Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,557 members, 7,895,258 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 July 2024 at 06:17 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 - Travel (379) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (867490 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 7:08am On Mar 21, 2016
Sheni una don see am? No be werrin we talk before? That. Some fellows can never be reasoned with.
Imagine the answers! Because I can and for safe keeping. I beg u?!
These people feel entitled That its their right. Adanne if u can't change anything else , you can ensure they NEVER use that nos. Let nothing stop u from making that call today o! U sef if na borrow, borrow money and come back biko!
Nonsense and ingridents people.jobless somebody reading another person's bbm.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by mohammad2016: 7:26am On Mar 21, 2016
biollar1:

If I were you, I will do Newyork then connect my flight locally to Houston( Smooth and cheaper). Direct flight to Houston is very comforting but IAH has so many disadvs and I'm not ready for story that touch.

All the best

And for the CBP, which one is easy? as we don't like to return back to our home from the airport, note that all our planning is ready, I've arrangment with hospital, doctor, and bank settlement, cash,...etc
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by favoredgal: 7:30am On Mar 21, 2016
Wait o Girloom you have been there since November 3 and today is March 21 that's 4 month already.

Hmm. Too long to be a guest in anyone's house. See finish has also entered the matter

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 7:44am On Mar 21, 2016
favoredgal:
Wait o Girloom you have been there since November 3 and today is March 21 that's 4 month already.

Hmm. Too long to be a guest in anyone's house. See finish has also entered the matter
Gbam!

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 8:10am On Mar 21, 2016
favoredgal:

after see finish I must add that she's very tolerant, a woman of God like Ladyg cheesy because if Na me I don't know what would have happened by now undecided lipsrsealed I really don't but me sef no go stay reach 4 months so I go fit get mouth to swear for all of them join together grin grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Iwanawana: 8:23am On Mar 21, 2016
girlloom:
My dear, coming here was a massive mistake. I am 30 and this lady is 34, I knew I had entered one chance when she told me to attach Aunty to her name and uncle to her husband. Few weeks after I arrived here, I had a chat with my husband on bbm that I was being treated like a maid, this lady went through my phone while I was sleeping, read the chat and got upset. My husband made me apologize to her for invading my own privacy. Despite the fact my pregnancy was high risk, this lady turned me into a semi maid. Things I haven't done in my own house I have done here. She once instructed me to warm food for her 2 year old, my son started crying and I went to attend to him, she asked about the food and I told her my son was crying, her response was 'so you left my son's food because he was crying, let him cry now' Her son comes back with all sorts of sickness from daycare, she gets upset when I try to protect my child. Now my son is ill, caught a bad cold, thanks to her son sneezing on his face severally. I have had sleepless nights in the past 2 days and will have to take him in tomorrow and pay as we have no insurance. Back to what happened today, she said I was ungrateful because I asked why they opened my son's envelope...imagine? My husband delayed in sending money for his visa and that's the only reason I am still here. Her husband was able to pacify her to let me stay saying what would people say back home. Let me also add that she keeps saying she and her brother were very close before he met me and I want to change him. I plan to change my ticket to the earliest date possible and I am still going to call the IRS. Apologies for my uncoordinated rant, I am upset that I am in this kind of situation. Left my spacious house to come and chop insult in this cabin.

This kain rubbish dey vex me I swear! If na me today today I don leave that house! What rubbish!!! Even if I have just one day left thier is nothing that would make me not to leave that house. In as much as I understand that mummies want to minimize cost in this our American dream journey,please if you can, respect your heavily pregnant self and find urself even if na 'face me I face you'(which I am certain it will still be better than Naija self contained in a bq in a posh location) somewhere close.
Staying with relatives no matter how close u both seem to be, one day one day una must crash somehow and it's usually from the so called host bcuz they always believe they are doing you a favour. That's how I stayed with my 'Immidiate younger sister' and her family in one 'abroad country' not US. Even as I paid half of the rent and paid electricity and water bill just bcuz I don't want any insult from her as she's a baby sis. We still crashed a day before I left for Naija with my twins and a niece and we didn't speak to each other for more than a year. Everyone including mumsy was against her attitude she later apologised and I learnt my lesson also.

So people, while saving for hospital bills, also try save for accomodation please so that you can go and have ur baby jejeli, have ur privacy and farth as loud as you feel like in ur own space without any nonetity feeling very important make ur life and that of ur lo miserable.
I rest my case.

8 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Iwanawana: 8:31am On Mar 21, 2016
favoredgal:

Very true! Overstayed ur welcome already.

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by biollar1: 8:35am On Mar 21, 2016
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

favoredgal:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by girlloom(f): 8:39am On Mar 21, 2016
favoredgal:

I know right, all thanks to my husband who kept pushing that I stayed back till our son clocks 3 months. Also the sis inlaw wanted me around for nanny services. I wanted to leave in January to some other place when his mom came over, my husband called my parents that I wanted to put the newborn at risk. He said if I took his child outside his sis home that I should as well end the marriage. His mom frustrated me real good. One particular day in Feb, the mom told her daughter that my son could have been handsome if not for the nose I gave him, I couldn't take it and let out all she had been doing to me, unpleasant words were exchanged, she said yes because I want to separate her from her son and destroy her family. The sister was extremely happy to call my husband to let him know I exchanged words with his mother and my once peaceful and happy marriage turned into something else since then.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Iwanawana: 8:52am On Mar 21, 2016
girlloom:

I know right, all thanks to my husband who kept pushing that I stayed back till our son clocks 3 months. Also the sis inlaw wanted me around for nanny services. I wanted to leave in January to some other place when his mom came over, my husband called my parents that I wanted to put the newborn at risk. He said if I took his child outside his sis home that I should as well end the marriage. His mom frustrated me real good. One particular day in Feb, the mom told her daughter that my son could have been handsome if not for the nose I gave him, I couldn't take it and let out all she had been doing to me, unpleasant words were exchanged, she said yes because I want to separate her from her son and destroy her family. The sister was extremely happy to call my husband to let him know I exchanged words with his mother and my once peaceful and happy marriage turned into something else since then.

Wow! Wow! Wow! May you find that joy that has kept your family this far again I pray! Sha do and come back quick. This is really touching and must be frustrating even with the condition you are in. I hope you learnt one or two lessons from this and move on. Your number aim now should be to make peace in UR HOME any which way you can and forget about any other person. Once. You are at peace with ur hubby, he's ready to defend you even infront of your mother in law and other in laws. Be strong and don't let this faze you.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by greatie: 8:55am On Mar 21, 2016
Goodmorning my lovely people,
Still on ticket haunting. Mamas travelling 13-16th june pls holla lets talk biko.

Wishing everyone a pleasant and favourable week. smiley
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 9:06am On Mar 21, 2016
Chlock u slap this early mor mor ehhh! U won't believe cheesy
Mind yasef o!
Girloom chai! U have serious anointing o! Well done! Please them don curse u finish no prollem. Just make sure they don't use that nos . Them wan use ssn from person wen em nose no fine abi?

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by osat82(f): 9:16am On Mar 21, 2016
TheLeakyTribe:

So the girl returned to the house at night, believing that we had all travelled and hoping to get her credentials and other things she left behind which I had moved into a room and locked up. of course she didn't have access to the house and was held back by the security till my husband was alerted.

he took her to the police station where she was interrogated for hours.(note that he had to pay for this oh).

that's just the highest level of rubbish i av ever heard,u av to pay the police to do their jobs,i cant just comprehend.

the goatish girl has to produce that money
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by osat82(f): 9:24am On Mar 21, 2016
girlloom:
Okay house, after reading all the comments I decided to ask my sister inlaw about the SSN. I went to her that I was worried that his card came without an envelope and got a shocker...she said what do I want to use the envelope for? I said SSN is private information and why was it opened, she said they opened it because they could. I lost it and told her respect was reciprocal and it was wrong. She turned it into fight and asked me to leave her house. The husband came and intervened that they held on to it because it was delicate, dumbest reason ever. Unfortunately, my husband is scared of his sister and not saying much. I am so mad right now, I never wanted to stay with his family but didn't have a better option. Just looking to get his visa and return home asap

please just find another place to stay immediately(the world does not stop because she gave you a place to stay)and ensure you report the case ASAP
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by greatie: 9:30am On Mar 21, 2016
girlloom:
My dear, coming here was a massive mistake. I am 30 and this lady is 34, I knew I had entered one chance when she told me to attach Aunty to her name and uncle to her husband. Few weeks after I arrived here, I had a chat with my husband on bbm that I was being treated like a maid, this lady went through my phone while I was sleeping, read the chat and got upset. My husband made me apologize to her for invading my own privacy. Despite the fact my pregnancy was high risk, this lady turned me into a semi maid. Things I haven't done in my own house I have done here. She once instructed me to warm food for her 2 year old, my son started crying and I went to attend to him, she asked about the food and I told her my son was crying, her response was 'so you left my son's food because he was crying, let him cry now' Her son comes back with all sorts of sickness from daycare, she gets upset when I try to protect my child. Now my son is ill, caught a bad cold, thanks to her son sneezing on his face severally. I have had sleepless nights in the past 2 days and will have to take him in tomorrow and pay as we have no insurance. Back to what happened today, she said I was ungrateful because I asked why they opened my son's envelope...imagine? My husband delayed in sending money for his visa and that's the only reason I am still here. Her husband was able to pacify her to let me stay saying what would people say back home. Let me also add that she keeps saying she and her brother were very close before he met me and I want to change him. I plan to change my ticket to the earliest date possible and I am still going to call the IRS. Apologies for my uncoordinated rant, I am upset that I am in this kind of situation. Left my spacious house to come and chop insult in this cabin.

My dear, it is well. I can imagine what you are going through. Please try to come back no matter what. Your LO is a bit grown and i feel you have overstayed your welcome thats why she has been misbehaving. I pray for strenght and wisdom to handle this.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by biollar1: 9:35am On Mar 21, 2016
girlloom:

My God! You have been bottling a whole lot up o!! It is well dear!!! Please be prayerful
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by biollar1: 9:39am On Mar 21, 2016
I'm telling you

LadyGuinivere:
Chlock u slap this early mor mor ehhh! U won't believe cheesy
Mind yasef o!
Girloom chai! U have serious anointing o! Well done! Please them don curse u finish no prollem. Just make sure they don't use that nos . Them wan use ssn from person wen em nose no fine abi?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 9:40am On Mar 21, 2016
Girlloom this situation is now a delicate one o,its more like you against them all and your hubby will be caught in btw, block the SSN don't report to the authorities because your marriage will be at stake with the situation of things now, pack your load and come back to naija when you come back to Nigeria you will now come and arrange everything that has gone wrong, I pray God restores peace and gives you resilience to continue to endure, God bless you and your LO

10 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by vcole: 9:46am On Mar 21, 2016
@TheLeakyTribe e-hugs for all of this wahala. well, crazy story but i've heard of it before. However most people say that the jazz clears immediately the money is handed over. so why didn't she come back after? also why did she come at night, sneaking in to get her stuff? where was she staying all the time she wasn't home?
all of this has to be clearly explained. And yes, the police has to be paid to enable them actually carry on with the case oh. this is how NPF works in 9ja. It is wrong but it is the reality. The angle of tracing those numbers via the mobile network should be worked on.

@girlloom, sigh. i wish you took heed to my advice....i am sorry for the situation you are in. manage it to the best of your ability. Take the lessons learned and at least you'll know better how to plan another trip next time. e-hugs.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Veka: 9:57am On Mar 21, 2016
formA mostly. how the other things?only PTA is left for me.
biollar1:
With what dear? Form A? Traveling plans? Or Dr E?

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by greatie: 10:03am On Mar 21, 2016
chloe7:
Girlloom this situation is now a delicate one o,its more like you against them all and your hubby will be caught in btw, block the SSN don't report to the authorities because your marriage will be at stake with the situation of things now, pack your load and come back to naija when you come back to Nigeria you will now come and arrange everything that has gone wrong, I pray God restores peace and gives you resilience to continue to endure, God bless you and your LO

Yeah i am in support that she should just block the number and not report them because of her marriage. If she reports them, no matter how she paint the whole story her husband will be more vex than now. Men and their family are inseperatable no matter what we wives does. God will help you darling.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by TLKMama: 10:05am On Mar 21, 2016
funtolash:
@ LadyGuinivere, thanks for your response but I think your answer was more or less saying my questions were stupid. If you don't understand the logic behind my question, I think you should just have ignored it. For instance on the airline question, different airline with different customer service that makes the flight more pleasant than the other. I read someone asked what the rate for moneygram at unity bank was. Why didn't the person just Google it? Becos he/she trust to get a firsthand info from here.

Even if i am stupid, I am not stupid enough not to know that I need to do my research and homework but nothing beats experience. Alot of people have asked questions about hospitals accommodation that they probably can easily find on Google but they chose to ask it here cos they will get first hand info about them and even probably more recent one at that.

Just curious, when you wanted info on this platform, did you read through the entire over 1000pages including part 1 &2?

Really don't know you from anywhere and wld have appreciated your silence than the response you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by TLKMama: 10:09am On Mar 21, 2016
Seriously, You are an angel! What!!!! That be why I be loving you Ladygunivere! You too #gbaski. Hugs.

LadyGuinivere:

1. Nos 1 and 2 . Read back the first page of this thread.
3. That would be dependent on your pocket level and again if you are travelling with hubby to help babysit.
4. Read the thread and get a general idea of which month people travelled. Last last, u weigh ur medical history against the pregnancy travel policy of your flight .
5. Again. Dependent on your research. Some folks got all their docx ready in 2-3 weeks and left back for Naija because they were prepared. Read up on process for documentation . I'll see if I have it somewre and post for u. If not somebody may be kind enough to do so. The more u stay back , the more u pay. So your hardwork will determine.
6. You can stay with family if u want. The most important thing is that u prove u can pay for ALL your treatments.
7. Read the ist page of this thread. There's a list of hospitals/link. Get your phone loaded and start calling.
8. Go to the US embassy website for process on dropbox renewal

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by bizzle6: 10:32am On Mar 21, 2016
@ leakytribe I'm so sorry about what happened to you, bt the best part is she's bk. I'll advise u release her and get someone to follow her abt without her knowledge For 1 Wk. If her story is true you would know. To be candid these things happen bt @ the same time she could be lying.

TheLeakyTribe:

Amen and amen. thanks a lot.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by TLKMama: 10:32am On Mar 21, 2016
Looooooooooooooooooool! ROTFL x5

justwise:

Good morning, now that the initiation is over you can now relax and watch the next victim to be baptised grin grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nefertitiram: 10:38am On Mar 21, 2016
modath:

TheLeakyTribe,

As dubious & crazy the story sounds & is, one has heard crazier but true ones, based on the fact that you said her knowing the "exact location" of the money was surprising to you too......

However, one has seen innovative & inventive criminals that the master of deceit, Devil himself is learning work from, so it's a real dicey situation.....

The steps to investigate na the way right now & i pray that anyone anyway this loss/theft will not make any difference, it will end in praise....

Girlloom,

I will kwayet as i have nothing nice to say about your in law but i will just say, since the relationship is never going to be the same again, do what you have to do cool

You gave them a chance to redeem themselves but they formed boss, issokay!!

Chloe7,

As pragmatic as I've always been, i never thought the in law drama would happen to me (we discussed it here) ,

Thought the usual 2-3wks visits treatment can & will be sustained in a few months scenario but we grow to learn...

However Nef's cousin is not of this world, she has taken in another naija preggy & isn't even fazed about it...

Hehehehe, and I may be visiting again just when the preggy will. Be leaving but heading to minneasota. She was upset I'm not coming to Chicago so she sed I should bring her baby for her and continue on to wherever I'm going. Her heart eh, it's big enough for Africa. Wasn't she the one that told us the creepy SSN stories and asked us to ditch it sef?

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nefertitiram: 10:40am On Mar 21, 2016
girlloom:

Abeg do ETC and come back home asap. That's rubbish na!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 10:41am On Mar 21, 2016
Good morning mamas, I personally see this girllooms case as a coop that has being on in that family? The cheat they planned is why they actually allowed her in their house not to asist their brother who is the baby's father reduce cost.
So personally, I think that either she still takes the case up or not, what will be will be. A criminal must be subjected to what he deserves, let the IRS still be called into this matter. They can't eat their cake and have it.

The leakytribe, I think by now you should have been blessed to confirm the 43k she said she gave the people from her account. However, her story says she gave them the money on friday, bt na Saturday u called her and she ran away. Where did she run to gangan? If it warrants paying/bribing the police ppl to help on the case, pls don't hesitate cos u can't give them one tenth of the money you've lost. Congrats forbir successful poe unsual attack, May God console you .

Biollar1, I can see you enjoyed your weekend...welcome back.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ebonychic18(f): 10:44am On Mar 21, 2016
But why? All this would not have come up if you had restrained yourself a little. This was why some people told you to avoid confrontation. You should have just done your background moves silently without confronting them till maybe the day of your departure. After chopping all that insult from your sis in-law since you've been there what else did you expect from her? someone that has been nursing ill feelings towards you since. Well, the deed has been done so just manage till you come home. Avoid further confrontations please. If you have cash to spare then move out if not then apologize to them and start forming "pls forgive me tinz". kpele. This is a big lesson to intending mamas start saving o and if you really have to stay with a host then be ready to 'chop' anything.
girlloom:

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nefertitiram: 10:45am On Mar 21, 2016
favoredgal:

It doesn't matter, who is good is good. I did 5mths wit a cousin I met on facebook. Na tears dem take tell me goodbye.

13 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by olokings(m): 10:57am On Mar 21, 2016
okie here i gotta wave in a bit,

first of ma'am, sorry about all these drama playing out so far.
call your hubby, and give him a direct notation, its either you provide me a comfortable accomodation outside your SIL's place or you are rescheduling you ticket and catching the next flight back to naija. You are nobody's housemaid/mgr..

what kind of insult is that?!

next when you get home, by all means, kindly sit ur hubby down and redress some groundrules governing both your homes, (i have always been of the opinion that if you wanna have a happy marraige, keep extended families at bay - and i mean both side. whether SIL, BIL, FIL, MIL whatever inlaws coming, if it is not omogwor is not allow to spend more than 3-5 days tops).

from the info seen so far, you and your hubby got no issues asside the heat brought up by ur extended peops...
i wish you good luck with this.

PS: pls kindly take your leave outta that place, because by now i trust ur baby has passed the stage of weekly Pead check ups. worse case go to extended stay or intown suites and manage yourself. these heats are no good for you now trust me, because it will only tick you off, mess up ur physiological chemical balance and set more ticking time bombs with your DH.

have it at the back of your mind that this fracas will blow by and both ursef n dear hubby will be back to the birdie-birds u were few months into your relationship..

ciao

girlloom:

11 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nogen: 11:11am On Mar 21, 2016
Please and please, always save up for accommodation when you are going for birthing.

In fact, for me, I must stay in a rented place or hotel anytime.i go visiting the USA to avoid all these kinds of unnecessary troubles.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) ... (401)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / German Embassy And Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.