Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,836 members, 7,872,808 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 10:33 PM

Biafra : Urhobo Eulogizes Igbo, Says Igbo Are The Salt Of The Nation. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra : Urhobo Eulogizes Igbo, Says Igbo Are The Salt Of The Nation. (4593 Views)

"Igbo Are The Majority In Nigeria, They Cannot Leave"- Okorocha / Beyonce Eulogizes ‘igbo Spirit’ Behind The Biafran Struggle In New Video (photos / Buhari’s 10 Major Independence Day Quotes - The Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biafra : Urhobo Eulogizes Igbo, Says Igbo Are The Salt Of The Nation. by CSTR2: 8:08am On Oct 12, 2015
And which is why i always know in my heart, that ndi-igbo would be better off on its own.
It may take initial pain to adjust, but we will be much better off.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra : Urhobo Eulogizes Igbo, Says Igbo Are The Salt Of The Nation. by orisa37: 10:18am On Oct 12, 2015
Urhobo sweet talk! "Na Wayo"!
Re: Biafra : Urhobo Eulogizes Igbo, Says Igbo Are The Salt Of The Nation. by freez2ryme(m): 11:39am On Oct 12, 2015
Dey can only be one tribe called Igbo
Just imagine another 40yrs
Re: Biafra : Urhobo Eulogizes Igbo, Says Igbo Are The Salt Of The Nation. by TheOnlyWiseMan: 5:42pm On Oct 12, 2015
Jaideyone:
ok I was just going to laugh and pass but I just had to reply you. the Fulanis were defeated and driven back to Ilorin by the Ibadan armies. the only reason Ilorin wasn't liberated was because the indigenes embraced Islam. infact most of those that fought against the Ibadan armies while trying to take back Ilorin were Yorubas.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ibadan

I understand your stupidity is inherent. but no matter how hard you try. you can't change history.
have a wonderful day and pls stick to the topic
YO-ROBBER people are born Coward.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra : Urhobo Eulogizes Igbo, Says Igbo Are The Salt Of The Nation. by Jaideyone(m): 6:08pm On Oct 12, 2015
TheOnlyWiseMan:

YO-ROBBER people are born Coward.
yes we are cowards if that makes you sleep at night cheesy but don't forget the man that could not defend the biafran dream with his own life after 2million people already died for the cause he championed. he's the real coward for running to abijan instead of dying like a hero.

ewu ibo

1 Like

Re: Biafra : Urhobo Eulogizes Igbo, Says Igbo Are The Salt Of The Nation. by TheOnlyWiseMan: 6:50pm On Oct 12, 2015
Jaideyone:
yes we are cowards if that makes you sleep at night cheesy but don't forget the man that could not defend the biafran dream with his own life after 2million people already died for the cause he championed. he's the real coward for running to abijan instead of dying like a hero.

ewu ibo
Show us the evidence that he ran away instead of Diplomatic shuttle.

6 Likes

Re: Biafra : Urhobo Eulogizes Igbo, Says Igbo Are The Salt Of The Nation. by BiafranAvatar(m): 6:53pm On Oct 12, 2015
Even devil knows that!!!

Just Say The Name "BiafranAvatar"
Re: Biafra : Urhobo Eulogizes Igbo, Says Igbo Are The Salt Of The Nation. by Nobody: 4:14am On Oct 13, 2015
MayorofLagos:

Who would put it there? Your land was never developed before the war, it would have remained undeveloped if war had not been fought.
What is this monkey talking about? Why say something you're not sure of because of hate? was yourobber land developed by then?

1 Like

Re: Biafra : Urhobo Eulogizes Igbo, Says Igbo Are The Salt Of The Nation. by Nobody: 4:36am On Oct 13, 2015
Jaideyone:

ewu ibo
That is what you yourobbers are good at. Always telling and feeding people with lies. My happiness is, there is no hero like Ojukwu in your land.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Biafra : Urhobo Eulogizes Igbo, Says Igbo Are The Salt Of The Nation. by Jaideyone(m): 5:15am On Oct 13, 2015
ekenedegreat:
That is what you yourobbers are good at. Always telling and feeding people with lies. My happiness is, there is no hero like Ojukwu in your land.
lmao so it's now a lie that oju iku ran away to Abidjan when Nigerian troops closed in on him? In ancient Yoruba kingdoms a war chief that looses a war has to kill himself. that is not cowardice. cowardice is when an ojukwu leads 2m people to their death in a senseless war only for in to run away when it became obvious he was going to be captured.

1 Like

Re: Biafra : Urhobo Eulogizes Igbo, Says Igbo Are The Salt Of The Nation. by Jaideyone(m): 5:19am On Oct 13, 2015
TheOnlyWiseMan:

Show us the evidence that he ran away instead of Diplomatic shuttle.
diplomatic shuttle indeed cheesy Ibos like worshiping cowards. don't worry Nnamdi Kanu will lead the biafran revolution from the comfort of his bedroom in the UK cheesy after a lot of ibos are ready to die for him

1 Like

Re: Biafra : Urhobo Eulogizes Igbo, Says Igbo Are The Salt Of The Nation. by Nobody: 5:26am On Oct 13, 2015
Jaideyone:
lmao so it's now a lie that oju iku ran away to Abidjan when Nigerian troops closed in on him? In ancient Yoruba kingdoms a war chief that looses a war has to kill himself. that is not cowardice. cowardice is when an ojukwu leads 2m people to their death in a senseless war only for in to run away when it became obvious he was going to be captured.
I said it and I will continue saying it. Yourobbers are good in lying and deceiving people. Ok, can you tell us how Ojukwu caused the war?

3 Likes

Re: Biafra : Urhobo Eulogizes Igbo, Says Igbo Are The Salt Of The Nation. by omoelesa(m): 5:46am On Oct 13, 2015
ArodewilliamsT:

It was better than the land of the brown roofians and far ahead today. Face illorin
Those land of brown is where u have millions of your kinsmen are making it.If those government of brown roof land, decides to send ur people back to ur region, u already knows that, doom awaits u.

1 Like

Re: Biafra : Urhobo Eulogizes Igbo, Says Igbo Are The Salt Of The Nation. by omoelesa(m): 5:56am On Oct 13, 2015
ekenedegreat:
I dont even pray to have a hero like ojukwu in our land.only a people whith inferiorty complex can have a man like that, as hero.

1 Like

Re: Biafra : Urhobo Eulogizes Igbo, Says Igbo Are The Salt Of The Nation. by Jaideyone(m): 6:27am On Oct 13, 2015
ekenedegreat:
I said it and I will continue saying it. Yourobbers are good in lying and deceiving people. Ok, can you tell us how Ojukwu caused the war?
ret@rd trying to secede in a country under a dictator was his number one mistake. did he expect Gowon to just allow Biafra? impossible!!! a wiseman like Awo advised him to shelve the idea but yorubas were tagged the cowards for being tactical and proactive. now ibos ended up with 2m people dead and their ass whooped back into Nigeria with oju iku running with his tail in between his legs cheesy

1 Like

Re: Biafra : Urhobo Eulogizes Igbo, Says Igbo Are The Salt Of The Nation. by JoeCutie(m): 6:30am On Oct 13, 2015
TheOnlyWiseMan:
I am not Igbo. I am proud of my Urhobo. However, as a stdent of history, I wish to show just what these great people came/come against and yet thrive.

Okay, the incessant killings in the North will be glossed over so as to make this article not overly long. The civil war will also not be discussed.

However, post civil war, as I explained in my post MINORITY REPORT: THE SYSTEM IS RIGGED AGAINST YOU, the rich in Nigeria have major roots in the Indegenization decree of 1972 and 1977. I reminded how the banks gave people of other tribes, predominantly Hausas and Yorubas loans to by up companies owned by foreigners. Now imagine the Federal government forced Chevron to sell 51 percent of its shares and that Access Bank will give you loans to buy the shares. How rich will you be in a year? 5 Years? That is how many Yorubas and Hausas got to own UAC, all those Dunlop, Leventis, Cadbury etc.

Now while this was ongoing, Gowon told the Nigerian banks to give TOPS twenty naira to any Igbo man that had money in the bank before the war. That is, if you had 5 naira before the war, you will be given the 5 naira. But if you had a hundred naira, you get just twenty naira in full fulfilment of the banks duty to give you your money.

Ask yourselves “why would the banks give Igbos only twenty naira? Did the banks collapse? So why pay less than you were given?

So while the banks were giving loans to Hausa and Yorubas to buy Oyibo companies they did not build, Igbos were being cheated out of their rightful moneys.

Now not also that these people lost Houses and business across the land. It is safe to say that as at 1970/71. the richest Igbo had 20 naira that may be the equivalent of maybe one million.

Let us lok at how Dangote made his money. He Dagote (a great man and pride to Nigeria) has an uncle called Dantata who owned huge chunks of the groundnut pyramids of the 50’s and 60’s. He gave Dangte a loan and Dangote paid it back in record time. CLAP CLAP. The add that Dangote has had his “brothers” in government, from IBB to Abacha and Abdulsalaam. When they now agreed to democracy, he was rich enough to have funded Obasanjo and so government policies, be it monopoly afforded him for rice, sugar flour and of course a large share of subsidy etc ensures he is the wealthiest Nigerian. (note many had same opportunity but did not use it. We kowtow to Dangote’s investment capabilities)

However, for the Igbo man, where will he see an uncle that will loan him money? The richest man in their family has how much as at then? So while Fani Kayode can inherit property of his father and grandfather and great grand father, a Chidi Cali cannot inherit anything from his grandfather who had business in Kano or even Port Harcourt. Neighbours have made his dad’s storey building theirs, and even someone as educated as Saro Wiwa lived in an Igbo war emigrant house as his. (a sore point of the Niger Delta and Igbo Unity) WAEC building was Ojukwu’s dad’s building and like that building, thousands and the land with it….lands worth billions today were taken from Igbos and each and everyIgbo had tops 20 naira, destroyed homeland, stolen and destroyed wealth away from the east. ALso his brother is never president that will give him oil block or fuel lifting. Of 33, only one Igbo man and because he was in Obasanjo’s good graces.

YET LOOK HOW PROUD THEY STAND TODAY!!! Look what they have achieved for themselves….FIRST GENERATION WEALTH…top second generation. From being unable to send their first sons to school so he could help look after the shop, to producing first class brains in all departments of modern learning.

So today, as you accuse Igbos of wanting their Biafra or of Baby Factory, or liking money and ready to do anything for money, remember that just forty years ago, while the banks were dashing your uncles loans to buy all the companies of Nigeria, it stole from the Igbos. Know that appointments have not favoured them. Note that they remain persecuted and many speak such ill and hate twoards a people forced by need to survive to be extra-aggressive towards their sustenance. Maybe if you took their history into consideration, you will not be so critical of them, but instead say “what a resilient people” and give God the glory that FOR NOW, we and such a great people are compatriots.

Igbo Kwenu.

By : Ena Ofugara

http://www.igberetvnews.com/?p=1331
The very first 'long' post I'm reading here on Nairaland, and it was worth it. What a read! If you're truly not an Igbo and you wrote this? lipsrsealed I've said it before, and I'll say it countless times over: You can only see the 'good' in people (or a people) if you're good yourself. Let me just say...you're good.

Thank you, brother, for speaking out for the Igbos. Sometimes, when I hear/read the history of this great people, I cry, I smile, I thank God. The Igbos typify coming from NOTHING to SOMETHING. From GRASS to GRACE. I couldn't have asked for a better tribe.

Even though I hate to trade hate words with the other tribes, I know who I am, and I'm the most proud guy being Igbo. When I tour the east and see how much they've achieved despite the unending bad treatments, I just get emotionally speechless. But it's okay. We are used to those now. And we somehow, have a way if wowing and shutting people up.

Again, thank you, brother. God bless you. smiley

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Biafra : Urhobo Eulogizes Igbo, Says Igbo Are The Salt Of The Nation. by Nobody: 7:09am On Oct 13, 2015
Jaideyone:
ret@rd trying to secede in a country under a dictator was his number one mistake. did he expect Gowon to just allow Biafra? impossible!!! a wiseman like Awo advised him to shelve the idea but yorubas were tagged the cowards for being tactical and proactive. now ibos ended up with 2m people dead and their ass whooped back into Nigeria with oju iku running with his tail in between his legs cheesy
When the Igbos were being massacred all over the country especially in the north without the protection of the then government, what do you think Ojukwu could have done?
Have you ever thought of the aburi Ghana?
What do you think they went to aburi to do?
Why did Gowon abandoned the treaty he signed with Ojukwu immediately he step into Lagos which was then the capital?
Don't ever mention that rat poison consumer that betrayed Ojukwu here.

3 Likes

Re: Biafra : Urhobo Eulogizes Igbo, Says Igbo Are The Salt Of The Nation. by Nobody: 7:14am On Oct 13, 2015
Jaideyone:
What you saying is it related to the topic or the article
Re: Biafra : Urhobo Eulogizes Igbo, Says Igbo Are The Salt Of The Nation. by Jaideyone(m): 7:50am On Oct 13, 2015
ekenedegreat:
When the Igbos were being massacred all over the country especially in the north without the protection of the then government, what do you think Ojukwu could have done?
Have you ever thought of the aburi Ghana?
What do you think they went to aburi to do?
Why did Gowon abandoned the treaty he signed with Ojukwu immediately he step into Lagos which was then the capital?
Don't ever mention that rat poison consumer that betrayed Ojukwu here.
ibos made songs out of the January coup. how do you laugh at your hosts over the death of their leader balewa?

1 Like

Re: Biafra : Urhobo Eulogizes Igbo, Says Igbo Are The Salt Of The Nation. by bonechamberlain(m): 7:58am On Oct 13, 2015
DMerciful:
One thing Nigerians fail to understand is that what drives the Biafrans is from within just like Germany after two world wars they are the richest in Europe grin
exactly, if Biafra success don't be surprised to see the country giving bailout funds to oodua, or arewa, just like what Germany is doing in Europe :-/

2 Likes

Re: Biafra : Urhobo Eulogizes Igbo, Says Igbo Are The Salt Of The Nation. by Nobody: 8:40am On Oct 13, 2015
Jaideyone:
ibos made songs out of the January coup. how do you laugh at your hosts over the death of their leader balewa?
LIES!!! That is not what my history book says. I thought you came prepared, I want you to know that your masters has been feeding you lots with lies that's why you people always come to NL with lies and propaganda pls start by answering my questions thanks.

1 Like

Re: Biafra : Urhobo Eulogizes Igbo, Says Igbo Are The Salt Of The Nation. by Jaideyone(m): 9:47am On Oct 13, 2015
ekenedegreat:
LIES!!! That is not what my history book says. I thought you came prepared, I want you to know that your masters has been feeding you lots with lies that's why you people always come to NL with lies and propaganda pls start by answering my questions thks.
lol so it's a lie that balewa was killed in a coup that was perceived to be an Igbo coup?
Re: Biafra : Urhobo Eulogizes Igbo, Says Igbo Are The Salt Of The Nation. by Brooklynsouth(f): 9:50am On Oct 13, 2015
ekenedegreat:
my brother yeyoba has Gen diya the one that cried kneeling to his junior

1 Like

Re: Biafra : Urhobo Eulogizes Igbo, Says Igbo Are The Salt Of The Nation. by Brooklynsouth(f): 9:52am On Oct 13, 2015
omoelesa:
Those land of brown is where u have millions of your kinsmen are making it.If those government of brown roof land, decides to send ur people back to ur region, u already knows that, doom awaits u.
and do you know what ll happen to the economy of the brown roofian jungle?

1 Like

Re: Biafra : Urhobo Eulogizes Igbo, Says Igbo Are The Salt Of The Nation. by omoelesa(m): 9:57am On Oct 13, 2015
Brooklynsouth:
and do you know what ll happen to the economy of the brown roofian jungle?
Then, move out so, that things would happen to the economy of brown roof jungle.

1 Like

Re: Biafra : Urhobo Eulogizes Igbo, Says Igbo Are The Salt Of The Nation. by Candyrain(m): 10:36am On Oct 13, 2015
TheOnlyWiseMan:
I am not Igbo. I am proud of my Urhobo. However, as a stdent of history, I wish to show just what these great people came/come against and yet thrive.

Okay, the incessant killings in the North will be glossed over so as to make this article not overly long. The civil war will also not be discussed.

However, post civil war, as I explained in my post MINORITY REPORT: THE SYSTEM IS RIGGED AGAINST YOU, the rich in Nigeria have major roots in the Indigenization decree of 1972 and 1977. I reminded how the banks gave people of other tribes, predominantly Hausas and Yorubas loans to buy up companies owned by foreigners. Now imagine the Federal government forced Chevron to sell 51 percent of its shares and that Access Bank will give you loans to buy the shares. How rich will you be in a year? 5 Years? That is how many Yorubas and Hausas got to own UAC, all those Dunlop, Leventis, Cadbury etc.

Now while this was ongoing, Gowon told the Nigerian banks to give TOPS twenty naira to any Igbo man that had money in the bank before the war. That is, if you had 5 naira before the war, you will be given the 5 naira. But if you had a hundred naira, you get just twenty naira in full fulfilment of the banks duty to give you your money.

Ask yourselves “why would the banks give Igbos only twenty naira? Did the banks collapse? So why pay less than you were given?

So while the banks were giving loans to Hausa and Yorubas to buy Oyibo (Whites) companies they did not build, Igbos were being cheated out of their rightful moneys.

Now not also that these people lost Houses and business across the land. It is safe to say that as at 1970/71. the richest Igbo had 20 naira that may be the equivalent of maybe one million.

Let us look at how Dangote made his money. He Dangote (a great man and pride to Nigeria) has an uncle called Dantata who owned huge chunks of the groundnut pyramids of the 50’s and 60’s. He gave Dangote a loan and Dangote paid it back in record time. CLAP CLAP. Then add that Dangote has had his “brothers” in government, from IBB to Abacha and Abdulsalaam. When they now agreed to democracy, he was rich enough to have funded Obasanjo and so government policies, be it monopoly afforded him for rice, sugar flour and of course a large share of subsidy etc ensures he is the wealthiest Nigerian. (note many had same opportunity but did not use it. We kowtow to Dangote’s investment capabilities)

However, for the Igbo man, where will he see an uncle that will loan him money? The richest man in their family has how much as at then? So while Fani Kayode can inherit property of his father and grandfather and great grand father, a Chidi Cali cannot inherit anything from his grandfather who had business in Kano or even Port Harcourt. Neighbours have made his dad’s storey building theirs, and even someone as educated as Saro Wiwa lived in an Igbo war emigrant house as his. (a sore point of the Niger Delta and Igbo Unity) WAEC building was Ojukwu’s dad’s building and like that building, thousands and the land with it….lands worth billions today were taken from Igbos and each and everyIgbo had tops 20 naira, destroyed homeland, stolen and destroyed wealth away from the east. ALso his brother is never president that will give him oil block or fuel lifting. Of 33, only one Igbo man and because he was in Obasanjo’s good graces.

YET LOOK HOW PROUD THEY STAND TODAY!!! Look what they have achieved for themselves….FIRST GENERATION WEALTH…top second generation. From being unable to send their first sons to school so he could help look after the shop, to producing first class brains in all departments of modern learning.

So today, as you accuse Igbos of wanting their Biafra or of Baby Factory, or liking money and ready to do anything for money, remember that just forty years ago, while the banks were dashing your uncles loans to buy all the companies of Nigeria, it stole from the Igbos. Know that appointments have not favoured them. Note that they remain persecuted and many speak such ill and hate twoards a people forced by need to survive to be extra-aggressive towards their sustenance. Maybe if you took their history into consideration, you will not be so critical of them, but instead say “what a resilient people” and give God the glory that FOR NOW, we and such a great people are compatriots.

Igbo Kwenu.

By : Ena Ofugara

http://www.igberetvnews.com/?p=1331

Cc PunkyVeer
Re: Biafra : Urhobo Eulogizes Igbo, Says Igbo Are The Salt Of The Nation. by Nobody: 10:39am On Oct 13, 2015
Candyrain:

Cc PunkyVeer

I get it smiley
Re: Biafra : Urhobo Eulogizes Igbo, Says Igbo Are The Salt Of The Nation. by Chiaka(f): 10:42am On Oct 13, 2015
Even if 1 Naira = 1 USD as at 1971 meaning N20 at that 1971 = N4,000 Naira as at today which is a far cry from a million Naira. Thanks
Re: Biafra : Urhobo Eulogizes Igbo, Says Igbo Are The Salt Of The Nation. by Chiaka(f): 10:47am On Oct 13, 2015
Thanks!
Re: Biafra : Urhobo Eulogizes Igbo, Says Igbo Are The Salt Of The Nation. by Candyrain(m): 11:25am On Oct 13, 2015
PunkyVeer:

I get it smiley
Yea, right. wink
Re: Biafra : Urhobo Eulogizes Igbo, Says Igbo Are The Salt Of The Nation. by TheOnlyWiseMan: 1:30pm On Oct 13, 2015
Jaideyone:
diplomatic shuttle indeed cheesy Ibos like worshiping cowards. don't worry Nnamdi Kanu will lead the biafran revolution from the comfort of his bedroom in the UK cheesy after a lot of ibos are ready to die for him

Why are you crying more than the bereaved?
We didn’t stop you from following Thieffnubu sheepishly?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Nigeria Is Backward: Mark Zuckerberg Vs Nigeria's ICT Minister - Pix / Nude Photos Of Edo PDP Chairman 'dan Orbih' Leaked By Alleged Prostitute / Abuja: No Light! 30hours And Counting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.