Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,582 members, 7,944,752 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 11:59 PM

JAMB To Combine University (UME) and Polytechnic Examinations - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / JAMB To Combine University (UME) and Polytechnic Examinations (3264 Views)

5 Benefits Of Choosing A Private University And Polytechnic / JAMB 2014/2015 Cut-off Mark For UNIVERSITY And POLYTECHNIC ( Updated ) / University Of Abuja 2011/2012 Post Ume And Admission Update. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

JAMB To Combine University (UME) and Polytechnic Examinations by Phemour: 6:24pm On Apr 27, 2009
The immediate past chairman of the governing board of Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) Chief Amugo Ugorji says the recent decision to combine the Universities Matriculation Examination and Polytechnic examinations would solve the problem of dichotomy between HND and Degree certificates in the country.

Ugorji while briefing newsmen in Owerri said the new policy when it becomes effective would have positive effect on the development of education in the country.

He said for JAMB to have come up with the idea showed that it meant well for the revival of education, adding that the Universal Tertiary Matriculation  Examination (UTME) would make it possible to have  parity in the certificates.  Chief Ugorji recalled that there had been clamour to equate HND with degree because of the long existing dichotomy created in the number of subjects required to be passed before admission into both university and polytechnic

While welcoming the new idea as a policy that would augur well for the country, he said it would bring about standardization in seating of the examination.

Source: Dailytrust
Re: JAMB To Combine University (UME) and Polytechnic Examinations by larayat(f): 8:55pm On Apr 27, 2009
hun?
Re: JAMB To Combine University (UME) and Polytechnic Examinations by Dclique(m): 11:40pm On Apr 27, 2009
so is thr post ume ths yr or nt?
Re: JAMB To Combine University (UME) and Polytechnic Examinations by Thomaths(m): 6:45pm On Apr 29, 2009
Let wait and see what the outcome of policy will be.
Re: JAMB To Combine University (UME) and Polytechnic Examinations by Nobody: 10:37am On Apr 30, 2009
Will qualified candidates ever get admitted with this? Hell no!
Re: JAMB To Combine University (UME) and Polytechnic Examinations by maxtop(m): 11:41am On Apr 30, 2009
arrant nonsense, shocked
Re: JAMB To Combine University (UME) and Polytechnic Examinations by Redman44(m): 11:58am On Apr 30, 2009
I hope they have really done their homework well. I believe in innovation and new approaches but this idea needs a lot of planning and logistics. I wish them well. Cheers.
Re: JAMB To Combine University (UME) and Polytechnic Examinations by bsanya(f): 12:01pm On Apr 30, 2009
Rebranding in the Education sector! All the best!!!
Re: JAMB To Combine University (UME) and Polytechnic Examinations by solosimple(m): 12:04pm On Apr 30, 2009
I think the the policy would work
Re: JAMB To Combine University (UME) and Polytechnic Examinations by luckymome(f): 2:24pm On Apr 30, 2009
Does it mean they will post students to their various choice of school after or what
I pray that the policy will work to bridge the dichotomy between north and south
Re: JAMB To Combine University (UME) and Polytechnic Examinations by Dclique(m): 4:19pm On Apr 30, 2009
me too!!!
luckymome:

Does it mean they will post students to their various choice of school after or what
I pray that the policy will work to bridge the dichotomy between north and south
Re: JAMB To Combine University (UME) and Polytechnic Examinations by solosimple(m): 4:22pm On Apr 30, 2009
Go read the whole story. The idea will work.
Re: JAMB To Combine University (UME) and Polytechnic Examinations by hackney(m): 4:59pm On Apr 30, 2009
What?!!
Re: JAMB To Combine University (UME) and Polytechnic Examinations by hectorswag(m): 5:54pm On Apr 30, 2009
whats d big deal! thank God this jamb is my last anyway
Re: JAMB To Combine University (UME) and Polytechnic Examinations by hectorswag(m): 5:55pm On Apr 30, 2009
Re: JAMB To Combine University (UME) and Polytechnic Examinations by CBTonline(m): 9:27pm On Apr 30, 2009
Global recession is beginning to take its toll on them.

Cost of stationeries and other material requirements are not
negotiating with them.

I can't blaim them cause they're trying to cut cost and i think
it's a welcome development.

I believe they would have done the CBA (Cost Benefit Analysis)
of their decisions.

Students are only advised to study harder at this point in time
as cost of obtaining forms will jump up anytime from now and
higher institutions will jerk tuition cost.

It ain't getting cheaper. I pray the good LORD will release grace for
prospective and returning students.
Re: JAMB To Combine University (UME) and Polytechnic Examinations by cvibe: 10:30pm On Apr 30, 2009
This should make things easier for prospective students.
Re: JAMB To Combine University (UME) and Polytechnic Examinations by toideve(m): 10:56pm On Apr 30, 2009
mine was upgraded by 20 marks,
Re: JAMB To Combine University (UME) and Polytechnic Examinations by ayanjide(m): 4:45am On May 01, 2009
dats strange and scary, i ll go and rechek mine lol
Re: JAMB To Combine University (UME) and Polytechnic Examinations by dyabman(m): 10:45am On May 01, 2009
they wont release mine,
Re: JAMB To Combine University (UME) and Polytechnic Examinations by lekside44(m): 9:11pm On May 01, 2009
not a bad idea if its intention is to save cost, but they should note that a polytechnic is not the same as a university. polytechnic is a practical and technology school, while a [color=#770077][/color]university is a school for philantropics.
Re: JAMB To Combine University (UME) and Polytechnic Examinations by darlous(m): 5:47pm On May 02, 2009
I think its a great idea, it will surely work out.
Re: JAMB To Combine University (UME) and Polytechnic Examinations by edusolver(m): 10:38am On May 03, 2009
THERE IS NO BIG DEAL IN ADMISSION PROCUREMENT AND SUCCESS INTO NIGERIA INSTITUTION,
IT IS A MATTER OF SETTLING OUT your plans AND CONNECTING YOURSELF TO THE BEST ENVIRONMENT.
Here is a board primarily aimed for the achievenment of success in anyform of NIGERIA UNIVERSITY screening examination(POST-UME,FOUNDATION EXAMS IN UNILAG AND LASU,PRE-DEGREE ENTRANCE EXAMS), particularly
*UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS,AKOKA (UNILAG)
*LAGOS STATE UNIVERSITY (LASU)
*OLABISI ONABANJO UNIVERSITY,OGUNSTATE (O.O.U)
*OBAFEMI AWOLOWO UNIVERSITY, ILE-IFE (O.A.U)
*UNIVERSITY OF ADO-EKITI (UNAD)
*UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURE,ABEOKUTA

In these institutions, "we have our tentacles"
We will councel you base on past records and observation in your required institution according to your terms and condition.
our records speak for us
, impossible is not possible
we are with you
reach edusolver at besteduassist@yahoo.com or call 07064443513
(counseling is free)
Re: JAMB To Combine University (UME) and Polytechnic Examinations by UyiIredia(m): 9:29pm On May 04, 2009
undecided undecided
Dat one no concan me,
SO FA DEM DO AM WELL SHA!!!
my main grouse with JAMB is ova d calculator ise when will dey eva get
it right, I took JAMB 3ce b4 Igot admission & used the calculator on 2 of such occassions
MY PALS WERENT DAT LOCKY
Re: JAMB To Combine University (UME) and Polytechnic Examinations by dcute: 4:40pm On May 06, 2009
I don't really see the advantages of the ministry of education doing this,really
Re: JAMB To Combine University (UME) and Polytechnic Examinations by stchukky: 12:42pm On May 08, 2009
Is JAMB actually upgrading the scores of candidates for the 2009 UME.
Re: JAMB To Combine University (UME) and Polytechnic Examinations by hectorswag(m): 4:30pm On May 08, 2009
yeah only for science students, u can still use the same card you used when checking the results the last time.
Re: JAMB To Combine University (UME) and Polytechnic Examinations by nnaemmy(m): 8:08pm On May 08, 2009
well, if combining the two will put a stop to this post university test, so that our jambites will be getting direct admission, better! grin grin grin grin But they should think about it b4 embarking on it shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

(1) (Reply)

Ui Pg School Fees 2010/11 / 7 secret to excel in uniben post utme exam / Jamb Official Burnt Alive Today By Jambites Who Failed At The Centre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.