Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,111 members, 7,946,728 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 05:41 AM

UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April (12477 Views)

Poll: Which team's winning the 1st leg?

Barcelona: 48% (45 votes)
Chelsea: 38% (35 votes)
Draw: 13% (12 votes)
This poll has ended

Chelsea Vs Swansea (2 - 0) On 28th April 2013 / Stoke City Vs Arsenal (1 - 1) On 28th April 2012 / UCL Semi: Barcelona Vs Inter [1 - 0; 2 - 3 Agg]On Wednesday 28th April (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by medube(m): 9:38pm On Apr 28, 2009
Full time 0 - 0

Now, we wait for them at The Bridge smiley
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by amigoes(m): 9:39pm On Apr 28, 2009
the bookmakers didn't give 'em any chance, at all.
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by Utali(m): 9:40pm On Apr 28, 2009
Zero Zero, Nil Nil Draw!!! 0-0
Where are them haters? where where where

Make all of una go die!!!
from now on eybody that predicted that Chelsea would recieve a trashing should honourably delete their account on NL  (100% of you all don't have honour)

Go bury your heads in shame!!
We played without 3 key players
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by romeo(m): 9:41pm On Apr 28, 2009
Stamford Bridge will witness a different Barca, Chelsea will not defend at home and Barca is not known for defensive football. It will be a cracker.
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by Krayola(m): 9:41pm On Apr 28, 2009
medube:

Then you are not a football fan or even a sports fan, unless you would know that sometimes you have to play it raw and against the odds to get what you want.
I'm a FOOTBALL fan which is why i'll rather support a team that actually plays football.

jalether:

krayola wan cry, take heart he dey happen grin
haha, God punish you

Good result for Chelsea, Happy we didn't concede a goal. I was never expecting an easy game, i was hoping we scored a quick goal that would force chelsea out of their shell but it didn't happen. Excellent defending from Chelsea, Alex was a beast in defense, and they really choked up the midfield. Wasn't the best game in terms of entertainment but it wasn't bad either. See u next week. may the best team win, we all know what team that is,

Forza barca!!!
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by ikeyman00(m): 9:42pm On Apr 28, 2009
WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chelsea could still get beaten!! easily
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by PDF: 9:53pm On Apr 28, 2009
"We played without 3 key players"

Whoever it is that made that statement (on behalf of chelsea) has a lethargic and hebetudinous sense of futbol grin lipsrsealed
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by chidichris(m): 9:58pm On Apr 28, 2009
wow! chelsea, hiddink and mikel.
nobody gave it to chelsea.
i was happy and surprised to see mikel in the line and i was happier to see him lasted 95 minutes.
we will meet them in stamford bridge.
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by Ekwere(m): 9:59pm On Apr 28, 2009
Where is that mouthy Switch47 or whtever he calls himself. Have u seen hw u hv again disgrace urself? Nonsense hiss
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by philip0906(m): 10:04pm On Apr 28, 2009
Barca vs Chelsea
 and messi carries d ball trying 2 dribble he is dribbling oh oh  oh nooooooooooooooooo.Leonel Messi again we(commentator) all want to cee him dribble all the 10 Chelsea players on the pitch.okay here e goes now dribbles mmm, wo is he dribbling?i don't seem to know.oooooooo first half over.maybe during the secound half,he will show y he is the new "maradonna".
Messi again holds the ball dribbles Xavi grin sorry Mikel but he goes back again.Messi please our hope is you.Prove to those chelsea guys that that u r the best.that is y they used that defensive formation.prove ur self now or never.okay here he goes Messi,Messi,Messi dribbbbbbblllllllllllllliiiiiiiiiiiiii oh no he loses posession grin.
Messi we r lossing our hope and faith on you cos we told our chinese guest that you can dribble 11 players at once grin but you r f***kng up.sorry for using foul language but I'm gonna loose my bet 1200pounds.
  aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh BLUES 4 LIFE!Me too dey wait Messi may hin dribble every body for field grin.no b wetin una talk?so y una come dey give useless reason say we play defensive?MCHEEW! tongue
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by ladykool(f): 10:06pm On Apr 28, 2009
wow barca wanted to kill us o! shocked
but thank God we were really strong on our defence today all we have to do now
is to beat them when they come to stamford bridge besides we deserve it!! grin
and czech wow he has really done well am proud of him
romeo:

Stamford Bridge will witness a different Barca, Chelsea will not defend at home and Barca is not known for defensive football. It will be a cracker.

plzzz we will definetly beat them at stamfod bridge! barca will get fed-up and they will give up cuz their energy will be drained!!
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by Redman44(m): 10:08pm On Apr 28, 2009
The retirn leg will be very tough. I don't know what will happen. I hope the Chelsea bashers are eating their words now. Nature and life has a way of shutting the mouths of people who boast. Have the 5 goals sailed into the net of Chelsea now? Look at how many Nigerians said the Eagles would roast Mozambique. At the end of the day, we nearly lost the match. Guus Hiddink is in charge now. Barca fans should not expect it will be all gravy at Stamford Bridge. Let me just add this: The NFF should get rid of Amodu Shuaibu quickly. The guy has no blueprint for the Super Eagles. Let them bring Siasia in to get the job done. Amodu is now trying to use Siasia's boys now. Look at the list of players he has drawn up for the games against Tunisia and Kenya. Till we meet at Stamford Bridge. Cheers.
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by hackney(m): 10:10pm On Apr 28, 2009
Barca will learn football when they come to the bridge smiley smiley
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by Krayola(m): 10:15pm On Apr 28, 2009
Barca fans that predicted an easy win were being naive. Nobody is gonna beat chelsea 5-0 in a CL semifinal game,  it just ain't gonna happen. I was hoping for an early goal so at least we saw a great attacking game from both teams.

We were very cautious tonight. We were not piling forward like we usually do because we recognized what was at stake,  The 2nd leg is gonna be tough because we have neither Puyol nor Marquez. We'll have to start Pique and Caceres, both of whom are pretty much playing their debut season at the top level. I'm not very excited about that.

And we have to play Real Madrid away this weekend, then Chelsea away. HOLY SH!T!!!
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by OneNaija(m): 10:19pm On Apr 28, 2009
Na so so mouth una get. Chesky has never lose at home in Champion league remember not even livpool or barca. Be Warn. Chelsea dey are dangerous like tiger. remmber does who sabi make mouth. ready for Action for Stamford bridge were the bridge go break for barca head. Chelsea for life.
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by guseman(m): 10:21pm On Apr 28, 2009
@all
Up Chelsea!!!

We shame them. Come to Stanford bridge and see hell.
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by mykali(m): 10:37pm On Apr 28, 2009
i still have butterflies in my stomach about this fixture. Chelsea will try all possible to go for a win at the Bridge and will be vulnerable to counter attacks. Barca might try to use the away goals rule to their favor. Whateva happens at the Bridge, we must outscore Barcelona.
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by eyonigger(m): 10:40pm On Apr 28, 2009
To be sincere, I actually thought Chelski were gonna play all out attack just like they did against pool, that made me predict a win over them. But the same Man-U of last season tactics was used.

Manure got a goal by Zambrotta's passing error which scholes netted. The same wont happen against Barca, because fire for fire wont be good for Chelski in the bridge, and Manure are clearly better than Chelski. From this analysis, Barca will go through in the second leg, remember that u must not concede any goal,cos if u do, ur out.
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by JAZES(m): 10:42pm On Apr 28, 2009
Wey them haters; i still maintain that the sky is blue.
We are waiting for you at the bridge. Nothing do us.
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by rasputinn(m): 10:50pm On Apr 28, 2009
Tonight I have been told a new definition of BORING
Chelski SUCKED throughout the game,resorting to play like a championship side,thowing men behind the ball.The trick worked for them but
I wonder why they played so deeply defensive,abi na fear of barca
I wonder if they'll resort to the same tactics at the bridge,they are bound to come out and attack,at least let's see a semblance of attacking football to make it worth watching,instead of to have to doze off four times during the game like I did today
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by RuuDie(m): 11:01pm On Apr 28, 2009
I wonder why Chelsea fans think it is home and dry cuz they pulled out a draw at the Nou Camp. . . . . . in the context of the away goal rule, which team holds the advantage - the greater chance of getting through
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by ikeyman00(m): 11:05pm On Apr 28, 2009
chelsea could still be beaten!! when they open up the game

now forget 10 mans behind the ball

hey cautiom!!
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by philip0906(m): 11:06pm On Apr 28, 2009
@rasputinn
abegi sharap!We came with a gameplan which is to defend and get the best possible result while u also came with urs to win since u r home!now our gameplan worked while urs failed and u r complaining about our gameplan instead of asking while urs did not work.abegi may una go siddon.
una own 4 champions league don finish.by the way i think say una say messi dey dribble everybody 4 field? grin.so even if we defended with 12 players ur Messi should have dribbled them all grin
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by RuuDie(m): 11:11pm On Apr 28, 2009
I think footballing cultures play / mentality play a big role here. . . . . .  Barca are traditionally a team who like to play good football and win whenever, wherever - pretty much like Brazil who love to see their teams play beautiful footie.

Disappointment shown by very many Barca fans i've come across tonight stems from the fact that they didn't win and not cuz they don't feel they still have a very good chance of qualification.
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by rasputinn(m): 11:14pm On Apr 28, 2009
philip0906:

@rasputinn
u also came since u r home worked while urs failed and u r complaining about our gameplan instead of asking while urs did not work.abegi may una go siddon.
una own ,,,,say una say

I am not a barca fan,the fact remains that on the night Chelski SUCKED BIGTIME
Let's see how y'all fare in the reverse fixture,I'm actually hoping you beat barca at the bridge so we can have our revenge over ur ass in the finals after we dispatch the scummies

SHOULDA TOLD YA SOONA,I'M A GOONER
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by Krayola(m): 11:15pm On Apr 28, 2009
OneNaija:

Chesky has never lose at home in Champion league remember not even livpool or barca.

haha,  olodo rabata.  We beat chelsea at stanford bridge like 3-4 seasons ago
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by RuuDie(m): 11:19pm On Apr 28, 2009
mykali:

i still have butterflies in my stomach about this fixture. Chelsea will try all possible to go for a win at the Bridge and will be vulnerable to counter attacks. Barca might try to use the away goals rule to their favor. Whateva happens at the Bridge, we must outscore Barcelona.

You call it straight down the middle my man - probably the truest any Chelsea fan has come to saying about this match. . . .  now the onus is on chelsea; they have to win!

Maybe they are banking on the psychology of home advantage, but. . . . . . .  isn't that a much longer shot

I remember the first Chelsea - Barca clash in the JM - FR era. . . . Chelsea went to the Nou camp, played a much more open attack-minded game and lost 2-1 but importantly they got the away goal that gave them a massive boost in the second leg.

This goalless draw is something of a cliff-hanger!
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by RuuDie(m): 11:27pm On Apr 28, 2009
I've asked myself this question a dozen times over. . . . . . . lets assume it was Chelsea at home <Stamford Bridge> in this first leg, would they be content with the score-line (0-0) as it is
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by bluehorizo(m): 11:30pm On Apr 28, 2009
A heroic game I think. Yes, a goal would have been incredibly great, but then Barca did not score and if we can hold them at Nou Camp, then we can hold them anywhere. It is wide-open, but 0-0 is so many more times better than any loss that it is lovely. We have a team with a heart as big as the moon.

In YOUR face, all of you in on here that thought Chelsea would lose 5-0 or something like that. Football has to be played before you should open your mouth.
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by Krayola(m): 11:43pm On Apr 28, 2009
Guus Hiddink, Chelsea manager
We're pleased with the result when you look at Barcelona's recent results and what the scores have been in games here. I think it's the first time they haven't scored a goal in a home game this season which is quite an achievement. We managed to be very disciplined tactically, defensively, but we didn't keep possession well in the first half, and kicked too many balls away [out of defence]. In the second half we were better and started playing. It's a compliment to the team to get this result in difficult circumstances but we still have to improve in the second game. Nowadays it's not a big advantage playing away or at home so nothing is decided, but it's still a good result against a good team.

Petr did a good job defensively. He saved the game for us and [José] Bosingwa also did a good job, got good help from [Florent] Malouda down the left side and there was also good support from John Terry when Messi went inside. You have to play very courageously here and also with a lot of intelligence. Terry was inspiring and an example to the rest of the team, who responded very well. This is a team who must play better when we have possession but this opponent doesn't let you play easily. My team has a lot of courage and are ready to spill a lot of blood for the cause; mentally they're very tough.

Josep Guardiola, Barcelona coach
The result is what it is, you can't say in football that you deserved more. Our rivals know how we play, and they were very defensive. They had six players in defence, were physical and strong, but we tried to play the way we do and present a good image. We'll go to London with the same spirit, nothing will change that. There's nothing to be ashamed of after a performance like that; there's no one to blame for not winning. I can only be proud of my players. It's never easy to play well when the opponent isn't trying to push forward and play football. European ties can be settled by small details and these didn't go our way tonight.

For many months we've been winning games, and confidence is still high, but we still need the fans to get behind us and they were a great help tonight. We played honestly and people value that. We always go out to win, as we will against Real Madrid on Saturday.
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by biina: 2:40am On Apr 29, 2009
Nice technical game. Hiddink once again shows what a great coach he is. 
Guardiola got it wrong by not switching henry onto Bosingwa, as there was no way messi would beat a right footed LB on the inside. The only time messi posed a threat, was when he went to the outside (which was awkward for both him and bosingwa).
The game is still up for grabs, but the schedule and injury concerns puts things slightly in Chelsea's favor.
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by switch47(m): 6:14am On Apr 29, 2009
[b]The only advantage chelsea had in the encounter is that they are very powerfull physically using ugly football, which makes it difficult for most decent attack to penetrate without been roughly muscled off the ball. ala Rugby/ witchcraft soccer

chelsea dont play they just win (says xavi) and not a few sport analysts share this opinion- the blues are good at winning games, but they dont make good viewing,the Blues have been able to record some impressive results so far but they do not play play in the same crowd pleasing way as the Blaugrana side do,chelsea employ an effective style of playing but not at all attractive,Nou camp did not  change tactics just to ensure that they neutralise the non- pleasing playing stamford bridge side.

CHELSEA IS A DISGRACE TO ENGLISH FOOTBALL (play anywhere belle face pull and drag football)AND IF THEY TRY TO ATTACK AT STAMFORD BRIDGE THEY WILL BE DESTROYED And if they also try to commit 12 players in their Box 18 they wont be so lucky that time because the goals will go in then!!

TRUE CHAMPIONS PLAY TO WIN    ------MUMU CHELSEA PLAYS NOT TO LOSE!!    It is a two leged affair------BARCELONA IS CLEARLY A BETTER TEAM THAN CHELSEA AND THEY WILL BEAT CHELSEA RIGHT THERE AT STAMFORD BRIDGE[/b]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Liverpool Vs Watford (2 - 0) On 2nd April 2022 / Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry / Arsenal Vs Blackburn Rovers (7 - 1) On Saturday 4th February 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.