Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,366 members, 7,888,179 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 09:05 PM

Should I Get Married Now? "A Close Friends Headache" - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Get Married Now? "A Close Friends Headache" (843 Views)

I Slept With KC Just To Win, Later We Got Married, Now He's Sleeping With Others / Lady Catches Boyfriend With Another Girl At Dominos After He Lied About Headache / Nigerian Couple Who Met On Twitter Are Married Now (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Get Married Now? "A Close Friends Headache" by veeberry(m): 2:40pm On Oct 11, 2015
I have a friend who's 29. He works with an organization that pays him 80k monthly and he has worked with the organization for 3yrs and has N2m+ in his bank account and without any other source of income except for his paid job. This guy in question is considering getting married to a lady who's still in the university(final year). He approaches me for an advise and his question is "Can I go ahead and get married to my lover with hopes that God who has given me the little I have will keep doing his work and provide my dear wife with a good job after graduation?"............ If you are to advise this dude, what'll be your advise?
Re: Should I Get Married Now? "A Close Friends Headache" by kwencypresh(f): 2:42pm On Oct 11, 2015
He should follow his heart
Re: Should I Get Married Now? "A Close Friends Headache" by Nobody: 2:52pm On Oct 11, 2015
God has also given him greater intellect than what he gave to a goose, he must use it & stop leaving everything up to chance. Does now really sound like a good time to be married? After that they will be bickering back & forth because of finances. People without foresight & religious nuts are why there are so many problems in the world today. Smh.
Re: Should I Get Married Now? "A Close Friends Headache" by Stanleyafam(m): 2:52pm On Oct 11, 2015
He is good to go, but he should wait for her to graduate first and serve.
Secondly she should have the qualities of one that can manage money perfectly well and also the qualities of a business planner..
Re: Should I Get Married Now? "A Close Friends Headache" by falconey(m): 2:56pm On Oct 11, 2015
final year girl in this country? Make sure you impregnate her before marriage.

Well 2million naira? it depends on her tribe, if igbo you'll need more than that. Yoruba 200k will do highest half a million.

Hausa hmmmm I don't know how they do their thing but I'm sure you will buy cows.

1 Like

Re: Should I Get Married Now? "A Close Friends Headache" by veeberry(m): 2:59pm On Oct 11, 2015
PunkyVeer:
God has also given him greater intellect than what he gave to a goose, he must use it & stop leaving everything up to chance. Does now really sound like a good time to be married? After that they will be bickering back & forth because of finances. People without foresight & religious nuts are why there are so many problems in the world today. Smh.
Thank you. I appreciate.
Re: Should I Get Married Now? "A Close Friends Headache" by veeberry(m): 3:03pm On Oct 11, 2015
falconey:
[color=#990000][/color]
Lols........ You are indeed funny but on point. Marriage isn't a childs play neither is it a competition. 2M and 80k monthly truly is kinda small. #My take.
Re: Should I Get Married Now? "A Close Friends Headache" by Chidexter(m): 3:20pm On Oct 11, 2015
Hmm, first of all, are you sure a friend approached you for this or you just made it up so as to hit fp(yes, many people are crazy about it)

Now back to my opinion, He's good to go for me, as long as the wedding/marriage or whatever isnt too elaborate that it would endanger their lives and unborn, upcomming, future child/children as the case may be......
80k a month is okay to me, but with added responsibility and expenditures that comes with marriage it isnt very satisfying... But still okay. Atleast he's got a job unlike some who dont have at all and yet still get married, while others dont earn half of that amount but are enjoying their marriage.

I'd say he goes for it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Get Married Now? "A Close Friends Headache" by shumuel(m): 3:46pm On Oct 11, 2015
falconey:
[color=#990000][/color]final year girl in this country? Make sure
you impregnate her before marriage. Well 2million naira? it depends on her tribe, if igbo you'll need more than that.
Yoruba 200k will do highest half a million.
Hausa hmmmm I don't know how they do their thing but I'm sure you will buy cows.

Hausa's is the cheapest, all you need is a salty chinchin and Zobo, you can also add jollyoff rice & fish, just to spice the occation grin , so N50,000K would do wink
Re: Should I Get Married Now? "A Close Friends Headache" by Nobody: 4:08pm On Oct 11, 2015
Me too cry cry cry
Re: Should I Get Married Now? "A Close Friends Headache" by aameyah(f): 7:04pm On Oct 11, 2015
Wow, you are a prudent one, aren't you??

You tried with your savings from 80k. You can make it as a married man, if you got a prudent lady too, who will be making her own money soonest....

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Erotic S*x In Room 14 / Mature Advice Please: How Can I Get Over My Ex?? / My "Hellochallenge" With A Nairalander ALLSMYLES

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.