Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,785 members, 7,875,949 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 04:27 AM

How Falae Was Kidnapped – Abductors - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Falae Was Kidnapped – Abductors (1099 Views)

Suspected Killers Of Olumide Odimayo Who Was Kidnapped In Ondo, Paraded. Photos / Evidence That The First Rescue Chibok Girl Was Kidnapped By BH / Photos Of Olu Falae's Pickup Van After He Was Kidnapped On Monday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Falae Was Kidnapped – Abductors by honeywealth75(m): 9:12pm On Oct 12, 2015
Abdullahi Usman (AKA Kadiri)on Mondaygave a racy narration of how he helped to pinpoint “a big man who goes to his farm in Toyota Hilux van” who could be kidnapped to provide Sallah and wedding funds to some of his friends.
Narrating the genesis and finale of how Chief Olu Falae was abducted in his farm last month while he and another suspect Babawuro Kato by operatives of the Department of State Security (DSS) at their headquarters in Abuja, Usman said he was approached by some of his friends in Kwara State shortly before the last Eid El-Kabir during a wedding ceremony.
Olu Falae Kidnapers: Department of State Services yesterday paraded kidnapers of Chief Olu Falae in Abuja , from left, Abdullahi Usman (aka Kadiri) and Babawuro Kato. They confessed to kidnaped of Chief Olu Falae and collected N5million for his released. Photo by Gbemiga Olamikan
Usman continued that one Datijo approached him complaining that he was so broke that he might not be able to satisfactorily celebrate the coming festival unless he (Usman) was able to give information on any big man that could be abducted for money.
“I then told him that I know one man who used to bring a Hilux vehicle to his farm and I used to see him as I move my cows about”, he told reporters.
That was how the gang members arranged to kidnap Chief Falae on his farm on Monday, September 21, 2015.
Usman said they then took Falae to Owo where he was kept at a place called ‘Pipeline’ around Benin junction where the man was kept.
Eventually, the ransom of N5 million was paid to Datijo who according to Usman made away with the money.
In their narrative, it was the second suspect Kato who ferried Datijo and Falae on his commercial motorcycle from the hideout to where he was eventually picked up by the Police.
Kato however, insisted that he was not part of the gang as he was only contracted to transport the two on that night.
According to Mr. Abdullahi Garba who addressed the press on behalf of the DSS, the suspects were picked up in Lokoja.
He stated that the abductors were mere criminals and that their action was not motivated by any political or ethnic sentiment save for criminality.
“The service wishes to state that the abductors were mere criminals. Investigations have further revealed that their action was not targeted at Falae as a statesman and prominent Yoruba leader”.
He enjoined Nigerians to continue to live peacefully with one another and shun attempts by mischief makers to give the unfortunate incident an ethnic coloration and use same to cause disaffection among the populace.
“To this effect, the Service wishes to appeal to all Nigerians to be law abiding and responsible in their commentary on sensitive issues affecting national security.
“The Service will not hesitate to deal decisively with anybody, no matter how highly placed, in accordance with the las as long as such a person (s) failed to be a respecter of law or peacefully coexist among the good citizens of this great country.”
He concluded that efforts were being made to arrest other members of the gang with a view to bringing them to justice.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/10/how-falae-was-kidnapped-abductors/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
Re: How Falae Was Kidnapped – Abductors by temitemi1(m): 9:16pm On Oct 12, 2015
Say NO to fulani in S/W!!

2 Likes

Re: How Falae Was Kidnapped – Abductors by wytecat: 9:25pm On Oct 12, 2015
That's it

Well, I have a planet for sale!

To all Yoruba farmers, listen and listen good!

Please DON'T allow to be used as political PING PONGS, arm yourselves and light any intruder on your farms. It's about you and your family's survival here, wise up!

4 Likes

Re: How Falae Was Kidnapped – Abductors by Ezenwammadu(m): 9:26pm On Oct 12, 2015
Confessions of an Igbo herdsman angry

1 Like

Re: How Falae Was Kidnapped – Abductors by dunkem21(m): 9:27pm On Oct 12, 2015
The person above me is hilariously crazy grin

2 Likes

Re: How Falae Was Kidnapped – Abductors by TheFreeOne: 9:32pm On Oct 12, 2015
“I then told him that I know one man who used to bring a Hilux vehicle to his farm and I used to see him as I move my cows about” , he told reporters.

1 Like

Re: How Falae Was Kidnapped – Abductors by sinkhole: 9:43pm On Oct 12, 2015
Has Baba Falae himself confirmed the identity of those arrested?

2 Likes

Re: How Falae Was Kidnapped – Abductors by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:53pm On Oct 12, 2015
Where are those people that we®e swearing that a fulani herdsman will never abandon hid herds for kidnap?

1 Like

Re: How Falae Was Kidnapped – Abductors by StepTwo: 10:09pm On Oct 12, 2015
wonderful
Re: How Falae Was Kidnapped – Abductors by DaBullIT(m): 11:12pm On Oct 12, 2015
In other news from some stewpyd blog they said kidnappers weren't Hausa/Fulani
Re: How Falae Was Kidnapped – Abductors by hassman: 11:20pm On Oct 12, 2015
A crime is a crime whether committed by black or white, so why should it be give ethnic connotation in Nigeria? Only tribal bin-bags will do so!

1 Like

Re: How Falae Was Kidnapped – Abductors by oloyedayo(m): 11:36pm On Oct 12, 2015
every Fulani herdsmen are potential criminal, hardly will you see any that will not try to maim you if you challenge them of grazing your farm.

2 Likes

Re: How Falae Was Kidnapped – Abductors by OfoIgbo: 11:47pm On Oct 12, 2015
Falae has to be given the opportunity to identify his kidnappers

Moreover, did I detect a threat from the idiotic DSS, meant to intimidate the Yoruba elders that took a decision to protect the interest of their people?

1 Like

Re: How Falae Was Kidnapped – Abductors by Bekwarra(m): 11:50pm On Oct 12, 2015
APC supporters, they can call their father a baztard if he dares criticise Buhari. Thought they said Mimiko planned it.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Native Language As Lingua Franca In State Houses Of Assembly / Rotimi Amaechi After Confirmation As A Minister (caption Photo) / Are IPOB Youths Predominantly Broke And Jobless?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.