Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,912 members, 7,895,962 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 July 2024 at 10:14 PM

Chelsea Star John Mikel Obi Has Been Banned From Driving For 15 Months! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Chelsea Star John Mikel Obi Has Been Banned From Driving For 15 Months! (10191 Views)

Breaking News: John Mikel Obi's Father Found Alive / Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi / I'm Dying To Meet John Mikel Obi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chelsea Star John Mikel Obi Has Been Banned From Driving For 15 Months! by switch47(m): 6:50am On Apr 28, 2009
@ CHIDICHRIS   , JALETHER, ANUSULE
chidichris:

wow! mikel is a big boy extra-ordinary.

pls switch and maitema continue with the war of idiots.

mikel is so comfortable that he can pay the charges of the best driver in the world to be driving him arround in case he has a life ban from driving.
jalether:

no mind them anusule, what are yall gonna gain from all this gossiping

mikel this mikel that, can a brother have some break

@ CHIDICHRIS   , JALETHER, ANUSULE

YOU GUYS Have only succeeded in proving  your incredible level of stupidity and sealed the fact that you lack exposure and basic inteligence!!    Mikel Obi  has just been CONVICTED of a serious crime  which he has not denied, and it is a FACT!! the person who started the thread reported exactly what your mikel did( does it sound like he cooked up the fact??)  I expect an Average person with basic intelligence to Know the GRAVITY of a drunk /drive offence  and condemn it as the Hieght of irresponsibility- it is only a NON-COMPOS mentis  that will rise to the defence of such behavioural partern!! You post like Educated illiterates  shocked shocked i still dont expect you to know your right from your left but those who are normal on the site knows you are purely ignorant! shocked shocked  MIKEL HIMSELF CAN NOT EVEN JUSTIFY HIS OWN ACTION, because he knows it is disgracefull and irresponsible, imagine!! shocked  you cant even differentiate between beef gossip and facts that are evident----it is realy a pity---i sympathise with you guys ---really!! shocked you invented the[b] I [/b] in ignorance

How Dangerous Is Drinking and Driving?
A driver with a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) of 0.10 or greater is seven times more likely to be involved in a fatal motor vehicle crash than is a driver who has not consumed alcoholic beverages, and a driver with an alcohol concentration of 0.15 or greater is about 25 times more likely.
Basically, the more you drink the more likely you are to have an accident, and a fatal one. The same applies for the likelihood of having any vehicle accident, fatal or otherwise. Here's the cold hard facts:

More Likely to Have a Crash
A 160-pound person drinking two beers within an hour would probably have a BAC of 0.04, well below the legal limits of driving under the influence, but 1.4 times more likely to have an accident than someone who is sober.
Two more beers? The likelihood of an accident goes up almost tenfold. At .08 BAC, a driver is 11 times more likely than the non-drinking driver to be involved in a crash. As the amount of alcohol in the driver's system rises mathematically on the BAC scale, the likelihood of a traffic accident multiples.
Two more beers? Up to a six-pack now? The likelihood of having an accident is now 48 times higher than the abstainer and the driver has just now passed the 0.10 BAC level

DANGERS OF DRUNK/DRIVING!!

Is there anyone that does not know the dangers of drunk driving? We know about drunks causing wrecks. We know about alcohol related traffic accidents resulting in death, crippling injuries and property loss.

What we know less about is the drunk driver who receives extended jail and prison time for their actions. We know little about the lingering effect on the driver that kills because he or she chose to drive home from the bar after having "one too many." How does he or she cope with the guilt of killing or seriously injuring someone?

The killing of an innocent victim is by far the worst scenario when considering the dangers of drunk driving. Driving while intoxicated is a continuing problem in the United States and is prompting states to enact more restrictions and increasingly harsh penalties for drivers whose Blood Alcohol Concentration (BAC) is .08 and above.

It's understandable. With over 17,000 people killed and hundreds of thousands injured each year for at least two decades in the US , the time is long overdue take extreme action. We must address the dangers of drunk driving and find a way to stop the unending dilemma.

State legislatures and courts are becoming ardent in holding drunk drivers accountable for the injuries they do to innocent victims. Even first offenders are receiving stiff fines and in many cases jail time. Judges are now under mandate by state laws to impose maximum penalties for repeat offenders.

Why is this happening? Simple. Drunk driving kills. The courts have to do something to address the problem.

It is not a small problem and much of it stems from our overuse of alcohol. Studies indicate that at least eighteen million Americans are alcohol abusers or alcoholics. There is a trend in our colleges called "binge drinking" which is causing deaths even before the drinker gets behind the steering wheel of a car.

Binge drinkers chug-a-lug alcohol in such large quantities that it can cause their hearts to stop. Binge drinkers reach dangerous levels of BAC quickly while losing their sense of judgment and reasoning to a point that precludes them from driving safely.
Re: Chelsea Star John Mikel Obi Has Been Banned From Driving For 15 Months! by FBS: 7:50am On Apr 28, 2009
This should be a lesson for him.
But what is the fuss about?
Re: Chelsea Star John Mikel Obi Has Been Banned From Driving For 15 Months! by praxx(m): 10:24am On Apr 28, 2009
what i fail to understand is why Nigerians will not stand behind they own when there is a little problem.
how i wish you know how much respect and admiration Mikel gets here in the US and you guy back in Nigeria(whether man utd fans or Chelsea fans) you spend your time and money casting aspersions on the young man.
I can give you a list of other internationals involved in some mess and you don't get to hear it.
Re: Chelsea Star John Mikel Obi Has Been Banned From Driving For 15 Months! by switch47(m): 12:46pm On Apr 28, 2009
praxx:

what i fail to understand is why Nigerians will not stand behind they own when there is a little problem.
how i wish you know how much respect and admiration Mikel gets here in the US and you guy back in Nigeria(whether man utd fans or Chelsea fans) you spend your time and money casting aspersions on the young man.
I can give you a list of other internationals involved in some mess and you don't get to hear it.
  DO you know the gravity/ dangers of drunk / driving and how many lives that has been lost as a result of this irresposible act?? MIKEL HAS JUST BEEN CONVICTED OF DRUNK DRIVING  By a court of conpetent jurisdiction!! what is there to respect  or admire about that?? simply because he is from Nigeria does that mean drunkl driving is now to be condoned? you just been unreasonable and  sentimental!!   was it Nigerians that convicted him or did he deny the fact that he was caught red handed? He WAS EVEN LUCKY HE GOT A SOFT JUDGEMENT and not a jail term.what you fail to understand IS MIKEL HAS COMMITED A CRIME HERE!! and such act of irresponsibility must be condemned!!

How Dangerous Is Drinking and Driving?A driver with a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) of 0.10 or greater is seven times more likely to be involved in a fatal motor vehicle crash than is a driver who has not consumed alcoholic beverages, and a driver with an alcohol concentration of 0.15 or greater is about 25 times more likely.
Basically, the more you drink the more likely you are to have an accident, and a fatal one. The same applies for the likelihood of having any vehicle accident, fatal or otherwise. Here's the cold hard facts:

A 160-pound person drinking two beers within an hour would probably have a BAC of 0.04, well below the legal limits of driving under the influence, but 1.4 times more likely to have an accident than someone who is sober.
Two more beers? The likelihood of an accident goes up almost tenfold. At .08 BAC, a driver is 11 times more likely than the non-drinking driver to be involved in a crash. As the amount of alcohol in the driver's system rises mathematically on the BAC scale, the likelihood of a traffic accident multiples.
Two more beers? Up to a six-pack now? The likelihood of having an accident is now 48 times higher than the abstainer and the driver has just now passed the 0.10 BAC level

Is there anyone that does not know the dangers of drunk driving? We know about drunks causing wrecks. We know about alcohol related traffic accidents resulting in death, crippling injuries and property loss.

What we know less about is the drunk driver who receives extended jail and prison time for their actions. We know little about the lingering effect on the driver that kills because he or she chose to drive home from the bar after having "one too many." How does he or she cope with the guilt of killing or seriously injuring someone?

The killing of an innocent victim is by far the worst scenario when considering the dangers of drunk driving. Driving while intoxicated is a continuing problem in the United States and is prompting states to enact more restrictions and increasingly harsh penalties for drivers whose Blood Alcohol Concentration (BAC) is .08 and above.
It's understandable. With over 17,000 people killed and hundreds of thousands injured each year for at least two decades in the US , the time is long overdue take extreme action. We must address the dangers of drunk driving and find a way to stop the unending dilemma.

State legislatures and courts are becoming ardent in holding drunk drivers accountable for the injuries they do to innocent victims. Even first offenders are receiving stiff fines and in many cases jail time. Judges are now under mandate by state laws to impose maximum penalties for repeat offenders.

Why is this happening? Simple. Drunk driving kills. The courts have to do something to address the problem.

It is not a small problem and much of it stems from our overuse of alcohol. Studies indicate that at least eighteen million Americans are alcohol abusers or alcoholics. There is a trend in our colleges called "binge drinking" which is causing deaths even before the drinker gets behind the steering wheel of a car.

Binge drinkers chug-a-lug alcohol in such large quantities that it can cause their hearts to stop. Binge drinkers reach dangerous levels of BAC quickly while losing their sense of judgment and reasoning to a point that precludes them from driving safely.
Re: Chelsea Star John Mikel Obi Has Been Banned From Driving For 15 Months! by Meldrick(m): 2:59pm On Apr 28, 2009
I remember vividly the words of Tuface Idibia in his song "Nfana Ibaga". He clearly sounded, "who God has blessed no man can curse". No matter how you Mikel haters rant, cry and die, the boy is blessed. Go back and check him out enjoying. I was checking out the chelsea fan base on face book and a topic attracted my attention. It was Mikel or Micheal. 88% of the contributors were clamouring for Mikel. They prefferred Mikel to Ballack. I finally agreed with the saying" A prophet is not respected in his home".
Indeed most people have committed worse crime than Mikel and they were not made to face firing squad like that ass hole said. You must appreciate your own.

Note:Most of the contributors were foreigners, not some Naija guys that have their brains under their feet.
Re: Chelsea Star John Mikel Obi Has Been Banned From Driving For 15 Months! by switch47(m): 3:25pm On Apr 28, 2009
praxx:

DO you know the gravity/ dangers of drunk / driving and how many lives that has been lost as a result of this irresposible act?? MIKEL HAS JUST BEEN CONVICTED OF DRUNK DRIVING By a court of conpetent jurisdiction!! what is there to respect or admire about that?? simply because he is from Nigeria does that mean drunkl driving is now to be condoned? you just been unreasonable and sentimental!! was it Nigerians that convicted him or did he deny the fact that he was caught red handed? He WAS EVEN LUCKY HE GOT A SOFT JUDGEMENT and not a jail term.what you fail to understand IS MIKEL HAS COMMITED A CRIME HERE!! and such act of irresponsibility must be condemned!!

How Dangerous Is Drinking and Driving?A driver with a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) of 0.10 or greater is seven times more likely to be involved in a fatal motor vehicle crash than is a driver who has not consumed alcoholic beverages, and a driver with an alcohol concentration of 0.15 or greater is about 25 times more likely.

Re: Chelsea Star John Mikel Obi Has Been Banned From Driving For 15 Months! by praxx(m): 1:46am On Apr 30, 2009
@ switch.
i have been trying all day to figure out what exactly you were trying to point out in the essay you just posted.
remember i did not say what he did was good, i only insisted that in times of troubles which everyone is prone to even you, your people is your last resort and if you chastise him with your left you bring him back with your right, but to be honest with you the way you in particular are taking this matter i am beginning to think that you have something personal with him
As i speak with you the young man has just hired a chauffeur (an English man)that carries him around WL. isn't this good riddance to bad rubbish?
Re: Chelsea Star John Mikel Obi Has Been Banned From Driving For 15 Months! by switch47(m): 7:24am On Apr 30, 2009
praxx:

@ switch.
i have been trying all day to figure out what exactly you were trying to point out in the essay you just posted.
remember i did not say what he did was good, i only insisted that in times of troubles which everyone is prone to even you, your people is your last resort and if you chastise him with your left you bring him back with your right, but to be honest with you the way you in particular are taking this matter i am beginning to think that you have something personal with him
As i speak with you the young man has just hired a chauffeur (an English man)that carries him around WL. isn't this good riddance to bad rubbish?

Keep trying!! grin grin it takes intelligence to do that you know?? and what has got to do with the crime or AN EX CONVICT?? grin grin grin
Re: Chelsea Star John Mikel Obi Has Been Banned From Driving For 15 Months! by pauloti(m): 11:53pm On Apr 30, 2009
@ switch47 i think ur just plain stupid, your just beefing mikel coz he is more comfortable than you who is struggling to eat in the UK , lollll

try and work harder so we can argue about you sometime, lol

grin
Re: Chelsea Star John Mikel Obi Has Been Banned From Driving For 15 Months! by chidichris(m): 8:53am On May 01, 2009
@ switch47 i think ur just plain stupid, your just beefing mikel coz he is more comfortable than you who is struggling to eat in the UK , lollll

@pauloti,
did i hear u say switch is in london? well frustration is the worst thing that can happen to any man. again, from the way switch talks, the venom in his words and the hatred he puts up, he has given up in life. he does not believe in himself anymore.

the good news here is that the mikel of a man played in chelsea's most difficult game of the season with the full squad intact. i mean playing barca on their own ground.

the guy(mikel), no matter how u look at him, he is a blessed child. he has washed his hands well and he is surely dinning with kings and there is simply nothing swicth can do about it.
Re: Chelsea Star John Mikel Obi Has Been Banned From Driving For 15 Months! by Utali(m): 10:22am On May 01, 2009
chidichris:

@pauloti,
did i hear u say switch is in london? well frustration is the worst thing that can happen to any man. again, from the way switch talks, the venom in his words and the hatred he puts up, he has given up in life. he does not believe in himself anymore.

the good news here is that the mikel of a man played in chelsea's most difficult game of the season with the full squad intact. i mean playing barca on their own ground.

the guy(mikel), no matter how u look at him, he is a blessed child. he has washed his hands well and he is surely dinning with kings and there is simply nothing swicth can do about it.

Exactly
Re: Chelsea Star John Mikel Obi Has Been Banned From Driving For 15 Months! by switch47(m): 1:42pm On May 01, 2009
pauloti:

grin
chidichris:

@pauloti,

MIKEL Was CONVICTED OF DRUNK/DRIVING- A SERIOUS OFFENCE THAT CAN CAUSE LOSS OF LIVES!!   i was not the police officer that arrested him, neither was i the judge that made him an ex-convict with criminal record. grin grin grin  by the way the police officer and the judge does not give a fucck who mikel is or wether he played against Barcelona-------- grin niether do i cool.   even dem Nigerian Brewries always say DRINK RESPONSIBLY!! cheesy cheesy  if you dont ,dat makes you irresponsible- that is what mikel is till we see the change in him!! grin no amount of money can alter a BAD NAME!! only a change of attitude!! cheesy
i rest my case grin
Re: Chelsea Star John Mikel Obi Has Been Banned From Driving For 15 Months! by switch47(m): 10:58am On May 02, 2009
pauloti:

grin
chidichris:

@pauloti,

MIKEL Was CONVICTED OF DRUNK/DRIVING- A SERIOUS OFFENCE THAT CAN CAUSE LOSS OF LIVES!! i was not the police officer that arrested him, neither was i the judge that made him an ex-convict with criminal record. grin grin grin by the way the police officer and the judge does not give a fucck who mikel is or wether he played against Barcelona-------- grin niether do i cool. even dem Nigerian Brewries always say DRINK RESPONSIBLY!! cheesy cheesy if you dont ,dat makes you irresponsible- that is what mikel is till we see the change in him!! grin no amount of money can alter a BAD NAME!! only a change of attitude!! cheesy in other words a good name is better than silver or gold!! cool
i rest my case grin
Re: Chelsea Star John Mikel Obi Has Been Banned From Driving For 15 Months! by chidichris(m): 12:19pm On May 04, 2009
at least all mikel topics and threads are dead now that mikel is playing regular games. we are waiting till u get another negative news.
imbeciles.
Re: Chelsea Star John Mikel Obi Has Been Banned From Driving For 15 Months! by switch47(m): 3:30pm On May 04, 2009
pauloti:

grin
chidichris:

@pauloti,

MIKEL Was CONVICTED OF DRUNK/DRIVING- A SERIOUS OFFENCE THAT CAN CAUSE LOSS OF LIVES!! i was not the police officer that arrested him, neither was i the judge that made him an ex-convict with criminal record. grin grin grin by the way the police officer and the judge does not give a fucck who mikel is or wether he played against Barcelona-------- grin niether do i cool. even dem Nigerian Brewries always say DRINK RESPONSIBLY!! cheesy cheesy if you dont ,dat makes you irresponsible- that is what mikel is till we see the change in him!! grin no amount of money can alter a BAD NAME!! only a change of attitude!! cheesy in other words a good name is better than silver or gold!! cool
i rest my case grin
Re: Chelsea Star John Mikel Obi Has Been Banned From Driving For 15 Months! by jalether(m): 4:44pm On May 04, 2009
@switch47, i'm willing to offer my assistance to you as a kind hearted person who

has the interst of his fellow naija citizen at heart, i know a very good brain surgeon

who i can persuade to carry out a brain transplant on you, cos i know you try extremely hard to

reason like a normal human being but your current state is a major hinderance, let me know when

you are ready for the operation.
Re: Chelsea Star John Mikel Obi Has Been Banned From Driving For 15 Months! by switch47(m): 4:59pm On May 04, 2009
jalether:

@switch47, i'm willing to offer my assistance to you as a kind hearted person who

has the interst of his fellow naija citizen at heart, i know a very good brain surgeon

who i can persuade to carry out a brain transplant on you, cos i know you try extremely hard to

reason like a normal human being but your current state is a major hinderance, let me know when

you are ready for the operation.

OHHHHH!!! t is very kind of you oo cheesy cheesy brain transplant, brain surgeon, grin grin wonderfull!! thanks for caring, i am ready for the operation, so that i will stop reasoning like a goat!! and start reasoning like a normal human like you!! grin grin switch dey crase-----yes yes yes yes yes yes oh yes!! grin
Re: Chelsea Star John Mikel Obi Has Been Banned From Driving For 15 Months! by jalether(m): 5:51pm On May 04, 2009
@ switch,there is a new development, weighting the intensity of your

stupidity, your brain must be damaged beyond repair, a pastor is perharps

what you need to perform a mind blowing miracle grin
Re: Chelsea Star John Mikel Obi Has Been Banned From Driving For 15 Months! by switch47(m): 6:02pm On May 04, 2009
jalether:

@ switch,there is a new development, weighting the intensity of your

stupidity
, your brain must be damaged beyond repair, a pastor is perharps

what you need to perform a mind blowing miracle grin
oh!! bring in the pastor!! let him in!! intensity of stupidity---not so?? weighting it again. it could be worse than that. cool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Newcastle Vs Arsenal (0 - 2) On 2nd May 2021 / Atalanta Vs Manchester City: UCL (1 - 1) On 6th November 2019 / Manchester United Vs Feyenoord : Europa League (4 - 0) On 24th November 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.