Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,866 members, 7,889,888 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 11:59 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (79) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1557261 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Udiboy(f): 7:30pm On Mar 02, 2016
LadyGuinivere:
Emmmm this opinion about vacationing without family... I see nothing in it o!
I applied without hubby for vacation. Around winter sef and it wasn't an issue...
Can we remember the person that said' I Want to go and see snow ooo'
Ties trumps purpose anytime

On a serious note, did someone really say he/she main purpose of wanting to travel to US is TO SEE SNOW?
Or y'all are just playing too much?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 7:46pm On Mar 02, 2016
Udiboy:

On a serious note, did someone really say he/she main purpose of wanting to travel to US is TO SEE SNOW?
Read back. A poster said that's wwhat somebody said whilst he was there. Try that approach next tym grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 7:47pm On Mar 02, 2016
Udiboy:

True
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 7:55pm On Mar 02, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Haba! What is bringing all this one plus the gbam on top na? No be personal opinion we dey share here? Diverse opinions make for a well rounded opinion.
And in the context of the issue, the guy aplied and then reapplied for a visit/vacation. Nothing really had changed except the dubai visit which let's be honest dosent hold any water. Soooooooooo please Seye mbok let's not raise raise dust yet....Benny nwanne pls stop gbamming cheesy
Up free speech!
Mama LG if you followed the conversation the guy said it's tourism and I said he maybe denied if he re apply but if it was for something very important like medical/conference etc he can reapply that the time he reapply does not matter.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 8:02pm On Mar 02, 2016
seyewest:

Mama LG if you followed the conversation the guy said it's tourism and I said he maybe denied if he re apply but if it was for something very important like medical/conference etc he can reapply that the time he reapply does not matter.
Naaa I was referring to the latter part of the post...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 8:09pm On Mar 02, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Naaa I was referring to the latter part of the post...
Anyway sha we are all learning and sharing opinion... How that side? I don dey miss yankee ooo this heat in naija na die I swear.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 9:18pm On Mar 02, 2016
seyewest:
Anyway sha we are all learning and sharing opinion... How that side? I don dey miss yankee ooo this heat in naija na die I swear.
I yaff return o!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ancestorial(m): 9:44pm On Mar 02, 2016
i went for my interview today and the V.O denied me. Checkout the transcript.

V.O- good morning sir, and how are you?

Me- good morning sir, m fine nd u?

V.O- Pass me ur passport, pls

Me-(gave him the passport)

V.O- (Typed for a few moment) What r u going to do in US?

Me- i will be attending a meeting with xyz association in Atlanta Georgia in xyz month

V.O-Are you married?

Me- yes

V.O- With kids?

Me- A son

V.O- where do you work?

Me- with xyz hospital

V.O- What do you do there?

Me- xyz job, specialty in xyz

V.O- Av u traveled out b4?

Me- No

V.O- (Types for a few moment)....Unfortunately u r not eligible 2 travel this time. m sorry.

Please house, where av i gone wrong, this is my first time of applying and i think he denied me because of my travel history or what do u pple think?

-

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 9:46pm On Mar 02, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

I yaff return o!
Welcome my sis
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Beniyoha01(m): 11:00pm On Mar 02, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Haba! What is bringing all this one plus the gbam on top na? No be personal opinion we dey share here? Diverse opinions make for a well rounded opinion.
And in the context of the issue, the guy aplied and then reapplied for a visit/vacation. Nothing really had changed except the dubai visit which let's be honest dosent hold any water. Soooooooooo please Seye mbok let's not raise raise dust yet....Benny nwanne pls stop gbamming cheesy
Up free speech!

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Beniyoha01(m): 11:00pm On Mar 02, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Up free speech!

Sorry our dear LadyG.. Sincerely I was just approving his post not spitting.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Beniyoha01(m): 11:21pm On Mar 02, 2016
@ancestorial

I'll advice you reapply only IF....

*you haven't applied before with a previous story that does not correlate

*the meeting is true and not a hoax or an agent arranged meeting.

But on a deeper look the meeting thing seem more like the issue... From your transcript the Vo did not ask you to talk about what the meeting is all about. You were also not asked any question seeking to ascertain your true knowledge of your profession. Are you sure this is ur 1St application?

My suspicion is born outa the fact that this Vo did not cross examine your intent, u were only asked question that already existed on ur ds160 and this may be due to ur aura, persona and charisma or past.

Just my opinion.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 6:06am On Mar 03, 2016
@ancestoriaal without knowing your job (xyz) and the relationship with the meeting you were going for, I cannot offer any opinon on that.
However, I believe in your case. It was just simply the lack of travel history. The vo was not convinced and not ready to be the one to 'disv' your passport.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ivian: 11:43am On Mar 03, 2016
Hi I've been following this thread quietly and it helped me prepare for my interview. So I taught to share.........

I catwalked in eyeing the cute guy in Windows 9 he's fine sha luckily he's cubicle was free my turn so I went there flashing my best smiles... Lol.

V.o - good morning
Me - good morning (smiling) looking straight into his eyes.
V.0 - your passport please

V.o - (calling my name ) where are you going

Me - Miami , Florida

V.0 - reason for travel

Me - tourism

V.o - why Miami

Me - its a beautiful city and has a lot of fun places for sight seeing.

V.o - what do you do

Me - I work with ******

V.o - what's your take home

Me - ********

V.o - how much will the trip cost

Me - 3500 USD my dad is supporting me

V.o - are you married

Me - nope

V.o - kids

Me- nope

V.o - hmmm ok this might make you uncomfortable do you have a boy friend

Me - off course yes
V.o - (feeling jealous) what does he do
Me - he ********
V.o - can you give me a break down of *******
Me - (gave him hot ) he ****************
V.o - ok is he in America
Me - 9ja
V.o - are you sure about that
Me - yes
V.o - do you have relatives in America or immediate family

Me - naaah

V.o - where's Freehand Miami
Me - the hotel I'll be staying
V.o - what's your highest qualification in school
Me - bsc
V.o - what course
Me - ******
V.o - how long have you been with this company
Me - 4 years
V.o - have you travelled before
Me - yes
V.o - where
Me - Dubai , Ghana
V.o - ok I've approved your visa circles the place for pick up blah blah blah blah blah

Me - didn't even hear the rest

No documents checked

The guy is cute for days and he can type for Africa .

I think sincerity and boldness and stating clearly your reason for travel works.

But prayer is the key

13 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 11:47am On Mar 03, 2016
ivian:
Hi I've been following this thread quietly and it helped me prepare for my interview. So I taught to share.........

I catwalked in eyeing the cute guy in Windows 9 he's fine sha luckily he's cubicle was free my turn so I went there flashing my best smiles... Lol.

V.o - good morning
Me - good morning (smiling) looking straight into his eyes.
V.0 - your passport please

V.o - (calling my name ) where are you going

Me - Miami , Florida

V.0 - reason for travel

Me - tourism

V.o - why Miami

Me - its a beautiful city and has a lot of fun places for sight seeing.

V.o - what do you do

Me - I work with ******

V.o - what's your take home

Me - ********

V.o - how much will the trip cost

Me - 3500 USD my dad is supporting me

V.o - are you married

Me - nope

V.o - kids

Me- nope

V.o - hmmm ok this might make you uncomfortable do you have a boy friend

Me - off course yes
V.o - (feeling jealous) what does he do
Me - he ********
V.o - can you give me a break down of *******
Me - (gave him hot ) he ****************
V.o - ok is he in America
Me - 9ja
V.o - are you sure about that
Me - yes
V.o - do you have relatives in America or immediate family

Me - naaah

V.o - where's Freehand Miami
Me - the hotel I'll be staying
V.o - what's your highest qualification in school
Me - bsc
V.o - what course
Me - ******
V.o - how long have you been with this company
Me - 4 years
V.o - have you travelled before
Me - yes
V.o - where
Me - Dubai , Ghana
V.o - ok I've approved your visa circles the place for pick up blah blah blah blah blah

Me - didn't even hear the rest

No documents checked

The guy is cute for days and he can type for Africa .

I think sincerity and boldness and stating clearly your reason for travel works.

But prayer is the key
congrats

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Beniyoha01(m): 12:28pm On Mar 03, 2016
@ivian.... Congrats!

Tho i think you were just lucky, seem like he liked you....

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ikanason(m): 12:31pm On Mar 03, 2016
Udiboy:

Hahaaaa@ klegically!
That's so ochi Eze.
I did migrate legally. Hubby is a citizen and living here so I had to leave my beloved Naija to join him here.

Theres no 1st class/2nd class thing in pharmacy/Medicine.

I will go back and check for the ties essay you wrote.
Biko , drop anymore useful Info when your head cools.
Thanks

pls if u see the ties tell me the page I need it too. thanks and good luck in ur plans...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 1:20pm On Mar 03, 2016
@ivian Congrats... Did you share your number with him...lolzzzz

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 1:40pm On Mar 03, 2016
Beniyoha01:
@ivian.... Congrats!

Tho i think you were just lucky, seem like he liked you....
she qualifies for the visa no be luck
my single friend who is studying for her masters degree presently and being sponsored by her mum also got the visa and she is just 24 years old too to add to it and has been to the u.k twice got her visa in February too.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 1:41pm On Mar 03, 2016
A lot of mediocre talks and comments are plenty on this thread now lipsrsealed
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ivian: 1:43pm On Mar 03, 2016
@seyewest if he asked eehnnnn cheesy grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 2:13pm On Mar 03, 2016
ivian:
Yes oooooooo enjoy your trip jare.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 3:12pm On Mar 03, 2016
ivian:
lol does he need to ask. He has ur contact info. Don't be suprised if u get a call from him one of these days lol
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 3:14pm On Mar 03, 2016
iRyan:
lol does he need to ask. He has ur contact info. Don't be suprised if u get a call from him one of these days lol
yes ooooooo
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Beniyoha01(m): 3:36pm On Mar 03, 2016
iRyan:

Hahahaha.... so not only me thinks he likes her (based on the transcript)!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 3:40pm On Mar 03, 2016
Beniyoha01:

Hahahaha.... so not only me thinks he likes her (based on the transcript)!

He like her die... it's allowed... it's the human factor coming in bro... To me a lot depend on hard work and luck.
Life is not straightforward.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Beniyoha01(m): 3:51pm On Mar 03, 2016
seyewest:

He like her die... it's allowed... it's the human factor coming in bro... To me a lot depend on hard work and luck.
Life is not straightforward.

Yes o seye... infact, a colleague of mine went to the embassy middle of last year. usually this lady likes to dress like an ashanti (oloso) to work, always on skimpy stuffs and the highest heels shocked shocked, i guess she dressed that same way to the embassy to seduce the VO (Lolz).

Transcript (So i heard oo... She no tell me cos me and her no dey talk)

HER - Good Morning
VO - Good Morning, Are you married?
HER - No
VO - Sorry, you don't qualify for a visa blah blah blah...

This transcript keeps cracking me up every time i remember, and this gyal is so so cocky and rude.
she think say na her papa embassy, she wan seduce VO.

Anyway, na luck... another VO could have caught the attraction and issued, afterall alot of babes
abroad may have gotten it that way. (Forget 214(b) we are all humans) grin

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by oganlalasokun: 4:28pm On Mar 03, 2016
Hello nairalanders, I was able to call YellowcabNYC.com, asked them if I could get a cab to carry me to the Greyhound station from JFK. They said OK and charged $60. I was told to call them once I arrive JFK. Is this a good arrangement pls ? I need to get a greyhound bus to Dayton, Ohio.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 4:54pm On Mar 03, 2016
oganlalasokun:
Hello nairalanders, I was able to call YellowcabNYC.com, asked them if I could get a cab to carry me to the Greyhound station from JFK. They said OK and charged $60. I was told to call them once I arrive JFK. Is this a good arrangement pls ? I need to get a greyhound bus to Dayton, Ohio.
wow... $60 is a lot if there's no toll on the way.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 5:00pm On Mar 03, 2016
oganlalasokun:
use uber
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by oganlalasokun: 5:01pm On Mar 03, 2016
seyewest:
wow... $60 is a lot if there's no toll on the way.
U mean I could even be charged more than the $60 ?
A straight flight to Dayton is not less than 360k, and I can still get emirates to JFK for 245k. The only option for me now is to get to JFK and get on a bus to Dayton, Ohio, or what domu think pls ? Any advice ?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 5:14pm On Mar 03, 2016
oganlalasokun:

U mean I could even be charged more than the $60 ?
A straight flight to Dayton is not less than 360k, and I can still get emirates to JFK for 245k. The only option for me now is to get to JFK and get on a bus to Dayton, Ohio, or what domu think pls ? Any advice ?

I will give you something cool and you will thank me... when you get to JFK take a plane to Indianapolis and take a bus to Ohio I think everything is less than $200 from JFK.

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (541)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.