Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,101 members, 7,890,630 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 05:16 PM

Nothing Is Wrong With The Age Bracket Of Ministerial Nominees – Presidency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nothing Is Wrong With The Age Bracket Of Ministerial Nominees – Presidency (636 Views)

Buhari Sends Second Batch Of Ministerial List To The Senate (PIX / Age And Place Of Birth Of Ministerial Nominees / Photos Of Saraki’s Unveiling Of Ministerial Nominees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nothing Is Wrong With The Age Bracket Of Ministerial Nominees – Presidency by SmithEnemona(m): 10:43am On Oct 12, 2015
The Presidency yesterday reacted to the intense criticisms generated by the age grade of the prospective ministers, urging Nigerians to evaluate the nominees on the basis of their mental alertness, not on age defined by number. It insisted that there is nothing wrong with the average age of the 21 nominees being 53.

The oldest of the pack is Audu Ogbe who is 68 years of age. Six others are in their sixties, eleven are in their fifties while two others are said to be 48 years old.

But speaking in a Channels Television programme monitored by DAILY POST in Abuja, Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Mr. Femi Adesina, argued: “These people who have been nominated are qualified and are Nigerians. Talking of age, there is a saying that “age does not matter. It does not mind, if you don’t mind it.” I don’t think that age is an issue. And talking of age, you should rather talk about mental and chronological age. If you have a chronological age of 30, which makes you a youth, and mental age is not at par, what do we gain? Nothing.

“And you may have a chronological age of 68, which is the age of the oldest of the nominees, if that nominee now has a mental age of 15 or 20, what do we gain? We must rather talk of the mental age rather than the chronological age. It is not the chronological age that matters as long as that person has what he is bringing to the table,” he stated.

http://dailypost.ng/2015/10/12/nothing-is-wrong-with-the-age-bracket-of-ministerial-nominees-presidency/

Re: Nothing Is Wrong With The Age Bracket Of Ministerial Nominees – Presidency by DONSMITH123(m): 10:43am On Oct 12, 2015
grin[b]The oldest of the pack is Audu Ogbe who is 68 years of age[/b]. Six others are in their sixties, eleven are in their fifties while two others are said to be 48 years old.

Mr Femi Adesina, may i also ask that "is there anything wrong giving young ones chance to develop their political career and to serve their father land?

Our youths can do better than the old men. They shouldn't be used only when politicians need their votes.

1 Like

Re: Nothing Is Wrong With The Age Bracket Of Ministerial Nominees – Presidency by OnankpaBa(m): 10:49am On Oct 12, 2015
This Femi dey vex me
Re: Nothing Is Wrong With The Age Bracket Of Ministerial Nominees – Presidency by SmithEnemona(m): 10:51am On Oct 12, 2015
grin grin grin grin

DONSMITH123:
grin[b]The oldest of the pack is Audu Ogbe who is 68 years of age[/b]. Six others are in their sixties, eleven are in their fifties while two others are said to be 48 years old.

Mr Femi Adesina, may i also ask that "is there anything wrong giving young ones chance to develop their political career and to serve their father land?

Our youths can do better than the old men. They shouldn't be used only when politicians need their votes.
Re: Nothing Is Wrong With The Age Bracket Of Ministerial Nominees – Presidency by oluwaSmith1(f): 10:52am On Oct 12, 2015
grin
Re: Nothing Is Wrong With The Age Bracket Of Ministerial Nominees – Presidency by freez2ryme(m): 10:59am On Oct 12, 2015
Then y is dre retirement bracket in civil service?

1 Like

Re: Nothing Is Wrong With The Age Bracket Of Ministerial Nominees – Presidency by DONSMITH123(m): 11:03am On Oct 12, 2015
freez2ryme:

help me ask o

1 Like

Re: Nothing Is Wrong With The Age Bracket Of Ministerial Nominees – Presidency by macpetrus(m): 11:04am On Oct 12, 2015
Femi Adesina needs a proper Public Relations professional to coach him. I could help but my service is very expensive!....

And we thought GEJ's men were clueless, well welcome to the era of GMB's harlequin men. And Femi Adesina is Presidential oh' SMH!!!

1 Like

Re: Nothing Is Wrong With The Age Bracket Of Ministerial Nominees – Presidency by bugzbunny: 11:06am On Oct 12, 2015
More youths
More women....
Re: Nothing Is Wrong With The Age Bracket Of Ministerial Nominees – Presidency by Nobody: 11:10am On Oct 12, 2015
freez2ryme:

The way this APC people think we are fools. Mehn. angry

But some mumu zombies will still believe oooo. Watch them as they defend him. It's them I pity for

1 Like

Re: Nothing Is Wrong With The Age Bracket Of Ministerial Nominees – Presidency by IDonShowNow: 11:10am On Oct 12, 2015
hmm
Re: Nothing Is Wrong With The Age Bracket Of Ministerial Nominees – Presidency by SouthernBreeze(m): 11:13am On Oct 12, 2015
Why will anything be wrong when you operate Gerentocracy (Government of the aged). I hope the youths who voted for change are enjoying the fruit of their labour
Re: Nothing Is Wrong With The Age Bracket Of Ministerial Nominees – Presidency by princemillla(m): 11:15am On Oct 12, 2015
We need more youth sir.

There are lots of vibrant and ready to deliver youth out there.

Many people actually mean well for this nation but they don't av chances of getting close.

(1) (Reply)

Who Dey Provoke U Pass For Nigeria? / Ipob: Jokes Apart Are You Ready / “the Social Media Nuisance In This Country (nigeria) Is Outrageous” – Na’allah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.