Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,899 members, 7,980,159 topics. Date: Sunday, 20 October 2024 at 07:25 AM

Politics And Social Networks - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Politics And Social Networks (707 Views)

Politics And Religion-my Experience At Eid Praying Ground Ilorin With Photos / ICPC Now After Bloggers And Social Media Activists / How Technology And Social Media Helped Buhari To Win (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Politics And Social Networks by peroxide(m): 7:51pm On Apr 25, 2009
I think Social Networks can contribute so much to politics in africa as it has done in america with the obama elections. Take an example of http://www.fabay.com, an african social network with one of the good features which can be used including groups, blogs, and video chatrooms. Politicians would for example use ethe video chatrooms like once a week to apear to the members and give feed back to their supporters. moreover in this chatroom you can create rooms for your supporters and campaign. The good thing is that it is free to join. I suppose if politicians take this in their stride, they can actually reach more people and supporters.
Re: Politics And Social Networks by Kobojunkie: 8:21pm On Apr 25, 2009
I agree that social networks can help change the face of politics in Africa and I do believe it is up to the site owners to push for their sites to be used to accomplish such.
Re: Politics And Social Networks by peroxide(m): 6:08pm On May 09, 2009
But since both of them gain from this venture then i suppose politicians should take the initiative. Obama was helped a lot by the social networks and it is he who took the initiative.

(1) (Reply)

Violence, Arrests, Mar Ekiti Rerun Election / Fire On The Mountain. People Running From The Lagos Pipeline Explosion / Dasylva Bags Distinguished Research Excellence Award

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.