Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,867 members, 7,872,883 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 01:51 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1554361 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by dammylizzy: 4:18pm On Oct 30, 2015
Hello Justwise,

Please could you advise me on the list of supporting documents I need to send to my sister to visit me in the UK?

Looking forward to your response and many thanks!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 7:08pm On Oct 30, 2015
dammylizzy:
Hello Justwise,

Please could you advise me on the list of supporting documents I need to send to my sister to visit me in the UK?

Evidence of Address: Tenancy agreement, council tax bill, paid utility bills, copy of your passport data page with clear evidence of your immigration status in the UK, employment letter, pay slip and statement of account. A letter of invite clearly stating that you will accommodate and provide feeding for your sister duration her stay in the UK.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:41pm On Oct 30, 2015
dammylizzy:
Hello Justwise,

Will you be sponsoring the trip in total?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by sssob: 10:15pm On Oct 30, 2015
Hello justwise ..please help clarify...is it compulsory one travels on the date indicated on application ...or once one has been granted visa ..does it mean one can travel any other date outside what was indicated ....what are the consequences .if any ? Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:39am On Oct 31, 2015
sssob:
Hello justwise ..please help clarify...is it compulsory one travels on the date indicated on application ...or once one has been granted visa ..does it mean one can travel any other date outside what was indicated ....what are the consequences .if any ? Thank you

Not really but if you are stopped you need to explain the change in plan regarding the initial stated date of traveling.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by dammylizzy: 8:27pm On Oct 31, 2015
justwise:

Will you be sponsoring the trip in total?

Thank you ever so much justwise. Yes I am sponsoring in total.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by iblaw: 9:11pm On Oct 31, 2015
sssob:

In July i stated in my application i want to travel to London in August, after i got my visa flights were too expensive so i changed my plans. Traveled in September straight into Manchester and no one asked me why i come Manchester at POE.

I was ready for any questions cos i already stated in all my visa applications that i had relatives in London and Manchester.

If you have a good reason, travel when most convenient for you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by sssob: 9:15pm On Oct 31, 2015
Thank you very much ...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Sunny4Gold: 1:47pm On Nov 01, 2015
funlover1:
I seem to be in a fix. I am travelling to the UK on Monday but I cant seem to find where to buy BTA (Pounds). Union Bank promised to sell to me but on getting to their head office today they claimed they do not have pounds anymore. I also approached Access Bank and GT Bank. Feedbacks were negative. Using POS/ATM for transactions abroad will be terribly expensive because of the charges. Buying from the black market is equally expensive, the mallams on broad street are selling at N347 to 1 POUND. Can someone advise?
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)
If you have visa/master card, it is cheaper to use a card because the exchange is rate is carried out by visa/master card. Your bank will charge you there own fee too, which is generally between 1 to 2% of all your purchase. Check your bank visa/master card agreement on international transactions.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Sunny4Gold: 1:55pm On Nov 01, 2015
sssob:
You can travel anytime so far your visa is valid. My advice is that don't mention any family members that you don't name on your application in case they ask you question at point of entry, don't travel with your school certificate.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by yemcol: 4:33pm On Nov 01, 2015
iluvweed:

Ok bro, I spent btw100k-150k to register d new business cant really remember, I had like 4m plus in my acct, and I applied with my family of 4 including my wife and 2 kids. submitted only personal acct, but also submitted a fixed deposit statement for d company. I also included deed of assignments from landed properties(photocopies only). and a company letterhead detailing your full itinerary is very important cos I noticed it was the only document not returned. Also total budget for 2weeks visit is 8k pounds.....2.5k for tickets, 2.5k for vacation home/hotel for 2 weeks and 3k for shopping and miscellaneous. Also my kids birth certs and our wedding cert. then my wifes business cert ONLY..lol...so notice that I submitted ONLY 1 statement of acct which was my personal and not my company acct.....BUT I think my own case was easier cos I have gone to uk without issues twice and I also have a valid yankee visa(all of us) expiring august 2016. So maybe that's why it was faster and easier... grin grin grin

Wish you all goodluck!

@ iluweed I am also told to pay 150k for my tax at lirs....with d income of 170k monthly....Pls what is ur monthly income to have pay 100-150k as tax....thanks and God bless
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 4:58pm On Nov 01, 2015
dammylizzy:

Thank you ever so much justwise. Yes I am sponsoring in total.

Ok you need to send her your tenancy agreement/mortgage paper, 6months payslip and bank statement, data page of your passport and IV.

What i listed above alone will not get her a visa if she got no tie to Nigeria.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by babyisUS: 6:34pm On Nov 01, 2015
justwise:
Please continue posting your enquiries here, the previous thread has reached and passed 400 pages.

Part2 is here for reference purposes https://www.nairaland.com/823855/general-uk-visa-enquiries-part

Hello @Justwise, pls a quick one. Am unemployed at the moment. And I mentioned in my spouse visa that that I used to work until my hubby asked me to quit. Is it wise to include, as part of my supporting documents, former payslips/employment letter as a a proof that I once worked?
Pls help me, am submitting tomorrow.
Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:07pm On Nov 01, 2015
babyisUS:

Hello @Justwise, pls a quick one. Am unemployed at the moment. And I mentioned in my spouse visa that that I used to work until my hubby asked me to quit. Is it wise to include, as part of my supporting documents, former payslips/employment letter as a a proof that I once worked?
Pls help me, am submitting tomorrow.
Thanks.

There is no need adding previous work documents the financial burden will be on your hubby and not you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by babyisUS: 7:21pm On Nov 01, 2015
justwise:

There is no need adding previous work documents the financial burden will be on your hubby and not you.

Alright, thanks a lot.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kaverd: 2:07am On Nov 02, 2015
Hi Justwise, please can you check your mail inbox and help me out?
Respectfully.
thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by sure4real: 11:34am On Nov 02, 2015
@frontpagelawyer,Justwise,kindly help,Ghana is part of common wealth countries and Nigerian does not required VISA, in the uk application form,is been asked maybe one had visited any common wealth countries and the the type of Visa.Please what will someone input in this space?

Thanks for your prompt response.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by AZUH: 12:42pm On Nov 02, 2015
Good morning. This is not part of the discussion here but I really need this help right now. How can I know if a company name is registered? I gave someone my money to register a limited liability company for me and it's out. I want to confirm if it's truly registered. How can I do that? Any idea? Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 12:50pm On Nov 02, 2015
sure4real:
@frontpagelawyer,Justwise,kindly help,Ghana is part of common wealth countries and Nigerian does not required VISA, in the uk application form,is been asked maybe one had visited any common wealth countries and the the type of Visa.Please what will someone input in this space?

Thanks for your prompt response.
The question is simple
Ghana is a commonwealth. The form does not ask you for VISA details of those countries
All they want to know is when and why you went there.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 12:50pm On Nov 02, 2015
AZUH:
Good morning. This is not part of the discussion here but I really need this help right now. How can I know if a company name is registered? I gave someone my money to register a limited liability company for me and it's out. I want to confirm if it's truly registered. How can I do that? Any idea? Thanks.

Go to CAC
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 11:07pm On Nov 02, 2015
kaverd:

Hi Justwise, please can you check your mail inbox and help me out?
Respectfully.
thanks

Please do you mind posting the question here?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Portsmouth86(f): 2:24am On Nov 03, 2015
Hi all

just in case anyone wants prices for return flights from London Gatwick, i was looking around and BA have one way at £171 (£340) oooh

I hope these prices stay similar once i know hubby's visa outcome would be nice to go out to get him haha smiley

Here is a sneek preview smiley 17 Jan til 2nd Feb smiley (with iberia its just £303.06 same flights smiley )

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:37am On Nov 03, 2015
Portsmouth86:
Hi all

just in case anyone wants prices for return flights from London Gatwick, i was looking around and BA have one way at £171 (£340) oooh

I hope these prices stay similar once i know hubby's visa outcome would be nice to go out to get him haha smiley

Here is a sneek preview smiley 17 Jan til 2nd Feb smiley (with iberia its just £303.06 same flights smiley )

I'm tempted now...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by yemcol: 3:56pm On Nov 03, 2015
FrontPageLawyer:

What else do you want to hear? ECOs reach their decisions on so many factors . Read thoroughly where we advised someone with similar situation three weeks ago (old and new companies) he got the visa this week.

Pls...@frontpage is it ok to pay 150k as direct assessment for someone who earn up to 170k as monthly income,the 150k will be for 3yrs according to lirs law....from
2013,14& 15.thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 4:03pm On Nov 03, 2015
yemcol:

Pls...@frontpage is it ok to pay 150k as direct assessment for someone who earn up to 170k as monthly income,the 150k will be for 3yrs according to lirs law....from
2013,14& 15.thanks

That amount is rather too much.

I'll advise you contact a tax consultant. In the meantime let me work out the mathematics through a consultant and get back to you.

Regards.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by materamabillis: 4:45pm On Nov 03, 2015
Please @justwise @FrontPageLawyer please can a married woman with 2 kids apply for uk visa alone for vacation without the husband.
she can comfortably sponsor herself . Will it be out of place for her to go on vacation alone ? Thanks .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 5:22pm On Nov 03, 2015
materamabillis:
Please @justwise @FrontPageLawyer please can a married woman with 2 kids apply for uk visa alone for vacation without the husband.
she can comfortably sponsor herself . Will it be out of place for her to go on vacation alone ? Thanks .

Yes, because each application is treated on its own merit and likelihood of qualifying for a visa.

But logically, NO
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by materamabillis: 6:01pm On Nov 03, 2015
[quote author=FrontPageLawyer post=39648258]

Yes, because each application is treated on its own merit and likelihood of qualifying for a visa.

But logically, NO

THANKS SO SO MUCH !
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by yemcol: 8:03pm On Nov 03, 2015
FrontPageLawyer:

That amount is rather too much.

I'll advise you contact a tax consultant. In the meantime let me work out the mathematics through a consultant and get back to you.

Regards.

O sè oo brother mi....,i have explained to d officer that I have started my buz as a trader with lower income since late last year...and later I was able to pay my self 150k since early this year and I recently got my buz registered 2 month ago and I have been paying my self 170k now and I wish to be assessed as my story goes ooo...
He was just too busy...he initially told me I will pay about 150k for 3years before I raised an alarm that I can't pay 450k when I just got into d buz within a year before he said I will be placed on direct assessment for 3 years.....pls I will need ur full help on this...thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:46pm On Nov 03, 2015
materamabillis:

Not a problem just get a consent letter from your hubby if you will be traveling with the kids
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Portsmouth86(f): 10:29pm On Nov 03, 2015
justwise:

I'm tempted now...

BA have flights with Iberia but if you go on the Iberia site they were £303 for the exact same flight smiley
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:38pm On Nov 03, 2015
Portsmouth86:

BA have flights with Iberia but if you go on the Iberia site they were £303 for the exact same flight smiley

That figure is not actually bad, just getting time off work is my problem becuase my boss will not give me early Xmas off.

really gutted as I wanted to spend Xmas in Nigeria this year, the last I did that was 2008 and I paid £700 for ticket then because I traveled on 29th of December

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (674)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.