Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,848 members, 7,848,436 topics. Date: Sunday, 02 June 2024 at 11:21 PM

Is It Normal For Mom And Daugther To Be Best Friend? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Normal For Mom And Daugther To Be Best Friend? (910 Views)

Hello Nairalanders!! Meet My Mom And I / Is Cheating Normal For Men? / Is It Normal For A Woman To Shout At Her Husband? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Normal For Mom And Daugther To Be Best Friend? by fyneboi(m): 4:15am On Apr 25, 2009
My girlfriend is very close to her mom and tells her everything. Even when we have misunderstanding,

she can't wait to report to her mom. Her mom do give her some good advice sometime because

she likes me for her, but I am scared if we get married her closeness to her mom might affect our marriage?

Should I be worried about that?
Re: Is It Normal For Mom And Daugther To Be Best Friend? by sosisi(f): 4:26am On Apr 25, 2009
fyneboi:

My girlfriend is very close to her mom and tells her everything. Even when we have misunderstanding,

she can't wait to report to her mom. Her mom do give her some good advice sometime because

she likes me for her, but I am scared if we get married her closeness to her mom might affect our marriage?

Should I be worried about that?

she'll grow out of it.
and no girl tells her mom everything.
There are some things we always keep to ourselves
Re: Is It Normal For Mom And Daugther To Be Best Friend? by ThoniaSlim(f): 4:32am On Apr 25, 2009
Me and my mum have a very wonderful relationship. . .I tell her ALMOST everything. . .but as Osisi said. . .not everything. wink
Re: Is It Normal For Mom And Daugther To Be Best Friend? by iice(f): 9:22am On Apr 25, 2009
Its normal. . .
Re: Is It Normal For Mom And Daugther To Be Best Friend? by slimfine(f): 6:20pm On Apr 26, 2009
why do I think this guy is my boyfriend? lol but yeah, I am very close to my mom but she knows I am very strong and have good judgement so she trust my decisions. my mom is the kind that doesn't persuade anyone. she gives me advice an leaves me to make my decisions and she respects whatever I decide to do. when I get married to my guy, there are things that I may not share with her just to maintain intimacy in my marriage.

so if it bothers you just let her know what your concerns are respectfully, she may grant you that.
Re: Is It Normal For Mom And Daugther To Be Best Friend? by Nobody: 12:39pm On Apr 27, 2009
i dont think there is anything wrong with that as long as the mom doesnt interfere with your relationship,
your girl will always get advices from people either it be from mom/friends/sisters etc.
Re: Is It Normal For Mom And Daugther To Be Best Friend? by chikito1(f): 4:51pm On Apr 27, 2009
If her mum has got a good judgment, then its cool as she will want the best for you both. But if her mum is otherwise,

then i am afraid it could affect your relationship based on bad advise.
Re: Is It Normal For Mom And Daugther To Be Best Friend? by iice(f): 5:19pm On Apr 27, 2009
Slimfine.  .  .just wanted to say, that wave is rocking! cheesy
Ughh now i'm homesick grin
Re: Is It Normal For Mom And Daugther To Be Best Friend? by Sissy3(f): 8:33pm On Apr 27, 2009
i think it is normal however, she shouldn't tell her mom everything little thing that happens in their marriage. certain thing in the marriage should be only between the married couple and off limit to the mom.
Re: Is It Normal For Mom And Daugther To Be Best Friend? by MrCrackles(m): 8:36pm On Apr 27, 2009
Yeah perfectly normal! cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Hate In A Mother / Tribal Marks On Babies Faces / If You Were Given A Chance To Change One Of Your Parents, Who Would It Be?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.