Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,103 members, 7,890,639 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 05:27 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (840) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4942031 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (837) (838) (839) (840) (841) (842) (843) ... (5738) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eghuan1(m): 11:54pm On Jul 08, 2018
brogxy:

Uber doesn't allow me to use other apps cos next request waits for me most time and usually have lesser waiting time when using Uber.
You won't believe I turn off my Uber most to enable me use taxify. But the problem I have with Uber is their fare. Compare these and see that the difference is clear.

Something is wrong with your trip map. It says you took kudirat Abiola way then ikorodu way and made a turn at the ojota interchange.
We all know the only way that will be possible is if you took one way. You ought to have gone to Maryland and all the way to Anthony to turn towards gbagada or come out through 7Up. That's why your fare is suspicious
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 1:53am On Jul 09, 2018
Olahevan:
I completed my trips and Taxify don’t want to give me my bonus. I’ll bombard them with mail, call them out on Twitter. If no response, they will see me in their office tomorrow morning. They better look for a strong lie
I keep saying it here, bonus is not by force. If they are tired they should just remove it instead of all these nyama nyama. Out of selfishness and greed they introduced clauses here and there to make sure drivers don't use other apps. Yet one will struggle to meet up they will start saying nonsense. Sorry bro, there's practically nothing u can do about it.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by vena92: 1:54am On Jul 09, 2018
eyema1:
Uber and taxify driver needed

A 2014 Hyundai Accent is available for weekly rental at 35k.

Requirements
1. Valid driver’s license
2. 2 guarantors working in a reputable organization with proof of residence in Lagos (Recent PHCN bill and National ID card or International passport).
3. Driver MUST reside around Yaba or its environs.
4. Driver must be conversant with lagos road, polite, have a working phone,honest and NEVER take the car outside Lagos.
5. Have over 2 years experience on Über and Taxify.

If you meet these requirements call 08103370270.
2 years experience ? So you don't pray for a driver to move on to greater things? Goodluck in your search.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 1:59am On Jul 09, 2018
slamstanlee:
what about ur acceptance rate?
I once had 100% acceptance rate and at the end of the campaign they changed it to 88. They even marked it good only to come back and put exclamation mark. Ndi ara

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by aggos: 4:14am On Jul 09, 2018
Good morning guys in the house, Trust we all had a good night rest...Pls I need candid advise on TOYOTA MATRIX. I want to know how rugged it is for e-hailing runs compared to COROLLA, and in terms of Spare parts. Is it good for a starter like me or should I consider other alternatives like HYUNDAI ELANTRA or KIA RIO.

Pls help a brother in need.

Thanks, and have a wonderful Monday.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jayooh: 6:13am On Jul 09, 2018
brogxy:

No. wait for 300 secs grin

O' contrary, stop being a learner. That was then, this is now. As soon as the waiting time turn red at 180secs you cancel that ride, it doesn't affect your activity score. That tip of the week was for people like yourself.

Cheers
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jayooh: 6:19am On Jul 09, 2018
ifyeez:
So people still dey chase this setup bonus. 20hr 20trips Friday and Saturday. 8.59pm beta SETUP. grin

Not setup per se, drivers will easily hit that target over weekend. The blind spot is your activity score.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ifyeez: 6:31am On Jul 09, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

The CVT gearbox in the honda city is forgiving and allows a 2nd chance. It also does not have a torque converter, so when you drain more than 90per of the fluid drains out. The difference in gear selection and take off is like light and darkness after that.
Chuwaa:

You mean transmission oil can cause vibration?
My car vibrates, I've done all scans and nothing of such was detected, I've changed engine sittings to no avail. I've never worked on the gear, though on rare occassions, it surges as if someone gave you a push.

Am having that same push forward while accelerating, then when I put off my engine and back on again it stops and won't happen again for a while.
It's causing me sleepless night coz when I take it to the mechanic it won't happen, when am on a trip it starts again. undecided undecided
Honda EOD
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:34am On Jul 09, 2018
ifyeez:

Chuwaa:

You mean transmission oil can cause vibration?
My car vibrates, I've done all scans and nothing of such was detected, I've changed engine sittings to no avail. I've never worked on the gear, though on rare occassions, it surges as if someone gave you a push.

Am having that same push forward while accelerating, then when I put off my engine and back on again it stops and won't happen again for a while.
It's causing me sleepless night coz when I take it to the mechanic it won't happen, when am on a trip it starts again. undecided undecided
Honda EOD

your gearbox is not a CVT.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lexylexy(m): 6:48am On Jul 09, 2018
TheCar:

Please if you get the highlighted, do not give your car to him.

Any driver that has over 2 years experience on Uber & Taxify yet to buy his own car isn't to be trusted with a 2014 car.

All the best in your driver recruitment. grin

So...because he hasn't bought his own car, he is now a bad person that shouldn't be trusted. Can you kindly give us a weekly template of how a family Man with 2 kids can successfully save to buy a tokumbo car in 2 years with this rubbish uber/taxify fares.

I strongly disagree with your comment. it is almost impossible to save with the current fares. Unless HP, which also comes with its own challenges.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by anyibig: 7:08am On Jul 09, 2018
ifyeez:
Would have told you to start from page one buh that would be too much, so start from page 200 till date, you will be an expert even before joining the business, mind you the business no sweet like b4 buh we hope it gets beta.

Have read a few, but reading 639 pages is too much to ask bro. Planning on starting before this week runs out or next week monday. I just need to be sure of what am walking into bro. Thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Stealth100: 7:19am On Jul 09, 2018
anyibig:

Have read a few, but reading 639 pages is too much to ask bro. Planning on starting before this week runs out or next week monday. I just need to be sure of what am walking into bro. Thanks

Read sir, it's for your own good.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by frugal(m): 7:37am On Jul 09, 2018
anyibig:

If you're serious you'll be done in 2 weeks.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by aggos: 7:45am On Jul 09, 2018
aggos:
Good morning guys in the house, Trust we all had a good night rest...Pls I need candid advise on TOYOTA MATRIX. I want to know how rugged it is for e-hailing runs compared to COROLLA, and in terms of Spare parts. Is it good for a starter like me or should I consider other alternatives like HYUNDAI ELANTRA or KIA RIO.

Pls help a brother in need.

Thanks, and have a wonderful Monday.

TheCar, dru23, gazuzz and other experience guys pls i need your inputs on the above..Thanks

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by taxiappguy: 8:03am On Jul 09, 2018
anyibig:

Or just whatsapp me.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by anyibig: 8:06am On Jul 09, 2018
frugal:

I know bro, but the information there was discussed last year, and you and i know alot must had happened, in terms of changes. The information i need is base on what is happening right now in the market. Thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by slamstanlee(m): 8:16am On Jul 09, 2018
Mainland now grin

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 8:22am On Jul 09, 2018
lexylexy:

So...because he hasn't bought his own car, he is now a bad person that shouldn't be trusted. Can you kindly give us a weekly template of how a family Man with 2 kids can successfully save to buy a tokumbo car in 2 years with this rubbish uber/taxify fares.

I strongly disagree with your comment. it is almost impossible to save with the current fares. Unless HP, which also comes with its own challenges.

Boss, I like your feedback.

Nobody has monopoly of knowledge and a tree doesn't make a forest.

A Uber driver with over 2 years experience has enjoyed the good days. Days when Car Owners get 50k weekly as rental not us that join when 35k is the highest you can get as weekly rental.

Beside you don't need a prestine tokunbo to start e-hailing boss.

Because he hasn't buy his own car doesn't make him a bad person or shouldn't be trusted? Don't get it twisted.

The person seeking Uber Driver is a JJC, you know one when you see it. I was once a JJC so I know.

But me, I wouldn't give any driver with over 2 years experience my 2014 car. Whether bought new, tokunbo or Naija Used.

So sir, I maintain my stand, any driver on Uber/Taxify with over 2 years experience would either have his own car by now or become a Fleet Manager.

Do you know how many partners he would have worked with during the period.

Do you know the people he has come in contact with between the period?

So sir, I stand to be corrected with facts that a driver with over two years experience is still looking for car to drive on rental.

Let such driver, come forward. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by slamstanlee(m): 8:23am On Jul 09, 2018
frugal:

he is in a hurry
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 8:43am On Jul 09, 2018
aggos:

TheCar, dru23, gazuzz and other experience guys pls i need your inputs on the above..Thanks

eherbal, your expertise is needed here. grin cheesy grin

If they accept Matrix and it's within your budget, you're good to go.

For me this are my preference:
1. Toyota Corolla ( grin grin grin) - You need plenty aboki for security. cool angry grin grin
2. Hyundai Elantra
3. Hyundai Accent
4. Honda Civic (Ask Dru23 and Gazzuzz)

But my Oga thebigkendo, would suggest Honda Accord. grin grin grin He his a good Honda fan.

Best of luck sir.

If you're getting a car for this business, get a car within your budget and make sure you still have at least 100k in your Akant for registration and insurance.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by taxiappguy: 8:50am On Jul 09, 2018
Hello Everyone,
Taxi App Guy is now live in Lagos.
We offer Fleet Management service to our esteemed clients who do not have the wish to manage their vehicles themselves.
Our Fleet Management platform is designed to protect your assets and increase your earnings.

We also sell books and super-convenient whatsapp classes that teach people how to protect their assets and maximise their earnings in the ridesharing business.
Get our products and services on our website at www.taxiappguy.com
or whatsapp us at +2348186473185.

Thanks and Cheers.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by aggos: 8:55am On Jul 09, 2018
TheCar:

eherbal, your expertise is needed here. grin cheesy grin

If they accept Matrix and it's within your budget, you're good to go.

For me this are my preference:
1. Toyota Corolla ( grin grin grin) - You need plenty aboki for security. cool angry grin grin
2. Hyundai Elantra
3. Hyundai Accent
4. Honda Civic (Ask Dru23 and Gazzuzz)

But my Oga thebigkendo, would suggest Honda Accord. grin grin grin He his a good Honda fan.

Best of luck sir.

If you're getting a car for this business, get a car within your budget and make sure you still have at least 100k in your Akant for registration and insurance.

Thanks TheCar. .....eherbal you have been summoned by my boss so could we have your input on the subject matter plssssss .
I would greatly appreciate input from whom is presently using Matrix.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by taxiappguy: 10:11am On Jul 09, 2018
Available resources for protecting your Uber business:

1.Guide to Uber 2.03 : The 2nd edition book for Partners and Drivers who want to learn how to register and make money with Uber. The book contains all you need to know.

2.Partner-Driver rental agreement template : A rental agreement template that lays out relationship between car owner and renter.
This document protects both parties.

3. Partner-Driver hire purchase agreement template : A hire purchase agreement template that lays out relationship between Car Owner and hirer.
This document protects both parties.

4.Guarantor form : A guarantor form to provide your driver with for verifying his/her guarantor.

We can also write a feasibility study particularly tailored to your investment needs.

To buy the Guide to Uber 2.03 book, or any documents you may need for protecting your ride share investments.
Go to our store www.taxiappguy.com
or get it on Whatsapp 08186473185

For Partners only: Do you want to register your car on Uber? Register your Uber account here.
Or chat us up on whatsapp and we will register your Uber account and upload your documents absolutely free of charge (This option is for Lagos Partners only).

Cheers
Taxi App Guy
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Enyinne(f): 10:12am On Jul 09, 2018
Pls oga , help me edit this post ,to remove my phone number
quote author=Olesekeniwoye post=61963635]

Na 2 drivers wan drive one car angry

No initial deposit for this one too cheesy[/quote]
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Enyinne(f): 10:13am On Jul 09, 2018
Pls help me commot my phone number on this post .
quote author=yusfaith78 post=61961092]

Bro, request is very bad on taxify now while uber fare is not something good atall. So i will advice you come down a little on the 40k if you dont want your car to be running 18 hours everyday including weekend and am sure u know the implication of that. [/quote]

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by slamstanlee(m): 10:30am On Jul 09, 2018
brogxy:

Rating was on 4.6 before.
Abeg I no need Smirnoff. I don't get requests like before they started Thier lite and taxify issue. They should merge them back abeg. Mine is 2007 and seems many riders now choose lite
yesterday i was really lucky, did 6 back to back ride on taxify (all awaiting) highest i have done.. Not even on uber. The most interesting one was at eko hotel... Next rider had to open the door for current rider, then hopped in. First trip landed me on ajah from airport. Closed from church and started 12.30pm, and by 4.55pm i was on 10k exactly cool Despite the regular/lite madness... Island was busy

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jayooh: 10:54am On Jul 09, 2018
slamstanlee:
Mainland now grin
why did your 1hour online yield 0.00 on a Monday morning?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by slamstanlee(m): 11:09am On Jul 09, 2018
jayooh:
why did your 1hour online yield 0.00 on a Monday morning?
Lol, set destination ni... To island as e no come, taxify own com na. I kuku off am. Before 10 i don manage get 4000 taxify. At Radisson blue, i got out to dust the car... One man walked up to me... Taxi? Yes sir.. Airport 3k. Offline. Catarrh dey worry me i don off all apps sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by slamstanlee(m): 11:28am On Jul 09, 2018
Update...
Jayooh you see wetin u cause, i don go on my app now. Set destination. Request don enter... I dey com island like this... Meanwhile i don already take procold.... Heheheh

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by shollywendy1(m): 11:30am On Jul 09, 2018
TheCar:

Boss, I like your feedback.

Nobody has monopoly of knowledge and a tree doesn't make a forest.

A Uber driver with over 2 years experience has enjoyed the good days. Days when Car Owners get 50k weekly as rental not us that join when 35k is the highest you can get as weekly rental.

Beside you don't need a prestine tokunbo to start e-hailing boss.

Because he hasn't buy his own car doesn't make him a bad person or shouldn't be trusted? Don't get it twisted.

The person seeking Uber Driver is a JJC, you know one when you see it. I was once a JJC so I know.

But me, I wouldn't give any driver with over 2 years experience my 2014 car. Whether bought new, tokunbo or Naija Used.

So sir, I maintain my stand, any driver on Uber/Taxify with over 2 years experience would either have his own car by now or become a Fleet Manager.

Do you know how many partners he would have worked with during the period.

Do you know the people he has come in contact with between the period?

So sir, I stand to be corrected with facts that a driver with over two years experience is still looking for car to drive on rental.

Let such driver, come forward. grin grin grin
Seconded...in addition to ur comment.
It is not even a must 2 yrs experienced drivers on d platform s buy a tokunbo
Once he can try save up to 300k within d rental period, he can walk in to any of d micro-finance bank ( lapo for example) .get loan of 500-600k plus the 300k he managed to save.
Lapo interest on 500k for 6 months is 91k.
At least 591k will be spreader for months.
I.e he ll be paying 98k monthly as against the 35k weekly and 140k monthly he remits on rental.
In less than a year he can own a car of his own.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 11:31am On Jul 09, 2018
slamstanlee:
Update...
Jayooh you see wetin u cause, i don go on my app now. Set destination. Request don enter... I dey com island like this... Meanwhile i don already take procold.... Heheheh
Don't get too excited. It might be PWD

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eherbal(m): 11:33am On Jul 09, 2018
aggos:

the Toyota matrix shares the same Engine with the Corolla,though the interior tends to be different.the Elantra is a good car also,with low fuel consumption,but plagued with transmission issues, according to online reviews,and a seasoned auto mechanic on this thread.the engine Also costs an arm and a leg.
the Kia Rio is King of fuel mileage amongst the trio,but with not so good ground clearance,and poor second hand value,and high maintenance, especially if bought Nigerian use.
if you can afford the matrix, it'd be a winner anyday.readily available and affordable parts.low maintenance, and rugged. good ground clearance too

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (837) (838) (839) (840) (841) (842) (843) ... (5738) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Glithronix, abiolag(m), Jaysharp(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.