Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,058 members, 7,903,435 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 July 2024 at 01:23 PM

After Effects- Help! - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / After Effects- Help! (2509 Views)

Amazing Make-up Effects That Makes Injuries Look Real (Photos) / Rate These Before And After Effects Of Photoshop Works - Genius Media / My After Effects Journey (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

After Effects- Help! by sanctisam(m): 4:16pm On Apr 24, 2009
Pls am new to After effects, anyone please help!

What is the composition settings used in creating videos for TV commercials, web animations and any other PLUS why is it that after effects runs slow on my system even with 1gb of RAM?

Lastly if you know of any good site for After effcts tutorials please post.
Any contribution will be highly appreciated.

THANX!
Re: After Effects- Help! by sanctisam(m): 1:38pm On Apr 28, 2009
you mean no after effects user in the house?
Re: After Effects- Help! by zPixel(m): 3:48pm On Apr 28, 2009
What is the composition settings used in creating videos for TV commercials
PAL D1/DV (720x576) 0r (768x576). So far the aspect ratio remains 4:3

You should definiately check www.videocopilot.net incase you hvnt.
Re: After Effects- Help! by damseremie(m): 6:07pm On Apr 28, 2009
What is the composition settings used in creating videos for TV commercials?
zPixel is right, its (720*576) and when creating a new composition, its there as a preset,

For web animations, you can go a little smaller maybe (640 x 480), It all depends on a number of factors,

Check
www.creativecow.com
videocopilot.net

and never neglect google, type after effects tutorials and u should get a ton of hitss,
it have any more specific questions, feel free 2 ask
Re: After Effects- Help! by sanctisam(m): 12:44am On Apr 30, 2009
Thanx a lot guys!
I appreciate yr replies but here's another one-
is it possible to create 3D objects with curves in After effects e.g a foot ball, car? I'v learnt how to arange layers in 3D space to create 3D objects but with sharp/angled edges e.g a house with no curves.
How can I create that of curved surfaces, if possible?

Creative cow truely ha lots of 'Milky' tutorials to offer though some re video tuts and thats the problem I hav with video copilot. My internet conectn is not so good (takes tons of time to stream videos).
Thanx 1nce again for the sites.
Re: After Effects- Help! by sojioguns(m): 11:22am On Apr 30, 2009
The only plugin I know is Zaxwerks 3D Invigorator but I am not sure of the texturing prowess. I still prefer doing all 3D work in a dedicated 3D app and compositing in AE.
Re: After Effects- Help! by xothermik(m): 1:16pm On Apr 30, 2009
dependin on how gud u r wit it u cud achieve pretti stunnin texturin wit it but i do agree with you on using a dedicated 3d app cuz i prefer that too
@sanctisam. good that you found creative cow as for the video streamin issue if you got some time you cud jus download it full and watch it wit an flv player u cud grab the video for download using orbit downloader's grab feature. u can grab any video you open on any websited and download it to watch at your convinience
Re: After Effects- Help! by Bassline: 10:18pm On May 04, 2009
sanctisam:

Pls am new to After effects, anyone please help!

What is the composition settings used in creating videos for TV commercials, web animations and any other PLUS why is it that after effects runs slow on my system even with 1gb of RAM?

Any contribution will be highly appreciated.

THANX!

As everyone has said, video co-pilot is a good place to start. They have a basics section which is very good for starters.  The reason your computer is running so slowly is because After effects dey chop ram like no mans business. Most times, you will need a dedicated Graphic card with Open GL to get any sort of decent rendering times. 3d invigorator is quite good if you know how to use it for motion graphics. It's not as powerful as a Maya, but for day to day, it's really good and works natively in After Effects.

My one piece of advice will be to immerse yourself. Read any bit of literature you can  get your hands on and experiment constantly.

The size of your composition is determined by the client. You do as your told in that respect.
Re: After Effects- Help! by sanctisam(m): 11:04am On May 06, 2009
U guys are the BOMB 'Osama' has Bn looking for!
Re: After Effects- Help! by spyemy(m): 8:02am On May 07, 2009
smiley
Re: After Effects- Help! by sanctisam(m): 2:17pm On May 11, 2009
Like I said U guys re the BOMB Osama has been lookin for. I mean U guys re great. Thanx 4 all yr replies.

Soji the 3D invig. is realy cool though a bit complex 4 me 2 knw how 2 create my desierd shape. Howeva I was able 2 successfuly import a .3ds. Pls do U knw of any site where I can get 3D files I can easily import?

Xothermik thanx 4 sugesting orbit, its jst d@ dwnloadin wit my conectn can B realy realy slow. How can I get D ones you have sucessfuly downloaded? I dnt mind paying.

Spyemy thanx 4 D enlitenmnt. I didnt knw CS4 Had such 1daful xtra features. Un4tunately I havnt Bn able 2 lay my hands on CS4 colectn. I'm stil usin AE 6
PS Cs3.
pls what realy is D difference btw this 'node' thing and layers. Is Nuke some kind of pinnacle kind of app. ?

Zpix, dams, bassL n others thanx 4 all yr contributns. I appreciate yr help. Realy.
Re: After Effects- Help! by flagship(m): 11:27am On May 12, 2009
you shud have at least 2gb of RAM to do any graphic stuff if you dont wanna get fraustrated and smash your screen during heavy projects. an NVIDIA 7600 graphic card will do
Re: After Effects- Help! by Kemjisuper(m): 7:45am On May 13, 2009
flagship:

you shud have at least 2gb of RAM to do any graphic stuff if you dont wanna get fraustrated and smash your screen during heavy projects. an NVIDIA 7600 graphic card will do

I disagree. I'm using 1GB RAM for Graphics running on Windows Vista for that matter. You don't necessarily have to wait till you get up to 2GB before attempting Graphics. It basically boils down to your knowledge of system resources management.

Higher RAM values pays though!

Re: After Effects- Help! by xothermik(m): 11:10am On May 14, 2009
sanctisam:

Xothermik thanx 4 sugesting orbit, its jst d@ dwnloadin wit my conectn can B realy realy slow. How can I get D ones you have sucessfuly downloaded? I dnt mind paying.

i dont mind givin u for free the ones i hav thing is i live in abj and m not sure thats d same 4 u.
Re: After Effects- Help! by sanctisam(m): 12:00am On May 18, 2009
Xothermik I'm very very greatful for ofering to help. I live in Jos. I dont think D distance is much. I'ld B glad if U can send yr phone no. to shoksfriends@yahoo.com so I can giv U a call. Thanx again!

Kemji I think what flagship is saying is that for heavy/complex task 1GB of RAM is not likely goin to B enof. But for basic n simple task like U rightly said, 1GB shld do. And thats why I'm suprisd that it takes time 4 my comp. to let me do simple stuffs. I gues I'ld hav to upgrade my Ram anyway but I dnt knw if I can do the same to my lap top's graphic card.
Re: After Effects- Help! by sanctisam(m): 9:09pm On May 24, 2009
, yes, I.m listening,
Re: After Effects- Help! by sanctisam(m): 12:11am On Jun 01, 2009
I know a lot of you Afta fx guys are always busy doin one project or the other but pls dont leav dis novice Bhind. I need yr help!

Pls how can I manage my photoshop files properly in afta fx without loosing any photoshop fx. Wen I import my .psd (that has certain fx/blendin applied) into Afta fx, a lot of D layers appear without D photoshop applied effects while some do.

PLS How can I fix this?
Re: After Effects- Help! by sojioguns(m): 9:27am On Jun 01, 2009
My advice to you is to "bake" your photoshop effects into simple layers because After effects does not read all photoshop effects well, especially if you are using different versions eg Photoshop CS2 in After effects CS3.
To do this, just right-click on the FX icon on the layer in photoshop and click on "Create layer". This creates the layers that the effect comprises of, eg for a drop shadow effect, it creates a black layer behind the original layer, etc.
Also when importing the photoshop layers into after effects, always ensure you import as a composition.
Re: After Effects- Help! by sanctisam(m): 7:16pm On Jun 07, 2009
Thanx very much. I'ld try that & would B happy if it works.
Re: After Effects- Help! by slimnike(m): 5:44pm On Jun 24, 2009
Wow! I have learnt something.

(1) (Reply)

Photo Realism Portrait Painting By Nigeria Artist Ayeola Ayodeji / Girl goes nude for her 20th birthday photo shoot / Can Anyone Teach Me Photoshop Or Flash Or Maya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.