Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,136 members, 7,939,575 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 08:35 AM

Help!!! I Tend To Throw Up Any Time I Travel In A Vehicle(car,bus). - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Help!!! I Tend To Throw Up Any Time I Travel In A Vehicle(car,bus). (3300 Views)

Nigeria More Divided Under Buhari Than Any Time In History – Charles Soludo / Each Time I Travel On Benin-ore Express Road, I Can't But Say God Bless GEJ / A Vehicle With "BIAFRA" As Number Plate In The US Spotted By A Nairalander (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!!! I Tend To Throw Up Any Time I Travel In A Vehicle(car,bus). by Querty(m): 1:58pm On Oct 14, 2015
plse what can I do to stop or reduce dis tendencies of throwing up (vomiting) each time I move in a bus or car. I always get choked and irritated by d burning fuel.

I have turned down many opportunities dat have to do with traveling a long distance just because of this tendency.

plse help!!
Re: Help!!! I Tend To Throw Up Any Time I Travel In A Vehicle(car,bus). by Nobody: 2:54pm On Oct 14, 2015
Hmmm, my son, Obatala is angry with you and must be appeased with 1 adult north-korean elephant, 1 peruvian rhinoceros and 42 whiskers of a siberian jaguar. grin

In addition to these, you must change your signature immediately because Obatala does not like that beautiful frog-eyed kleptomaniac called Diezani. grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!!! I Tend To Throw Up Any Time I Travel In A Vehicle(car,bus). by tosyne2much(m): 2:59pm On Oct 14, 2015
As funny as it sounds, I have once witnessed a scene when a mother and her son were vomiting profusely in the bus I boarded when travelling this year, and one or two passengers advised she put a drop of petrol on her tongue

I don't know if this truly works

1 Like

Re: Help!!! I Tend To Throw Up Any Time I Travel In A Vehicle(car,bus). by Sveen: 3:00pm On Oct 14, 2015
tosyne2much:
As funny as it sounds, I have seen a mother and his son vomiting in the bus I boarded when travelling, and other passengers advised she put a drop of petrol in her mouth

Oga, how market? grin

3 Likes

Re: Help!!! I Tend To Throw Up Any Time I Travel In A Vehicle(car,bus). by Querty(m): 3:02pm On Oct 14, 2015
Akathriel:
Hmmm, my son, Obatala is angry with you and must be appeased with 1 adult north-korean elephant, 1 peruvian rhinoceros and 42 whiskers of a siberian jaguar. grin

In addition to these, you must change your signature immediately because Obatala does not like that beautiful frog-eyed kleptomaniac called Diezani. grin

lolzz

sorry I just can't help it...

I love dat woman... She remains my crush no matter what..
Re: Help!!! I Tend To Throw Up Any Time I Travel In A Vehicle(car,bus). by coolitempa(f): 3:04pm On Oct 14, 2015
Querty:
plse what can I do to stop or reduce dis tendencies of throwing up (vomiting) each time I move in a bus or car. I always get choked and irritated by d burning fuel.

I have turned down many opportunities dat have to do with traveling a long distance just because of this tendency.

plse help!!

My Aunty used to have this problem too. I think she eventually outgrew it but try google.....you will find a solution there... cool...Good luck.. cool

1 Like

Re: Help!!! I Tend To Throw Up Any Time I Travel In A Vehicle(car,bus). by Querty(m): 3:05pm On Oct 14, 2015
tosyne2much:
As funny as it sounds, I have once witnessed a scene when a mother and her son were vomiting profusely in the bus I boarded when travelling this year, and one or two passengers advised she put a drop of petrol on her tongue

tanks..

someone already suggested dat to me before...but wasn't sure about dat option
Re: Help!!! I Tend To Throw Up Any Time I Travel In A Vehicle(car,bus). by tosyne2much(m): 3:05pm On Oct 14, 2015
Sveen:
Oga, how market? grin
See u !!!! U wan use me take garner likes shey ? cheesy

No be gbagaun be dat, na typographical error so I don correct am sharp sharp tongue
Re: Help!!! I Tend To Throw Up Any Time I Travel In A Vehicle(car,bus). by Querty(m): 3:06pm On Oct 14, 2015
coolitempa:

My Aunty used to have this problem too. I think she eventually outgrew it but try google.....you will find a solution there... cool...Good luck.. cool

tanks
Re: Help!!! I Tend To Throw Up Any Time I Travel In A Vehicle(car,bus). by tosyne2much(m): 3:06pm On Oct 14, 2015
coolitempa:

Hey babe

Stop using my smiley cool
Re: Help!!! I Tend To Throw Up Any Time I Travel In A Vehicle(car,bus). by snakie86: 3:11pm On Oct 14, 2015
Querty:

plse help!!

Try as much as possible to sit where u will get enough fresh air and travel with water to drink at interval whenever u are going on a long journey. This has been helping me to survive throwing up cos its also a challenge to me.
Regards
Re: Help!!! I Tend To Throw Up Any Time I Travel In A Vehicle(car,bus). by Beremx(f): 3:12pm On Oct 14, 2015
It is called "car sickness" o! I always have the nausea feeling anytime I travel a long journey but I don't vomit all the time.

Next time you wanna travel,take a tablet of Avomide before boarding. It will not make you vomit.

3 Likes

Re: Help!!! I Tend To Throw Up Any Time I Travel In A Vehicle(car,bus). by FastShipping: 3:15pm On Oct 14, 2015
This used to happen to me as well but got better over the years.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! I Tend To Throw Up Any Time I Travel In A Vehicle(car,bus). by EgusiSoup: 3:16pm On Oct 14, 2015
Beremx:
It is called "car sickness" o! I always have the nausea feeling anytime I travel a long journey but I don't vomit all the time.

Next time you wanna travel,take a tablet of Avomide before boarding. It will not make you vomit.

Judith, When has you became a doctor? Proposing drug for person? Does you want to kill him? undecided
Re: Help!!! I Tend To Throw Up Any Time I Travel In A Vehicle(car,bus). by Ilekeh(f): 3:17pm On Oct 14, 2015
Then you better grow wings or get a bike.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! I Tend To Throw Up Any Time I Travel In A Vehicle(car,bus). by Kagawa10: 3:20pm On Oct 14, 2015
You can reduce it by sitting near the car window where you can get enough ventilation! Drinking something like yoghurt or soft drinks also helps!
Re: Help!!! I Tend To Throw Up Any Time I Travel In A Vehicle(car,bus). by Querty(m): 3:37pm On Oct 14, 2015
Kagawa10:
You can reduce it by sitting near the car window where you can get enough ventilation! Drinking something like yoghurt or soft drinks also helps!

tanks

if I try take or drink anything, it becomes worse for me. and I must not be doing anything or talking, not even pressing phone...all dis make it worse...I will just sit somtimes breathing through mouth..

infact, it has bin terrible for me
Re: Help!!! I Tend To Throw Up Any Time I Travel In A Vehicle(car,bus). by Querty(m): 3:39pm On Oct 14, 2015
Beremx:

tanks!!

but plse are u a health worker?
Re: Help!!! I Tend To Throw Up Any Time I Travel In A Vehicle(car,bus). by Beremx(f): 3:44pm On Oct 14, 2015
Querty:

tanks!!

but plse are u a health worker?
I am not a health worker. Like I said,I always have car sickness whenever I embark on a long journey. I take a tablet of Avomide which makes me not to nauseate. The nauseation sometimes lead to vomiting.

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! I Tend To Throw Up Any Time I Travel In A Vehicle(car,bus). by playahata: 3:45pm On Oct 14, 2015
Querty:

plse help!!
Try some mary jane therapy if u know what I mean
Re: Help!!! I Tend To Throw Up Any Time I Travel In A Vehicle(car,bus). by Babe2sure(f): 4:12pm On Oct 14, 2015
Its called " motion sickness." Some people experiences it while travelling.
Sit where you will get enough ventilation in the car. Taking chewing gums may help too.

3 Likes

Re: Help!!! I Tend To Throw Up Any Time I Travel In A Vehicle(car,bus). by Querty(m): 4:18pm On Oct 14, 2015
Beremx:
I am not a health worker. Like I said,I always have car sickness whenever I embark on a long journey. I take a tablet of Avomide which makes me not to nauseate. The nauseation sometimes lead to vomiting.

tanks ,ur advice is valid!!

I will try it out!!
Re: Help!!! I Tend To Throw Up Any Time I Travel In A Vehicle(car,bus). by Beremx(f): 4:22pm On Oct 14, 2015
Querty:

I will try it out!!
you're welcome.
Re: Help!!! I Tend To Throw Up Any Time I Travel In A Vehicle(car,bus). by Ilekeh(f): 4:25pm On Oct 14, 2015
It's the distasteful Nigerian roads, so many damn bumps on the road.
When your eyes/ears are in discordance with the movement (car hitting bumps) you're seeing/feeling, you get sick.
Re: Help!!! I Tend To Throw Up Any Time I Travel In A Vehicle(car,bus). by Beremx(f): 4:30pm On Oct 14, 2015
Querty:

I will try it out!!

Treating motion sickness
Mild symptoms of motion sickness can usually be
improved using techniques such as fixing your eyes
on the horizon or distracting yourself by listening to
music.
Other self care techniques you could try include:
Keep still – if possible, choose a cabin or seat in
the middle of a boat or plane, because this is
where you'll experience the least movement. Use
a pillow or headrest to help keep your head as still
as possible.
Look at a stable object – for example, the
horizon. Reading or playing games may make
your symptoms worse. Closing your eyes may
help relieve symptoms.
Fresh air – open windows or move to the top
deck of a ship to avoid getting too hot and to get a
good supply of fresh air.
Relax – by listening to music while focusing on
your breathing or carrying out a mental activity,
such as counting backwards from 100.
Stay calm – keep calm about the journey. You’re
more likely to get motion sickness if you worry
about it.
It’s also a good idea to avoid eating a large meal or
drinking alcohol before travelling. You should keep
well hydrated throughout your journey by drinking
water.
Medication
More severe motion sickness can be treated with
medication. It's usually better to take medication for
motion sickness before your journey to prevent
symptoms developing.

Hyoscine

Hyoscine, also known as scopolamine, is widely used
to treat motion sickness. It's thought to work by
blocking some of the nerve signals sent from the
vestibular system.
Hyoscine is available over the counter from
pharmacists. To be effective, you'll need to take it
before travelling. If you're going on a long journey –
for example, by sea – hyoscine patches can be
applied to your skin every three days.
Common side effects of hyoscine include drowsiness,
blurred vision and dizziness. As hyoscine can cause
drowsiness, avoid taking it if you're planning to drive.
Hyoscine should also be used with caution in
children, the elderly, and if you have certain
conditions such as epilepsy or a history of heart,
kidney or liver problems.

Antihistamines

Antihistamines are used to treat symptoms of
allergies, but can also help to control nausea and
vomiting. They’re less effective at treating motion
sickness than hyoscine, but may cause fewer side
effects.
They’re usually taken as tablets one or two hours
before your journey. If it's a long journey, you may
need to take a dose every eight hours. Like hyoscine,
some antihistamines can cause drowsiness. Your
pharmacist can advise you.

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Motion-sickness/Pages/Introduction.aspx

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! I Tend To Throw Up Any Time I Travel In A Vehicle(car,bus). by Beremx(f): 4:30pm On Oct 14, 2015
Dp
Re: Help!!! I Tend To Throw Up Any Time I Travel In A Vehicle(car,bus). by 0taPiaPia(m): 4:34pm On Oct 14, 2015
Querty:

I will try it out!!

bro i have same problem.. d day i was worst hit was when i boarded a bus to ABJ.. omo.. see embarrassment.
but i finally figured a way to outsmart it... DONT EAT IN D MORNING BEFORE TRAVELLING.. u can take snacks when u go half way... this has worked like magic for me. cool

Last bullet; if there ain't something fresh in d tummy, theres definitely nothing to throw up.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! I Tend To Throw Up Any Time I Travel In A Vehicle(car,bus). by tosyne2much(m): 5:19pm On Oct 14, 2015
snakie86:

Try as much as possible to sit where u will get enough fresh air and travel with water to drink at interval whenever u are going on a long journey. This has been helping me to survive throwing up cos its also a challenge to me.
Regards
Oga Snakie how u dey now ? Long time biggest boss

E don tey wey I see you oooo... Read ur thread on sexuality section sometime last year and I must say that, you are the bomb cool
Re: Help!!! I Tend To Throw Up Any Time I Travel In A Vehicle(car,bus). by snakie86: 5:25pm On Oct 14, 2015
tosyne2much:
Oga Snakie how u dey now ? Long time biggest boss

E don tey wey I see you oooo... Read ur thread on sexuality section sometime last year and I must say that, you are the bomb cool

Have always been around my oga...just popping in and out all the tym

How evry now? Iyawo nko omo nko? wink
Re: Help!!! I Tend To Throw Up Any Time I Travel In A Vehicle(car,bus). by Davvymavvy: 5:44pm On Oct 14, 2015
It's motion sickness. Like Berem said, antihistamine is good for the treatment except for the sedative effect of the drug which could be reduced by using ephedrine with it
Re: Help!!! I Tend To Throw Up Any Time I Travel In A Vehicle(car,bus). by tosyne2much(m): 7:38pm On Oct 14, 2015
snakie86:

Have always been around my oga...just popping in and out all the tym

How evry now? Iyawo nko omo nko? wink
Iyawo and omo wa ni ayo at alafia

I dey reason marry one more wife sef

(1) (2) (Reply)

Unbelievable! Banks Will Start Charging Customer ₦50 For Receiving Money / See How Soldiers Were Punished...#tears / Some Streets In Ikoyi And Other Parts Of Lagos Named After Britons.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.