Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,866 members, 7,889,898 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 12:21 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (346) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1561176 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 1:28pm On Oct 01, 2017
fakmurphy:
Hi House, @Justwise et al I have a few questions; My wife and kids visa came late last month so they couldn't use it for its purpose of visiting London for vacation. Now we're planning for a month xmass vacation between december and January to Edinburgh instead of London as mentioned in the application; is it safe?. My wife and kids would be staying in her friend's place not mentioned in the application; please how safe is that?, I would not be travelling with them due to my work, I really need advice. thnx

If the plan is to visit London first then Edinburgh then nothing is wrong with that, did they plan to stay in hotel before?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bigbus: 1:34pm On Oct 01, 2017
fakmurphy:
Hi House, @Justwise et al I have a few questions; My wife and kids visa came late last month so they couldn't use it for its purpose of visiting London for vacation. Now we're planning for a month xmass vacation between december and January to Edinburgh instead of London as mentioned in the application; is it safe?. My wife and kids would be staying in her friend's place not mentioned in the application; please how safe is that?, I would not be travelling with them due to my work, I really need advice. thnx

To me, it sounds fine. Just explain same at the border. The visas came late. Summer in London would have been nice, Edinburgh may be blessed with snow when they visit- "I'm dreaming of a White Christmas".
For staying with the friend, make sure the friend will be reachable (by phone) when they arrive in UK, in case BP want to confirm whether the friend is expecting your wife and kids.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by naijarazzi: 2:55pm On Oct 01, 2017
castiello:
Please who has gotten visa approval within 3 weeks to a month here
as seen on another thread

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by fakmurphy(m): 4:42pm On Oct 01, 2017
Thanks initially in August I booked hotel for the visa, but this Edinburgh thing they'll spend 5 weeks and on booking.com for instance no chance of booking exceeding 30days stay I would have booked one for purpose of passing the boarder.
justwise:

If the plan is to visit London first then Edinburgh then nothing is wrong with that, did they plan to stay in hotel before?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by fakmurphy(m): 4:43pm On Oct 01, 2017
Again to avoid confusion, they are only going directly to Edinburgh and no more london as mentioned on the application in August.
fakmurphy:
Thanks initially in August I booked hotel for the visa, but this Edinburgh thing they'll spend 5 weeks and on booking.com for instance no chance of booking exceeding 30days stay I would have booked one for purpose of passing the boarder.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kenzindax(f): 7:35pm On Oct 01, 2017
Hello, house anyone with decision made mail or pick up mail . 14th August 2017.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 7:37pm On Oct 01, 2017
fakmurphy:
Again to avoid confusion, they are only going directly to Edinburgh and no more london as mentioned on the application in August.

You dont need to be apprehensive. They will be fine. Just put the proper address on the UK immigration landing card. Have on handy the phone number of the host incase the they want to call to confirm. An most important have a copy any communication with the host inviting your wife and kids. Sure your family can fly direct to Edinburgh.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by NIFES(f): 8:42pm On Oct 01, 2017
Webmank:

goodmorning,sorry for d delay being had busy.i sent the mail to their visainfo.shefo@fco.gov.uk
Okay.
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Baba1010: 9:27pm On Oct 01, 2017
Hi Everyone,

Just trying to put in online app for my Dad.

How do I answer "How much money are you planning to spend on your visit?"

he is not spending any amount on the trip as he's been sponsored. Should I put in the same amount the sponsor is willing to spend in this column?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Webmank: 9:40pm On Oct 01, 2017
Monday5:
I want to travel to Northern Ireland in the UK to seek for job. But I want to first apply for 6 month visit visa. My plan is after I have successfully secured a Job before processing other legalities like work permit and extension. Please advise me on the way to go about it. Thanks

can this arrangement b possible?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Webmank: 9:49pm On Oct 01, 2017
on d form i filled,i fill 2weeks but d ticket my sis bought me is 4weeks,hope no issues and again d wedding anniversay am suppose to go for was done in aug?pls gurus in d house help me out
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Jarus(m): 9:59pm On Oct 01, 2017
Baba1010:
Hi Everyone,

he is not spending any amount on the trip as he's been sponsored. Should I put in the same amount the sponsor is willing to spend in this column?

Put amount sponsor will spend. There is box further down that will ask how much your sponsor will fund, put same amount. So it effectively means sponsor will fund the entire trip.

I used that, my company being my sponsor.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 10:00pm On Oct 01, 2017
Baba1010:
Hi Everyone,

Emphatically Yes. Nonetheless do not forget to indicate the sponsor would be sponsoring the trip fully.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 10:05pm On Oct 01, 2017
Webmank:
on d form i filled,i fill 2weeks but d ticket my sis bought me is 4weeks,hope no issues and again d wedding anniversay am suppose to go for was done in aug?pls gurus in d house help me out

Could you rephrase your question to make it clearer.

If you mean, you applied for a two week visa albeit it would have been 6 months validity for the visa, and your sister bought you a return ticket for a 4 week stay in the UK, she has to change it to reflect what you quoted in the application. Sometimes they check the visitor's return ticket at POE and if the visitor has no ticket back to Nig after their holiday, or the return date is significantly different from what was quoted, the visitor risks being sent back to Nigeria on next available flight. If you want to spend a month in the UK then your sister can adjust the date once you are in the UK.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bigbus: 10:10pm On Oct 01, 2017
Webmank:

If you filled that your sister is sponsoring, and if your circumstances would normally permit you to be away from work/school for that long, there should be no problem. But, if I were in your shoes, I will like to stick with the two weeks I filled: (a future ECO checking a future visa application, can decide to make an issue out of it.)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Baywood(m): 10:10pm On Oct 01, 2017
blza:

your docs are good. Just make sure the statement you are supplying have salary entries that tallies with the net figures on the individual payslips supplied. Also make sure your friend inviting you writes a well sesnsible reason why he is inviting you . describing your relationship and how long you have known each other should be mentioned. You should also address your relationship with him on your cover letter aiming at showing keenness towards meeting your best mate and having a good time with him (Infact that's should be the tone on both letters written by you two).concentrating less on visiting the UK and be very emphatic about having a job you enjoy that you are going back to. . If you have anything to show both having a good time(pics) that's not bad to add.. also any evidence of communication will be good to add. If you haven't got these , don't worry at all as they are no deal breakers. Wish you the best.

I have a serious challenge. My salary are paid in cash physically. It's not deposited or paid through a bank account. That's my challenge. I personally pay into my account or ask someone to pay in for me. And what I usually pay in is not my exact salary.

Again, I have another source of income. I design websites, so I get clients. It's my side business. I get clients paying into my account.

What should I do? Address it in a cover letter?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bigbus: 10:16pm On Oct 01, 2017
fakmurphy:

Wait,... Did you fill for 5 weeks vacation in your visa application? If you filled less days, you can consider cutting the vacation short to match the visa application data. I don't know whether schools now get 5 weeks holidays during Christmas period (used to be 3 weeks). Winter is cold o; too long and they will be hankering for an earlier return to the tropics.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Webmank: 10:47pm On Oct 01, 2017
@brightingsus&bigbus,i have 6months visa already.but on my application form i wrote 2week but now d ticket she sent 10th oct to 7th nov..maybe i should ask her to reduce the stay to 2weeks?thanks for ur responses
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Probz(m): 11:14pm On Oct 01, 2017
How can I advise someone who wants to do a PGD (postgraduate diploma) in the U.K.? He's got an upper credit in Public Administration.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 1:34am On Oct 02, 2017
Webmank:
@brightingsus&bigbus,i have 6months visa already.but on my application form i wrote 2week but now d ticket she sent 10th oct to 7th nov..maybe i should ask her to reduce the stay to 2weeks?thanks for ur responses

That's exactly what I said though....
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Dasilva100(f): 4:40am On Oct 02, 2017
Webmank:

Please ask your sister to reduce the ticket date to two weeks. My brother was held at POE for 4hours for this reason. He was almost sent back home. He got away with it because he schooled in the UK, had visited the UK several times and never overstayed for once. Your case may be different.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by fakmurphy(m): 7:30am On Oct 02, 2017
Thanks in d application it was for 10 days in August but visa was issued late. My second child was born in Edinburgh while having my Msc so they're used to cold weather, they're missing just few days of school which is no big deal I guess.

bigbus:

Wait,... Did you fill for 5 weeks vacation in your visa application? If you filled less days, you can consider cutting the vacation short to match the visa application data. I don't know whether schools now get 5 weeks holidays during Christmas period (used to be 3 weeks). Winter is cold o; too long and they will be hankering for an earlier return to the tropics.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by james87871: 9:01am On Oct 02, 2017
Good morning .
The kind of business I run is every 4 month before I make profit not easy to have a salary Account because the profit is not monthly once we make sales at 4 month we spend the money back on the business and profit is within 4 month .i run one single savings account for my business and personal spending with over 160 pages of statement of account my question is this MUST I HAVE SEPARATE ACCOUNT FOR SALARY BEFORE I CAN APPLY ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by capsie18: 10:50am On Oct 02, 2017
Henry85:
Hello guys,
I am currently applying for Master's degree in UK, and I would like to know if the UK embassy requires everyone to submit IELTS test result during visa application, even if a British university admitted one without the English language test.

You won't need to submit IELTS test result during visa application as long as you have all the required documents from the British university (CAS letter, admission offer letter etc) you should be fine
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Ademidun1: 5:47pm On Oct 02, 2017
Hello gurus in the house,
I've been out of the country for one year and few months, working legally in Qatar . I just got job in U.K. and got COS already. I want to apply for visa, pls do I need to still do TB test or I'm exempted for the TB test?
N.B- I left Nigeria last year July, came in June for my vacation, went back to Qatar in June ending and came back to the country yesterday to apply for the visa.
I'll await advice on this. Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by hohia: 6:32pm On Oct 02, 2017
Webmank:

Guys, some of the responses here are absolutely misleading and ridiculous and you guys give it as an authority instead of as a suggestion. There is nothing bad in keeping quiet when a question you are not confident about is asked so others can contribute.

If you put 3 weeks in an application and you are given 6 months means you are free to stay up to six months but not more than six months. Of course because of income consideration and cost of holidays and limited salary its better to put 2 or 3 weeks but you can stay more than that as long as you have a place to stay or prove you can pay hotel for the period you want to stay.

Again about filling London in the form and planning to stay in Edinburgh makes no difference. It is a UK visa. Of course people come to Heathrow on coach from 'Edinburgh to travel to other parts of the world because it is cheaper. Same applies if you fly to London first from Nigeria. That wouldn't raise an eyebrow.

Please guys know that this is online and people are reading from all parts of the world including the UK.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ijeshaoflondon: 7:56pm On Oct 02, 2017
hohia:

Guys, some of the responses here are absolutely misleading and ridiculous and you guys give it as an authority instead of as a suggestion[b]. There is nothing bad in keeping quiet when a question you are not confident about is asked so others can contribut[/b]e.

If you put 3 weeks in an application and you are given 6 months means you are free to stay up to six months but not more than six months. Of course because of income consideration and cost of holidays and limited salary its better to put 2 or 3 weeks but you can stay more than that as long as you have a place to stay or prove you can pay hotel for the period you want to stay.

Again about filling London in the form and planning to stay in Edinburgh makes no difference. It is a UK visa. Of course people come to Heathrow on coach from 'Edinburgh to travel to other parts of the world because it is cheaper. Same applies if you fly to London first from Nigeria. That wouldn't raise an eyebrow.

Please guys know that this is online and people are reading from all parts of the world including the UK.

Uk visa application process has really change compared to what it use to be, in the past you can fund your account with huge sum of money within a month, print your statement and apply for visa, and you' be given sharp sharp, but today, the Eco would see it as lodgement. if you apply for 6 months visa and you stated in ur application that you planned to spend 7 days in Uk, in the past, like 5-6 years ago , you can stay longer than the stipulated time, but these has changed, the Eco would see it as a breach of agreement or deception and its gonna raise eyebrow during renewal of your visa, As a tourist who claimed not knowing anyone in the Uk, where would you tell the Eco you stayed for 2- 3 months in the Uk? did you take a leave of more than 60-90 days from work? or you abandoned your business to stay longer in the UK, remember every info you fill on your application would be waiting for you at the port of entry, Let your 7 days be 7 days or not more than 10 days at most or you face the consequences during renewal !!. They understandball our pranks now . Cash salary payment isnt working again, borrowing money from people to fund your account so as to apply for visa not working again, Whatever you hear on here is 90% confirmed.

6 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:14pm On Oct 02, 2017
hohia:

Guys, some of the responses here are absolutely misleading and ridiculous and you guys give it as an authority instead of as a suggestion. There is nothing bad in keeping quiet when a question you are not confident about is asked so others can contribute.

You are actually misleading him and not people you insulted.

When you applied for visa and indicated two weeks or a month you are expected to stick to that stated number of weeks and not the whole 6months visa duration for so many reasons.

1. If you applied as a worker to spend your one month leave and got the visa, you are not expected to spend more than one month because of your job back home and for the fact that you presented budget breakdown for that one month and not 6months.

2.What will you be doing in the UK for 2,3,4-6months if you are a business owner or work in Nigeria? How are you able to sustain yourself throughout that period?

Webmank will be likely sent back from the airport if the immigration saw that he indicated 2wks but holding one month return ticket, if he got away with it then renewing that visa will be a tough task.

Given 6months visa does not means that you should stay 6months when you should be back in Nigeria to your work or business.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:18pm On Oct 02, 2017
Webmank:

If you don't want to have problem with immigration at the airport or during visa renewing stick to your 2wks holiday else for the fact that you are holding one month return ticket for 2wks holiday is an indication that you don't plan to stay just 2wks as stated in your application form
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by hohia: 8:37pm On Oct 02, 2017
justwise:

You are actually misleading him and not people you insulted.

When you applied for visa and indicated two weeks or a month you are expected to stick to that stated number of weeks and not the whole 6months visa duration for so many reasons.

1. If you are applied as a worker to spend your one month leave and got the visa, you are not expected to spend more than one month because of your job back home and for the fact that you presented budget breakdown for that one month and not 6months.

2.What will you be doing in the UK for 2,3,4-6months if you are a business owner or work in Nigeria? How are you able to sustain yourself throughout that period?

Webmank will be likely sent back from the airport if the immigration saw that he indicated 2wks but holding one month return ticket, if he got away with it then renewing that visa will be a tough task.

Given 6months visa does not means that you should stay 6months when you should be back in Nigeria to your work or business.

I don't think I insulted anyone but I said the fact and out of experience. I am currently hosting someone here now on a six month visa but applied with 3 weeks. This is not the 1st, 2nd or 3rd successful invitation application and renewal. Don't say firmly based on isolated cases you heard without knowing the root cause. There is nothing wrong with staying one month in the UK no matter what you stated in your application my dear.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by hohia: 8:44pm On Oct 02, 2017
ijeshaoflondon:

Uk visa application process has really change compared to what it use to be, in the past you can fund your account with huge sum of money within a month, print your statement and apply for visa, and you' be given sharp sharp, but today, the Eco would see it as lodgement. if you apply for 6 months visa and you stated in ur application that you planned to spend 7 days in Uk, in the past, like 5-6 years ago , you can stay longer than the stipulated time, but these has changed, the Eco would see it as a breach of agreement or deception and its gonna raise eyebrow during renewal of your visa, As a tourist who claimed not knowing anyone in the Uk, where would you tell the Eco you stayed for 2- 3 months in the Uk? did you take a leave of more than 60-90 days from work? or you abandoned your business to stay longer in the UK, remember every info you fill on your application would be waiting for you at the port of entry, Let your 7 days be 7 days or not more than 10 days at most or you face the consequences during renewal !!. They understandball our pranks now . Cash salary payment isnt working again, borrowing money from people to fund your account so as to apply for visa not working again, Whatever you hear on here is 90% confirmed.

"Whatever you hear on here is 90% confirmed". These are the words used here that are misleading........ put them as suggestions not as authorities. AM OUT.

(1) (2) (3) ... (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) ... (674)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.