Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,154 members, 7,890,894 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 11:25 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (513) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4942749 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (510) (511) (512) (513) (514) (515) (516) ... (5738) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Stealth100: 3:34pm On Feb 21, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

what oil and oil grade was used.
Recommended engine oil is 5w30 full synthetic to cover maximum mileage of 5,000miles.

Get involved in your vehicle repairs.

Boss we all know the full synthetic is the recommended oil but its not cheap at all. I use the normal 4500 Mobil on all my cars. I have never had any engine issues and I hope and pray it remains that way. My Camry muscle is going to two years now.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Stealth100: 3:37pm On Feb 21, 2018
Joseankles:
Hello Bro, can you link me up to the dealer you bought the corolla from. I would love to get

I am my own dealer. I was only lucky to get that corolla for that price, I was even looking for a cheap Matrix before luck smiled on me grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by oluwaseunla(m): 3:38pm On Feb 21, 2018
Stealth100:

Boss we all know the full synthetic is the recommended oil but its not cheap at all. I use the normal 4500 Mobil on all my cars. I have never had any engine issues and I hope and pray it remains that way. My Camry muscle is going to two years now.

Open your oil cover, check for sludge inside the oil cover. That sludge will eventually kill that engine. It is a gradual but sure process.

Besides, the synthetic lasts longer in the car and gives you better fuel economy.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Stealth100: 3:44pm On Feb 21, 2018
Who else is at Ikeja GRA? This place dull no be small. Adeniyi Jones is my base in Ikeja but traffic won't let me drive there right now sad

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Stealth100: 3:45pm On Feb 21, 2018
oluwaseunla:

Open your oil cover, check for sludge inside the oil cover. That sludge will eventually kill that engine. It is a gradual but sure process.

Besides, the synthetic lasts longer in the car and gives you better fuel economy.

Chairman I kuku know these things. Will try and do the right thing henceforth before I run out of luck grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by orshore(m): 3:48pm On Feb 21, 2018
Good pm my people . Is a manual car advisable for Uber or Taxify . A Toyota Yaris manual car to be precise. Your responses will be appreciated. Thanks in advance
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 3:50pm On Feb 21, 2018
Stealth100:

Bro I am not saying partners should start giving out their cars for 35k. I was only replying to that partner that was getting worried about the sharp increase in number of cars being registered on the platform.

My point is that if push comes to shove, we will only have to reduce remittance from 40k to 35k and doing that doesn't mean we still won't break even and make profit.

In other words, more cars are welcomed. It won't affect the profitability of the business.

I would like to see how your Civic fare, might consider it when its time to buy another car.
Well the civic never start yet. We still screening drivers. If you have a good driver I don't mind o. The civic looks very promising in terms of ruggedness . And the parts full everywhere. I was advise to get a bigger tires for the car. And not to change the rims. It's very low on the ground compare to other cars. And finally I was advise to maximise profit, I should get civic new body shape from 2006 upwards . But 06 civic upwards engine room is very tight for mechanic to work around. So these will be my last civic on the platform. I only get these civic tokunbo cheap. To tell you the cost I bought it in the states will be a crime. Other than that there is nothing more about the civic apart that it's a 1.7liter engine. For me it's better to get cars from at least 07 . If your landing cost is low enough. Competition might be heating up soon . If more cars are coming in . Riders will eventually be picky. More cars more choices for riders to pick from. That is my observations for now.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:54pm On Feb 21, 2018
Carshopper:

What about total quartz 9000

This oil is mineral oil with cleaning additives found in synthetic oil.

Smart guys refused to write anything relevant at the back. And in front SYNTHETIC TECHNOLOGY.

Like saying JAPAN QUALITY grin

If you do not belive, take sample to a laboratory.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 4:09pm On Feb 21, 2018
orshore:
Good pm my people . Is a manual car advisable for Uber or Taxify . A Toyota Yaris manual car to be precise. Your responses will be appreciated. Thanks in advance
To maximise profit.... Hell No ... days of manual driving in Nigeria is gone and buried. It's tough enough driving for long hours and you still have to shift gear up and down. Manual gear will wear out easily compare to Automatic . And drivers will use that as an excuse when negationing rental fee. Even if the driver loves manual gear . That is my two cent in it

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by oluwaseunla(m): 4:15pm On Feb 21, 2018
dru23:

To maximise profit.... Hell No ... days of manual driving in Nigeria is gone and buried. It's tough enough driving for long hours and you still have to shift gear up and down. Manual gear will wear out easily compare to Automatic . And drivers will use that as an excuse when negationing rental fee. Even if the driver loves manual gear . That is my two cent in it

The bolded above is incorrect sir.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:20pm On Feb 21, 2018
work complete.

Ambient temp 32deg Celsius .

Cabin temperature 8.3deg Celsius

Engine speed 650-750rpm

High side 177psi low side 29psi.

Work continues......

Cc ifyeez.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ifyeez: 4:28pm On Feb 21, 2018
Stealth100:
Who else is at Ikeja GRA? This place dull no be small. Adeniyi Jones is my base in Ikeja but traffic won't let me drive there right now sad
The traffic in Ikeja is just madt, I left Ikeja and went to yaba, it took about 40min before rider requested a ride, luckily for me, he was going to my home axis, I just went home from there to cool off the hot sun.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ifyeez: 4:34pm On Feb 21, 2018
GAZZUZZ:
work complete.

Ambient temp 32deg Celsius .

Cabin temperature 8.3deg Celsius

Engine speed 650-750rpm

High side 177psi low side 29psi.

Work continues......

Cc ifyeez.

I know say you be expert, I can’t challenge you in ur field, my ac guy didn’t do all this self

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ifyeez: 4:38pm On Feb 21, 2018
The engine oil I use for both my Honda and my dads Toyota Mark x.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by slamstanlee(m): 5:10pm On Feb 21, 2018
ifyeez:
how much sir
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by protocol(m): 5:22pm On Feb 21, 2018
ifyeez:
gazzuzz come and see groundnut oil.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:31pm On Feb 21, 2018
protocol:

My hand no de there o! grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by slavemerchant: 5:33pm On Feb 21, 2018
dru23:

All what you wrote here is a big fat lie, I drive a manual car and its very profitable, the only downside in driving a manual car is the stress that comes with driving in traffic, aside that it's a sweet sweet experience, stop misinforming people, manual gear does not wear out easily Mr Oga

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by orshore(m): 5:42pm On Feb 21, 2018
slavemerchant:

All what you wrote here is a big fat lie, I drive a manual car and its very profitable, the only downside in driving a manual car is the stress that comes with driving in traffic, aside that it's a sweet sweet experience, stop misinforming people, manual gear does not wear out easily Mr Oga

Thanks for that advice. Well my question is taking another dimension. I use a very sound Toyota Avalon and it’s a V6 engine. What are my chances of making profit with it on uber if I’ll be driving it myself .
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Stealth100: 5:47pm On Feb 21, 2018
These people have used mouth to scatter my baby. It just keeps going off in traffic. It does this once in a while before but it has gotten worryingly frequent now sad

Oga Gazzuzz, please can I get an appointment for tomorrow? Early morning preferably.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:14pm On Feb 21, 2018
Stealth100:
These people have used mouth to scatter my baby. It just keeps going off in traffic. It does this once in a while before but it has gotten worryingly frequent now sad

Oga Gazzuzz, please can I get an appointment for tomorrow? Early morning preferably.

Terms and conditions apply

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by omonla10(m): 6:31pm On Feb 21, 2018
paroh137:

Boss Corolla of what year?
I started taxify alone with my personal well used 05 Corolla sport.. Offline and online income almost 450k..thats less than 6 weeks. So it's very feasible. Let's say fueling and commission gulp 150k..thats in excess of 300k..not bad afterall. Considering I'm still a newbie
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 6:42pm On Feb 21, 2018
What do you think about this oil guys. This is what I’ve been using for my Camry muscle since 2016 when it landed from yankee.drove full time on Uber for a month in 2016 July. And just got fully back on Uber last December (weekends only).i always top the oil when the gauge is low and it never reaches 3000km/5000miles before I change the oil n filter.Note:when I started using the car I don’t have to top the oil before serving because it’s on normal gauge but for like a year now I have to top the oil b4 I service.Should I switch to other type/high type of oil?. Suggestions are appreciated

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by oluwaseunla(m): 6:51pm On Feb 21, 2018
Vuso:
What do you think about this oil guys. This is what I’ve been using for my Camry muscle since 2016 when it landed from yankee.drove full time on Uber for a month in 2016 July. And just got fully back on Uber last December (weekends only).i always top the oil when the gauge is low and it never reaches 3000km/5000miles before I change the oil n filter.Note:when I started using the car I don’t have to top the oil before serving because it’s on normal gauge but for like a year now I have to top the oil b4 I service.Should I switch to other type/high type of oil?. Suggestions are appreciated

If your car has a visible oil leak, fix it.

But if the engine is burning oil, sorry, damage is already done. The best thing you can do in that instance is to switch to Cepsa brand. The oil short should reduce, but please, stay on the 20W-50 you are using, at least until you are ready for engine overhaul / replacement.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Carshopper(m): 6:57pm On Feb 21, 2018
oluwaseunla:

If your car has a visible oil leak, fix it.

But if the engine is burning oil, sorry, damage is already done. The best thing you can do in that instance is to switch to Cepsa brand. The oil short should reduce, but please, stay on the 20W-50 you are using, at least until you are ready for engine overhaul / replacement.

Oh na just now I sabi who u be ... well done sir
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by oluwaseunla(m): 6:59pm On Feb 21, 2018
Carshopper:

Oh na just now I sabi who u be ... well done sir

Boss. Respect!!!
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 7:04pm On Feb 21, 2018
slavemerchant:

Well we can agree to disagree respectfully . Over all if you have 100 drivers . And you ask them manual or automatic. Am sure 80 of them will say automatic. Driving manual for commercial purposes no be easy thing o. To rest my case .
I have two Toyota camry same grade and quality color etc . One is automatic and the other is manual. Which one do you think will sell faster? If you can honestly look deep down your tribal mind and answer the question. You have solve the issue

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ifyeez: 7:06pm On Feb 21, 2018
protocol:
The groundnut oil has not failed me or killed any of my engines, I used it on my Camry 2.2 for 3 years before I sold it, used it on my mom RAV4 too.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Stealth100: 7:15pm On Feb 21, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Terms and conditions apply

Lol.. Sha no pursue me with too much billing. Na small boy I be
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 7:16pm On Feb 21, 2018
orshore:

Thanks for that advice. Well my question is taking another dimension. I use a very sound Toyota Avalon and it’s a V6 engine. What are my chances of making profit with it on uber if I’ll be driving it myself .

If you can count the amount of manual cars vs automatic on the road. The one that has the most on the road should answer your question. Same with v6 engine and v4. Sometimes the answers we look for in life is right under our nose. We just have to smell it

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GurionNG: 8:05pm On Feb 21, 2018
GAZZUZZ:
down time on 1 of my vehicles.....

A.c not cooling under hot sun..

One of the advantages of fixing ya own car....

Please, what is the cause of this? Am experiencing the same problem with my car and the AC repairer has worked on it, but the problem still persist. Please advise me on what to do. Thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by akanniade10(m): 10:11pm On Feb 21, 2018
GurionNG:

Please, what is the cause of this? Am experiencing the same problem with my car and the AC repairer has worked on it, but the problem still persist. Please advise me on what to do. Thanks

10k diagnosis grin

8 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (510) (511) (512) (513) (514) (515) (516) ... (5738) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Jaysharp(m), GodWealthDbest and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.