Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,353 members, 7,940,383 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 01:57 AM

Odinani: The Sacred Arts & Sciences Of The Igbo People - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Odinani: The Sacred Arts & Sciences Of The Igbo People (5270 Views)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Gets Jet Plane Gift From Loveworld Music & Arts Group / Odinani And The Atheist / Three Sacred Things We Christians Abuse. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Odinani: The Sacred Arts & Sciences Of The Igbo People by Nobody: 1:50pm On Oct 22, 2015
@johnydon22 You and your team should visit old igbo people as long as they are still among us and record their stories on camera, that would make a great document of past time. One doesn't need much financial resources for that. All the best.
Re: Odinani: The Sacred Arts & Sciences Of The Igbo People by johnydon22(m): 1:56pm On Oct 22, 2015
Tufanja:
@johnydon22 You and your team should visit old igbo people as long as they are still among us and record their stories on camera, that would make a great document of past time. One doesn't need much financial resources for that. All the best.

I live deep within the heart of the Igbo nation for now and so have many places in my list to pay visits to.

Once i and everyone has established and paved way for our work, the research begins which includes both oral, archeological interpretations (museums) and few written works around to base our conclusion and approximations.

It will require every help we can get and ultimately am hopeful we could get a book well ground and approved by our Igbo fathers afterwards..

that could prove to be priceless to both this generation and the coming ones that knows nothing of the igbo tradition, history or original culture..

1 Like

Re: Odinani: The Sacred Arts & Sciences Of The Igbo People by Krystalzkris(f): 3:05pm On Oct 22, 2015
how are we going to get through with this, considering the fact that we are all in different locations...
Re: Odinani: The Sacred Arts & Sciences Of The Igbo People by johnydon22(m): 3:37pm On Oct 22, 2015
Krystalzkris:
how are we going to get through with this, considering the fact that we are all in different locations...

We need a platform of collective communication. . .BBM/Whatsapp any of them we all agree on...
Re: Odinani: The Sacred Arts & Sciences Of The Igbo People by IamGodOfWar: 4:09pm On Oct 22, 2015
menesheh:

Onye amala, oga dili gi

Keee Amala nke osi biko?
Re: Odinani: The Sacred Arts & Sciences Of The Igbo People by Krystalzkris(f): 4:14pm On Oct 22, 2015
johnydon22:

We need a platform of collective communication. . .BBM/Whatsapp any of them we all agree on...
ok
Re: Odinani: The Sacred Arts & Sciences Of The Igbo People by philfearon(m): 7:36pm On Oct 22, 2015
johnydon22:

Whatsapp will be great...
If y'all agree,then we should create a group asap and move over there!
Re: Odinani: The Sacred Arts & Sciences Of The Igbo People by sonmvayina(m): 7:38pm On Oct 22, 2015
johnydon22:

i am still here, we need to get this project off the ground, i am tired of reading other peoples history, folklores and myths, i don't want to loose my identity to an alien.
Re: Odinani: The Sacred Arts & Sciences Of The Igbo People by johnydon22(m): 8:09pm On Oct 22, 2015
sonmvayina:

i am still here, we need to get this project off the ground, i am tired of reading other peoples history, folklores and myths, i don't want to loose my identity to an alien.

-I am out for this till the end.. we need to start work anytime soon..

- Do you know people still practise Hellenistic religions that is the worship of Zeus, hermes, athena, aphrodite and the rest of the Olympian Gods.

-Our cultures are barely hanging on due to lack of these written records.

- What exactly will the coming generations of Igbo children know about Igbo culture..

-The history of a people is important. . . . Even the jews had to borrow older stories from other cultures and add into the stories they have today found in the Old testament..

Re: Odinani: The Sacred Arts & Sciences Of The Igbo People by johnydon22(m): 8:11pm On Oct 22, 2015
philfearon:

Whatsapp will be great...
If y'all agree,then we should create a group asap and move over there!

I go for whatsapp.... what about you all..

Menesheh
plaetton
krystalzkris
SonOfLucifer

and others that are interested...
Re: Odinani: The Sacred Arts & Sciences Of The Igbo People by sonmvayina(m): 8:49pm On Oct 22, 2015
johnydon22:

Menesheh
plaetton
krystalzkris
SonOfLucifer

create the group.....how do we get our numbers?
Re: Odinani: The Sacred Arts & Sciences Of The Igbo People by menesheh(m): 12:48am On Oct 23, 2015
johnydon22:

Menesheh
plaetton
krystalzkris
SonOfLucifer

Yea, am pretty much in support of such group on whatsapp.

I suggest we start it as soon as possible. Hopefully and possibly, it may grow into a full blown group recognisable by our naive government.
Re: Odinani: The Sacred Arts & Sciences Of The Igbo People by johnydon22(m): 1:05am On Oct 23, 2015

I am going to Open the whatsapp group ASAP... should i open a special thread for it to create the awareness and possibly get more members?
Re: Odinani: The Sacred Arts & Sciences Of The Igbo People by johnydon22(m): 1:06am On Oct 23, 2015
menesheh:

Yea, am pretty much in support of such group on whatsapp.

I suggest we start it as soon as possible. Hopefully and possibly, it may grow into a full blown group recognisable by our naive government.

Not just the Government but the traditional Rulers of the communities too...
Re: Odinani: The Sacred Arts & Sciences Of The Igbo People by philfearon(m): 6:55am On Oct 23, 2015
johnydon22:

I am going to Open the whatsapp group ASAP... should i open a special thread for it to create the awareness and possibly get more members?
Too many cooks spoil the broth!
If you create the group,just alert the people here...
IMO ,recommendations will be far better!
Re: Odinani: The Sacred Arts & Sciences Of The Igbo People by Nobody: 7:08am On Oct 23, 2015
My apologies. I wont be committed to a whatsapp group.
Re: Odinani: The Sacred Arts & Sciences Of The Igbo People by johnydon22(m): 10:57am On Oct 23, 2015
philfearon:

Too many cooks spoil the broth!
If you create the group,just alert the people here...
IMO ,recommendations will be far better!

Have always wondered what this IMO people throw into their comments mean undecided..

so you suggesting we don't make it public but within us here and then add people based on recommendations ?
Re: Odinani: The Sacred Arts & Sciences Of The Igbo People by johnydon22(m): 10:57am On Oct 23, 2015
sonOfLucifer:
My apologies. I wont be committed to a whatsapp group.

Do you have a better option then?
Re: Odinani: The Sacred Arts & Sciences Of The Igbo People by hahn(m): 11:09am On Oct 23, 2015
johnydon22:

Have always wondered what this IMO people throw into their comments mean undecided..

so you suggesting we don't make it public but within us here and then add people based on recommendations ?

IMO: In My Opinion

1 Like

Re: Odinani: The Sacred Arts & Sciences Of The Igbo People by johnydon22(m): 11:14am On Oct 23, 2015
hahn:

IMO: In My Opinion
Hahahahaha ok now i get it.... i have a chat app named imo though and another state in Nigeria named IMO cheesy
Re: Odinani: The Sacred Arts & Sciences Of The Igbo People by hahn(m): 11:34am On Oct 23, 2015
johnydon22:
Hahahahaha ok now i get it.... i have a chat app named imo though and another state in Nigeria named IMO cheesy

I used to be confused about the abbrevation one certain time. Just like IMHO means In My Honest Opinion. I don't susbscribe to abbrevations though because I see every opportunity to write as a way of keeping my writing skills sharp.

I've always wondered what people who write "k" do with the extra time they would have used in writing "okay" undecided
Re: Odinani: The Sacred Arts & Sciences Of The Igbo People by philfearon(m): 2:49pm On Oct 23, 2015
johnydon22:

Yup..Although in a sense,its already in public...
Re: Odinani: The Sacred Arts & Sciences Of The Igbo People by Nobody: 9:43pm On Oct 24, 2015
johnydon22:

Do you have a better option then?
A new thread maybe. I'm quite particular about my anonymity. Gave out my number for some group once and ended up regretting it.
My apologies if I sound like an a55hole.i truly am sometimes.
Re: Odinani: The Sacred Arts & Sciences Of The Igbo People by Nobody: 7:01pm On Nov 04, 2015
johnnydon22 no reply? did you choose the whatsapp route?
Re: Odinani: The Sacred Arts & Sciences Of The Igbo People by johnydon22(m): 7:06pm On Nov 04, 2015
sonOfLucifer:
johnnydon22 no reply? did you choose the whatsapp route?

I have been thinking on how we can start, have even started reading some stuffs on it ... many sites to visit all round igbo lands with enquiry into their oral traditions..

Should we use a new thread or whatsapp group...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Odinani: The Sacred Arts & Sciences Of The Igbo People by Nobody: 7:15pm On Nov 04, 2015
johnydon22:

I have been thinking on how we can start, have even started reading some stuffs on it ... many sites to visit all round igbo lands with enquiry into their oral traditions..

Should we use a new thread or whatsapp group...
I believe a thread would be the better option. Sure, there could be a few trolls, but I'm quite sure it would benefit a people who might have an interest in it or who might just be attracted by the topic.
I'm hoping I'll be in Nigeria by the end of the year. Maybe, we could meet up sometime next year. I'm especially interested in the travelling part, hopefully we get to see a few shrines and drink palmy with the dibias. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Odinani: The Sacred Arts & Sciences Of The Igbo People by johnydon22(m): 7:29pm On Nov 04, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

I believe a thread would be the better option. Sure, there could be a few trolls, but I'm quite sure it would benefit a people who might have an interest in it or who might just be attracted by the topic.

Surely i will open a thread on it for awareness and get more volunteers. . . Yet we would need private board shielded from public eyes to share and deduct approximations from our research...

I'm hoping I'll be in Nigeria by the end of the year. Maybe, we could meet up sometime next year. I'm especially interested in the travelling part, hopefully we get to see a few shrines and drink palmy with the dibias. grin

Surely if i am in Nigeria by then, the Palm wine and goat meat in dibia's shrines and Igwe palaces would be a no miss for me grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Odinani: The Sacred Arts & Sciences Of The Igbo People by Nobody: 8:46pm On Nov 04, 2015
How can a non-igbo contribute to this.. By just following up?
Re: Odinani: The Sacred Arts & Sciences Of The Igbo People by johnydon22(m): 9:05pm On Nov 04, 2015
Soulprovider:

One can also join us in the research because many Igbos still don't know any more than you do about our history..

So you are welcome to join us...

1 Like

Re: Odinani: The Sacred Arts & Sciences Of The Igbo People by Nobody: 9:49pm On Nov 04, 2015
Soulprovider:
Sure. No problems.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Who Created Evil? God? So He's To Blame? / How To Know That You Have Faith / Which Nigeria Church Do These 3 Ladies Attend? (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.