Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,350 members, 7,971,229 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 06:08 AM

Soludo Gets A Second Nod - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soludo Gets A Second Nod (4585 Views)

Amnesty Office Seeks Presidential Nod To Disarm Arepo Pipeline Vandals, Others / Olisa Metuh Gets A Hug From His Wife (photo) / Gumsu Sani-Abacha Visits Aisha Buhari In Aso Rock, Gets A Peck From Zahra (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soludo Gets A Second Nod by Nobody: 5:25pm On Apr 29, 2009
and what is the purpose of coming to newspapers to allege all sorts of crime but refuse to take the person to court as responsible citizens do.

My guess is that just want to convict him in the court of public opinion without having to prove their case which they know is false.

It is mischievious and wicked and that is why we the Nigerian people ignore it.

If anybody has any evidence against Soludo, they should kindly take him to court and prove their case so that he gets jailed.
Re: Soludo Gets A Second Nod by izicode: 5:51pm On Apr 29, 2009
Hello,

As far as i am concern Soludo is one of the indispensable Nigerian you can talk of.

It is obvious that every one has his or her short comings.

He has done extremely well.

The fact is that no banker will appreciate him. Reason best known for the bankers
Re: Soludo Gets A Second Nod by Nobody: 6:06pm On Apr 29, 2009
Nobody is indispensable

The man has done a good job. . . . . however the President has a right to extend his tenure or let him go.

There is no need to demonise him . . . . . if they extend his tenure good, if they dont good luck to whoever replaces him.

What I find annoying is when Tanimu Kurfi and his boys think they need to destroy anybody on there way up

If the President was a serious leader there wont be all this speculation because by now they would have either announced his replacement or confirmed his extension
Re: Soludo Gets A Second Nod by agabaI23(m): 6:08pm On Apr 29, 2009
Tell me who is tanimu kurfi?
Re: Soludo Gets A Second Nod by safariman(m): 10:06pm On Apr 29, 2009
The man has done a good job especially in making sure that our banks are well capitalized and if he has done anything wrong or inappropriate, let the appropriate authority investigate and, if found wanting, face the consequences.
Manipulation of the free market is a serious offence
Re: Soludo Gets A Second Nod by bsanya(f): 10:55am On Apr 30, 2009
Really!
Re: Soludo Gets A Second Nod by meexteriox(m): 11:01am On Apr 30, 2009
Personally, i feel Soludo has done enough to warrant a second term. If there are any allegations against him though, why don't the authorities
investigate him, instead of ''round-tripping'' the whole issues.
Re: Soludo Gets A Second Nod by meexteriox(m): 11:10am On Apr 30, 2009
Personally, i feel Soludo has done enough to warrant a second term. If there are any allegations against him though, why don't the authorities
investigate him, instead of ''round-tripping'' the whole issues.
Re: Soludo Gets A Second Nod by sammypai: 2:58pm On Apr 30, 2009
No matter hw much a man does, there will still be critics, Remember, if there are no holes and cracks on the wall a lizard will find no shelter. cheesy
Re: Soludo Gets A Second Nod by sammypai: 3:02pm On Apr 30, 2009
No matter hw much a man does, there will still be critics, Remember, if there are no holes and cracks on the wall a lizard will find no shelter. cheesy
Re: Soludo Gets A Second Nod by Affalatus: 10:05pm On May 02, 2009
Soludo!!??!! This man deserves a thorough investigation and if i am called into the team that must investigate him then he is ruined because i will start by asking him the following questions before i begin to throw facts at him.

1. Who killed Nike Ayilara a CBN staff in 2006 and why?

2. Where and when were the Banking reforms and some particular financial sector reforms in the NEEDs program written and by whom?

3. What informed the CBN capital base requirement of 25 Billion Naira?

4. What informed the creation of the 2 naira coin?

5. How and why would redenomination of the Naira have in any way have helped the Nigerian State?

6. How was over 6 billion Dollars mopped from the FOREX market from October 2008 to December 2008 and by whom in preparation of what?

7. In the face of a devalued naira and increased inflation vis a vis inflation rate you brought interest rates down? What manner of Economics informs this?

The answer to these questions rests my case.
Re: Soludo Gets A Second Nod by Affalatus: 10:07pm On May 02, 2009
Soludo!!??!! This man deserves a thorough investigation and if i am called into the team that must investigate him then he is ruined because i will start by asking him the following questions before i begin to throw facts at him.

1. Who killed Nike Ayilara a CBN staff in 2006 and why?

2. Where and when were the Banking reforms and some particular financial sector reforms in the NEEDs program written and by whom?

3. What informed the CBN capital base requirement of 25 Billion Naira?

4. What informed the creation of the 2 naira coin?

5. How and why would redenomination of the Naira have in any way have helped the Nigerian State?

6. How was over 6 billion Dollars mopped from the FOREX market from October 2008 to December 2008 and by whom in preparation of what?

7. In the face of a devalued naira and increased inflation vis a vis inflation rate you brought interest rates down? What manner of Economics informs this?

The answer to these questions rests my case.
Re: Soludo Gets A Second Nod by agabaI23(m): 10:35pm On May 02, 2009
Affalatus you have been having excessive flatus and obnoxious one at that matter over Soludo. Did he rape your wife?

You are a free Nigerian, why not submit your accusations to EFCC? What is this internet rant all about? If you are sure you have him on the balls, pull it otherwise short the Bleep up. Do not tell me you are a coward!
Re: Soludo Gets A Second Nod by Affalatus: 10:56pm On May 02, 2009
I helped make Soludo into an acceptable commodity in the minds and hearts of the Nigerian people. I had dreams of using a man good on paper but weak in reality and developing an acceptable image that would drive economic development i ended up creating a monster.

This is my redemption. Did you say EFCC? How many billionaires have they prosecuted. Soludo can spare 10 billion Naira to save himself. Apart from this, I do not want to cut down the tree i planted i am hoping someone else will do it for me especially as snakes have started to invade my house from it.
Re: Soludo Gets A Second Nod by Octupus(f): 11:29pm On May 02, 2009
I agree with the poster who said "Suggest sombody better if you think Soludo has not performed".Let his critics suggest somebeody better,and then let's compare his pedigree and qualifications for this job,with Soludo's.

Quite frankly,Soludo is the only CBN governor,whose impact I have felt since I began to hear about CBN governors.(I am close to 50 years of age).Others,I only see their signatures on Naira notes.I never as much as see how they looked,talk less of what poilicies they had right or wrong.

It's unfair to jettison Soludo's laudable achievements in the past 5years because of one or two moves he's made which some consider unwise.No body is perfect,including Soludo.Before writing him off,I suggest his critics should do a critical appraisal ofhis performance in the past 5yrs in all sectors under his juridisction.

If you ask me,here's a brilliant young man who has really given his best for Nigeria.And we need to appreciate him.He was one selection OBJ had right and I wont be surprised if our current President re-appoints him.
Re: Soludo Gets A Second Nod by Nobody: 11:34pm On May 02, 2009
Affalatus:

I helped make Soludo into an acceptable commodity in the minds and hearts of the Nigerian people. I had dreams of using a man good on paper but weak in reality and developing an acceptable image that would drive economic development i ended up creating a monster.

This is my redemption. Did you say EFCC? How many billionaires have they prosecuted. Soludo can spare 10 billion Naira to save himself. Apart from this, I do not want to cut down the tree i planted i am hoping someone else will do it for me especially as snakes have started to invade my house from it.

Take him to court or shut up!!!
Re: Soludo Gets A Second Nod by Octupus(f): 11:41pm On May 02, 2009
I agree with the poster who said "Suggest sombody better if you think Soludo has not performed".Let his critics suggest somebeody better,and then let's compare his pedigree and qualifications for this job,with Soludo's.

Quite frankly,Soludo is the only CBN governor,whose impact I have felt since I began to hear about CBN governors.(I am close to 50 years of age).Others,I only see their signatures on Naira notes.I never as much as see how they looked,talk less of what poilicies they had right or wrong.

It's unfair to jettison Soludo's laudable achievements in the past 5years because of one or two moves he's made which some consider unwise.No body is perfect,including Soludo.Before writing him off,I suggest his critics should do a critical appraisal ofhis performance in the past 5yrs in all sectors under his juridisction.

If you ask me,here's a brilliant young man who has really given his best for Nigeria.And we need to appreciate him.He was one selection OBJ had right and I wont be surprised if our current President re-appoints him.
Re: Soludo Gets A Second Nod by Affalatus: 1:22am On May 03, 2009
I suggest Martin Oluba as replacement for Soludo.
Re: Soludo Gets A Second Nod by agabaI23(m): 2:04am On May 03, 2009
Affalatus:

You had a dream of using a man strong in paper but week in reality. You nominated him for all the international jobs he was doing before he was appointed the CBN gov?
You were there telling him how to do it?
Why is that I think he has blocked a loophole from where you stole from Nigerians. you do not sound patriotic at all. If you are patriotic you would stop at nothing to make him pay for his evils. You are nominating Martin Oluba in the Internet? What will that achieve for you?

I take it that you are at least 40 years of age. You should know better than most people here and use the right channel. If EFCC cannot do it, take him to court. Lay your case on the table and argue it. With facts he will be done for.
Re: Soludo Gets A Second Nod by biina: 2:55am On May 03, 2009
To all the Soludo supporters, which problem did capitalization of the banks solve or better still, itemize the problems soludo solved during his tenure?
Re: Soludo Gets A Second Nod by Nobody: 3:11am On May 03, 2009
biina:

To all the Soludo supporters, which problem did capitalization of the banks solve or better still, itemize the problems soludo solved during his tenure?

How about you naming one previous CBN Governor who did better and tell us why.

Anytime people wake up from slumber they come here demanding others to remind them what Soludo achieved . . . . . people have answered these questions on countless of threads . . . . . if u dont know about Soludo's achievement or have not read about them somewhere else you probably dont wanna know.
Re: Soludo Gets A Second Nod by biina: 3:17am On May 03, 2009
mikeansy:

How about you naming one previous CBN Governor who did better and tell us why.

Anytime people wake up from slumber they come here demanding others to remind them what Soludo achieved . . . . . people have answered these questions on countless of threads . . . . . if u dont know about Soludo's achievement or have not read about them somewhere else you probably dont wanna know.
None of the past CBN governors were painted by some as the messiah of the financial sector that they were not.
I have never heard anyone mention a problem that Soludo solved. All people point to is the capitalization of banks, which was essentially an unwarranted workout on a banking treadmill,
Soludo has done nothing to warrant him a second term in office.
Re: Soludo Gets A Second Nod by Nobody: 3:21am On May 03, 2009
nobody is painting anyone as messiah

as a matter of fact there is no messiah in Nigeria as the country is still begging for redemption.

Thank you for talking about recapitalization . . . . .I urge u to research its benefits.

but please mention what you could associate the past CBN Governors with?
Re: Soludo Gets A Second Nod by biina: 4:06am On May 03, 2009
mikeansy:

nobody is painting anyone as messiah

as a matter of fact there is no messiah in Nigeria as the country is still begging for redemption.

Thank you for talking about recapitalization . . . . .I urge u to research its benefits.

but please mention what you could associate the past CBN Governors with?
People often talk a lot about things they know little of.

I am well aware of the 'benefits' of increased capitalization, which essentially is that it makes more capital available to the bank for business. It does NOT make a bank any more (un)profitable than it is (except in case where it opens up new markets for the bank).

For your information, Soludo is not the first CBN governor to increase the minimum capitalization requirements. It is an ever recurring process: N50 million in 1992, N500 million in 1997, N1 billion in 2000, N2 billion in Dec. 2004) . So I can associate most past CBN governors with capitalization of the banking sector.

Soludo made it N25 billion in Dec 2005. The uproar from bank executives was because he made an autocratic move in July 2004, requiring a huge increase (from N2B to N25B) within 18 months with total disregard fro the existing time line set by the previous CBN governor. For more details, I would suggest you read the address delivered by Soludo at the July 2004 meeting. The move, and his attempt to withdraw public funds from the capital market, almost collapsed the sector.

All that aside, the question I would pose on capitalization is simple: Does a big bank make a big economy, or a big economy makes a big bank? I would say the latter, but if you feel it is the former, please expatiate.

There are more serious problems of poor corporate governance, parallel currency markets, and round tripping, that soludo, like his predecessors, has failed to address, and thus he should move over and let someone else give a try.
Re: Soludo Gets A Second Nod by Affalatus: 5:28am On May 04, 2009
Soludo ended Nike's existence on earth just because she greeted him telling him that the writer of the NEEDS program asked her to greet him. The writer of the NEEDS program used to be a friend and an ally to Soludo when ideas and development were the issue but when praise and commendations came Soludo saw him as enemy number one but he did not have the heart to kill him at least not as of this morning.

Just because of a greeting SOLUDO just a simple greeting. What were you afraid of? That she would tell the world what. What could she have proved? You panic way too easily that is why you fail too often, SOLUDO.
Re: Soludo Gets A Second Nod by FrankC3: 9:21pm On May 04, 2009
@Affalatus

Nike came to work in the morning, greeted Soludo by telling him that the author of NEEDS document asked her to extend her greetings and went home. Then the next day, Nike died and told came back as a ghost to tell you that she suspect Soludo of murder because she greeted him the previous day. I guess this is your story?

Well, we all know that Soludo coordinated the synthesis of the NEEDS document, not solely draft it. Simple corporate policy will tell you that credit goes most times to Team Lead, not for doing the job themselves but for providing leadership. OBJ's reform is rooted in NEEDS document and that is why OBJ also takes credit for sound economic policy formulation(not implementation). If Yar'dua succeeds in electoral reform, i tell you that credit will not go to just the INEC chairman or staff or policce bu the man that provided the leadership and environment. If you know anything about team leadership, you'll know that commend and cajole your team to deliver and and insecure leader cannot do these. Tell me that Soludo is insecure that lets see how people will react to it. His conduct since this tenure extension issue will tell you how 'desperately insecure' the guy is!
Re: Soludo Gets A Second Nod by FrankC3: 9:27pm On May 04, 2009
@Affalatus

Nike came to work in the morning, greeted Soludo by telling him that the author of NEEDS document asked her to extend her greetings and went home. Then the next day, Nike died and told came back as a ghost to tell you that she suspect Soludo of murder because she greeted him the previous day. I guess this is your story?

Well, we all know that Soludo coordinated the synthesis of the NEEDS document, not solely draft it. Simple corporate policy will tell you that credit goes most times to Team Lead, not for doing the job themselves but for providing leadership. OBJ's reform is rooted in NEEDS document and that is why OBJ also takes credit for sound economic policy formulation(not implementation). If Yar'dua succeeds in electoral reform, i tell you that credit will not go to just the INEC chairman or staff or policce bu the man that provided the leadership and environment. If you know anything about team leadership, you'll know that commend and cajole your team to deliver and and insecure leader cannot do these. Tell me that Soludo is insecure that lets see how people will react to it. His conduct since this tenure extension issue will tell you how 'desperately insecure' the guy is!
Re: Soludo Gets A Second Nod by meexteriox(m): 10:56am On May 05, 2009
All this hullaballo about Soludo tenure elongation is uncalled for.
If you have personal grudge against this guy, then its a different thing altogether.
Soludo has written his name in the annals of Nigerian Financial history whether we accept it or not.
His record are unparalled, period.
Re: Soludo Gets A Second Nod by biina: 12:55pm On May 05, 2009
meexteriox:

All this hullaballo about Soludo tenure elongation is uncalled for.
If you have personal grudge against this guy, then its a different thing altogether.
Soludo has written his name in the annals of Nigerian Financial historywhether we accept it or not.
His record are unparalled, period.

Elements of  sycophancy
Soludo has done no better than his predecessors and thus does not deserve a second term.
If you think otherwise, then please state what he has done to deserve another term, else hold your peace.
Re: Soludo Gets A Second Nod by agabaI23(m): 2:10pm On May 05, 2009
biina:

Elements of sycophancy
Soludo has done no better than his predecessors and thus does not deserve a second term.
If you think otherwise, then please state what he has done to deserve another term, else hold your peace.
May be Audu Ogbe is also a praise singer for Soludo.
Former Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, Chief Audu Ogbeh, said weekend that the issuance of licenses for the establishment of microfinance banks was the best legacy of Professor Chukwuma Soludo as Governor of Central Bank of Nigeria.
He said the initiative had already impacted positively on the well being of peasants across the country.
Chief Ogbeh made this known at the commissioning of one of the microfinance banks, . . .
read more
Re: Soludo Gets A Second Nod by Nobody: 3:29pm On May 05, 2009
Bina

How about you state who did better than Soludo and what they did?
Re: Soludo Gets A Second Nod by biina: 7:43pm On May 05, 2009
agabaI23:

May be Audu Ogbe is also a praise singer for Soludo.read more
Former Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, Chief Audu Ogbeh,   said  weekend  that  the issuance of licenses for the  establishment of microfinance banks was the best legacy of  Professor Chukwuma Soludo as Governor of Central Bank of Nigeria.
He said the initiative  had already impacted positively on the well being of  peasants across the country.
Chief Ogbeh made this known at the commissioning of one of the  microfinance  banks, . . .
Not a surprising statement given that he is the chairman of one of the license recipients (Mega Microfinance Bank) talking at the opening ceremony of said bank.  undecided

mikeansy:

Bina

How about you state who did better than Soludo and what they did?
You seem to have gotten the logic reversed. Its not about who did better than Soludo, but rather what has Soludo done to deserve a second term? He has done no better than Islong or Sanusi.

IIRC no CBN governor has served for 10yrs, and to reappoint Soludo will set a dangerous precedence, given the African nature of people holding on to an office as if it was their birth right.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jonathan's Single-tenure Proposal Fraudulent, Self-serving . ACN. / A city in Nigeria where There Is 24/7 Elelctricity Supply! / Victor Attah And Don Etiebet Defects To APC With 50,000 Supporters!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.