Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,936 members, 7,931,262 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 August 2024 at 08:28 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (307) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1570414 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 3:38pm On Jan 30, 2017
OmoBendel24:

Has the bolded happened or is about to happen?

@LagosNIV sir; pretty sorry to call your attention here. Kindly help us validate or debunk please. Thanks

Thanks for clarification.... God bless!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by charliechyke(m): 6:01pm On Jan 30, 2017
TWoods:

A genuine conference would give you some notes on what is needed to obtain an entry visa.

Thanks. but how can i check if this conference is genuine?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by hajj123(m): 6:10pm On Jan 30, 2017
Hello Lildoc,congrats can you share your interview encounter or experience with us?thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 6:18pm On Jan 30, 2017
customised87:
Hello, pls I am trying to view my confirmation page after submitting my DS 160 form but its giving me this error message. Has anyone ever experienced this?

Clear cookies from your computer. You'll be fine.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ifyaocc: 9:43pm On Jan 30, 2017
Dear VO,how many years ban does misrepresentation attracts? thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 12:57am On Jan 31, 2017
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by TWoods(m): 4:04am On Jan 31, 2017
charliechyke:

Thanks. but how can i check if this conference is genuine?

you're the one attending the conference... how is it you do not know anything about it?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 4:08am On Jan 31, 2017
kolgs:
pls, I have just being giving a visa for visitation with my family, but I'm kind of scared of the point of entry at the US airport, cos I heard they do deport some people. with all the money being spent I'm jst scared

What are you afraid of? Are you from from Syria or Yemen?

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 6:03am On Jan 31, 2017
ifyaocc:
Dear VO,how many years ban does misrepresentation attracts? thanks

Lifetime ban.

5 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kolgs(f): 8:28am On Jan 31, 2017
nefertitiram:

we're suppose to travel by April, but due to my hubby work place they cldnt give him annual leave by then, so we're to schedule it to Feb, we're just afraid of all this trump issue, and the pple we know there are saying is kind of difficult now, as in the point of entry palava. pls kindly put me through all this. just scared cos we've never being to another country before
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kolgs(f): 8:35am On Jan 31, 2017
nefertitiram:

we're suppose to travel by April, but due to my hubby work place they cldnt give him annual leave by then, so we're to schedule it to Feb, we're just afraid of all this trump issue, and the pple we know there are saying is kind of difficult now, as in the point of entry palava. pls kindly put me through all this. just scared cos we've never being to another country before.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by worry357: 9:40am On Jan 31, 2017
kolgs:

we're suppose to travel by April, but due to my hubby work place they cldnt give him annual leave by then, so we're to schedule it to Feb, we're just afraid of all this trump issue, and the pple we know there are saying is kind of difficult now, as in the point of entry palava. pls kindly put me through all this. just scared cos we've never being to another country before.

The situation is changing hour by hour
To say nothing of day by day, let alone months.

No one here is a prophet who can predict the future!
You must just hope for good things, panicking or knee jerk reactions will not help you.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jan 31, 2017
onandon:
I just had to come on here to thank you all for the good job you are doing. So traveling to the US for vacation was one of my goals for the year, on the 29th of January I decided to give it a shot by applying for a B1/B2 visa. My interview was today, here's a transcript of my interview.
VO: Good morning
ME: Good morning
VO: Please hold on I'm typing something
ME: No problem(in yankee accent o grin )
VO: I'll have to take your finger prints. Could you please place your fingers on the machine
ME: Left or right ?
VO: Right first
Me: *placing fingers* 4 fingers right ?
VO: Yes
VO: Your right
VO: Now both thumbs (looks at his computer)
VO: So why are you going to the US
Me: ( serious face ) I'm going on a vacation
VO: Where in the US are you going to ?
Me: I'm going to Los Angeles California
VO; ( was in the process of saying something )
Me: ( in my mind to the VO *shut up I'm still talking* )
Me; And I'll be going to **** (a bbal team stadium) in **** (another city in CA) (to watch a bball game btw the *** vs the ***.
VO; Wow really ? ( he really showed interest)
Me: Yes
VO: Haven't they been the *** in the league this season ? ( smiling and being friendly )
Me: Yes (smiling)
VO: But how can you get a ticket for such a game ? it's going to be very expensive !
Me: (Taa keep quiet there) I have the **** app on my phone to purchase tickets. The tickets are still available for $***
VOsad Starts typing very fast ) So what do you do for work ?
Me: I own my own business, I'm into the production and sales of home and office **** and also into the sales and installation of ***
VO: ( Kept typing ) So you make and sell your own *** ?
Me: Yes I do
VO: What of the *** ( the stuff I sell and install ) do you import or what ?
Me: ( I don read nairaland, import ko import ni ) No, I buy LOCALLY at MUSHIN market ( I bet people must have looked at my direction cos of how I shouted the MUSHIN)
VO; ( Still typing ) Ooh ok .. ( still in a friendly manner ) So you know I used to be into building in the past .. How much do you sell yours per square meter ?
Me: Cost price or with profit ?
VO: I mean with profit
Me: **** naira
VO; Without profit ?
Me: **** naira
At this point he was still typing, smiling and being friendly
VO: Oooh that's good, it's cool
Me: ( talk fast lemme know )
Vo: ( grabs slip still smiling) But seriously those tickets are going to be expensive or not available.
Me: Yeah, the price keeps rising so the sooner I buy the better.
Vo: True true true ... congratulations ..... ( at that moment I went partially deaf and kept nodding my head while he kept talking, I regained hearing when I stretched for my passport and he said ) no we have to issue your visa on your passport, you are to pick up your passport in ( went deaf again and kept nodding, passes slip)
Me: Thanks ( and was about leaving)
VO: (really smiling ) So which is your team ?
Me: ( also smiling ) I mentioned the host bball team best player's name in a loud voice ) that's who I want to see !!
VO: yeah yeah yeah ..
Me: Bounced away with full swag in my native attire.

Sight and Sounds

Men, they denied people oo. There was this couple that said they were going for their honeymoon. Guess they said they got married last year, they both seem to have good jobs, well dressed and good appearance. The VO was questioning them laughing with them and typing, they were all laughing. I was like these ones don collect white slip, oh boy, in the midst of their laughter the VO just brought out blue slip, the husband just quickly put the blue slip in his file as the smile faded. It shook us and people around me started murmuring "these ppl are not giving today o" There was this woman and like her 5 or 6 year old daughter, when the VO said I'm sorry blah blah and gave the mom the blue slip her cute daughter started shouting "mommy what are we going to do now, mommy what are we going to do" people just started laughing, the mom didn't even answer her and they kept walking while she kept asking.
So I read some people advised applicants on here not to mention the word "conference". A young boy did, he defended himself, he was given.
There was this family of 4, dad, mom and two young boys maybe 6 and 8 year old. Immediately they approached the VO he greeted all of them, they smiled and surprisingly he started interviewing the kids like "hey, how are you" boy said fiiiiine VO then said " who's this man to you " the boy said "daddy" VO then pointed to their mom and asked kid again "that's your sister, right ?" Kid said noooooo that's my mommy. They all smiled and defended themselves, they got their visas.
I got my motivation through this forum to be honest though a lot of people around my circle visit the US regularly. I went there, told the truth and was given. You just have to be confident and have an interaction with the VO, let he/she know you are not there for BS. Oooh I almost forgot, I'm a first time applicant, no travel history, passport even expires in few months and also single and searching grin . While they were dishing out blue slips I kept smiling and telling myself "dude, you are sharp, the VO can't intimidate you, you ain't broke, talk with confidence"
Please o, the nobel lauretes here aka English professors, this is not an essay, it's a donation so please don't criticize my write up for lack of proper punctuation.
Already bought my return ticket sharp today and paid for my hotel accommodation, this dollar thing is crazy will be touring for 3 weeks. Good luck to future applicants.

I'm going going going back back to Cali Cali .. Singing

I am looking for this guy please anyone here who can hook me up with him.... He is a bad sharp guy.

6 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by eneyedan(m): 1:01pm On Jan 31, 2017
good morning all has anybody applied for canada visiting visa from US please I will like to make some clarification, thanks.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 1:16pm On Jan 31, 2017
kolgs:

The first question is that what's the visa type? if the visa is B1/B2 you can explain why it took you this long to travel... You have no reason to fear.. it's not like you're not planning to return to Nigeria. just be yourself and good luck.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ladylco: 2:30pm On Jan 31, 2017
LagosNIV:

No. Read what I just posted. 12 months.

Thank you for the clarification. There has also been lot of confusion concerning the USA visa validity issued to Nigeria, does the 2 years visa validity still applies?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kolgs(f): 3:32pm On Jan 31, 2017
we planned travelling April 2017and cos at my work place my leave has been approved for February 2017 Would there be an issue travelling at a date earlier than anticipated.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 4:47pm On Jan 31, 2017
kolgs:
we planned travelling April 2017and cos at my work place my leave has been approved for February 2017 Would there be an issue travelling at a date earlier than anticipated.

Eyaaa (I say this in the spirit of "knocking), the fear of Donald Trump I guess sha, but wrongest timing I swear, this this is the time you will very likely come across "the overzealous".... "What you fear most may just come upon you" oh, fret not! #Chillax

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Pesuzok(m): 6:11pm On Jan 31, 2017
Please house, I want to apply and book for interview in Feb for a vacation in August. Is it too early?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Okunns: 9:24pm On Jan 31, 2017
Hi guys! Coming out of my shell as one of the silent readers here. Just have to share my experience at the Abuja US embassy.

Appointment Date: 09/01/2017 - 8:00AM

Can't even remember myself and the VO exchange pleasantries. Here is the transcript of what I remember:

VO: Where do u wanna visit in the US?
Me: New York
VO: Why do you wanna go to New York?
Me: For a so so so Sport Bussines Summit to be held at the Time Centre precisely
VO: Are u married?
Me: No. However am engaged (brought out an introduction ceremony photo of me and my fiancee. The VO was not interested and said never mind)
VO: Do you have kid(s)?
Me: No. But expecting one with my fiancee in weeks time.
VO Said Oh.. Congrats! That's lovely!
VO: Have you travelled outside Nigeria before?
Me: No
VO: What do you do? (the question I think I answered poorly)
Me: I am a Journalist and Media Marketer (failed to mention I am Sports Journalist and the Head of Sports & Marketing of my company)
VO: Typed on the computer for a while and said "how many kids do you said you have"?
Me: I was about saying just expecting to have one in weeks time when the VO nodded in agreement saying it's the first one you are expecting right?
VO: The Summit is not in line with your profession.
VO: Brought out the yellow paper, returned my passport and said sorry you can reapply again some other time.

54k gone in less than 3 minutes.

Took me days or maybe weeks to realise I made the denial decision easier to make for the VO due to my mistakes in answering some of his questions. Particularly not mentioning it that I am a Sports Journalist as the Summit I planned to attend is Sport Business related. Though contemplating reapplying now cos the summit comes up late March this year and the IV with me is still valid, plus I have plans to attend a summer course in the USA this year too. Don't know which one will be safer/better to apply with fellas. Will appreciate any advice on this.

Meanwhile the said 9th January at the Abuja US Embassy was a day to forget for many. The embassy denied people like no man's business on the day. Only elderly people were given visa. Maybe the ones I know of. Honestly all the young people including students that I witnessed their interview, saw and interacted with got the yellow paper not even young couples that looked convincing. An old woman that was interviewed just before me got her visa while another ederly man that was interviewed after me secured visa too but his daughter that was to accompany him to visit his son in the US was denied.

Wish everyone here the best for the moment and the future!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 8:22am On Feb 01, 2017
Let me make attendance here

I'm new here
Abeg make una welcome me

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 9:03am On Feb 01, 2017
Ancestors in the house
I hail thee
Straight to the point

I have read part1 and gosh i'm so tired of reading........e no easy
Anyways I want to apply for a visit visa for roughly 2 months

Age 28
Employment Status - gainfully employed
Marital status - engaged though thinking of court wedding with cert before applying to increase my chances and show as home ties
Gender- Female

oh I forgot to add travel history from my previous passport
3uk visas

I applied recently for UK and was denied cos I'm not married(hope it won't affect this one)

I have an uncle in the states that can help with an Invitation letter

Thinking of leaving in April

Abeg make una advice me ancestors
what are my chances
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 10:01am On Feb 01, 2017
@Seyewest and LadyG please help. I canceled my application and rescheduled because of not uploading picture but now I didn't change my Barcode. Please what should I do. My appointment is next Tuesday. Do I need to cancel and reschedule again. Heard I can only cancel once
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by osemwengie1: 10:31am On Feb 01, 2017
Please, my visa was approved on Thursday and I was asked to come back after 3 working days. Am currently in Benin, is there a way I can confirm if it's ready b4 going to lag to collect it. I will appreciate your quick response
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 12:12pm On Feb 01, 2017
Kirri:
Ancestors in the house
I hail thee
Straight to the point

I have read part1 and gosh i'm so tired of reading........e no easy
Anyways I want to apply for a visit visa for roughly 2 months

Age 28
Employment Status - gainfully employed
Marital status - engaged though thinking of court wedding with cert before applying to increase my chances and show as home ties
Gender- Female

oh I forgot to add travel history from my previous passport
3uk visas

I applied recently for UK and was denied cos I'm not married(hope it won't affect this one)

I have an uncle in the states that can help with an Invitation letter

Thinking of leaving in April

Abeg make una advice me ancestors
what are my chances

Who be your ancestor!!!

You came to this shrine without schnapps and kolanut eh kwa?! So how do you hexperrus to consult IFA on your behalf?

Let me leave the ancestors to provide answer

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 12:37pm On Feb 01, 2017
mabella2:
@Seyewest and LadyG please help. I canceled my application and rescheduled because of not uploading picture but now I didn't change my Barcode. Please what should I do. My appointment is next Tuesday. Do I need to cancel and reschedule again. Heard I can only cancel once
I will advise you to call the embassy or write them from the feedback option on your appointment profile page and do that asap.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 12:41pm On Feb 01, 2017
osemwengie1:
Please, my visa was approved on Thursday and I was asked to come back after 3 working days. Am currently in Benin, is there a way I can confirm if it's ready b4 going to lag to collect it. I will appreciate your quick response
you can check thru your profile page (CGI site) or go to ceac.state.gov and click on check my visa application status.. after filling the right data you should see something like ISSUED and check the date your visa was issued and add 4 days to it.. your visa should be ready for pick up at DHL
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by mayay: 1:22pm On Feb 01, 2017
Please house... I need free accommodation in Atlanta for 2 weeks o. Help a sister!

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 2:33pm On Feb 01, 2017
seyewest:
I will advise you to call the embassy or write them from the feedback option on your appointment profile page and do that asap.
Thank you I have rectified it. Sent them a mail
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by proddey(m): 3:29pm On Feb 01, 2017
proddey:
I just have to share my transcript as this forum really helped me in preparing for my US Visa interview. Had my interview on Wednesday, 25th January 2017 in Lagos. Before the interview, I had prepared a list of 19 potential questions that they could possibly ask based on the information that I gathered on this site. I had adequate responses for all of them and rehearsed them several times thoroughly before the interview date. Documents I took with me are:
- int. passport,
- one passport-size photograph,
- DS-160 confirmation page,
- interview appointment confirmation page,
- and GTBank visa payment receipt.

All other documents such as bank statements, pay slips, letter of employment, whatever whatever are absolutely not required. There's no point taking them to the embassy because they're not even going to look at them. You can take previous passports with you if you've traveled out of the country before and have visas on them but that's all. I left my phone at home also since they wouldn't permit you to take it inside. Don't patronize the touts, you don't need their services if you have the above documents in order. Just ignore the touts.

VO: Good morning
Me: Morning, Hi, how's work going?
VO: Pass me your passport
Me: I passed it, fidgeting a little bit.
VO: Why are you going to the US?
Me: I just finished a very hectic project so I just decided to take a vacation and visit my brother. VO nods affirmatively
VO: Where are you going to in the US?
Me: Miami, Florida
VO: What do you do for a living?
Me: I'm a Civil Engineer by profession
VO: Are you married?
Me: No I'm not, but I have parents with health issues that I take care of. VO nods affirmatively
VO: Do you have a child?
Me: No I don't
VO: I can see that you've been to the US before
ME: Yeah
VO: When was that?
Me: blah blah blah… I told her the year.
VO: Oh, you were a child?
Me: Yeah I was a minor then
VO: Tell me about your work?
Me: blah, blah, blah.... I gave her a very detailed and lengthy description of my work exactly how I filled it in the DS-160 form while she's reading from her screen and constantly nodding affirmatively. Before I could finish telling her about my job, she's flings the white paper at me and tells me to pick up my visa in 3 days’ time

The interview didn't last up to 45 seconds.

Lessons learned: I had told myself that the visa interview is not a do or die affair. It's not a matter of life and death. I believed my chances of getting the visa was 50/50. I prepared well enough and planned that if I didn't get the visa I'd reapply in 3 months’ time. It’s when you take this visa thing like a do or die affair that you’ll start fidgeting during the interview and you wouldn’t answer the questions with confidence.
Once I left the embassy, I got to the bus stop outside the embassy about to take a bus to Obalende. While waiting for Obalende Bus, a danfo bus, with about four police men in it, parked in front of me and one of the police officers got down to search what was in my bag. After searching and found nothing incriminating, they let me go. I didn’t really know why they stopped to search me. Were they just doing a random stop and search or had they been trailing me from the embassy? Then one guy at the bus stop started talking to me about why these police men do stop and search and said sometimes they could be fake police men who could drop something incriminating in your bag and later arrest you for nothing.
As for me, I'm always very cautious of strangers who start talking to me at the bus stops in Lagos because I've fallen victim of them twice so I was on high alert throughout his conversation. This guy acted like he wasn't going anywhere but when the Obalende bus came, I waited to see if he would enter but he didn’t. As the bus was about to take off I quickly got inside. Immediately he saw that I had entered the bus, he also quickly jumped inside the bus. That was when I suspected that this guy must be up to something. It's possible that he had been trailing me from the embassy. I immediately got off the bus and waited for the bus to go far before I joined another bus. I beat him to his game!. I suspect that he was either trying to follow me to my destination to know where I was staying or he was probably working for the police who had stopped to search me earlier. Outside the embassy earlier, I had seen a friend of mine who asked me if my visa application was successful and I said yes. It's probable that this tout heard our conversation and started following me.

Anyway the lesson is that once you get your visa, always keep a straight face and don't talk to anyone. you never can tell who might be following you. Always be on high alert.

Update to my post above
Your visa is usually ready for pick up 3 days after the interview but I decided to go pick up mine on the 4th day. Got to the DHL collection center along Muri Okunola street early in the morning and after picking up my passport, I proceeded to walk along Jubril Martins Street towards Ajose Adeogun Street to see how I could connect with transportation to take me home. I spoke with a cab driver parked along Ajose but when his charges were too high, I decided to turn and start walking back towards Muri Okunola street.

Lo and behold, I saw the very guy/tout (that I described in my transcript above) who tried to follow me from the embassy 4 days earlier! He was carrying a small bag with him. He was apparently following me to Ajose Adeogun and when I turned back towards Muri Okunola , this guy also turned also. He apparently didn't know that I recognised him very well. It was at this point that I got really scared and I now confirmed that he was up to something. There wasn't any nearby police officer or police station that I could run too. So I decided to go inside the Stanbic IBTC bank at the junction between Jubril Martins and Ajose Adeogun. I started watching him from the window from within the bank to see if he was still following me. After I had lost sight of him I came out of the bank and headed my way home all the while looking back to see if there was anyone or vehicle on my trail. Since I went for my passport on the 4th day instead of the typical 3rd day, it's possible that this guy had come to the DHL collection centre on the 3rd day and waited outside for the whole day hoping to see me. When he didn't see me , he decided to come again on the 4th day as well. Mehn!! this is really scary!!

My suspicion is that this guy probably wanted to rob me of my passport with visa on it or follow me to my destination so that he could do the worst. Thank God I escaped from him. My only fear now is that I hope he didn't show up with one or two of his cohorts to trail me because I wouldn't be able to know if anyone of them was still following me.

My advise to everyone seeking the American Visa, BE VERY VERY CAREFUL WITH THOSE TOUTS OUTSIDE THE EMBASSY! Some of them are just criminals who are probably watching out for any successful visa applicant to dispossess of your passport and visa. Always be on your guard at all times before and after leaving the embassy.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by babylawyr(f): 5:38pm On Feb 01, 2017
Turkish Airlines is doing a promo, tickets are as low as 207k.

Yep i said it 207k. (IAH in June)

(1) (2) (3) ... (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) ... (541)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.