Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,202,246 members, 7,981,425 topics. Date: Monday, 21 October 2024 at 04:57 PM

Jurgen Klinsmann Sacked! (Bayern Munich) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Jurgen Klinsmann Sacked! (Bayern Munich) (1525 Views)

Jurgen Klopp Agrees Three-year Deal To Replace Brendan Rodgers / Arsenal Vs Bayern Munich : UCL (2 - 0) On 20th October 2015 / Jürgen Klinsmann To Step In As Bayern Munich Coach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jurgen Klinsmann Sacked! (Bayern Munich) by mukina2: 11:29am On Apr 27, 2009
Bayern Munich have sacked coach Jurgen Klinsmann and appointed Jupp Heynckes for the final five games of the season.

Jurgen Klinsmann shows his frustration as Bayern lose 1-0 to Schalke on Saturday

The Bundesliga champions have failed to hit top gear and have not being top of the table all season. They also exited the Champions League at the quarter-final stage following a heavy loss at Barcelona.

He has been in charge of the defending Bundesliga champions since last July, but Saturday's 1-0 defeat at home to Schalke proved to be the final act for the former Germany international.

Bayern are currently third in the Bundesliga standings, just three points off Vfl Wolfsburg the summit but clinging on to the final Champions League berth for next term on goal difference from VfB Stuttgart and Hamburg SV.

The job was the 44-year-old's first at club level after managing the national team on home soil at the 2006 World Cup, losing in the semi-finals.

Klinsmann's fate was sealed after a meeting with club chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge, general manager Uli Hoeness and director Karl Hopfner on Monday.

Heynckes' finest hour came as coach of Real Madrid in 1998 when they won the Champions League, and he was promptly sacked.

The 63-year-old, who was Bayern head coach from 1987 to 1991, will take over from Tuesday and will be assisted by Hermann Gerland, who has been coaching the reserve team since 2001.

Rummenigge claimed the change at the helm was necessary due to disappointing recent results.

He said: "It was a difficult decision, but the results from the last weeks, the way they came about and especially the situation five rounds before the end of the season forced us to act due to due our responsibility towards the club.

"With Jupp Heynckes and (assistant) Hermann Gerland we have two experienced coaches, to whom we have handed the management of the team until the end of the season.''

A statement on the Bavarian club's website confirmed the board had "informed Jurgen Klinsmann this morning that it had decided to end its cooperation as of today''.

It added: "This also applies to the assistant coaches Martin Vasquez and Nick Theslof.''

With five matches to go, Bayern president Franz Beckenbauer has already admitted his club are "playing for second place'' in the Bundesliga.

Since the record German champions can ill-afford a year out of Europe's premier club competition, the board have made the decision to appoint Heynckes - who led them to the Bundesliga title in 1989 - in a bid to salvage what can still be salvaged from this season.

"The board has seen the minimum aim for the season come under threat with the recent results and has therefore decided to take this step,'' continued the statement.

"The board thanks Jurgen Klinsmann and his coaching team for their work and wish them all the best for the future.''

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=641155&sec=europe&cc=3888
Re: Jurgen Klinsmann Sacked! (Bayern Munich) by mukina2: 11:29am On Apr 27, 2009
Dayo sweerie kiss grin

come see wetin this bayern board don do this morning oh angry grin
Re: Jurgen Klinsmann Sacked! (Bayern Munich) by slimghost(m): 11:34am On Apr 27, 2009
who cares? crappy league. Anyways, he can apply 4 the job @ Emirates as Wenger is set 2 endure another trophiless season.
Re: Jurgen Klinsmann Sacked! (Bayern Munich) by mukina2: 11:36am On Apr 27, 2009
sharap dia!!! angry
back to sender . .fergie will choke again on his chingum this week tongue grin

Please do not derail this thread. its a special tribute to Dayokanu grin
Re: Jurgen Klinsmann Sacked! (Bayern Munich) by debosky(m): 11:41am On Apr 27, 2009
grin grin grin

Where is DK now? His club is in shambles - I suspect they might not even make it into Europe (UCL) if they continue at this rate. cheesy
Re: Jurgen Klinsmann Sacked! (Bayern Munich) by tkb417(m): 11:43am On Apr 27, 2009
Im sure Everton will spell Bayern. The poor coach should look elsewhere.
Byern is cursed! no coach can take them out of the doldrums
rubbish club
Re: Jurgen Klinsmann Sacked! (Bayern Munich) by MrCrackles(m): 11:47am On Apr 27, 2009
I am not surprised! grin

Bayern had an excellent coach in Ottmar Hitzfield and like Arsene Wenger and Fergie, should have continued in that role!
Re: Jurgen Klinsmann Sacked! (Bayern Munich) by olabukola: 12:28pm On Apr 27, 2009
Bayern had an excellent coach in Ottmar Hitzfield and like Arsene Wenger and Fergie, should have continued in that role!
Wengay and Fergie as in what? Staying longer in a club, Winning Trophies or going Trophyless season after season. If itz the first then ok but the other 2 pls do not compare them. NO comparism.
Re: Jurgen Klinsmann Sacked! (Bayern Munich) by rasputinn(m): 12:59pm On Apr 27, 2009
MrCrackles:

I am not surprised! grin

Yea,I've always felt Otmar's a very good coach that could easily be compared to Prof Arsene Wenger and Sir Alex Ferguson
The sacking of Klinsmann is good riddance
Re: Jurgen Klinsmann Sacked! (Bayern Munich) by Nobody: 1:31pm On Apr 27, 2009
Sacking Hitzfeld was a huge mistake,despite him winning the league last year.I remember telling Dayo this one time after they lost 5-2 at home to wolfsburg,I think.
Re: Jurgen Klinsmann Sacked! (Bayern Munich) by dayokanu(m): 1:49pm On Apr 27, 2009
Good riddance

Re: Jurgen Klinsmann Sacked! (Bayern Munich) by slimghost(m): 1:51pm On Apr 27, 2009
Phil Brown is the ideal manager 4 them, i guess. grin grin grin. I pray Ribery makes an OT switch.
Re: Jurgen Klinsmann Sacked! (Bayern Munich) by dayokanu(m): 1:52pm On Apr 27, 2009
He should go back to LA Galaxy and coach Landon Donovan and co

Re: Jurgen Klinsmann Sacked! (Bayern Munich) by dayokanu(m): 1:55pm On Apr 27, 2009
BTW Juup Heyckenes has a Champions league medal already
Re: Jurgen Klinsmann Sacked! (Bayern Munich) by slimghost(m): 1:57pm On Apr 27, 2009
so?
Re: Jurgen Klinsmann Sacked! (Bayern Munich) by dayokanu(m): 2:01pm On Apr 27, 2009
Bayern is a BIG club that takes decisive actions because we expect results.

I know of a certain club whose manager has never won any european trophy in over 20 years.

He has been trophyless for 5 seasons and He is stuck to 4th place right now. Yet they name the club after him.

There are ambitions and there are AMBITIONS!!!!
Re: Jurgen Klinsmann Sacked! (Bayern Munich) by slimghost(m): 2:04pm On Apr 27, 2009
dayokanu:

I know of a certain club whose manager has never won any european trophy in over 20 years.

He has been trophyless for 5 seasons and He is stuck to 4th place right now. Yet they name the club after him.

There are ambitions and there are AMBITIONS!!!!

Spot on!!! No need to name names. we know him, and we know the club. grin grin grin
Re: Jurgen Klinsmann Sacked! (Bayern Munich) by debosky(m): 2:07pm On Apr 27, 2009
Na ambition we go chop? Getting flogged by 5 goals a number of times in a season is no joke. cheesy

In those 'trophyless' years the same team has gotten to the CL semis twice with a final appearance while Bayern has barely made it to the quarter finals in the CL, not mentioning getting raped 4-0 by some Russian upstarts in the mediocre UEFA cup. cheesy

Seems Bayern's ambition is to be beaten 4-0 every year in Europe - they have achieved it for two seasons running. cheesy grin grin

There is ambition and there is ambition!! grin grin grin
Re: Jurgen Klinsmann Sacked! (Bayern Munich) by dayokanu(m): 2:13pm On Apr 27, 2009
What is the essence of playing Semi finals when u cant win the cup?

OK Semi finals is now a trophy to win? I guess I learn new things everyday with Gayyners.

Losing 5-0 and losing 1-0 count are the same in a league

a team that loses 5 games 1-0 is no better than one that lost 3 5-0 games.

Keep winning Semi finals trophy I guess you won another semi Final trophy 2 saturdays ago.

Man Utd has lost 4-1 this season they are sitting atop the league Assanal has not lost by that Margin all season and they are glued to 4th place

ambitions and AMBITIONS

I am out see you later
Re: Jurgen Klinsmann Sacked! (Bayern Munich) by Sauron1: 2:17pm On Apr 27, 2009
debosky:

grin grin grin

Where is DK now? His club is in shambles - I suspect they might not even make it into Europe (UCL) if they continue at this rate. cheesy

U keep wondering why they call em HOLLYWOOD FC!!!!!
The foundation of this Nazi-club smells of corruption, chaos and mass stupidity.
That Klinsmann made it to April is a miracle on it's own. . . . . . . .I was expecting his sack around January.
Bayern Munich is a disgrace. . . . . .and until they adopt the English way of football management, they will continue to be "has been".
Re: Jurgen Klinsmann Sacked! (Bayern Munich) by debosky(m): 2:20pm On Apr 27, 2009
dayokanu:

What is the essence of playing Semi finals when u cant win the cup?

OK Semi finals is now a trophy to win? I guess I learn new things everyday with Gayyners.

I never said it was a trophy - just a clear distinction between that and losing 4-0 like a pub team and making your fans want to shoot themselves. grin grin

Did Utd lose 4-0 in the CL quarterfinals? Or what nonsense are you spewing again? Did Utd get spanked 4-0 in the UEFA cup by some upstart Ruskies? grin grin Oh wait, that was also in the league right? grin

Like I said, keep building up your reputation as the whipping boys, Next season Chelski or Utd will give out your customary 4-0 elimination.
Re: Jurgen Klinsmann Sacked! (Bayern Munich) by HNIC(m): 3:24pm On Apr 27, 2009
dayokanu:

Bayern is a BIG club that takes decisive actions because we expect results.
Did you say BIG
grin grin grin grin

dayokanu:

Yet they name the club after him.
Re: Jurgen Klinsmann Sacked! (Bayern Munich) by rasputinn(m): 4:18pm On Apr 27, 2009
~Sauron~:

U keep wondering why they call em HOLLYWOOD FC!!!!!
The[b] foundation of this Nazi-club smells of corruption, chaos and mass stupidity[/b].

grin grin grin grin grin grin

~Sauron~:

That Klinsmann made it to April is a miracle on it's own. . . . . . . .I was expecting his sack around January.
Bayern Munich is a disgrace. . . . . .and until they adopt the English way of football management, they will continue to be "has been".

That is so acidically true
Klinsmann's misadventure at Bayern is a classic example of how to be a shitty coach in a stupid club
Re: Jurgen Klinsmann Sacked! (Bayern Munich) by debosky(m): 4:19pm On Apr 27, 2009
HNIC:

Did you say BIG
grin grin grin grin

Of course they are big - they love to lose by BIG margins in Europe and in the league. Want to beat someone 4-0 or 5-1? Call Bayern!! grin grin
Re: Jurgen Klinsmann Sacked! (Bayern Munich) by tkb417(m): 5:52pm On Apr 27, 2009
Of course they are big - they love to lose by BIG margins in Europe and in the league. Want to beat someone 4-0 or 5-1? Call Bayern!!

when you want to concede 4 goals in 30 mins, call Bayern grin

The same club we played for 180 mins that couldnt score a goal.
a synonym for bayern is hopeless
Re: Jurgen Klinsmann Sacked! (Bayern Munich) by kayality: 1:36pm On Apr 29, 2009
i hope he we get good new team
Re: Jurgen Klinsmann Sacked! (Bayern Munich) by dayokanu(m): 1:42pm On Apr 29, 2009
I understand why Man Utd and Assanal fans are moaning the defeat of past years still hurt right?

In Munich No coach is bigger than the club.

Its not possible for Bayern to stick with a coach who has remained trophyless for 5 seasons.

Our aspirations are high we are never contented with 4th place in the league or "Semi final Trophies"

Mr Dobo Man Utd exited Europe losing 3-0 in San Siro in 2007, Milan exited losing to some upstart 4-0 in Riazor. After those debacles they have won the CL. Arsenal has never lost by ridiculous Margins but pls show me the trophies they won in the process.

Wouldnt I rather lose by 9-0 and win the trophy soon than go the Assanal way.

The foundation of this Nazi-club smells of corruption, chaos and mass stupidity.
Bayern Munich is a disgrace. . . . . .and until they adopt the English way of football management, they will continue to be "has been

Is it not a shame that our reputable management is being brought here for discussion?
If anyone has anything against International figures like Kaiser Franz Beckenbauer, Karl heinz Rummenigge they should bring it to the fore. Corruption? i guess the word has another meaning.

Beckenbauer just organised a perfect world cup What No one in the British Isle could do in 40 years

Won the world cup as Player, Won as coach and Even Hosted a world Cup as president of the organising committee.

One thing is certain No one in United Kingdom can achieve than in this century!!

English style of Management that has made Man City, and Aston Villa the Plaything of Hamburg and EPL clubs the joke of the UEFA cup
Re: Jurgen Klinsmann Sacked! (Bayern Munich) by Sauron1: 1:52pm On Apr 29, 2009
dayokanu:

Is it not a shame that our reputable management is being brought here for discussion?
If anyone has anything against International figures like Kaiser Franz Beckenbauer, Karl heinz Rummenigge they should bring it to the fore. Corruption? i guess the word has another meaning.

There's nothing reputable in a club that has sacked several managers in a space of few years.
Stability is a blasphemous word in Bayern Munich. from Shitzfeld, to Magath to Beckenbauer.
Bayern Munich has changed over a dozen managers in Ferguson's reign at Old Trafford.
Your club sucks.

Beckenbauer just organised a perfect world cup What No one in the British Isle could do in 40 years
Won the world cup as Player, Won as coach and Even Hosted a world Cup as president of the organising committee.
One thing is certain No one in United Kingdom can achieve than in this century!!

Bayern Munich is not a world cup team.
We are talking about Bayern's rotten organisation not Germany's exploits at the world cup.
If this is your cheap attempt to divert the discussion into world cup achievements then you are as moronic as Klinsmann himself.

English style of Management that has made Man City, and Aston Villa the Plaything of Hamburg and EPL clubs the joke of the UEFA cup

But they have won more UEFA cup titles than Spain.
Germany have not won more UEFA cups than England.
Re: Jurgen Klinsmann Sacked! (Bayern Munich) by dayokanu(m): 2:22pm On Apr 29, 2009
There's nothing reputable in a club that has sacked several managers in a space of few years.
Stability is a blasphemous word in Bayern Munich. from Shitzfeld, to Magath to Beckenbauer.
Bayern Munich has changed over a dozen managers in Ferguson's reign at Old Trafford.
Your club sucks.

Our philosophy in Munich is that No coach is bigger than the club. I know its different in some places Like Arsenal, Auxerre and man Utd clubs with a lesser reputation. We have a name to protect unlike others that are just trying to build a reputation

Our Name is bigger than that of any coach in this world and so coaches remain employees of the club not part owners.

In Munich we have high expectations and any coach who doesnt deliver that gets the boot.
Bayern Munich is not a world cup team.
We are talking about Bayern's rotten organisation not Germany's exploits at the world cup.
If this is your cheap attempt to divert the discussion into world cup achievements then you are as moronic as Klinsmann himself.

You accused our Management of corruption and kaiser beckenbauer a well respected man in International circles (no one in the whole United Kingdom football is fit to clean his shoes) is in our management board,

Herbert Hainer is chairman of adidas AG, Europe's largest sporting equipment manufacturer on Bayern board

Show me a club that has more competent men at the helm
Re: Jurgen Klinsmann Sacked! (Bayern Munich) by Dammyray(m): 2:33pm On Apr 29, 2009
na waoo
Re: Jurgen Klinsmann Sacked! (Bayern Munich) by nateev1(m): 8:47am On Apr 30, 2009
Clubs sacks managers when they dont bring desired result , why are they so much in a hurry to hire and  fire? too bad!

(1) (Reply)

UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Quarter-final,semi-final And Final Draws / 2017/18 EPL: A Battle Of The Midfielders / UCL: Rubin Kazan V Barcelona Today At 17.30 Bst

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.