasonable answer you gave?

What I said, will not only help ifyeez, it could save some people some little cash.

I'm no mechanic, I only share my experience about my corollas, ifyeez problem is related, to mine.

You were not sharing experience, you were overconfident about your solution, you talk down anybody with a contrary opinion, forgetting your experience was with TOYOTA corollas, some others have experience with the same car Ifyeez uses.. Cheers and have a great day

U don't need any damn diagnosis to fix that ac, dirty cabin filter is one of the common thing, that makes ac not cool very well

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by entparrot(f): 3:19pm On Feb 11, 2018
Carshopper:

@entaparrot it didn't work oooo ... I think u said something about 2k

@ifyeez

I have come to learn things the hard way so this days I go with the easy.. One thing I have learnt is 'expensive on the short run is cheaper in the long run'

Paying a certain amount for a skill set that will stop ur worries is best cuz it also comes with warranty.

Going to a professional doctor is best over going to roadside chemist

If you have an idea, there is nothing wrong doing thing the easy way.

September 2017, my timing chain cut on motion, I called all the so called super mechanics, some quoted bill of 120k repair cost, some 80k. Some condemn my cylinder.

After consulting 4 different mechanics, I settled for one, went to ladipo myself, bought the parts myself.
4 engine valve=3000naira (tokunbo)
Timing chain=3500 naira (new)
Chain adjuster=2500naira (new)
Top gasket = 2500naira (new)
Blue gum=500
Workmanship 7000naira.

I spent less than 20k and my car is up and running.

If I had listen to GAZZUZZ 10k diagnosis and towing of my car to his workshop 20k will just be the start.

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by iamoracle: 3:22pm On Feb 11, 2018
@gaazuzz @carshopper, u Neva replied my question, how much do u think it will cost me to change d shocks of my 2009 KIA RIO. Also, I am having d same issue with DAT of ifyeez, my AC cools well in d morning and dawn but blows abnormally in hot sun and traffic. What might be d problem pls, 2009 KIA RIO, thanks.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:39pm On Feb 11, 2018
entparrot:

If you have an idea, there is nothing wrong doing thing the easy way .

September 2017, my timing chain cut on motion, I called all the so called super mechanics, some quoted bill of 120k repair cost, some 80k. Some condemn my cylinder.

After consulting 4 different mechanics, I settled for one, went to ladipo myself, bought the parts myself.
Blue gum=500
Workmanship 7000naira.

If I had listen to GAZZU.ZZ 10k diagnosis and towing of my car to his workshop 20k will just be the start.

i can tell you a lot wrong in what you just quoted.

That an engine runs does not mean it is in superb condition.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Owoado(m): 3:46pm On Feb 11, 2018
If we can move on from this current debate it will really help a lot of us. Entparrot was trying to help, but didn't have to discredit or bring down Gazzuzz. If u can't afford hamburger, eat bread and akara. Doesn't mean the guy selling hamburger is wrong.

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by entparrot(f): 4:12pm On Feb 11, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

i can tell you a lot wrong in what you just quoted.

That an engine runs does not mean it is in superb condition.

For me my car is super functional.

5months on, no sign of slowing down. Only oil change.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Carshopper(m): 4:29pm On Feb 11, 2018
entparrot:

If you have an idea, there is nothing wrong doing thing the easy way.

Blue gum=500
Workmanship 7000naira.

If I had listen to GAZZUZZ 10k diagnosis and towing of my car to his workshop 20k will just be the start.

I think what we fail to see or realise is for every specliased field there is always an INDUSTRY STANDARD.

If I come to meet u for legal advise, u will advise to an extent and charge me for further talks. It's just basic requirements ... man must chop

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Carshopper(m): 4:33pm On Feb 11, 2018
iamoracle:
@gaazuzz @carshopper, u Neva replied my question, how much do u think it will cost me to change d shocks of my 2009 KIA RIO. Also, I am having d same issue with DAT of ifyeez, my AC cools well in d morning and dawn but blows abnormally in hot sun and traffic. What might be d problem pls, 2009 KIA RIO, thanks.

Shocks front last one I did was 18k

AC ... bring it to the workshop for diagnosis wink
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by abilityC: 5:11pm On Feb 11, 2018
Guys im trying to figure profitability or not please help me out.
55naira per Km
Car counsumes 14L per 100km
assuming fuel price is at 150

Hence 14 * 150 = 2100 (Fuel cost)
55 * 100 = 5500 (Gross earnings)
0.25 * 5500 = 1375 (Uber commission)

2100 + 1375 = 3475 (Assumed total cost)

5500-3475 = 2025 (Profit or assumed Net Earnings)
Does that mean to get 20,250 Naira profit i need to drive 1000 KM?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:19pm On Feb 11, 2018
abilityC:
Guys im trying to figure profitability or not please help me out.
55naira per Km
Car counsumes 14L per 100km
assuming fuel price is at 150

Hence 14 * 150 = 2100 (Fuel cost)
55 * 100 = 5500 (Gross earnings)
0.25 * 5500 = 1375 (Uber commission)

2100 + 1375 = 3475 (Assumed total cost)

5500-3475 = 2025 (Profit or assumed Net Earnings)
Does that mean to get 20,250 Naira profit i need to drive 1000 KM?

driving a Picanto? You cannot get it in stop and go traffic on any car
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by abilityC: 5:28pm On Feb 11, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

driving a Picanto? You cannot get it in stop and go traffic on any car
Ahhh i expect a better performance on Picanto, im assuming with an example of an average of 14L per 100km consumption it could be worse or better
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:36pm On Feb 11, 2018
abilityC:
Ahhh i expect a better performance on Picanto, im assuming with an example of an average of 14L per 100km consumption it could be worse or better

nehi maranda grin

Worse in lagos. You can manage to get 10-1
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by abilityC: 5:41pm On Feb 11, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

nehi maranda grin

Worse in lagos. You can manage to get 10-1
HMMM u mean like 10 ltrs for every 1km Baba u wanna kill somebody? shocked

(1) (2) (3) ... (488) (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) (494) ... (5738) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.