Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,993 members, 7,938,986 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 04:00 PM

Two Brothers Building Bridges - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Two Brothers Building Bridges (695 Views)

A New Romance Series: Building Bridges / Story: The Two Brothers In The Pathway To Success And The Tragedy / Chimamanda Adichie, Her Parents And Brothers Pictured In Baltimore (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Two Brothers Building Bridges by Slytee(m): 6:51pm On Oct 11, 2015

Once there were two brothers who lived on neighboring farms that fell into conflict. It was the first serious dilemma in about 40 years of farming adjacent to each other, they are always sharing equipment, and interchange labor and goods as needed without a hindrance.

Then the long relationship fell apart. It began with a small mistake and it cultivated into a major difference, and finally it burst into an interchange of bitter words followed by weeks of silence.

Early one morning there was a knock on the elder brother’s door. He went to see who was at door he saw a man with a carpenter’s toolbox. “Good Morning Sir I’m seeking employment for a few days” he replied. Do you have any task you would like to get done?

“Possibly you would have a few minor jobs for me to do. “Maybe you can,” the elder brother answered. “I think I am able to hire you. Do you see that farm across the creek? It belongs to my neighbor, in fact, it’s my younger brother. A few days ago there was a meadow between us and he took his bulldozer to the river levee and now there is a creek between us. Perhaps, he may have done so to get revenge, but I plan to get back at him. See that stack of lumber curing by the barn? I want you to construct a fence – an 8-foot fence – so I won’t need to see his place anymore. Calm him down, anyhow.”

The carpenter answered “I think I comprehend the situation. Please give me some nails and a post-hole digger and I’ll be able to do a project that satisfies you.”

The older brother had to go to town for supplies, so he helped the carpenter get the tools organized and headed for town. The carpenter worked hard that day measuring, sawing, nailing, do his best to complete the project before the older brother arrived home. At sunset when the farmer arrived, the carpenter had just finished his job. The farmer could not believe what he was seeing; his jaw fell open. Instead of a fence there was a bridge… a bridge stretching from one end of the creek to the other end! A fine piece of work banisters and all – and the neighbor, his younger brother, were coming across the newly constructed bridge.

“You are quite a fellow to build this bridge after all I’ve said and done.” Both brothers stood at each end of the bridge, and then simultaneously they stepped at the bridge and met at the middle, taking each other’s hand. They turned to see the carpenter hoist his toolbox on his shoulder. “Please stay a few days. I have many other projects for to tackle,” responded the older brother.

“I’d love to stay on,” the carpenter said, “but, I have many more bridges to construct.”

Read More @ [url]SlyteeBlog.com[/url]

(1) (Reply)

Would This Fly For Book Lovers? / :::::: On An Assignment :::::: / "Let It Be Me" (Tribute To Col Muhammad Abu-ali And Other Fallen Gallants)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.