Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,879 members, 7,883,089 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 11:23 PM

Women, Childbirth And Laziness - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Women, Childbirth And Laziness (26262 Views)

Hausa Muslim Girl Impregnated By Igbo Man Dies During Childbirth, Family Wants.. / Nigerian Lady Dies During Childbirth, Leaving Her White Hubby & Son Behind / Obituary Of Another Young Nigerian Woman Who Died After Childbirth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Women, Childbirth And Laziness by MsGlobalwonder(f): 8:05pm On Oct 09, 2015
zed7:
I keep seeing women blow up after childbirth and their excuse is that pregnancy expands the body. No doubt pregnancy is stressful but with discipline both in exercise and diet u can get any shape back.
We have seen celebrity chicks with multiple kids still have a banging bod after childbirth. Example are chics like The Kardashian girls, Halle Berry, Angelina Jolie, Omotola etc.
I agree that celebrities don't have a choice than to keep in shape because of their jobs. So should it be with regular women. Your husband still needs u hot as smoke. It even helps your self esteem. Nothing as sweet as being called a hot mum.
Please ladies, pregnancy and childbirth isn't a curse.
I don't even want to hear that celebrities have maids and personal trainers. Exercise doesn't cost much. Even when d kids are asleep, take time out to work out. Nothing attractive about a shapeless woman. Dieting is cheaper than gluttony . In d long run, everyone wins. You, your proud hubby and kids.
Another female-bashing post coming from a man!!! How do you guyz sleep at night with all these tantrums you throw at women!? How? You mean all the women in your life are all slim and fit? Let's even assume they are, is there a trophy for it? Do you know what it entails to give birth? Are you aware that people battle different conditions before and during conception, carrying the pregnancy, during labour and after delivery? Some ladies are naturally big ( same as some men) pregnancy or no pregnancy they remain the same. That is what make life interesting. Choices! Varieties. Stop sounding like a broken record! even in America; they struggle with their weight. Forget the less than 1% you see and read in the media. I don't even know how to feel about this; it's a mixture of disgust and anger.

Like I advice "over-sabi" men like you: for starters, go tell this to all the women ( and women-to-be) in your life. Cheers lad!

18 Likes

Re: Women, Childbirth And Laziness by Adaeze003(f): 8:11pm On Oct 09, 2015
zed7:

A tired excuse women give. Do you know the dedication and time put into working out? They also watch what they eat. Hw many surgeries has Omosexy done? Celebrities are dedicated because a fat, unattractive star would lose relevance.
We men see our women as our own celebrities but unfortunately they are too lazy most times. No motivation even when u talk to them.
Meanwhile i would rather look at an overweight guy than an overweight woman.

Do you realize it's their(celebrity's) job to stay fit? Why do you think they put in so much time and effort?

Now, the average Nigerian wife probably also works 8-5, is expected to take care of the kids and the big baby aka husband. What time does she have to hit the gym?

If you want to talk, talk about people living in the real world who are still in shape not some celebrity that works 2 times in a month and has the rest of the 58 days to do nothing.

I like to be in shape and hell, I'd like to keep it baby or not but nigga! Sit down!!!

Coming here talking down women like men don't ultimately become drums after marriage abi you have not seen will smith? Mtcheew...

12 Likes

Re: Women, Childbirth And Laziness by dBard: 8:12pm On Oct 09, 2015
sparklebug:
those bashing women on these thread have no clue what it means to get pregnant, deliver and nurse a baby. they also have do not v a clue how a womans body changes once she comits to bringing a baby into this world. yes all those celebs u mentioned have physical body changes o! its just thier money helping them package themselves better. have u watched stephanie okereke's reality series? make me fabulous? if u v, you'll see there is no ugly woman. in just a single day, you'll see how a normal everyday woman is transformed into a diva with just the right cloth,shoes ,hairdo and make up!
also dont forget no two women are the same bodywise. omotola was like a uk size 8 before she started childbirth. now she's in her 30's and should be a size 14. she's gone up like 3 cloth size o! some women are already size 12, the kind you'll call voluptious. after child birth they can go up to 14 or 16.
rather than bash women, what we should be advocating for is staying fit o! looking and feeling good even with your new found shape. truth is not many women will get thier pre pregnancy body back. look good and rock the body you have now!
thumbs up to all the mothers in the house joor!!

Excuses excuses..
Calling Omotola a size 14 doesn't mean nada..besides, she isn't.

Its quite simple..if u want it, u gotta work for it.
My cousin gave birth~7 months ago but she's almost back t fit 'cos she worked @ it post delivery.
U can imagine how fast she would have recovered if she had that lifestyle pre delivery.
One of the best looking women (body wise) I've met is , unbelievably, a mother of 3.

Y'all can rock n feel good about ur New 'shape' all u want, but pause t answer one question truly, does my husband feel the same way about it too.

I rest..

1 Like

Re: Women, Childbirth And Laziness by foriz4u(m): 8:12pm On Oct 09, 2015
dominique:
What those Hollywood celebrities will never tell you is the expensive plastic surgery procedure they undergo.

Abi o. You see men developing pot belies after marriage. At least the women lose their shapes when bringing children into the world. What's the men's excuse?
Evident of good living nd marriagehood I guess.
If women get boasted-up after childbirth what u gonna say bt that single mama on ur str that's got 1,2,3 kids but still looking like oliver asking for more? I've wondered y single mama look fit, more sexy and slim even after childbirth than d married woman who has not even had one! Probably rest of mind of being free frm d pressure of being single I guess.
Re: Women, Childbirth And Laziness by Nobody: 8:13pm On Oct 09, 2015
zed7:
I keep seeing women blow up after childbirth and their excuse is that pregnancy expands the body. No doubt pregnancy is stressful but with discipline both in exercise and diet u can get any shape back.
We have seen celebrity chicks with multiple kids still have a banging bod after childbirth. Example are chics like The Kardashian girls, Halle Berry, Angelina Jolie, Omotola etc.
I agree that celebrities don't have a choice than to keep in shape because of their jobs. So should it be with regular women. Your husband still needs u hot as smoke. It even helps your self esteem. Nothing as sweet as being called a hot mum.
I don't even want to hear that celebrities have maids and personal trainers. Exercise doesn't cost much. Even when d kids are asleep, take time out to work out. Nothing attractive about a shapeless woman. Dieting is cheaper than gluttony . In d long run, everyone wins. You, your proud hubby and kids.

Kim kartrashian and omotola are fat women. In my opinion. Kourtney kardashian is fit though. She did good so far.

4 Likes

Re: Women, Childbirth And Laziness by Nobody: 8:16pm On Oct 09, 2015
zed7:
I dont mean this as an insult, but how many kg does ur mum, gf and sisters if u have any weigh??

6 Likes

Re: Women, Childbirth And Laziness by themilanway(m): 8:16pm On Oct 09, 2015
More reason why slim guys like me will stick to an equally slim girl at the end of the day.

That way,if after child bearing she add weight,it won't be much.

No need asking/reminding her of keeping shape.

But seriously,women needs to start urging their husband in keeping fit as well.I find men with big tummy repulsive,no offence meant,just my candid opinion.

1 Like

Re: Women, Childbirth And Laziness by xtervaganza(m): 8:38pm On Oct 09, 2015
zed7:
what an absolute turnip you are.

Do you know the stress nursing mothers go through while raising a baby?

Sometimes they are too tired to even eat not to talk of working out

The day you carry a child in your belly for 9 months and cater for the baby day and night with little sleep I'll consider you wise

Until then, you're a FOOL

10 Likes

Re: Women, Childbirth And Laziness by mmakings(f): 8:39pm On Oct 09, 2015
Exercises are easy grin
Re: Women, Childbirth And Laziness by ocelot2006(m): 8:58pm On Oct 09, 2015
dominique:
What those Hollywood celebrities will never tell you is the expensive plastic surgery procedure they undergo.

Abi o. You see men developing pot belies after marriage. At least the women lose their shapes when bringing children into the world. What's the men's excuse?

We take.beer away from the world.....hmmmm....its a tough job...but someone has to do it.
Re: Women, Childbirth And Laziness by Neplusultra(f): 9:11pm On Oct 09, 2015
Dis Op sha! It's not your fault!
Imagine the comparison? Kim k and co dat can't do without Surgery
No need say more,you are not a woman so you'll neva understand wot Labour,breastfeeding and nurturing a child is! Hot ko, hot ni?
Please leave our African women alone!
Stop Bodyshaming!

3 Likes

Re: Women, Childbirth And Laziness by debola23(f): 9:16pm On Oct 09, 2015
zed7:

A tired excuse women give. Do you know the dedication and time put into working out? They also watch what they eat. Hw many surgeries has Omosexy done? Celebrities are dedicated because a fat, unattractive star would lose relevance.
We men see our women as our own celebrities but unfortunately they are too lazy most times. No motivation even when u talk to them.
Meanwhile i would rather look at an overweight guy than an overweight woman.

GAYYdar meter just went up 10notches

4 Likes

Re: Women, Childbirth And Laziness by Ezeanna: 9:55pm On Oct 09, 2015
OP, you think childbirth is easy abi? If you see a thread where it is said that a married woman has refused to have children because she doesn't want to ruin her figure; you'd be the first to crucify her.

You sounded so angry in your post. Childbirth or not, as a person gets older you put on a little weight. Can you tell me you'd still be this size after 10 years? How then do you expect a woman after say 8 years and three children to be the same size she was when you married her?

Yeye dey smell. Better appreciate the woman you have and encourage her kindly to keep fit and remove your eyes from celebrities and their fake life.

9 Likes

Re: Women, Childbirth And Laziness by chiibekee(f): 10:03pm On Oct 09, 2015
dominique:

Who told you that Nigerian celebs don't undergo plastic surgery? You think they will broadcast it of they did?

What irritates me about your post is how you make it look as if it's only women that gains weight in marriage. The men's own is even worse. I was going through one of my friend's Facebook page, she's been married for seven years with two lovely boys yet she still maintains her nice figure. Her husband on the other hand has almost trippled in size you'd think he was the one that had the babies and is expecting another. Same thing goes for my hubby, he has gained almost 15kg since we married five years ago and I've not gained more than 7 kg. He has changed wardrobe more than three times since we married and his some of his new set of cloths are also starting to cling. And FYI not all women gain weight after babies, me and my sisters and some of my friends got our pre-baby figures back.

If women can get back in shape after babies, men that grow big have no excuse. They're just plain lazy.
am loving ur comment. Please help me on how to achieve that. I will be having my first baby in less than a month. Please U can help a sister.
Re: Women, Childbirth And Laziness by queebeediva(f): 10:15pm On Oct 09, 2015
dominique:
What those Hollywood celebrities will never tell you is the expensive plastic surgery procedure they undergo. Hahaha abeg help me and ask them.

Re: Women, Childbirth And Laziness by queebeediva(f): 10:18pm On Oct 09, 2015
Neplusultra:
Dis Op sha! It's not your fault!
Imagine the comparison? Kim k and co dat can't do without Surgery
No need say more,you are not a woman so you'll neva understand wot Labour,breastfeeding and nurturing a child is! Hot ko, hot ni?
Please leave our African women alone!
Stop Bodyshaming!
and their type ended up marrying bag of cassava.

4 Likes

Re: Women, Childbirth And Laziness by queebeediva(f): 10:21pm On Oct 09, 2015
themilanway:
More reason why slim guys like me will stick to an equally slim girl at the end of the day.

That way,if after child bearing she add weight,it won't be much.

No need asking/reminding her of keeping shape.

But seriously,women needs to start urging their husband in keeping fit as well.I find men with big tummy repulsive,no offence meant,just my candid opinion.
a slim person can still expload .

1 Like

Re: Women, Childbirth And Laziness by themilanway(m): 10:23pm On Oct 09, 2015
queebeediva:
a slim person can still expload .

cheesy cheesy cheesy Maybe true,but I doubt someone like can"explode".

Highly unlikely.
Re: Women, Childbirth And Laziness by repogirl(f): 10:31pm On Oct 09, 2015
zed7:
Don't talk until you can carry a kid for nine months, offload them and keep trim! angry

If you can't do that, then shut the hell up. angry

You think women love the way they blow up? What do you know about laziness? A woman taking care of her three kids is far from lazy!

I have three and I thank God I am slim naturally because I know how difficult it is for many women to regain their bodies, if you follow the kardashians you will see they struggle also, Kim even did lipo the last time to reduce hers... Do you have money for surgery?

You say dieting is cheaper, I laugh, I hope you have money to afford lean foods and vegetables for your wife. You talk about work out....do you work out? I'm sure you don't, I guess that's because you are either lazy or too busy which is the same with many women. Besides, even if they have the time, how many women have an idea of exercises targeted at reducing their hips or belly fat?

You men who do not have an inkling how child birth disfigures a woman's shape should either support your wives, pay for gym membership, or shut the hell up! angry

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women, Childbirth And Laziness by BrosMayowa(m): 10:49pm On Oct 09, 2015
dominique:

Who told you that Nigerian celebs don't undergo plastic surgery? You think they will broadcast it of they did?

What irritates me about your post is how you make it look as if it's only women that gains weight in marriage. The men's own is even worse. I was going through one of my friend's Facebook page, she's been married for seven years with two lovely boys yet she still maintains her nice figure. Her husband on the other hand has almost trippled in size you'd think he was the one that had the babies and is expecting another. Same thing goes for my hubby, he has gained almost 15kg since we married five years ago and I've not gained more than 7 kg. He has changed wardrobe more than three times since we married and his some of his new set of cloths are also starting to cling. And FYI not all women gain weight after babies, me and my sisters and some of my friends got our pre-baby figures back.

If women can get back in shape after babies, men that grow big have no excuse. They're just plain lazy.

You seem to have forgotten or ignored the part that your 'genes' played.. You didn't 'actively work' for your genes. Did you? So don't feed that idea of you and your sisters returning to whatever physique.. Thank Your genes instead.
Moreover, FYI too, there are more obese women than men..
Re: Women, Childbirth And Laziness by nd07(m): 10:52pm On Oct 09, 2015
Cutehector:
we come bak late from work and eat wife"s food and sleep.. And go to work by 5am again... grin . No time for exercise

Mehn.. na ds night food thing be d wahala. dinner is d only opportunity 2 appreciate my wife's good cooking skills. since she too doesn't like pot belly, wt her permission I gave up night food 2 look good 4 her
Re: Women, Childbirth And Laziness by nd07(m): 11:03pm On Oct 09, 2015
repogirl:
Don't talk until you can carry a kid for nine months, offload them and keep trim! angry

You think women love the way they blow up? What do you know about laziness? A woman taking care of her three kids is far from lazy!

I have three and I thank God I am slim naturally because I know how difficult it is for many women to regain their bodies, if you follow the kardashians you will see they struggle also, Kim even did lipo the last time to reduce hers... Do you have money for surgery?

You say dieting is cheaper, I laugh, I hope you have money to afford lean foods and vegetables for your wife. You talk about work out....do you work out? I'm sure you don't, I guess that's because you are either lazy or too busy which is the same with many women. Besides, even if they have the time, how many women have an idea of exercises targeted at reducing their hips or belly fat?

You men who do not have an inkling how child birth disfigures a woman's shape should either support your wives, pay for gym membership, or shut the hell up! angry

pls takirize woman, d poster isn't blaming u gals rather he's just raising a matter that should be checkmated.

1 Like

Re: Women, Childbirth And Laziness by repogirl(f): 11:09pm On Oct 09, 2015
nd07:

pls takirize woman, d poster isn't blaming u gals rather he's just raising a matter that should be checkmated.
It's the person who wears the shoes that knows where it hurts....so if you haven't worn it, please simply mind your business and dont butt into things you cannot understand!

Men have enough issues of their own which the poster can relate with, he should advice on those ones first and leave women to settle their own issues.

3 Likes

Re: Women, Childbirth And Laziness by dominique(f): 11:17pm On Oct 09, 2015
BrosMayowa:

You seem to have forgotten or ignored the part that your 'genes' played.. You didn't 'actively work' for your genes. Did you? So don't feed that idea of you and your sisters returning to whatever physique.. Thank Your genes instead.
Moreover, FYI too, there are more obese women than men..

Yes i know my physique is more genetic than physical effort. A lot of people put a lot of effort into weight loss with little results. That's why i won't go bringing down women with weight issues the op ignorrantlly did. Its an established scientific fact that men has faster metabolism than women and tends to lose weight faster their female counterparts. Yet most of them develop pot bellies later on in life. We can as well conclude that they're too lazy also.

4 Likes

Re: Women, Childbirth And Laziness by dominique(f): 11:31pm On Oct 09, 2015
chiibekee:
am loving ur comment. Please help me on how to achieve that. I will be having my first baby in less than a month. Please U can help a sister.

My sister it's my natural physique o. Apart from having mainly fruits for breakfast and going on long walks, i don't have any weight loss regimen. Best way to lose weight is to reduce the carbohydrates and fats you consume.

Wishing you safe delivery smiley
Re: Women, Childbirth And Laziness by mikolo80: 11:55pm On Oct 09, 2015
dominique:

Oya no let yourself go na
Re: Women, Childbirth And Laziness by Luckymay(f): 11:57pm On Oct 09, 2015
Exclusive breastfeeding is the surest way to loose fats after delivery. No stress attached. Just keep pumping the baby till six months and u will be lookin for that fat. Talking from experience

1 Like

Re: Women, Childbirth And Laziness by diva2011(f): 1:20am On Oct 10, 2015
zed7:

Shio!!! Who be this person!!!! You think say child bearing Na joke? Abi your partner or female family or friends don dey irritate you after child bearing. Abeg go hug transformer!!!

3 Likes

Re: Women, Childbirth And Laziness by diva2011(f): 1:24am On Oct 10, 2015
repogirl:

Yes o! Supported!!! The writer must go and rot in hell!!! Rubbish

2 Likes

Re: Women, Childbirth And Laziness by Kimoni: 6:23am On Oct 10, 2015
Most ridiculous thread ever.

Someone is angry that women are not in shape and he/she decides to use the Karthrashians as perfect examples shocked shocked

Rubbish!

5 Likes

Re: Women, Childbirth And Laziness by inemani: 8:39am On Oct 10, 2015
This zed7 guy is a real turnip like some1 earlier said. Is childbearing an easy thing? Here am I battling after 2 kids to stay in shape and some1 is ranting dat women are not trying, yeye dey smell. Imagine comparing us who bear a whole lot without any help, with celebrities dat don't do 'shikom'. Some men are simply insatiable. Instead of asking his fellow men to assist their women in taking shape, he is spewing thrash. Arrant nansense

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is Cheating Normal For Men? / In This Scenario, What Would You Teach Your Child? / Man Donates Car To Father Of Boy Whose Eyes Were Plucked Out In Kaduna. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.