Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,157 members, 7,890,920 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 01:04 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (580) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4942947 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (577) (578) (579) (580) (581) (582) (583) ... (5738) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by MobilityExpress: 10:14am On Mar 21, 2018
nitigriti:
So usually I work late evenings - till 11:00pm. Here are my own safety tips for night trip requests -
1) All requests must emanate from an office or residential building. For example, I once had a drop off at VGC around 10:30pm. On my way back to Lekki, I had a request around Ajah bus stop. I called the person to ask where he was, he told me "by the expressway". After asking how I would recognize him, I told him I was coming. When I got to the spot he described, I passed him slowly. He was dressed in jeans and tshirt, he was alone. His destination was Lekki phase 1, but where was he coming from? I just didn't feel comfortable, so I drove past him and off I went. Nasty SMSs followed a few minutes later ...

More tips coming

Good advice but do you remember the story of Jumia delivery guy that was killed in a residential building? So this your tip doesn’t guarantee safety, because some criminals operate from offices and buildings.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by MobilityExpress: 10:33am On Mar 21, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

As a driver with intent to take a HP deal, put all these factors into consideration before you sign the dotted lines. Also visit MFM

grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 10:34am On Mar 21, 2018
lovedayugo:
I need urgent and fast reply, on Uber site dey said they now accept cars from year 2000 till date, does that mean i can use my Totoya Camry 2001 evelop light for uber ? Please advice needed

Factually, yes; realistically, no

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Philla80: 10:37am On Mar 21, 2018
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 10:39am On Mar 21, 2018
MobilityExpress:

Good advice but do you remember the story of Jumia delivery guy that was killed in a residential building? So this your tip doesn’t guarantee safety, because some criminals operate from offices and buildings.

I'm not entering any building to usher out a rider, the rider comes out to me.
Let's say after all precautions taken, my riders come out and they happen to be Anini and 2 of his boys, my Kickstarter can develop fault - engine will not crank; engine can even start and die on the expressway, 2 minutes after the journey started ... etc. I have all these tricks in my hands

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 10:47am On Mar 21, 2018
Philla80:
I have a Camry 2004 (4plugs) this car is tokunbo and just landed last week, in perfect condition, I'm giving out the car on rental for uber/taxify, contact me if ure a driver on uber and taxify, and you live around ojodu, magodo isheri, it's 35k per week, call me on 08035066863
A few words of advice. Do not give that car noting less than 35k a week. Do not let any drivers tell you market is slow and you should do it for 25k to 30k. Factor in that you will need to do the maintance especially oil change yourself every two months or so. And to avoid sludge in your car mobile 1 5w30 and it does not come cheap. You might say wetin concern me.
Am an investor and am looking out for other investors too.
A word is enough for the wise

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by MobilityExpress: 10:47am On Mar 21, 2018
daguru:

A lot of people (at least 10) called with different stories that touch as to why they didn't have an upfront payment for the 2 Camrys I bought 4 weeks ago. Almost gave one to the guy thay posted here with plenty plenty grammar looking for HP without upfront. Decision to turn him down was because he didn't any on the job experience. Would have given one of them to him if he had actual experience driving on any of the platforms.

Right now both Camrys are gone. Took me two weeks to find the right people with upfront deposit and 1 week to close the deal with them. Both cars are now working on the platform.

I have now bought another Camry and am sure I'll find the right person before the end of March.

I wouldn't even be advertising the cars of I was willing to give them out on HP without upfront cuz there is a lot of people looking for that type of deal.

I really salute your business courage with your hire purchase venture. Not trying to discourage you or anything (or spoiling opportunity for anyone trying to take your HP cars) but just adding a little side tip about it, if you permit. From my experience with transportation, in many cases HP deals usually start well but usually never end well. So thread carefully with this type of investment, so you don’t lose money and/or cars. Good luck!
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by entparrot(f): 11:04am On Mar 21, 2018
MobilityExpress:

I really salute your business courage with your hire purchase venture. Not trying to discourage you or anything (or spoiling opportunity for anyone trying to take your HP cars) but just adding a little side tip about it, if you permit. From my experience with transportation, in many cases HP deals usually start well but usually never end well. So thread carefully with this type of investment, so you don’t lose money and/or cars. Good luck!

Both HP and rental usually start well, but always end badly.

In rental you will even thread more carefully, to succeed.

HP is an advantage to the drivers, a real hardworking driver, with less responsibility will easily succeed.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by debeo: 11:13am On Mar 21, 2018
daguru:

A lot of people (at least 10) called with different stories that touch as to why they didn't have an upfront payment for the 2 Camrys I bought 4 weeks ago. Almost gave one to the guy thay posted here with plenty plenty grammar looking for HP without upfront. Decision to turn him down was because he didn't any on the job experience. Would have given one of them to him if he had actual experience driving on any of the platforms.

Right now both Camrys are gone. Took me two weeks to find the right people with upfront deposit and 1 week to close the deal with them. Both cars are now working on the platform.

I have now bought another Camry and am sure I'll find the right person before the end of March.

I wouldn't even be advertising the cars of I was willing to give them out on HP without upfront cuz there is a lot of people looking for that type of deal.

Wait oooo are you saying the guy Andalusia or something doesn't have any form of experience?

If he's the one, please friends and well wishers, tell him, taking hp w/o any form of e-hailing experience not driving experience is SUICIDAL.

Theory is way different from practical.
Packaging will not service the car or do repairs as under hp he will do everything and still remit rental, slightest default, he looses everything!

If he's the one ooo, there's a problem cos I remember taking my sweet time to advise him on the importance of starting with rental and I mentioned Experience.

But he compounded my secondary school understanding of the issue with more oyibo and subliminal side boots.

Like I said earlier, e-hailing business has evolved in Nigeria to been pure street!!!

Udo Ụmụnnem.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by cross8701: 11:15am On Mar 21, 2018
dru23:

We don't believe you... you need more people

Man child you are back again. Are your mates not in school (primary). Instead of going to school you're on the internet sending out pointless memes, it's the reason you can't spell or write properly.....

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Wifesnatcher: 11:57am On Mar 21, 2018
dru23:

A few words of advice. Do not give that car noting less than 35k a week. Do not let any drivers tell you market is slow and you should do it for 25k to 30k. Factor in that you will need to do the maintance especially oil change yourself every two months or so. And to avoid sludge in your car mobile 1 5w30 and it does not come cheap. You might say wetin concern me.
Am an investor and am looking out for other investors too.
A word is enough for the wise

Investor without brains

10 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 12:06pm On Mar 21, 2018
cross8701:

Man child you are back again. Are your mates not in school (primary). Instead of going to school you're on the internet sending out pointless memes, it's the reason you can't spell or write properly.....
Another uber driver on the prow

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 12:12pm On Mar 21, 2018
Wifesnatcher:

Investor without brains

Lazy uber / taxify driver ..... You people take dru23 too seriously... not good at all. So sensitive

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Stealth100: 12:49pm On Mar 21, 2018
cross8701:

Hello do you mind sending me a copy of your HP agreement. I'm considering letting out a corolla on HP. Email address is bizzeze@gmail.com. I'll be most grateful. Thanks

Daguru please I would like a copy of your HP agreement too.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Wifesnatcher: 1:08pm On Mar 21, 2018
dru23:

Lazy uber / taxify driver

If you are so hard-working you won't have the time to be online replying everyone, you even have the bloody time to search for memes for your responses, your thinking faculty has been compromised and you will live to be average till you die

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Haderbayor123: 1:13pm On Mar 21, 2018
May be YES, may be NO. But if you talk now, the car owners will ask what the drivers are bringing to the table forgetting that drivers life is more than their investment. I pray God will protect us all from every danger on the road and may the soul of the driver Rest In Peace.

carixma:
Now d Taxify driver has been murdered, is any form of compensation to d family of driver from Taxify or d car owner?

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Haderbayor123: 1:23pm On Mar 21, 2018
This boss is always on point. I love your intelligence and wisdom. Keep it up bro

GAZZUZZ:
hire purchase is a very good way of owning your own vehicle.

With consistent earnings and very few car faults, a focused driver can easily achieve this.

Problems with hire purchase.

1. Loss of focus. When the driver becomes lazy and is only driving to earn his hire-purchase fees for the week (forgetting to put aside some money for maintenance and repairs)

2. vehicle break down. Major repairs (engine/transmission/suspension) could take a toll on the drivers ability to meet up with his H.P payments.
major repairs could result from negligence from driver (longer oil change intervals, ignoring sounds from vehicle, avoiding preventive maintenence proceedures.

3. major accidents without comprehensive insurance (this one explains it's self)

4. Health challenges.

5. A change in E-hailing policies overnight (40per slash by uber)

6.Village people.

As a provider of HP try and add clauses to help your driver achieve his goals.

As a driver with intent to take a HP deal, put all these factors into consideration before you sign the dotted lines. Also visit MFM.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Stealth100: 1:36pm On Mar 21, 2018
Oga Gazzuzz please how much do you think it will cost to refurbish a 2010 Honda city?

Your response would really help my decision.
Thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:39pm On Mar 21, 2018
Stealth100:
Oga Gazzuzz please how much do you think it will cost to refurbish a 2010 Honda city?

Your response would really help my decision.
Thanks

the 2010 honda city is like buying the 2012-17 rio. Useless car.

Please do not confuse the 2006/7/8/9 city with the 10.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by NextProdigy(m): 1:41pm On Mar 21, 2018
brogxy:

Yes you can, but it is the riders that will chase you out of uber

That is not true. As long as the car is in good condition, you keep it clean and the driver has a good attitude, the ratings will be fine.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by NextProdigy(m): 1:49pm On Mar 21, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

What makes the 2012 Kia Rio useless?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Stealth100: 1:56pm On Mar 21, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Really? What makes the 2010 city so useless ?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by slamstanlee(m): 2:17pm On Mar 21, 2018
My second rider today was like: wait lemme rate u well before i get down. 5 star+ excellent service badge. Funnily i didn't even like him when he entered the car at first, plus i wasn't ok with the card trip that early hour. He got my 5star too. Lol

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 2:23pm On Mar 21, 2018
Wifesnatcher:

If you are so hard-working you won't have the time to be online replying everyone, you even have the bloody time to search for memes for your responses, your thinking faculty has been compromised and you will live to be average till you die

This is the reason why I have so much time....

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ifyeez: 2:27pm On Mar 21, 2018
slamstanlee:
My second rider today was like: wait lemme rate u well before i get down. 5 star+ excellent service badge. Funnily i didn't even like him when he entered the car at first, plus i wasn't ok with the card trip that early hour. He got my 5star too. Lol
cry
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Bhorbymills1990: 2:37pm On Mar 21, 2018
How advisable is driving a personal car Benz c230 on uber and taxify
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 2:39pm On Mar 21, 2018
NextProdigy:

That is not true. As long as the car is in good condition, you keep it clean and the driver has a good attitude, the ratings will be fine.

Allow me to respectfully disagree. As a 300+ 5-star trips Uber driver, I can authoritatively say that that car will not survive 30 days on either Uber or Taxify. Driver's rating too will definitely go down ... good attitude or not
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by slamstanlee(m): 2:40pm On Mar 21, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

my first car was 2008 city... Hmm. One funny thing about it: you cant see the bonnet from inside even if you stretch your neck like a giraffe. That car gave me uber rating 3.30... Had serious suspension problems ehn.. Causes roaring noise on interlocked roads and speed bumps. I didn't know a bad car = bad ratings. Partner said i should keep driving after some weeks we will fix. Then uber kicked me out. 1 week later i got back in. Then i said oga: this car could be giving me bad rating o. He was just looking at me like i was speaking in tongue. Ok lets fix it he said. Cost=over 40k.
Na house i dey dem carry chacha corolla sport com give me. Now, 2 on my uber/taxify profile. Hallelujah

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Ifeanyimark(m): 2:42pm On Mar 21, 2018
dru23:

We don't believe you... you need more people

How dare u steal nas line? Ether
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Carshopper(m): 2:43pm On Mar 21, 2018
Captured 2007 hyundai elantra ..... New signing...

Cc dru23
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 2:53pm On Mar 21, 2018
Carshopper:
Captured 2007 hyundai elantra ..... New signing...

Cc dru23

Lol .... Me too capture another 1 08 omo I cry o.. Too expensive but milage is 111k. Hopefully before May ending it go land... to give u heads up. All ships are delay.. Bad weather and storm.. So if u expecting any cars soon from the port. You will have to wait .Most shipping dates have been pushed back. Snow storm go land my side self .especially East coast

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 2:54pm On Mar 21, 2018
Ifeanyimark:

How dare u steal nas line? Ether

Sorry bro takeover

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (577) (578) (579) (580) (581) (582) (583) ... (5738) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: abiolag(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.