Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,957 members, 7,873,085 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 07:52 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (5714) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4908763 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5711) (5712) (5713) (5714) (5715) (5716) (5717) ... (5725) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Omoapena(m): 9:04pm On May 30
konkoabove:

Bolt wahala! Their pricing is an headache sometimes. Some weeks back, I got a delivery request from somolu to VI. The app showed 5900. On ending the ride, I saw 8400. The guy's face changed. Even me sef shock. He started giving me the vibe that I intentionally manipulated the app. There was no shalaye I didn't do to convince him otherwise. I told him to complain to bolt so that they can track the route I took.

After all the talk, time to pay, the guy told me he wants to go up and use his office internet to transfer to me. For where? Oga I get hotspot, collect password and pay b4 you leave.

Omo
This one self was giving me same vibe that I manipulated the app, I was looking so stupid while explaining myself but it got to a point I just changed face and told him to report the price to bolt cox I wasn't the one who gave him that price, at some point he was asking me if I will collect the 12900, I told him that my own money out of that 12900 isn't upto 10k so if I should collect less than that it means I'm loosing na.

Baba was frustrated to pay me, nah so he slam my door, I was just happy we didn't do that offline coz we go too argue on what to pay as we turn back...

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 9:42pm On May 30
Omoapena:
See me see wahala o
I dey try educate one rider say bolt price is somehow fixed now and we should do offline, the guy ordered from ladipo to ajah under bridge, the gave him estimate of 11200 and I said we should do offline based on that price but he said he might not reach that ajah and the price will not be upto that, I tried as much as possible to make him understand but he couldn't then we started the trip online, on getting to 3mb, he got a call n asked me to divert back from that ramp that leads to ebutte metta back to ladipo, he was still telling me that this is the reason why he doesn't wa g offline, I didn't argue but me I know by the time we go back n I end the trip, bolt will bring the price they charged him for ajah, on getting back to ladipo, I ended the trip and they charged him 12900, he was shocked and was telling me he can't pay that, I just told him to complain to bolt n not me coz no be me charge am....

I knew this will be causing issues

Is this a good thing or a bad thing?

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Omoapena(m): 10:12pm On May 30
Pearl1910:

Is this a good thing or a bad thing?

🤣🤣

E dey middle of good and bad, good for driver but bad for rider...
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 11:15pm On May 30
Omoapena:

🤣🤣

E dey middle of good and bad, good for driver but bad for rider...

So why are u taking panadol for another mans headache

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sunnymighty(m): 1:04am On May 31
Glithronix:

My rewire said fog light can't be used on this. sad
I was thinking it's something that they would just cut the shape out of that portion on the bumper.
He said no. That if they cut the shape out, it would disfigure the bumper.
Abeg is it true? sad
He said those ones I see were custom-made, that they came with the bumpers like that.
Thank God say I neva buy the fog lights yet.

Much respect, sir.

Sorry for the late reply, this bumper is not design for such bro.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Omoapena(m): 2:46am On May 31
kiss
Pearl1910:

So why are u taking panadol for another mans headache

Lol, do you even understand the issue at all, you can't expect a rider to pay exactly what you charge for actual destination when he's stopping half way, if such rider refuse to pay, isn't that an issue to the driver..

To avoid such, they should revert back to old pricing

Hopefully, you experience it too then you will know if it's taking Panadol for another man's headache when rider refuses to pay the money...

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 9:23am On May 31
Omoapena:
kiss

Lol, do you even understand the issue at all, you can't expect a rider to pay exactly what you charge for actual destination when he's stopping half way, if such rider refuse to pay, isn't that an issue to the driver..

To avoid such, they should revert back to old pricing

Hopefully, you experience it too then you will know if it's taking Panadol for another man's headache when rider refuses to pay the money...

Lolz... U are just a typical "nothing wey man go do wey dem no go talk" if u do bad them go talk, if u do good, dem go talk.
Abeg on Indrive, if u pick a trip from Ladipo to Lekki and rider tells u to turn back on third mainland bridge, how will u settle it?

The advantage on Bolt is, never fight or quarrel with Rider because of fare as Bolt will reimburse u fully in the event Rider doesn't pay.

U clearly wanted to convert the trip to offline, so shouldn't u be grateful that Rider refused. Because I wonder if u would have even gotten half of the fare u got if it was an offline trip.

Lastly, let me educate u. if u want a correct fare whether u r going farther or shorter or a different direction than what Rider put when he requested, always ask the rider to change the destination on the app and u will get your exact fare at the end of the trip. So if u told ur Rider to change destination back to Ladipo, the fare wouldn't have been upto that.

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Omoapena(m): 10:14am On May 31
Pearl1910:

Lolz... U are just a typical "nothing wey man go do wey dem no go talk" if u do bad them go talk, if u do good, dem go talk.
Abeg on Indrive, if u pick a trip from Ladipo to Lekki and rider tells u to turn back on third mainland bridge, how will u settle it?

The advantage on Bolt is, never fight or quarrel with Rider because of fare as Bolt will reimburse u fully in the event Rider doesn't pay.

U clearly wanted to convert the trip to offline, so shouldn't u be grateful that Rider refused. Because I wonder if u would have even gotten half of the fare u got if it was an offline trip.

Lastly, let me educate u. if u want a correct fare whether u r going farther or shorter or a different direction than what Rider put when he requested, always ask the rider to change the destination on the app and u will get your exact fare at the end of the trip. So if u told ur Rider to change destination back to Ladipo, the fare wouldn't have been upto that.

🤦🤦🤦

You're still not getting my point, doing offline or not wasn't the context or problem, the context is, for something like this not to be happening cox it will cause argument between driver n rider, bolt should revert to their old pricing method where the app calculates the distance covered and the time...

I was happy the man didn't do offline but the argument that happened after the trip was the issue...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Glithronix: 2:55pm On May 31
sunnymighty:

Sorry for the late reply, this bumper is not design for such bro.
Yeah. I've now realized.

Much respect, baba.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by konkoabove: 3:28pm On May 31
Omoapena:

Omo
This one self was giving me same vibe that I manipulated the app, I was looking so stupid while explaining myself but it got to a point I just changed face and told him to report the price to bolt cox I wasn't the one who gave him that price, at some point he was asking me if I will collect the 12900, I told him that my own money out of that 12900 isn't upto 10k so if I should collect less than that it means I'm loosing na.

Baba was frustrated to pay me, nah so he slam my door, I was just happy we didn't do that offline coz we go too argue on what to pay as we turn back...
Thank God you even told him ahead, else it would have been war. His small conscience will be telling him something like; but the guy actually warned you, you didn't listen. I think bolt should inform their riders about the development to avoid fracas.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Omoapena(m): 4:04pm On May 31
konkoabove:

Thank God you even told him ahead, else it would have been war. His small conscience will be telling him something like; but the guy actually warned you, you didn't listen. I think bolt should inform their riders about the development to avoid fracas.

Exactly, this will be causing serious issues and bolt won't know what's happening, their own is to take their commission.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 6:03pm On May 31
Omoapena:

🤦🤦🤦

You're still not getting my point, doing offline or not wasn't the context or problem, the context is, for something like this not to be happening cox it will cause argument between driver n rider, bolt should revert to their old pricing method where the app calculates the distance covered and the time...

I was happy the man didn't do offline but the argument that happened after the trip was the issue...

Read the last paragraph of my post again incase u missed it.
If u read it and still want to speak turenchi or argue the fact then, there's nothing I can do for u again. U are on ur own.

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Omoapena(m): 11:02am On Jun 01
Pearl1910:

Read the last paragraph of my post again incase u missed it.
If u read it and still want to speak turenchi or argue the fact then, there's nothing I can do for u again. U are on ur own.

I read your last paragraph and let me tell you, the app price won't still be accurate cox it won't read that distance covered from ladipo to 3mb and back to ladipo.

It will only read time accurately while the distance will be under 1km, (showing ladipo to ladipo as final distance) I've also experienced this and that would have been a total loss for the driver.

The best is for the app to revert back to old pricing method where the app start to read immediately you click start ride and records every distance covered till you end it, whether you're going farther of shorter, that will always be accurate.

You can try that method you said and watch if the km it calculates will be accurate..

I've basically put everything into practical and I know this for a fact...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sunnymighty(m): 5:13pm On Jun 01
Happy weekend folks, been having endless battle with my fuel gauge, initially we thought it was the dashboard cluster, but from all indication it appears it's a wiring issue. I don't even know the litres of fuel I have in my tank. I just ensure I buy atleast 5k fuel if the Car must be driven. If you have a good rewire that knows his onion, pls help me, it is becoming a stubborn problem. Car is at Fagba, along Iju Ishaga road. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mejai(m): 5:55pm On Jun 01
sunnymighty:
Happy weekend folks, been having endless battle with my fuel gauge, initially we thought it was the dashboard cluster, but from all indication it appears it's a wiring issue. I don't even know the litres of fuel I have in my tank. I just ensure I buy atleast 5k fuel if the Car must be driven. If you have a good rewire that knows his onion, pls help me, it is becoming a stubborn problem. Car is at Fagba, along Iju Ishaga road. Thanks in anticipation.
B4 u throw things around, even scanner might not detect it, first check your fuel sender unit aka 'sim card' in ur fuel pump assembly. Have it tested and get the exact code. The chip was not expensive in those days but now, I can't say how much. Look for an electrician that is good with fuel pump to locate it.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sunnymighty(m): 5:58pm On Jun 01
mejai:

B4 u throw things around, even scanner might not detect it, first check your fuel sender unit aka 'sim card' in ur fuel pump assembly. Have it tested and get the exact code. The chip was not expensive in those days but now, I can't say how much. Look for an electrician that is good with fuel pump to locate it.

Ok sir sorry I forgot the Car is Toyota Camry Big Daddy, will do as said.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mejai(m): 6:18pm On Jun 01
sunnymighty:

Ok sir sorry I forgot the Car is Toyota Camry Big Daddy, will do as said.
No wahala.. the shiny part

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sunnymighty(m): 6:36pm On Jun 01
mejai:

No wahala.. the shiny part

Thanks for the heads up, they are making it look as if the problem has no solution, can't imagine driving a Car around with a bad fuel gauge.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Seun362: 6:38pm On Jun 01
Barbiturate:

Hhhmmm! Maybe you are treating riders anyhow. What people complain about is acceptance rate not driver score.

I'm not sure that appeal letter will work, but then you can try.

Google is your friend

It actually works, just plead that you will work towards building your driver score if giVen another chance.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by risingstarrr: 7:26pm On Jun 01
Good evening house. I have Lexus is250 2007 that I want to use and start Uber. Please I want to know una opinion on that instead of staying at home doing nothing. If there’s anyone that have done the same business using similar car please I want to hear your opinion as well. The car is for me but My fear is if I can make make anything after buying fuel and bolt removing their percentage
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donbrowser(m): 7:39pm On Jun 01
risingstarrr:
Good evening house. I have Lexus is250 2007 that I want to use and start Uber. Please I want to know una opinion on that instead of staying at home doing nothing. If there’s anyone that have done the same business using similar car please I want to hear your opinion as well. The car is for me but My fear is if I can make make anything after buying fuel and bolt removing their percentage

You can use the car but one thing must happen, either the car run you into dẹ́bts or you begin to beg your innocent village people after 1 month.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Itsrm(m): 7:56pm On Jun 01
risingstarrr:

You'll be surprised your car if in good condition has better fuel efficiency than some 4 cylinder cars people use for ehailing.

My advice is for you to give it a trial. Start with Friday/Saturday/Sunday to see how it goes before you either call it off or add less profitable days.

And remember to drive gently. Cars with v6 engines can give you decent mpg if you don't slam your leg on the pedal everytime the red turns green and on the brake when green turns red.

Goodluck.

NB: I am assuming the car is in Lagos where people make decent money from ehaling.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by risingstarrr: 8:55pm On Jun 01
donbrowser:

You can use the car but one thing must happen, either the car run you into dẹ́bts or you begin to beg your innocent village people after 1 month.

Please sir can you elaborate on it. Thank you

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by risingstarrr: 8:56pm On Jun 01
Itsrm:

You'll be surprised your car if in good condition has better fuel efficiency than some 4 cylinder cars people use for ehailing.

My advice is for you to give it a trial. Start with Friday/Saturday/Sunday to see how it goes before you either call it off or add less profitable days.

And remember to drive gently. Cars with v6 engines can give you decent mpg if you don't slam your leg on the pedal everytime the red turns green and on the brake when the green turns red.

Goodluck.

NB: I am assuming the car is in Lagos where people make decent money from ehaling.

Thank you sir. Yes the car is in Lagos.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Omoapena(m): 9:22pm On Jun 01
@Gazzuzz

Good evening sir, CNG station will be available at Mobile Filling station Challenge Bus Stop Mushin by July 1st, installation ongoing at the moment and would be fully ready by July 1st...

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Omoapena(m): 9:26pm On Jun 01
Itsrm:

You'll be surprised your car if in good condition has better fuel efficiency than some 4 cylinder cars people use for ehailing

And remember to drive gently. Cars with v6 engines can give you decent mpg if you don't slam your leg on the pedal everytime the red turns green and on the brake when the green turns red.

Goodluck.

A friend of mine is using Avalon with V6 engine and he makes decent earning with the car. So, I don't doubt what you said....
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Youngxx: 10:39pm On Jun 01
Good evening everyone! Abeg I get 1m like dis. So I nor kno if I fit get Toyota car for dis business ? I go dey pay the remaining balance every week for like a year or two.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Itsrm(m): 8:43am On Jun 02
Omoapena:

A friend of mine is using Avalon with V6 engine and he makes decent earning with the car. So, I don't doubt what you said....

That IS250 is even a 2.5l engine with factory rated mpg of 21 in the city. To put into perspective, big daddy which is commonly used for ehaling has the same mpg of 21.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Seun362: 9:15am On Jun 02
Good morning guys, pls I need a vehicle to drive, I reside around Lakowe, Bogije, Ona Osa axis.

You can reach out to me via this number
0901-817-4218

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Resurgent2016: 9:49am On Jun 02
risingstarrr:

The person that wants to give you advise cannot even manage a clean toyota corolla v4 car if given. The person that made the mistake of entrusting him with a good uber spec car, he almost sent the owner back to his village.

Follow who know road and you'll be fine even with your car, particularly since you owe no one.

Only drive selective routes and during profitable time periods in the day and you should be fine

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donbrowser(m): 2:21pm On Jun 02
risingstarrr:

First ask yourself why many people are not buying that car not to talk of using it for ehailing. Many people here will give you contrary advice because they want to score cheap points against me.

Use the car after 3 months and let us know. Best of luck

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donbrowser(m): 2:23pm On Jun 02
Resurgent2016:

The person that wants to give you advise cannot even manage a clean toyota corolla v4 car if given. The person that made the mistake of entrusting him with a good uber spec car, he almost sent the owner back to his village.

Follow who know road and you'll be fine even with your car, particularly since you owe no one.

Only drive selective routes and during profitable time periods in the day and you should be fine
Na here we go dey.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5711) (5712) (5713) (5714) (5715) (5716) (5717) ... (5725) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.