Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,675 members, 7,951,826 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 03:16 AM

We’ll Win Boko Haram Fight Like Civil War – Obasanjo - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / We’ll Win Boko Haram Fight Like Civil War – Obasanjo (542 Views)

Do Secret Agents Fight Like They Do In Movies? / Tribute To A Soldier Who Died During The Recent Boko Haram Fight / We’ll Win Boko Haram Fight Like Civil War – Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We’ll Win Boko Haram Fight Like Civil War – Obasanjo by emamos: 7:48am On Oct 13, 2015
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo yesterday described President Muhammadu Buhari as a good leader, saying he not only has listening ears, but is also anxious to learn.
He stated this when he led some Colombian security experts to meet with the president at Aso Rock to share their experience in tackling insurgency.
Speaking to journalists after the meeting, Obasanjo said Nigeria needed to take a cue from Colombia in respect to how that country had been able to manage that insurgency it had been battling with for more than 50 years.
He said: “I have come to see the president for two reasons. The first one is the one you have just seen: I brought a delegation of those of us who visited Colombia last year under the auspices of a foundation which I am the chairman.
“We went to Colombia to see how the Colombian authorities were handling the issue of insurgency which had been with them for more than 50 years. As a result of that visit and the experience we had, a book was produced and I said to them that it will be interesting for us in Nigeria to learn as much as we can learn from the experience of Colombia.”
On how the president reacted to their submissions, Obasanjo said, “He (Buhari) was interested. You know that one thing you can say about the president is that he is anxious to learn and he has listening ears. Of course, nobody knows it all. A good leader must seek every opportunity to learn and to put what he learns into practice.”
The former president also hinted that the second purpose of his visit to the Villa was to brief the president on the success recorded so far in resolving the political crisis in Guinea Bissau.
He said based on his visit to Guinea Bissau last Friday, where he spent last weekend and returned on Sunday morning, that country has finally agreed to put a new government in place, which would be formed either yesterday or today.
Obasanjo said, “The second aspect of my visit was the work that both the president and the ECOWAS gave me in Guinea Bissau. The last time, we were able to resolve all the issues of getting a new prime minister. This time, we had also been able to resolve the issue of now forming a government.
“If nothing intervenes, I believe, between today and tomorrow, a new government will be in place in Guinea Bissau. They have been without government for almost two months.
“When I was there, I praised the restraint of the general public and particularly the military because the military leaders hold me that for two months, they have not gotten salary. They could not even buy fuel into military vehicles and yet they continue to maintain restraints.
“That cannot go on forever. So, I hope that the actions that we have taken over the weekend (I was there on Friday morning and I left early morning of Sunday), we might be in the process of putting that behind us”.
On the lessons Nigerians can learn from insurgency in Colombia, he said, “The specific thing is that they have been fighting insurgency for 50 years. They celebrated their 50 years in existence in May last year, in fact, we went there in Junehttp://leadership.ng/news/466812/well-win-boko-haram-fight-like-civil-war-obasanjo
Re: We’ll Win Boko Haram Fight Like Civil War – Obasanjo by Mancity26(m): 7:51am On Oct 13, 2015
k
Re: We’ll Win Boko Haram Fight Like Civil War – Obasanjo by ibrams(m): 7:51am On Oct 13, 2015
yes sir....
Re: We’ll Win Boko Haram Fight Like Civil War – Obasanjo by madridguy(m): 7:53am On Oct 13, 2015
Boko Haram insurgency will not stop until Hausa start practising the real teaching of Islam. To train your child is mandatory in Islam #stopAlmajirifirst# with the increase of Almajiri in the north expect more bombing.
Re: We’ll Win Boko Haram Fight Like Civil War – Obasanjo by Armaggedon: 7:53am On Oct 13, 2015
...another provocative statement.
Re: We’ll Win Boko Haram Fight Like Civil War – Obasanjo by Nobody: 7:56am On Oct 13, 2015
What hypocrisy!!!....Gowon told the whole world that there was "No Victor No Vanquish" in the civil war.....yet this old fool is saying this...huh...now I wouldn't blame those clamouring for Biafra because truly there is a grand plan to silence the Igbos and let no fuuul quote me to say am a bigot coz it's clear from the above statement of OBJ... undecided undecided undecided
Re: We’ll Win Boko Haram Fight Like Civil War – Obasanjo by permsec: 8:01am On Oct 13, 2015
So Boko haram insurgency can be compared to that of civil war?

This people have a hidden agenda. But i still stand on the grounds that Obj has a hand at the initial stages of BH.

Continue fooling your followers.
Re: We’ll Win Boko Haram Fight Like Civil War – Obasanjo by Tallesty1(m): 8:05am On Oct 13, 2015
domcarez:
What hypocrisy!!!....Gowon told the whole world that there was "No Victor No Vanquish" in the civil war.....yet this old fool is saying this...huh...now I wouldn't blame those clamouring for Biafra because truly there is a grand plan to silence the Igbos and let no fuuul quote me to say am a bigot coz it's clear from the above statement of OBJ... undecided undecided undecided
Our old men in politics don't seem to know that their words can influence or plant the seed trouble so they spew it out without thinking.
Re: We’ll Win Boko Haram Fight Like Civil War – Obasanjo by Nobody: 8:08am On Oct 13, 2015
OBJ struggling to be relevant.
Re: We’ll Win Boko Haram Fight Like Civil War – Obasanjo by wakaman: 8:17am On Oct 13, 2015
Like the civil war,
we would crush any insurgency in any guise be it boko haram, ipob,biafra,egbesu,opc,agberos and wailers.

(1) (Reply)

Greece Rescues One Hundred Forty Four Migrants, 22 Drown / Please Help My Friend Who Wants To Quite Cultism / Something Is Fishy. Man Opens New Phone Package Only To Find A Sponge And A Tin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.