Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,116 members, 7,887,241 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 03:31 AM

My Girlfriend Is HIV/AIDS Positive What Do I Do? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girlfriend Is HIV/AIDS Positive What Do I Do? (43663 Views)

A Facebook User Discovers His Ex-Girlfriend is HIV Positive After Breaking Up / Help! My Fiance Is HIV Positive, I'm Not; What Do I Do? / My Girlfriend Is HIV/AIDS Positive, What Do I Do? (FEEDBACK) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV/AIDS Positive What Do I Do? by MzDeeb(f): 8:17am On Oct 14, 2015
It might not be a made-up story per se- I have a friend back then in University who always claimed that her mum is a health worker that she works in an hospital, only for me to visit her one day and discover that her Mum actually sells Drinks and snacks there. undecided. I was like na health worker be dis. The OP just want to upgrade his profession that's why he claimed being an health worker. wink.
PunkyVeer:

I didn't want to comment because he claims to be a "health worker" but doesn't even know the difference between copulation & reproduction. If he can't keep it 100, why bother? I feel it's a made-up story anyway, so...meh.
Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV/AIDS Positive What Do I Do? by bon2win: 8:20am On Oct 14, 2015
madridguy:
TRUE LOVE IS WHEN YOUR PARTNER GET HIV AND YOU STILL LOVE HER.

@ OP, YOU CLAIMED TO BE A HEALTH WORKER AND YOU STILL NEED AN ADVISE ON THIS ISSUE ? IN FELA VOICE : YOU BE SEWEGBE HEALTH WORKER

Na Real Sewegbe Health Worker. grin grin grin
Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV/AIDS Positive What Do I Do? by vislabraye(m): 8:22am On Oct 14, 2015
lifenajeje:
Hmmmm. Shows people are still ignorant about HIV.

Op Don't be surprise if a test is conducted using a determinant kit its you who would come out with a positive result.. Symptoms of different illness are alike so she may not be positive until a determine kit reveals so.

For the general house ...we have discordant ( one of the partner is living with HIV) and corcondant ( both partners are living with the virus). In both senarios there are millions of people happily married allover the world.

Don't abandon your love one cause of HIV else u would loose something special.

Marriage is a thing of the mind its either you are ready or not... If u can't marry someone that is positive you let the person know the truth and keep on being friends with the person. There are lots of issues that would make one not to settle down with their partner and they bring up other excuses.

What most people don't know is that there are lots of virgins who are living with the virus as I type this.. These are innocent children who were infected from birth with the virus before the emergence of PMTCT(Prevention of Mother To Child Transfer) presently people ignorantly still give birth to positive children who would grow up and get married.... What am trying to say is you could end up marrying a virgin but don't know he or she is positive with HIV..

SEX is not the only means which HIV is transmitted.. How many guys on nairaland have personal hair clippers .. How many ladies use their own hair pin.. Forget those crap about sterilising equipment..using lighters to burn clippers..clinically it's only bleach that can kill the virus..but as humans we can't drink bleach.....

Op even if that lady turns out positive u abandon her and she commences treatment someone better than you will know her value and keep her.

We all have different problems in life ...what u don't know about seek advice from the right channel always.

So in other word, he should marry an HIV+ person ? Anyone can be positive and we should not discriminate but I won't advise you to marry an infected person.
Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV/AIDS Positive What Do I Do? by Okeikpu(m): 8:24am On Oct 14, 2015
Ewu or Eghu..... Choose one......
Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV/AIDS Positive What Do I Do? by Kennydoc(m): 8:27am On Oct 14, 2015
PunkyVeer:

I'm not superstitious. I only believe in fate. Besides, saying otherwise still won't make me live forever. We all
gonna die & I don't fear my demise.

Suit yourself, my dear.
Good morning.
Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV/AIDS Positive What Do I Do? by daniel56(m): 8:28am On Oct 14, 2015
Fmartin:
Hmm... My girl friend is HIV/AIDS positive and we are into relationship not up to a month.

Though we have never had any coitus. She loves me soo much as do i.

It has not being confirmed in any of the laboratory that she is HIV/AIDS positive. But a reliable source close to her affirm to me that she is a victim. Yes! I would have Carried out a test for her but if she refuses the test, my relationship with her will be retarded. Because i will conclude that she is really HIV/AIDS positive.

Actually i don't want her to feel as being stigmatize if she realizes I know about her predicament and at same time not being close to her as before. Am a health worker, and I have also seen series of HIV/AIDS signs and symptoms on her.

Please nairalanders, I need your solemn advice. (advices..hehe) should I try and conduct a test for her or just quit the relationship?

And if am to quit the relationship, how do I convince her? Love y'all.
Go and do ur test too. But make her happy b4 u think of sending her away
Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV/AIDS Positive What Do I Do? by Khameal007(m): 8:35am On Oct 14, 2015
ok na ....Now watch me whip whip.. watch me nae nae...
Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV/AIDS Positive What Do I Do? by Nobody: 8:36am On Oct 14, 2015
Kennydoc:

Suit yourself, my dear.
Good morning.

smiley
Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV/AIDS Positive What Do I Do? by Nobody: 8:43am On Oct 14, 2015
Since u can't ask her to test, sleep with her without a condom, then after 3months go n test ursef to confirm. ..
Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV/AIDS Positive What Do I Do? by Riokempex1234: 8:48am On Oct 14, 2015
brother it may be a try play between her and that her girl friend you claim that knows her status, just to see what will be your reaction if you hear such thing about her, just to know if you truly love her as you always tell her. so i suggest that you should not run away on something you have not found the truth, but try and test on her when she is sleeping since your a health care tanks.
Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV/AIDS Positive What Do I Do? by adefrosh: 8:59am On Oct 14, 2015
run for ur life bro
Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV/AIDS Positive What Do I Do? by dapsonlou(m): 9:22am On Oct 14, 2015
Fmartin:
Hmm... My girl friend is HIV/AIDS positive and we are into relationship not up to a month.

It has not being confirmed in any of the laboratory that she is HIV/AIDS positive. But a reliable source close to her affirm to me that she is a victim. Yes! I would have Carried out a test for her but if she refuses the test, my relationship with her will be retarded. Because i will conclude that she is really HIV/AIDS positive.

Actually i don't want her to feel as being stigmatize if she realizes I know about her predicament and at same time not being close to her as before. Am a health worker, and I have also seen series of HIV/AIDS signs and symptoms on her.

Please nairalanders, I need your solemn advice. (advices..hehe) should I try and conduct a test for her or just quit the relationship?

If you have not slept With her just tell her because you are a health Work, you will like both of you to do a test together, so that your relationship will not have any Old back. Don't tell her you know or that someone told you, just tell her u do test with everyone you date. If she refuses then she's a wicked person and you have no need to stay with her, she will infect you. You life is more important than Love, you will love someone else next month.
Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV/AIDS Positive What Do I Do? by Nobody: 9:33am On Oct 14, 2015
Fmartin:

After sleeping around, she wan put everything for your head. Run for your life bro!!
Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV/AIDS Positive What Do I Do? by MissOpe(f): 9:37am On Oct 14, 2015
tony4life58:

Hepatitis B is more dangerous than HIV because it is more infectious and often the chronic carrier will finally come down with cancer of the liver after about 20years at most. It has no treatment if the body doesn't clear it on it own. Most likely the children will be exposed too.
You said your friend has been vaccinated, i won't tell the outcome here
Thanks for the swift reply bro....I've sent u a pm , please let's chat there.
Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV/AIDS Positive What Do I Do? by ABmaverick(m): 9:42am On Oct 14, 2015
Love what?My brother, flee for your dear live cos if it happens in the other way round she will not give it a second thought to leave you in the lurch.Girls/woman that are unfaithful and not dependable
Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV/AIDS Positive What Do I Do? by abdullkabar(m): 9:45am On Oct 14, 2015
Love can be amazing.....
Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV/AIDS Positive What Do I Do? by igwe44(m): 9:49am On Oct 14, 2015
Don't dump her until you will seems to have your own hiv. Common sense you no get
Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV/AIDS Positive What Do I Do? by rigarmortis: 9:56am On Oct 14, 2015
Fmartin:

and what are the signs?

other illnesses mimic the symptoms.

which in particular are you talking abt
Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV/AIDS Positive What Do I Do? by favour101(m): 10:21am On Oct 14, 2015
Go and run a test on her if she test positive and you still love her encourage her to go for ART drugs by doing that you will not be infected by the virus and you people can still hve children that's not infected by the virus
Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV/AIDS Positive What Do I Do? by maxti: 10:33am On Oct 14, 2015
Did u say you are a Health worker? I really doubt it.
Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV/AIDS Positive What Do I Do? by naijathings(m): 11:27am On Oct 14, 2015
PunkyVeer:

Meh is like a shrug or whatever

yeah i know... i use it too. it is a like an absent minded, DONT CARE IF UR HAIR IS ON FIRE version of whatever. just asked cos this is d 1st time i seen someone using that word.
Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV/AIDS Positive What Do I Do? by Nobody: 11:31am On Oct 14, 2015
naijathings:

yeah i know... i use it too. it is a like an absent minded, DONT CARE IF UR HAIR IS ON FIRE version of whatever. just asked cos this is d 1st time i seen someone using that word.

Oh ok smiley
Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV/AIDS Positive What Do I Do? by Fmartin(m): 11:39am On Oct 14, 2015
rigarmortis:

and what are the signs?

other illnesses mimic the symptoms.

which in particular are you talking abt
allergic reaction from anti-retroviral drugs eg headache on evry intake of new dose and dizziness
Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV/AIDS Positive What Do I Do? by Fmartin(m): 11:42am On Oct 14, 2015
vislabraye:

What do you mean that it has not be confirmed in a lab that she's HIV/AIDS positive ?
Has she ever gone for a test ?
I'll advise you two go for so that you guys status will be known. Avoid sex. No use konji as excuse O. Your life is important. Btw, how well do you know her
she was my school mate and she is still in skul coz she is my junior
Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV/AIDS Positive What Do I Do? by LEAFLET(m): 11:47am On Oct 14, 2015
abeg wetin be the singns and sympthoms wey you see OP wey make you conclude she had aids... We dey wait before we go tell you anything..Onye ashi muo.. Dey buga people with your imagination
Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV/AIDS Positive What Do I Do? by chisabones: 12:17pm On Oct 14, 2015
kilokeys:
Be wise bro..

Tell her u were diagnosed with a fat lump in ur brain..
Start to dey do like madman
Piss for body
Form epilepsy

So she go dump u.. Its better that way.

Cos if u do anyhow.. She fit Carry knife chuuk herself and chuuk u.. E don be be that o

Edit: this post gave me my 20,000th like.. Erhmm it feels good

LMAO!!! EASY OO BROS HAHAHAHAHAHA. YOU NA EXTRAORDINARY STRATEGIST OO grin grin grin grin grin grin. SEE FORMAT
Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV/AIDS Positive What Do I Do? by BuddhaPalm(m): 1:34pm On Oct 14, 2015
Am not sure HIV is such a big deal nowadays.

But if she's a slooot...
Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV/AIDS Positive What Do I Do? by Nobody: 3:52pm On Oct 14, 2015
Love is blind no be wen ya babe carry HIV. guy you need TB Joshua to deliver you from mumurity....
Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV/AIDS Positive What Do I Do? by Okeyson4wisdom(m): 6:44pm On Oct 14, 2015
[Clears throat) In tuface voice, Young man be careful to think it twice, before you choose to continue with such risk, so u don't see a blessing in disguise, sorry did I say blessing. grin grin
Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV/AIDS Positive What Do I Do? by ifko: 9:37pm On Oct 14, 2015
Fmartin:

Advice, have sex with her and go for test
Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV/AIDS Positive What Do I Do? by lifenajeje(m): 10:34pm On Oct 14, 2015
So in other word, he should marry an HIV+ person ? Anyone can be positive and we should not discriminate but I won't advise you to marry an infected person.[/quote]

Yes if he can live with it
No if he can't live it it....if u read my post well u will see where I talked about discordant couples..meaning one of the partner has the virus and the other does not have and there are millions of them allover the world blessed with HIV negative children.

Its better to marry someone who is positive and living with HIV , accessing treatment and takes the treatment seriously than other chronic illness I don't want to mention.

HIV NO DEY KILL.
Re: My Girlfriend Is HIV/AIDS Positive What Do I Do? by ChrisHandsome999(m): 11:06pm On Oct 14, 2015
one word..run!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

If She Cheats While Sharing Wedding Card!! / You're A Bad Boy: Priest Taps Groom's Head During Wedding Kiss With Bride(Video) / "Don't Have Sex For Free This 2018" - Lagos Runs Girl Advises Ladies (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.