Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,175 members, 7,880,663 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 12:29 AM

Amaechi's Ministerial Nomination: Buhari Government Has Failed The Moral Test - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi's Ministerial Nomination: Buhari Government Has Failed The Moral Test (23584 Views)

Ambassadorial Nomination: Buhari Sidelines Governors; Osinbajo Gets 1 Slot / Celebration After Amaechi's Ministerial Screening (pictures) / Police Uncovers Plans To Protest Amaechi’s Ministerial Nomination (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amaechi's Ministerial Nomination: Buhari Government Has Failed The Moral Test by modath(f): 11:43am On Oct 10, 2015
HopeAtHand:

Believe me, as i dont like you in particular, if i set up a penel even if its your fathers house, i must find you guilty.. tongue grin

You know this & you are still talking to these people...

One of the worst endeavours to undertake is to try to reason with with emotionally immature people who also happen to have an axe to grind on a subject matter...

Leave them be, you can't win this argument, they will beat down with their repressed anger & bitterness..

If Wike truly has a "watertight case" built, EFCC would have lighted fire on Amaechi's ass & hell would have fallen on him by now...

All he is hoping for is to cast enough doubt on his integrity to turn public sympathy away from him..

So far, he is only succeeding online with tribal bigots..

4 Likes

Re: Amaechi's Ministerial Nomination: Buhari Government Has Failed The Moral Test by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:57am On Oct 10, 2015
HopeAtHand:

Why must i ask Bode George and Ibori..why not i ask Odili or the pardoned Alamieyesiegha.

He isn't answering to Wike his boy..Wike is his boy..Maybe i shud repeat it again, Wike no reach..This present RVSG is made up of PEJs jokers and clowns..Anytime a serious leader becomes governor, he can send for Amaechi.

And See the way you mention jail like you work in a jailhouse..alright, go and hijack Amaechi and lock him in your jail.
To you it is about Wike, to rivers people it is about RVSG on behalf of Rivers people against Amaechi. With time he will be brought to justice.

Talking about Alamesiegha pardon, Alams was pardoned by the State (National Council of State) and NOT the President. He wasn't given the presidential prerogative of mercy but STATE pardon. The National Council of State, consists of ALL 36 Govs, ALL fmr Presidents and Heads of State, the Chief Justice of Nigeria, the Senate President and Speaker of the House. The President Chair the body while the Vice President is Deputy Chair. All members present at that infamous meeting (including APC Govs) endorsed the pardon. The President only acted on the endorsement.

You have learnt something this day sir!

4 Likes

Re: Amaechi's Ministerial Nomination: Buhari Government Has Failed The Moral Test by HopeAtHand: 12:08pm On Oct 10, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

To you it is about Wike, to rivers people it is about RVSG on behalf of Rivers people against Amaechi. With time he will be brought to justice.

Talking about Alamesiegha pardon, Alams was pardoned by the State (National Council of State) and NOT the President. He wasn't given the presidential prerogative of mercy but STATE pardon. The National Council of State, consists of ALL 36 Govs, ALL fmr Presidents and Heads of State, the Chief Justice of Nigeria, the Senate President and Speaker of the House. The President Chair the body while the Vice President is Deputy Chair. All members present at that infamous meeting (including APC Govs) endorsed the pardon. The President only acted on the endorsement.

keep your teaching for someone else.

Where you in coma when GEJ gleefully defended the state pardon of Alams claiming Alams travails was politically motivated..GEJ opened his mouth to say because Alams was his boss, he had to pardon him..

Only corrupt people will pardon corrupt people.

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi's Ministerial Nomination: Buhari Government Has Failed The Moral Test by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:14pm On Oct 10, 2015
HopeAtHand:

Where you in coma when GEJ gleefully defended the state pardon of Alams claiming Alams travails was politically motivated..GEJ opened his mouth to say because Alams was his boss, he had to pardon him..

Why are you lying? NO time did GEJ ever said Alams travail was political. GEJ through Ruben Abati only said Alams has been punished and the Council found him to have repented. Gowon was in fact the first to defend the decision of the Council.

The State, not the President pardoned Alamesiegha. I have educated you on that. All members of the Council were responsible!

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi's Ministerial Nomination: Buhari Government Has Failed The Moral Test by dunkem21(m): 12:16pm On Oct 10, 2015
HopeAtHand:

Say thank you for the education you received and stop blabbing.

4 Likes

Re: Amaechi's Ministerial Nomination: Buhari Government Has Failed The Moral Test by wolebanks(m): 12:24pm On Oct 10, 2015
Am sure despite all the allegations no evidence has been brought to Mr President. Damn them all! They expect Mr President to make decisions based on rumours, hearsay, or things in the media space, or break under pressure? No way.
Carry on Presido you are the right President for a time like this.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi's Ministerial Nomination: Buhari Government Has Failed The Moral Test by Nobody: 12:33pm On Oct 10, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
PMB was never prepared for governance, his antics has been a colossal failure that Nigerians are groaning under his ineptitude.

PMB is a Disaster
Why?
@bolded

1 Like

Re: Amaechi's Ministerial Nomination: Buhari Government Has Failed The Moral Test by HopeAtHand: 12:35pm On Oct 10, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Why are you lying? NO time did GEJ ever said Alams travail was political. GEJ through Ruben Abati only said Alams has been punished and the Council found him to have repented. Gowon was in fact the first to defend the decision of the Council.

The State, not the President pardoned Alamesiegha. I have educated you on that. All members of the Council were responsible!

In your opinion, was Alams corrupt, did he misappropriate state funds or not..

And should state pardon be given to "repented" criminals..

Can those criminals be trusted with our commonwealth again??

1 Like

Re: Amaechi's Ministerial Nomination: Buhari Government Has Failed The Moral Test by Nobody: 12:38pm On Oct 10, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Stop this lies nau....
The bolded is complete invalid and wrong.
The President initiated the whole Pardon in the first instance. Please stop the lies.
Yes, the whole members of the council endorsed the Pardon But stop saying That's what the President worked on, the President gave almost everyone NO option But to endorse, it was all his doing. Say the truth sometimes please!

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi's Ministerial Nomination: Buhari Government Has Failed The Moral Test by Nobody: 12:41pm On Oct 10, 2015
HopeAtHand:

NO need asking him this question! You should know his reply, and it will be gross malady to believe him.
Truth be told, all what Op and his PDP cohorts are doing now have all been Done by APC when they were opposition!
I just want to learn How to accommodate them, nothing is new in all their blabbing! It's gonna be a long 4years mates

1 Like

Re: Amaechi's Ministerial Nomination: Buhari Government Has Failed The Moral Test by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:41pm On Oct 10, 2015
HopeAtHand:

Alams was VERY corrupt! He even pleaded guilty before the judge. Who is entrusting Alams with office? Did GEJ appoint alams into his government? What are you saying

1 Like

Re: Amaechi's Ministerial Nomination: Buhari Government Has Failed The Moral Test by HopeAtHand: 12:45pm On Oct 10, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Alams was VERY corrupt! He even pleaded guilty before the judge. Who is entrusting Alams with office? Did GEJ appoint alams into his government? What are you saying

GEJ has intentions to appoint Alams into his government to join him steal Nigeria blind.

Take it from me....or leave it!!

1 Like

Re: Amaechi's Ministerial Nomination: Buhari Government Has Failed The Moral Test by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:47pm On Oct 10, 2015
HopeAtHand:

GEJ has intentions to appoint Alams into his government to join him steal Nigeria blind.

Take it from me....or leave it!!
Were you privy to the mind of GEJ's mind when he was in government? Oga you no get talk.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi's Ministerial Nomination: Buhari Government Has Failed The Moral Test by HopeAtHand: 12:53pm On Oct 10, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Were you privy to the mind of GEJ's mind when he was in government? Oga you no get talk.

You have to thank the stars GEJ lost, Nigerians would have been in for a shocker.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi's Ministerial Nomination: Buhari Government Has Failed The Moral Test by NwabuezeWini: 1:03pm On Oct 10, 2015
But if buhari knew that he was going to make all the people that helped him to become the president as ministers while waiting for 4months to announce d names. He would av just announced it d same day he was sworn into office and stop deceiving himself that he is going to fight corruption.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi's Ministerial Nomination: Buhari Government Has Failed The Moral Test by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:04pm On Oct 10, 2015
HopeAtHand:

You have to thank the stars GEJ lost, Nigerians would have been in for a shocker.
Guy stop sounding like a Lai Muhammed's protege

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi's Ministerial Nomination: Buhari Government Has Failed The Moral Test by Nobody: 1:05pm On Oct 10, 2015
Freemanan:
Why? @bolded
don't quote me again
Re: Amaechi's Ministerial Nomination: Buhari Government Has Failed The Moral Test by vladimiros: 1:41pm On Oct 10, 2015
[size=14pt]Tonye

I appreciate your effort in educating fools, but I think starting with Ameachi would just get more haters for now

we Niger Deltans who know that Amaechi is a thief should just sit and watch, a thief would steal if not caught, let his supporters praise him for now, they would soon call for his head.

But keep up the fight brother..[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi's Ministerial Nomination: Buhari Government Has Failed The Moral Test by QTEST007(m): 1:41pm On Oct 10, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Fruit of which labour? This is a statement of corrupt apostle! Someone allegedly stole Rivers state blind and you are saying we should reward him the more. What a life!
No man is a saint.
We are all capable of Good and Evil,Given the right environment
The justice system under the FG led by GEJ encouraged corruption,hence,every politician under His government was corrupt.
The New political dispensation abhors corruptuon, so, every politician under it must put on their cloak of righteousness.
Leave Amaechi alone,he has what it takes to perform as minister,so let him be one.
Re: Amaechi's Ministerial Nomination: Buhari Government Has Failed The Moral Test by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:57pm On Oct 10, 2015
QTEST007:

No man is a saint.
We are all capable of Good and Evil,Given the right environment
The justice system under the FG led by GEJ encouraged corruption,hence,every politician under His government was corrupt.
The New political dispensation abhors corruptuon, so, every politician under it must put on their cloak of righteousness.
Leave Amaechi alone,he has what it takes to perform as minister,so let him be one.
What double standard? Is Buhari the Judge that washes away sins? Which country will take Nigeria serious if we adopt this so-called practice? Did Amaechi allegedly stole Buhari's personal money or Rivers money? If he need forgiveness, he should appear before Rivers people and ask for one. Return whatever he stole and plead guilty before the judge,

1 Like

Re: Amaechi's Ministerial Nomination: Buhari Government Has Failed The Moral Test by Nobody: 2:46pm On Oct 10, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
don't quote me again
I will not, when you answer my question sir

1 Like

Re: Amaechi's Ministerial Nomination: Buhari Government Has Failed The Moral Test by networkrecharg: 3:23pm On Oct 10, 2015
[size=20pt]Amaechis is the best....[/size]

1 Like

Re: Amaechi's Ministerial Nomination: Buhari Government Has Failed The Moral Test by networkrecharg: 3:36pm On Oct 10, 2015
[size=30pt]We the real Niger Deltan Know that AMAECHI is a good leader and non-corrupt man... [/size]

vladimiros:
[size=14pt]Tonye

I appreciate your effort in educating fools, but I think starting with Ameachi would just get more haters for now

we Niger Deltans who know that Amaechi is a thief should just sit and watch, a thief would steal if not caught, let his supporters praise him for now, they would soon call for his head.

But keep up the fight brother..[/size]

1 Like

Re: Amaechi's Ministerial Nomination: Buhari Government Has Failed The Moral Test by Nobody: 4:04pm On Oct 10, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
Should Amaechi be cleared as minister of the federal republic of Nigeria? Just like the 8th Senate did for Saraki, Buhari's decision to nominate Amaechi was influenced by political consideration without regard for his integrity/antecedent.

Buhari Elevates Politics Over Principle:
While I recognise the prerogative of President Buhari to appoint men and women that he considers worthy enough to form his cabinet, I beg to ask whether the President was in a trance when he pledged to appoint only people of credible character when elected. His recent nomination of messrs Rotimi Amaechi and Raji Fashola betrays his pre-electoral position on appointing "only" credible characters into his administration. Though Amaechi and Fashola are yet to be charged before a court nor convicted, morality demands that they be allowed to FIRST clear all allegations against them either through being certified 'Innocent' by the investigators or through the courts(if they are indeed innocent) before given new political responsibilities. Buhari's nomination of these men (and others) despite the allegations against them is a testament that he upholds politics over principle.
I CONCUR

Who Is The 8th Senate Trying To Impress?
I burst into laughter when Senate spokesman Otunba Dino Malaye was reading out conditions for screening. I laughed more when he mentioned 'Asset Declaration' and 'thorough scrutiny'. What does the 8th Senate want to do with the asset declaration of ministerian nominees when they (senators) are yet to publicly declare there own asset before the public?

SEC 149. A Minister of the Government of the Federation shall not enter upon the duties of his office, unless he has declared his assets and liabilities as prescribed in this Constitution and has subsequently taken and subscribed the Oath of Allegiance and the oath of office for the due execution of the duties of his office prescribed in the Seventh Schedule to this Constitution.

Are they not the same people that are led by a man that is currently undergoing criminal trial before the Code of Conduct Tribunal for declaring false asset before CCB? What thorough scrutiny will the 8th Senate subject the ministerial nominees to when only two weeks ago they passed vote of confidence on a man that is undergoing criminal trial? What question will SP Saraki ask would-be ministers? What moral legitimacy does the 8th Senate have to reject a nominee on account of alleged corruption when only recently they passed vote of confidence on their President that is an alleged criminal? Who are they trying to impress?

They are all Rogues, both the nominees and those screening them.

Re: Amaechi's Ministerial Nomination: Buhari Government Has Failed The Moral Test by Bitterleafsoup: 4:08pm On Oct 10, 2015
We are watching you senators. This is a big blow to our democracy!

Re: Amaechi's Ministerial Nomination: Buhari Government Has Failed The Moral Test by onismate: 4:25pm On Oct 10, 2015
Just like dunkem21and livingdiamond had expressed. a worker is worthy of his wages and you just have to bend some rules in politics. Tonyebarcanista this is politics , in as much that baba had made a mistake with the clamouring of Mr integrity he came with. Now he's now on the hot seat and trying to bend his own rules (not our rules) because he was the one spreading the integrity gospel. barcanista you are from rivers state I guess. Amaechi is not s saint quit alright but I bet if Amaechi is not compensated, Buhari will receive more than what GEJ got from Amaechi. all Buhari is doing is just obeying the law of compensation. Amaechi is not that loyal. He supported APC because of his interest.
Re: Amaechi's Ministerial Nomination: Buhari Government Has Failed The Moral Test by vladimiros: 4:58pm On Oct 10, 2015
networkrecharg:
[size=30pt]We the real Niger Deltan Know that AMAECHI is a good leader and non-corrupt man... [/size]

[size=16pt]any Niger Deltan who comes from the south -south and say Ameachi is not Corrupt.. is FVCKING IMPOSTOR

YOU ARE A LIAR, A BLOODY LIAR[/size]
Re: Amaechi's Ministerial Nomination: Buhari Government Has Failed The Moral Test by yoji: 5:22pm On Oct 10, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
Should Amaechi be cleared as minister of the federal republic of Nigeria? Just like the 8th Senate did for Saraki, Buhari's decision to nominate Amaechi was influenced by political consideration without regard for his integrity/antecedent.

Buhari Elevates Politics Over Principle:
While I recognise the prerogative of President Buhari to appoint men and women that he considers worthy enough to form his cabinet, I beg to ask whether the President was in a trance when he pledged to appoint only people of credible character when elected. His recent nomination of messrs Rotimi Amaechi and Raji Fashola betrays his pre-electoral position on appointing "only" credible characters into his administration. Though Amaechi and Fashola are yet to be charged before a court nor convicted, morality demands that they be allowed to FIRST clear all allegations against them either through being certified 'Innocent' by the investigators or through the courts(if they are indeed innocent) before given new political responsibilities. Buhari's nomination of these men (and others) despite the allegations against them is a testament that he upholds politics over principle.

Who Is The 8th Senate Trying To Impress?
I burst into laughter when Senate spokesman Otunba Dino Malaye was reading out conditions for screening. I laughed more when he mentioned 'Asset Declaration' and 'thorough scrutiny'. What does the 8th Senate want to do with the asset declaration of ministerian nominees when they (senators) are yet to publicly declare there own asset before the public? Are they not the same people that are led by a man that is currently undergoing criminal trial before the Code of Conduct Tribunal for declaring false asset before CCB? What thorough scrutiny will the 8th Senate subject the ministerial nominees to when only two weeks ago they passed vote of confidence on a man that is undergoing criminal trial? What question will SP Saraki ask would-be ministers? What moral legitimacy does the 8th Senate have to reject a nominee on account of alleged corruption when only recently they passed vote of confidence on their President that is an alleged criminal? Who are they trying to impress?

Kudos To Senator Sekibo But...:
My position on Amaechi is very clear, he's morally unfit to represent Rivers state in the Federal Executive Council until he is cleared of all allegations against him. I sincerely commend my very own senator, George Sekibo for submitting petitions to the Senate on behalf of the ever loving people of Rivers state. But I have to admit that I don't see the petition scaling through for two reasons; One, the President is well aware of these allegations but he has shown that he doesn't care; Two, the 8th Senate is led by an alleged corrupt official that is presently under trial before a tribunal. There is the burden of moral legitimacy hanging on their neck. However, Amaechi's confirmation or otherwise cannot invalidate the allegations against him.

Nigerians Must Decide Where They Stand:
Nigerians are a special set of people. The people that went on protest in solidarity of Tinubu when he was being tried before the CCT, are the same group that were mocking a certain group that were protesting and showing Solidarity for the alleged corrupt Bukola Saraki. The group of people that were insisting that Saraki should not be tried for corruption is the same group that is crying that Amaechi and co should not be cleared due to the corruption allegation on their neck. The group that was calling for the head of Princess Oduah when she spent N260million on TWO cars in 2013 is the same group that defended Fashola for spending N78million on personal website. The group that defended Oduah then is the same group that has been calling for Fashola's head. Are both groups not confused and contradicting themselves? Is it proper to support misconduct when it suits us and oppose same when it doesn't? It is time for us as a people to define what we want and what we stand for.

Finally, by nominating Rotimi Amaechi and other people of questionable characters to serve as ministers of his government, President Buhari has betrayed the public confidence that was reposed on him on March 28. Like his predecessors, he has shown that he is ever ready to 'suspend' his principles in order to reward political allies. Indeed, President Muhammadu Buhari belongs to some people, he doesn't belong to everybody.

May God Bless Us All
hypocrite. U were in d moon when GEJ nominated obanikoro despite allegations of rigging election hanging over his head BA? More interestingly ur wailing party gave him a pass during screening.

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi's Ministerial Nomination: Buhari Government Has Failed The Moral Test by saint047(m): 5:24pm On Oct 10, 2015
Until we resolve the issue of Respect to Authority and Reciprocity of respect

We can't settle 2 cases

GEJ V Amaechi
Oliseh v Enyeama
Re: Amaechi's Ministerial Nomination: Buhari Government Has Failed The Moral Test by westlius(m): 5:44pm On Oct 10, 2015
Amechi my minister rivers pple stands for u

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amaechi's Ministerial Nomination: Buhari Government Has Failed The Moral Test by ZUBY77(m): 5:44pm On Oct 10, 2015
dunkem21:
A worker is worthy of his wages .. Amaechi should be compensated by making him a minister but Buhari should not disturb our eardrums again to say he is fighting Corruption ..

..If Amaechi is incorrupt, then Saraki is a Pope!

Amaechi should be compensated or the people of Rivers State should be compensated?
Did he become governor by himself or through the people?

What kind of world do you people live in?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

It’s Rape Of Democracy, Says Sylva As INEC Stops Poll / Again, States Seek Another Bailout, Osun Worst Hit / Jonathan In London Clinic For Intestinal Problems - SaharaReporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.