Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,991 members, 7,880,102 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 12:22 PM

How A Lecturer Transformed My Life With One Statement In 2013. - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How A Lecturer Transformed My Life With One Statement In 2013. (4422 Views)

PHOTO: Meet Mrs Nike Okundaye, A Lecturer At Harvard Without Formal Education / Kenneth Okwor, 24-Year-Old 1st Class Law Graduate Who Is Already A Lecturer / How A Lecturer Punished A UNILORIN Final Year Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How A Lecturer Transformed My Life With One Statement In 2013. by abumeinben(m): 11:16am On Oct 12, 2015
Teempakguy:
it was not! arrgh! you guys are missing the entire point!

you know what, forget it. go make your money. enjoy your lives, and die at an old age. not really much different from a dog death. undecided

then what's ur point?
what's the point of a re-search?
Re: How A Lecturer Transformed My Life With One Statement In 2013. by Nobody: 11:59am On Oct 12, 2015
abumeinben:

then what's ur point?
what's the point of a re-search?
you're supposed to enjoy it. undecided
what's the point of having sex with condoms or watching TV or playing ps4 games?

you guy need to start treating science as a separate entity of its own. rather than another avenue to money. science is the way we find answers to the questions life asks of us.

some people will never get this in their life. and it's frustrating that all of them are concentrated right here. in Africa.

1 Like

Re: How A Lecturer Transformed My Life With One Statement In 2013. by rattlesnake(m): 2:09pm On Oct 12, 2015
CHIAAGRO:
I HAVE A TESTIMONY I WISH TO SHARE WITH CREATIVE MINDS. THE REASON WHY WE DO NOT SEE SUCCESS IN LIFE IS BECAUSE THE SUCCESS IS IN THE BELLY OF THE THINGS WE IGNORE! I DROPED OUT OF MEDICINE AND SURGERY IN 2003 DUE TO FINANCIAL CHALLENGES AND ENROLLED FOR NCE PROGRAM AND OBTAINED NCE(MATH/PHY,2007) AND BECAME A VILLAGE PTA TEACHER. I DECIDED TO ATTEMPT ANOTHER DEGREE PROGRAM IN 2010,THIS TIME ELECT/ELECT! FINANCIAL CHALLENGES WERE AT THEIR PEAK BECAUSE I ALREADY HAD A WIFE AND TWO KIDS! ENT312 WAS A GENERAL COURSE WHICH WAS BORING TO MOST OF US THAT PREFERED CALCULATIONS.THE COURSE WAS ABOUT ENTERPRENEURSHIP.I PICKED INTEREST IN VOCALITY OF THIS VISITING LECTURER FROM A POLYTECNIC. HE SAID: "unless an idea that can be taken to the market,it is a waste of brain space,that is the difference between DANGOTE,BILL and you" HE ADDED, "you are POOR because the word POOR means PASSING OVER OPPORTUNITIES REPEATEDLY" HE ADDED "you must not limit yourself to dy/dx or engineering".....TO BE CONTINUED....
Stop typing in caps lock
Re: How A Lecturer Transformed My Life With One Statement In 2013. by Nichobabe(m): 4:05pm On Oct 12, 2015
Teempakguy:
what's the point of having sex with condoms or watching TV or playing ps4 games?

you guy need to start treating science as a separate entity of its own. rather than another avenue to money. science is the way we find answers to the questions life asks of us.

some people will never get this in their life. and it's frustrating that all of them are concentrated right here. in Africa.

Teem, I understand what you are saying, many great inventors of our time were rejected and persecuted because of their believes (Ideas taken to the market, not accepted) but it was not a waste of brain space as we later got to know of their importance to human race.

Many Scientists till today are being rejected and never survived. I heard of a Nigerian that claimed to have cure for HIV/AIDS etc

However, in Business, your ideas must be such that you can take it to the market and someone should be able to invest in it or you will face rejection and may not survive it.

That's just what all these are about. Not necessary because of money.

1 Like

Re: How A Lecturer Transformed My Life With One Statement In 2013. by Nobody: 4:13pm On Oct 12, 2015
Teempakguy:
it was not a story, dude. it was widely accepted and widely acclaimed long before nuclear energy even took hold. besides, we are talking about two different things. einstein had very little to do with nuclear power. in fact, in his lifetime, he never believed it would work.
newton's laws of gravity, Nicolas Copernicus proving the earth was round, the elements, by Euclid, calculus, quadratic and simultaneous equations, the theory of evolution, the measurement of the earth's circumference by Eratosthenes.
all of these were developed without a market in mind. and yet, they were the ones that impacted the world the most, reshaped our thinking and took humanity to the next level.

dude, there is a reason you have a big brain, you should try using it instead of just acting like lesser primates.

ah, why do i even bother.
people like u who talk like a senseless primary 2 kid are not hard to spot. Imagine, no wonder nigeria is in a bad shape. Do u help other before helping yourself or u help yourself before helping others?i believe by now, the op would have helped others too by creating jobs and even the illiterates can buy and resell to people in traffic and offices, so who is the fool here now? It pains me to see our youth just passing through school and school not passing through them.. if u are a graduate, then I cover my eyes in shame for u, pls quote me and let amadioha strike u personally . op, I hail and salute u, God wanted u to pass through this phase in life that's why u quit med school for nce and see where it brought u today. Hustling pays
Re: How A Lecturer Transformed My Life With One Statement In 2013. by jaxxy(m): 8:07pm On Oct 12, 2015
Teempakguy:
this is bullshyte.

einstein's ideas weren't taken to any market. look at what they have become.

not everything is money, guys. some people are actually out there, trying to solve the world's problems and the lot of you are here, discussing on how to enrich your own pockets. undecided

i can't believe an engineering lecturer said that shiit. it's even more embarrassing if he was a professor.

I understand ur point clearly and d quest for knowledge shud be endless and more advanced as years go buy BUT also remember money funds science. If the science doesn't add any value beyond a book how does it give back?

I'm a strong believer in enterprenurship and dat also cud in scientific like d billgates, Nasa, google or what hv u all came via that so it doesn't all imply farming or wat have u bt dats also part of it. Enterprenurship is very broad bt wot I don't like is mediocre.
Re: How A Lecturer Transformed My Life With One Statement In 2013. by abumeinben(m): 10:26pm On Oct 12, 2015
Teempakguy:

So Sony designed ps4 and delivered it to you free of charge right?

Well...what you said was the mistake Nikola Tesla made during his time. J.P Morgan was his sponsor...but Tesla was doing something else...something that would eradicate dependence on petroleum. But he did not fund his research by himself...someone else did.

Or this way....
If I don't attach market value to my brain child, how do I feed?
Re: How A Lecturer Transformed My Life With One Statement In 2013. by nd07(m): 1:53am On Oct 13, 2015
CHIAAGRO:
"there are opportunities right in your villages that could have changed your life but are overlooked". MY VILLAGE IS KNOWN FOR HONEY AND PALM OIL PRODUCTION. I QUICKLY GOT THE BUSINESS IDEA OF HONEY AND PALM OIL BUSINESS.BUT I DECIDED TO DO IT IN A MODERN WAY,I JOINED A WEEKEND PROGRAM IN FORESTRY DEPARTMENT THAT LASTED FOR THREE MONTHS ON BEE KEEPING AND HONEY PRODUCTION.I QUICKLY WENT BACK TO THE VILLAGE AND ESTABLISHED A BEE FARM! STARTED MARKETING HONEY FOR HUNTERS AND IN 2014,MY FARM WAS READY! THAT WAS THE CHANGE OF MY STORY! I REGISTERED A COMPANY(CHIA AGRO PRODUCTS LTD) AND MY WELL PACKAGED/LABELLEDHONEY HAS TAKEN ME UNBELIEVABLE HEIGHTS! I AM IN 500LEVEL(UNI AGRIC MAKURDI) WITH JUST A SEMESTER TO GO! THE UNIVERSITY'S CENTER FOR ENTERPRENEURSHIP TOOK IT PERSONAL AND PROMOTED MY COMPANY UNTILL LAST WEEK BENUE STATE MINISTRY OF AGRICULTURE CAME LOOKING FOR ME! my CGP droped to 3.87 because of what i call business sacrifice but that worthy of praise! PLEASE EMBRACE ENTERPRENEURSHIP!

pls can I hv ur number 08036376979
Re: How A Lecturer Transformed My Life With One Statement In 2013. by CHIAAGRO: 3:14pm On Oct 22, 2015
nd07:

pls can I hv ur number 08036376979
OK. 08073317521 AND MY SIGNATURE FOR OTHER MORE CONTACT DETAILS.THANKS

(1) (2) (Reply)

Meet The Girl Representing All Of Africa In This Year's Spelling Bee / Mighty Gully Site At The Back Of University Of Benin (Edo) / Unilorin Admission 2013/2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.