Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,003 members, 7,970,050 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 07:37 PM

Wishful Thinking? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Wishful Thinking? (741 Views)

I Am Now Thinking Like An ATHEIST. Help!! / Always Thinking Of Sex, Sport Bet Among Others, How Do I Stay Focused In Church / Free Thinking! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wishful Thinking? by mazaje(m): 9:04pm On Apr 26, 2009
James 5:14-18 Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord: And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him. Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much. Elias was a man subject to like passions as we are, and he prayed earnestly that it might not rain: and it rained not on the earth by the space of three years and six months. And he prayed again, and the heaven gave rain, and the earth brought forth her fruit. (KJV)

i know quite a number of christains that have done this but it did not work 2 of them ended up dead and the other 2 abandoned what the bible said and ended up receiving treatment in the hospital back in nigeria. . ,  Why do christians still go to hospital and take man made drugs when the bible clearly says that all they need to do is to call unto the church elders and let the church elders pray from them and anoint them with oil? why is it that so many christians have tried this and they ended up dead? christains on nairaland when you fall sick do you do what the word of your god says you should do(go to the church elders to pray for you and anoint you with oil) or do you go to the hospital and take man made drugs some which were even prepared by atheist, muslims, hindus etc. . .?  most of of the christians i know will run to moslem or athesit doctors for treatment instead of doing what is written for them in the bible. . .
Re: Wishful Thinking? by toneyb: 10:30am On Apr 27, 2009
Most Christians pick and choose what to believe in, any Christian that you advice to do what you have just written(go to the church elders to pray for him or her and annoint them with oil) here in Australia will swear at you and insult you for giving them bad advice. I don't know if people still believe that in Nigeria but I know that Christians NEVER do that here in Australia and in England. When the fall sick they go to the hospital, they discard the bible and all it's promise of divine healing and go after man made drugs and medication.They are all hypocrites because they never practice what they preach(any way they don't preach this kind of things here in Australia).
Re: Wishful Thinking? by solosimple(m): 12:00pm On Apr 27, 2009
@Poster
Go and do more study on Christian healthy-living
Then you probably need to rephrase you topic.
Re: Wishful Thinking? by mazaje(m): 9:53pm On Apr 27, 2009
solosimple:

@Poster
Go and do more study on Christian healthy-living
Then you probably need to rephrase you topic.

what has that go to do with the fact that christians disobey the teachings of the bible when they get sick? there is no where in the bible where it is written that people should go to the hospital when they are sick. . .the divine directive from the biblegod is for people to go to the church elders to pray for them and anoint them with oil, not hospitals. . . i just want to know why christains do not practice what is written in the bible. . .even the miracle "healer" pat robhinson of the 700 club did not do that he went to the hospital for surgery when he was diagnosed with prostrate cancer. . . he clearly disobeyed the word of the biblegod. . . and refused to practice what he has been preaching for over 40 years. . .
Re: Wishful Thinking? by solosimple(m): 9:36am On Apr 28, 2009
Do you know that there were physicians in the days of the Apostles?
Or
is it an evil thing to be a doctor or for a Christian to even own an Hospital?
Please go and study more, then you can come back with Bible references.
Re: Wishful Thinking? by mazaje(m): 4:36pm On Apr 28, 2009
solosimple:

Do you know that there were physicians in the days of the Apostles?
Or
is it an evil thing to be a doctor or for a Christian to even own an Hospital?
Please go and study more, then you can come back with Bible references.

the bible tells christians to go their church elders to pray for them and anoint them with oil for healing when ever they fall sick, it doesn't say go to the hospital, it says go to the church elders. . . i dont see christians doing that. . . is it because it never works?
Re: Wishful Thinking? by toneyb: 2:56pm On Apr 29, 2009
mazaje:

the bible tells christians to go their church elders to pray for them and anoint them with oil for healing when ever they fall sick, it doesn't say go to the hospital, it says go to the church elders. . . i dont see christians doing that. . . i[b]s it because it never works?[/b]

grin grin Why are you asking the obvious? Will christians ever go to hospital if it works? As you have pointed out the bible is very clear as to what christians are to do when they fall sick, it doesn't say go to the hospital it says go to the church elders.

(1) (Reply)

What If Hell Is Cancelled. / The Pastor And Multimedia Ministry / Hell Is Very Very Very Real. Please Wath This And Study!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.