Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,031 members, 7,880,220 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 02:24 PM

Please Advice - I Need To Make A Quick Decision - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Please Advice - I Need To Make A Quick Decision (753 Views)

I Don't Want To Regret My Decision And Miss Out On What Is For Me. Pls Advice / Advice- “I Allowed My Best Friend Have Sex With My Wife, Have I Made A Mistake?” / I Need Advice: I Got Her Pregnant But I'm Married (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Advice - I Need To Make A Quick Decision by bebenlo007: 7:05pm On Apr 27, 2009
I need you guys to help me make a decision about my marriage.

This is my story…

I am married to a woman I had known for about 20 years. A year after we met (almost 20 years ago) she got admission in a Southern State Polytechnic in Nigeria and I later found out that she is seeing another guy, I cried because I was crazily in love with her. A lot had happened in the relationship both ups and downs and I still love her but I let her know that her affair with that guy had caused some damages in the love I have for her and that I am not comfortable of her still talking to that guy.
They have lost contact, we are now in the US and the guy in UK, but I found out very recently that my wife had found a way to locate this guy and they have now re-established contact.
The irony thing there is that this was revealed to me 3 days into a 7 Days Deliverance Prayer and Fasting session I had put together for myself, so I am confused.
I need help, please advise me of what to do (I am thinking of a divorce).

Thanks
Bebenlo007
Re: Please Advice - I Need To Make A Quick Decision by 190: 10:19pm On Apr 27, 2009
i kant believe dis
im i really d 1st guy 2 comment on dis,

Ooooh my Gawdddd
Re: Please Advice - I Need To Make A Quick Decision by posakosa(m): 10:21pm On Apr 27, 2009
Okay and so what if they have re-established contact ? Does it mean that they are doing something, !

Trust is critical here mister,
Re: Please Advice - I Need To Make A Quick Decision by Nobody: 10:35pm On Apr 27, 2009
Her body is with you but her mind is not. its crystal clear you are now an expired partner. theres no point keeping someone who needs someone else. I think you should put asunder.
Re: Please Advice - I Need To Make A Quick Decision by onyekang1(f): 10:42pm On Apr 27, 2009
Well! considering the fact that they had something together prior to this time, I guess you both need to do some talking. wink wink
Re: Please Advice - I Need To Make A Quick Decision by Secretz(f): 11:06pm On Apr 27, 2009
20 years is a looong time,

think you should sit down and talk with her, be upfront and real, ask her direct. Ask her what she wants, if shes happy? etc

Basically to be frank, you got alot of talking to do, you been with her for soo long, you should pretty much know her better than most, so your instincts shall respond to her own answers and responses and take it from there. Also continue to fast and pray!

grin
Re: Please Advice - I Need To Make A Quick Decision by Czarskit(m): 11:07pm On Apr 27, 2009
~ Seek advice from the prayer warriors that made the revelation ~
Re: Please Advice - I Need To Make A Quick Decision by justwise(m): 11:41pm On Apr 27, 2009
@ Poster

I feel your pain, i have been there before though not in marriage level but in rela/ship just recently. I think u have given her the impression that u can't do without her, u are ready to do nothing thing to please her, u stomach all sorts just to make things work, she is taking advange of this, if children are involved in this marriage then u need to consider that first befor taking any decision.

Have a serious chat with her, probably with your family as well if nothing changes, let her go and move on with your life, let her go and meet the UK guy, i bet u, it will end in tears.
Its not going to be an easy decision for u but living with a woman like that is a nightmare.

No marriage without trust
Re: Please Advice - I Need To Make A Quick Decision by Honeyboy09(m): 11:50pm On Apr 27, 2009
@Secretz 20 years is a looong time,

think you should sit down and talk with her, be upfront and real, ask her direct. Ask her what she wants, if shes happy? etc

Basically to be frank, you got alot of talking to do, you been with her for soo long, you should pretty much know her better than most, so your instincts shall respond to her own answers and responses and take it from there. Also continue to fast and pray!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@poster women wont tell you anything than you should sit her down and talk with her , and you can imagine what Secretz wrote that you should continue to fast and pray , Over who a woman you approached and asked to be your g/f and later your Wife BullShit , She is not worth it man there is no need talking when you found out she had an Affair in School you should have let her go on with her Life , you are too soft and she is taking advantage of you and she obviously does not love you .

I'm sorry but i advice a Divorce leave her and let her go and meet the guy in Uk , she does not deserve a guy like you , i know it wount be easy but bro there are more hotter and beautiful girls in America so what are you waiting for , best of Luck bro
Re: Please Advice - I Need To Make A Quick Decision by bebenlo007: 12:30am On Apr 28, 2009
Thanks guys, I really appreciate all your contributions.
Re: Please Advice - I Need To Make A Quick Decision by Hauwa1: 12:49am On Apr 28, 2009
em you got the info at a deliverance prayer meeting?
undecided
Re: Please Advice - I Need To Make A Quick Decision by Akinagirl(f): 2:36am On Apr 28, 2009
Well finding out this "fact" out in a prayer meeting does not hold enough water to do away with her. Yes she broke the between the two of you, yes. But now its time to talk and reconcile. Ask her whats really good between you (20 years is no joke.) all, ask her straight out if she wants out, and what two need to do in this that marriage. But keeping things like this bottled up inside of you will explode in the ugliest way. So please talk to her, find out what she wants, find out what you want, then make a decision based on that.
Re: Please Advice - I Need To Make A Quick Decision by Secretz(f): 9:04am On Apr 28, 2009
@honeyboy09

YOU! Are not serious! Firstly if you want to use my quote, abeg, use the 'insert quote' option,

And, 20 years is a bloody long time my dear brother, hence the suggestion for him to sit down an talk to his wife! You think if they had been together for a short while I would suggest he make an effort?? abeg! commot! 20 years is a long investment and I would not be walking out that easily,

Forget about how he found out! The fact that he's suspicious is enough,

@ poster, just talk to her, or if you like, say nothing and torment your mental and emotional state. As my grandpa always says, IT'S YOUR LIFE! grin
Re: Please Advice - I Need To Make A Quick Decision by hollandis(f): 9:45am On Apr 28, 2009
I wonder why any man will be attracted to a 20 years long married woman.When young fishes exists in abundance.
ewwwww
Re: Please Advice - I Need To Make A Quick Decision by izeek(m): 10:00am On Apr 28, 2009
well this is kinda a diff call for u,
if u ask her to stop talking to her friend it wud seem as if u are asking her to stop having friends.

handle this with care, although i dont like the way it was revealed to you.
Re: Please Advice - I Need To Make A Quick Decision by ladybam(f): 10:10am On Apr 28, 2009
hollandis:

I wonder why any man will be attracted to a 20 years long married woman.When young fishes exists in abundance.
ewwwww

yh. but wen, in this life, did men start knowing wat dey want. undecided undecided
Re: Please Advice - I Need To Make A Quick Decision by Secretz(f): 10:23am On Apr 28, 2009
lady bam:

yh. but wen, in this life, did men start knowing wat dey want. undecided undecided

lol, you deserve handshake my sister! (although there are some that do).
Re: Please Advice - I Need To Make A Quick Decision by wembly(m): 10:25am On Apr 28, 2009
i know the older a woman gets the more appreciative she becomes,even 4 a quikie grin[color=#000099][/color] grin
Re: Please Advice - I Need To Make A Quick Decision by Nobody: 12:05pm On Apr 28, 2009
wen a woman is fed up, there is nothing u can do about it- R. kelly.
Re: Please Advice - I Need To Make A Quick Decision by Secretz(f): 12:13pm On Apr 28, 2009
@tpa

Lol!
Re: Please Advice - I Need To Make A Quick Decision by Feelitx(m): 3:23pm On Apr 28, 2009
After the revelation,how did you confirm that to be correct? I just don't understand some men.
Re: Please Advice - I Need To Make A Quick Decision by topup: 4:49pm On Apr 28, 2009
Before I can really respond, I need to establish one thing,

How strong your relationship is. She's known you for 20 years now and you're married to her, people are advicing you to leave her without a second thought, but I advice you to think again.

What is in need here is for you to lay your position down on the line. She needs to be aware that you are aware of what she's doing, after all she may just think she's having some secret harmless fun (not insinuating that she's having an affair).

It would be great if she could justify why she needs to be in contact with this guy, I mean not every relationship has to die just because the spouse is fond of old memories or keeping her friends from the past, but if it's really affecting you, your body language and response to the idea should be enough to cause her to slowly kill the calls and the friendship she has with him.

Before you go and do anything rash, talk to her. Marriage is not something to be thrown away just like that, it's not like every other relationship, you have to work at it, and try your hardest at it, pride shouldn't be at the forefront of your mind, and you should allow the person to see what they've done to offend you - as some people are really unaware of the pains they cause their partners through their actions.

Talk to her.

I hope that helped.
Re: Please Advice - I Need To Make A Quick Decision by whitelexi(m): 4:55pm On Apr 28, 2009
Do u have any kids?

(1) (Reply)

Am In Total Confusion- I Need Your Advic Pls Nairalanders / Job Abroad Vs Marriage / Only Bad Girls Like Bad Boys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.